[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Magus learn any double or triple techs normally? What about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: Chrono_Trigger_for_ants.jpg (77KB, 256x186px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono_Trigger_for_ants.jpg
77KB, 256x186px
Does Magus learn any double or triple techs normally?
What about those accessories that grant triple techs? Do you learn them once and can equip something else, kinda like in FFIX, or do you have to have them equipped at all times if you want to use those techs? Are they worth using over other accessories?
Also, Gaspar says there's still someone very close to me who needs help. I thought he meant Marle's father, but I did his sidequest, and it still says that someone close needs help.
>>
he never learns any

you need to keep the item equipped to use

those triple techs are some of the best in the game

thats a glitch, and he will always say that
>>
>>389931293
Magus learns no team techs natively, but he does get one (maybe two, I forget) through the stones.

Stones must stay equipped.

Gaspar is actually talking about Queen Zeal, it's a straight up mistranslation, and appears even if you killed Magus.
>>
>>389931358
Oh okay.
Are they really that much better than the other triple techs?
Although in this game you get status immunity via helmets, and accessories are mostly used for some minor stat boosts. I have some unique accessories with special effects though, like Frog's crit up medal for Masamune.
How do those special triple techs work btw? Do I need a specific party composition, or can they be cast with any, as long as the caster has the accessory equipped?
>>
>>389931583

Black Rock allows for Dark Eternal, in which you need Magus, Lucca, and Marle.

Blue Rock lets you use Omega Flare (the cool one), and requires Magus, Robo, and Lucca.
>>
>>389931583
Just play the game you stupid nigger.
How do you have that much trouble with such an easy game?
>>
>>389931757
When did I ever say I had any trouble?
You seem to have trouble reading.
>>
Who the fuck kills magus
>>
>>389931358
Wrong. He stops saying it after you knock off zeal
>>
>>389932064
Apparently you do if you need people to spoonfeed you instead of just playing the game and figuring stuff out yourself.
>>
>>389932358
>muh spoonfeeding
>STOP TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES REEEEE
You're trying to fit it way too hard, kid.
I will play the game this evening when I get off from work, but if I can save some time by simply asking, I'd rather do just that.
There's no challenge of any sort in trial and error to figure out the right party composition for the triple techs.
>>
File: cc68.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cc68.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>389932358
You're a dick anon. OP probably just wants a CT discussion going on.

>>389932142
For Cyrus.
>>
>>389932142
I... I didn't think he would die if killed him.
>>
>>389931583
Triple Techs are all garbage, you are always better off spamming your strongest single Techs save for if you're dragging around Marle's worthleas ass, or in a few extremely specific boss fights. Also, use Haste Helms when you can, and Studs and Prism Specs are generally the best accessories.
>>
>>389932676
Guess what retard? People die if you kill them
>>
File: bd7a.jpg (254KB, 700x712px) Image search: [Google]
bd7a.jpg
254KB, 700x712px
>>389932676
Well, he's shit anyway, and it's more efficient to use double techs + individual action instead of triple techs.
>>
>>389932769
Well, he didn't die THE FIRST time I killed him.
>>
>>389932742
>Marle's worthleas ass
I wish the best girl wasn't so useless...
>shit attack and weapons
>shit stat growth
>no party heals
>few offensive spells
>>
File: 2c57.jpg (157KB, 1151x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2c57.jpg
157KB, 1151x1200px
>>389932769
Shirou get out

>>389932801
Isn't it natural to reload the game to see the outcome of both choices? That's certainly what I did. I decided to keep him for completion sake, but he's pretty shit.
>>
>>389932781
Triple techs are nice for cleaning up random encounters in a single turn. Kinda reminds me of Grand Cross spam in P2IS.
Although most of the time Magus can do that all by himself with his AoE spells.
>>389932896
I thought it would be an optional boss fight just for the players looking for some extra challenge, and that he'd still join after that.
I do save/reload before important choices in games.
>>
magus is supposed to be bad? He seemed pretty good when i played
>>
>>389935120

Not bad, just not as good as other party members.

The game is so easy, doesn't really matter what people you have on your team.
>>
>>389932781
Magus is fantastic on an initial run. It's only in NG+ (which shouldn't be played anyway) does he start to be outclassed.
>>
>>389936149
I used Frog/Chrono/Magus for the final fight. Magus' spells seemed pretty strong, and i didn't want to use Robo/Ayla because they couldn't use magic
>>
>>389936285
jokes on you, not only is ayla the strongest character in the game, robo is the second best and the team of ayla robo chrono is the best team. the game is easy enough where any team will work though.

ayla gets new fists as she levels up and will be the first character to hit for 9999 on their own LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG before anyone else
>>
>>389936503
It was the only playthrough i've ever done like 2 months ago. Is NG+ worth playing?
>>
>>389931293
He is also talking about the Forest near Porre or rather the desert. You see a small villa in the middle of the field. There are a couple or a Single woman. Help them out.
>>
>>389936581

>not doing 6+ playthrough to get every playable character their ultimate equipment.
>>
>>389936581
if you wanna see any of the 16 other endings sure. but i guess it really boils down to if you liked the game or not.
>>
>>389936678
the great debate:
safety helm or prism helm
>>
>>389936707
I thought it was alright. Low point was when i ran around the Blackbird for like an hour because i couldn't figure out what to do. I didn't know i had to run to the very bottom left of the wing to make the boss appear, i ran past a few times and saw nothing so assumed i had to find the Right wing and break turrets there
>>
File: Kero Kero.png (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kero Kero.png
64KB, 500x500px
Crono/Lucca/Robo or Frog depending
Fact.
>>
>>389936754
Prism Helm
>>
>>389936785
i did that my first time through too.

>>389936794
yeah maybe on ng +3 where you get enough speed tabs to offset using the 2 slowest party members
>>
>>389936853
but the last boss doesnt use any status ailments and casts physical damage spells.
>>
>>389936916
Judging how useful something is based solely on how well it does against a single enemy is retarded.
>>
>>389932876
Literally worst gal side characters included
>>
>>389932876
She really shines in low-level runs; the triple-tech lifeline is a must.
>>
>>389936916
i believe there is less than ten enemies that doesnt use physical damage. the only status ailment of any real threat is charm/confuse but you will almost never see that.
>>
>>389938597
meant for
>>389938063
>>
>>389935120
Magus is a jack of all trades character but he comes extremely late in the game. By that point you don't really need him at all, since characters like Crono, Ayla and Robo are already broken.
>>
>>389939824
>Grind for fifteen minutes to get the fancy katana at the start of the game
>No challenge whatsoever for the rest of the playthrough
>>
>>389940212
Isn't that katana underpowered by the time you reach the end of time?
It's never seemed worth the effort to me, given that the Leene arc and future are easy enough already.
>>
What accessory should I give Crono?
Sun Shades, Frenzy Band or Prism Specs?
>>
>>389940831
Prism Specs or Frenzy Band, Sun Shades only does as half as much of a boost compared to the Prism Specs (Sun Shades gives 25% boost while Prism Specs gives 50%)
>>
>>389940831
The sun shades are just a shittier version of the Prism Specs, so I'd pass on those.

I'd probably go with the Prism Specs, since it works well in tandem with Crono's multi-hit techs. If you're playing the DS version the Dragon's Tear is even better, you can regularly get four critical hits with frenzy/confuse.
>>
File: 1445790159096.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1445790159096.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
>>389941027
>>389941031
>The sun shades are just a shittier version of the Prism Specs
>>
>>389940831
Golden stud. Luminaire all day, forever.
>>389940313
I love Chrono Trigger, but it's not a very challenging game. Even if you never grind, half of the dungeons are milk-runs.
>>
>>389941257
I reserved Golden Stud for Magus. He annihilates random encounters that aren't resistant to magic in a single turn and never runs out of MP.
But I was thinking more in terms of preparation for the final battle.
>>
>>389941257
Luminaire spam isn't really useful in the Black Omen or Lavos battle, which is where I assume he's at.
>>
>>389936280
Why shouldn't you play NG+? Because it's too easy? The game is super easy anyway, so I don't see why that would matter.
>>
>>389941702
It's incredibly boring and pointless.
>>
>>389941702
>>389942095
So are the endings in CT kinda like in Disgaea? Because you reach them by prematurely killing bosses because you're overleveled?
>>
>>389942639
Basically. You can access the final boss at any point, and depending on when you kill him you get different endings. Nearly all of them are jokes though, and at least two of them are just altered credits.

You'll never be leveled enough to get any besides the primary endings on your first playthrough without serious grinding though, and one or two are only reachable on New Game Plus since you normally can't access Lavos until a few hours into the game.
>>
>>389943000
>and one or two are only reachable on New Game Plus
Yeah, I was wondering if there were any NG+ exclusive ones.
>>
>>389943159
I just double checked.
There's one ending that's completely locked to it. You have to fight Lavos after you save Marle at the start of the game but before reaching the End of Time, so it requires the New Game Plus portal.

There's another that can be achieved at the very start of the game if you fight him with Crono alone, but it's the same ending you get by defeating Lavos later on in the Ocean Palace.
>>
What happens to the cat that falls into a pit when you revisit the prehistoric castle on the rainbow shell quest? Can you save it?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.