[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is anyone else excited for the .hack//GU trilogy coming t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: GU_Covers.jpg (61KB, 626x298px) Image search: [Google]
GU_Covers.jpg
61KB, 626x298px
So is anyone else excited for the .hack//GU trilogy coming to PC?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/525480/hackGU_Last_Recode/

Really wish we had gotten the original quadrilogy first, but I'll take any .hack at this point
>>
>>389921395
How do I into the .hack franchise? There's so much shit I can't tell where I'm supposed to start
>>
I'm somewhat excited. Never got to play any of the G.U. games, and I enjoyed Roots.

It's also nice to see my favorite character from Signs bounce back from his shit fate and go on to be a main character,
edge lord or not.
>>
Quadrilogy isn't a word
>>
>>389921395
Ain't a trilogy anymore.
They have a 4th Vol. for Last Recode.
>>
File: 1445404336160.jpg (397KB, 699x491px) Image search: [Google]
1445404336160.jpg
397KB, 699x491px
>>389921625

It's going to have different voice actors, isn't it
>>
>>389921487
Watch Sign. If you want to emulate the original PS2 games go for that, though I dunno how they run, otherwise the GU games I think come with a recap disc, you should also watch Roots before playing GU.

There's other OVAs and mangas and shit, but you don't really need them.

>>389921625
I'm really not expecting that thing to be very long at all.
>>
>>389921615

and there were no such things as words until we started using them as such

fag
>>
>i get to re-play my adventures of beltman

nice.
>>
>>389921395
>So is anyone else excited for the .hack//GU trilogy coming to PC?

Ports don't excite me. Why would they?
>>
>>389921674
It comes with the Japanese dub, so probably not on that one. English trailer still had Yuri Lowenthal as Haseo.
>>
>>389921487
just get the .hack//GU remaster coming to ps4 and pc. (.hack//gu last recode). theres also a video recap of the original .hack quadrilogy in it. so watch that video recap and then play the games in last recode.

worry about everything else after that if you liked it enough to watch the animes and read the books.

the anime and books are more just side things, dont let them scare you away from playing the games
>>
No.
>>
>>389921487
The anime is pretty good, if not confusing
>>
>>389921792
this x10
>>
>>389921792
Sign and Roots matter. Rest really doesn't.
>>
>>389921904
but they dont matter enough for him to watch them before playing the games
>>
>>389921487
.hack//SIGN anime leads into the IMOQ games on PS2. .hack/Liminality is a 4 part OVA series that takes place during the games. .hack//ROOTS is the sequel to the previous material and the prequel to the .hack//G.U. games

Legend of the Twilight is non-canon moé garbage. I'm not sure if Quantum is canon but it stars a Rule 63 version of the IMOQ MC so there's that. Never saw the movie. Everything else is inconsequential (Fragment) or shit (the card games and PSP games)
>>
.hack invented sword art online
kirito was more tolerable when he was a cute girl who ended up in a yuri relationship with a crippled cute girl.
>>
You still have your copies of the original 4 .hack games, right /v/?
>>
>>389921487

first this >>389921792

and then this >>389921970 if youre interested enough afterwards
>>
>>389921964
Eh, I really enjoy the Sora-Haseo connection, but I suppose you're right.

I also think Sign is a fun watch. Roots...less so aside from Haseo's descent into madness.
>>
>>389921395
Pretty hype to play it again. Been meaning to burn through both of the series again, hopefully the first series gets the same treatment.
Kinda makes me want to rewatch roots too, as shit as it was.
>>
R E N G E K I

I'm not looking forward to all the shitty arena grinding though
>>
>>389921487
It's best to do things in order? The main plot bits were released in chronological order. Sign leads directly into the Quadrilogy. Then there was a timeskip and Roots leads into G.U.. You can skip any part with little ill effect, but it's easy to start with Sign
>>
File: IMG_0301.jpg (612KB, 1032x1422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0301.jpg
612KB, 1032x1422px
My copy of Infection sadly got lost during a move about a decade ago (I'd kill to know what happened to it), but I lucked out and found another one at an ex-rental sale a while back.
>>
>>389921674
New form. Can't switch weapons.
But new form uses the epitaphs for arts. Making change into every weapon type in the game for a attack but not basic attacks.
>>
.hack was such a great experience some years ago.
We had the anime telling us what happened before the games, and then every game had some comfy as fuck areas and every one of them came with a OVA with even more stuff to watch.
I'll never get tired of hearing Mac Anu's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYcrt8bvAmg
>>
>>389921750
> Fully restored – Graphically enhanced gameplay and cut scenes now in 1080p and 60fps
>Improved system features – Enhanced battle balance and game pacing to provide an optimal experience for new and old fans alike.

Not even a bitt? Sadly i doub it will include native ultrawide support
>>
>>389921792
This. The original quadrilogy hasn't aged too well despite the nice aesthetic
>>
>>389922387
You were lucky, Infection is really easy to get for cheap, it's the other 3 that are expensive.
It's always nice to see a PAL quadrilogy, that good care of those anon
>>
>>389921703
>>389921792
>>389921879
>>389921970
>>389922328
Thanks a lot anons.
>>
>>389921750
It's adding a fourth part.
>>
>>389922387
I want these games on PC.
>>
>>389922042
Of course! I went crazy and bought doubles too, plus all the demos and both Trade demos. It cost me less than Quarantine itself fetches now...
>>
File: 1340096110814.gif (565KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1340096110814.gif
565KB, 320x240px
>>389921970
>Legend of the Twilight is non-canon moé garbage.

>be obsessively into .hack//sign as a kid, kickstarted my obsession with MMOs
>up late one night watching CN
>notice LotT on the TV guide at 1/2 am
>had no idea it even existed
>stay up even later to watch it
>can still remember the supreme disappointment 12-year-old me felt
It was the first time I can remember a piece of media disappointing me
>>
>>389922387
It's just a shame these games are so God damn mediocre in literally every imaginable way.
>>
>>389922520
The original quad never had great gameplay to be honest, but the soundtrack, story and the comfy feeling always kept me hooked. And it was also pretty fun loading your save onto the next game.
>>
>>389921395
original quadriology is pretty damn shit though

really super fucking tedious if you want to collect everything
>>
>>389922669
LotT at least had Ouka, who was muh dick tier.
Really, the only thing I remember about the series.
>>
File: SIGN.jpg (426KB, 908x1272px) Image search: [Google]
SIGN.jpg
426KB, 908x1272px
>>389922584
I'll be sure to!

Scary to think it's been about about 13-14 years since .hack was at the peak of its powers. I still remember mowing lawns in early high school to save up the money for the //SIGN boxset and then all the games.
>>
Somewhat offtopic but why has no other series tried to do a multimedia project like .hack did? Right now the closest thing would be SAO and its games or maybe some shitty phone games for random anime but they're never as connected as .hack was between the anime, games, and ovas.
>>
>>389923175
Can't think of anything that did it like dothack. Level-5 ever since Inazuma Eleven goes heavy with as much tie-in material as they can, but it's all just alternate adaptations.
>>
>>389923175
Because everything is digital nowadays and it wouldn't feel the same.
>>
>>389922669
I remember downloading an episode over the course of like 3 or 4 nights (dial-up Internet days were dark times). I still remember that feeling of disappointment to this day
>>
>>389923175
>Somewhat offtopic but why has no other series tried to do a multimedia project like .hack did?
I'm not even sure the SAO games are canon to the animu. Does CyberConnect make those games too?

Modern games don't seem like they could do that shit. It's usually shitty Facebook ARGs or companion apps. I really appreciate what the Wachowskis did with the Matrix franchise more and more as the years go by
>>
>>389923175
like FFXV?
>>
>>389924243
I guess? Except you know not garbage
>>
>open thread
>people refer to IMOQ as a "quadrilogy"
This triggers my autism. "Quadrilogy" isn't word. It's "tetralogy"
>>
Wonder how many europeans didn't bother to import and will play it for the first time. Hopefully Volume 4 will be good
>>
>>389923175
Fucking bamco tried this before with Xenosaga, it had 3 games when 6 were planned, the other 3 got canned because of how badly the games did.
Xenosaga also had an anime and I think a manga.
>>
>>389921970
>Legend of the Twilight is non-canon moé garbage.
The manga was alright, the anime ruined it
>>
File: Alkaid.jpg (352KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Alkaid.jpg
352KB, 1024x768px
I can't wait for this trilogy. I played the GU trilogy but unlike volume 1 and 2 I didn't do absolutely everything in volume 3 because ending with Atoli being mostly canon pissed me off and I was an edgy teenager. Alkaid and Shino are still miles better than Atoli though.

Anyone want to speculate what the achievements will be like? I barely remember the games since it's been so long but I hope there's some fun ones in there. I'm also wondering if all 4 games would have separate achievement lists.
>>
>>389921395
>CC2
>876
>Japanese subs

Where the fuck is Narutimate Storm?
>>
>>389925685
>the other 3 got canned because of how badly the games did.
Xenosaga did great, it was Xenosaga 2 that shat the bed for the rest of the series
>>
>>389921674
Haseo still sounds the same, really difrence is that they don't have the same CG animator so it certainly stands out more.
>>
So what's up with the GU character designs? I thought Sadamoto was more reserved than the likes of Nomura
>>
>>389926967
kek good one
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aFqjEuicUY
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.