[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did y'all think about this game? Tried it out as my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

What did y'all think about this game?
Tried it out as my first infamous since it's "free" this month, and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Is it worth it to go back to the previous entries in the series?
>>
I'd say it has funner gameplay than the first two games but everything else falls kind of flat

The first two are definitely worth playing, the jump from 1 to 2 is a huge improvement so 1 might feel a little rough around the edges but if you stick with it it'll be a fun ride
>>
>>389917354
The main character is voiced by Troy Baker and that reflects the rest of the game.
>>
Definitely the worst Infamous game, with a shitty story, but not bad.
>>
>>389917354

It is worth playing Infamous 2 at the very least. That game was a blast. Infamous 1 was also pretty good but nowhere near as good as infamous 2.
>>
Yes, I'd say SS is the worst of the 3, though it's not really bad. Infamous 2 is far and away the best one but you should play 1 first because 2's story follows right off from it.
>>
It's decent. I think the protagonist wasn't as shitty as everybody here memed about. He started out kind of eh but as the game went on he got a lot more likeable. Powers are tons of fun in this though.
>>
>>389917354
I liked it, not as much as the others though. Also I'm mad I can't get Cole's jacket.
>>
Second Son is so fucking short, you barely even see Fetch and Eugene. I think I spent longer on that fucking ARG sidemission than the main story.
>>
2 > 1 > Second Son

haven't played First Light
>>
Honest question that's semi related to the subject matter:
What's the best superhero RPG out there? I wanna play the New Vegas/VTMB of superhero games
>>
>>389917354
Absolutely go back and play Cole's games.
>>
>>389920428
New South Park game
>>
File: 20170109215856.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170109215856.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
You can get to the prison island without smoke dude's help
>>
Plays better than the original games and looks better, but the original games had far more interesting stories and did the karma stuff better too.
>>
>>389917354
The only Infamous game I didn't finish.
2 > 1 > SS
>>
Bland as fuck game. Took all of the personality from the first two games and sapped it.
>>
File: Its_Baker.png (183KB, 640x444px) Image search: [Google]
Its_Baker.png
183KB, 640x444px
>>389918046
A bit ambiguous
>>
>>389917354

Gameplay is an improvement. Everything flows a lot smoother. But that's where it ends.

Combat is dull due to a lack of enemy types. You'll fight the same enemy types over and over again. There's no variety in powers that you fall e off. The new powers you get aren't really that interesting compared to the moves you got with ice/fire in Infamous 2. City design is worse. There's not really a decent scale if verticality like the first Infamous and horizontally, it's pretty barren too so it doesn't even match Infamous 2 in that sense. The Space Needle was disappointing because it was a one time climb and you're not allowed to access it ever again. A lot of areas feel cramped and empty. The third island is rushed as fuck and it shows. Nothing but copy pasted mega structures. Story wise, it's a let down. They ditched the comic book inspiration in favor of a cinematic approach so you don't get shit like Alden's Junk Tower anymore or Trash Monsters. Since there's no opposing factions, you don't even get to participate in intergang warfare. Characters outside of Reggie aren't interesting and Delsin is kind of dull compared to Cole.

It's alright, but I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I would recommend that first 2 far more than this dull Chinese knock off. Because that's what it feels like.
>>
>>389917354
Main character fucking sucked.
He's 23 years old and he's acting like a teenager
>>
>>389922203
To be fair, humans don't stop development until around 25.
>>
>>389921936
Bland? Generic?
>>
1 is real hard to play, but it was good for it's time and had a neat concept about superheroism. 2 improved on pretty much every aspect, gameplay, graphics, story, everything. It's still the best infamous game, and probably one of the best third person action games period. SS looks fantastic, but the powers aren't as fun, and feel very same. It really felt like they should've stuck with smoke and neon instead of trying to force the video game power, making it feel like such an afterthought, and the other powers feel so underdeveloped. Definitely try 2, and enjoy SS for what it is. If you really want more, find a bargain for 1, it's not worth much to play anymore.
>>
File: 1500182538020.gif (2MB, 244x147px) Image search: [Google]
1500182538020.gif
2MB, 244x147px
>>389922357
It just felt really weird because he's acting like some suburban meddling youth when he grew up on a Indian Reservation.
The story and the motivations felt really cheap when it's boils down to "Young Brave must venture into whiteman's world to save his tribe"
>>
>>389922403
I wouldn't describe Saints Row as either
>>
>>389922641
White people have always treated Indians with transparency and fairness, so that's totally ridiculous.
>>
File: ColePreBlast.png (42KB, 200x97px) Image search: [Google]
ColePreBlast.png
42KB, 200x97px
>>389922139

Couple more things.

Storywise, it's a pretty shitty follow up to InFamous 2. Cole's sacrifice was supposed to end all conduits and rid of the virus, but the Conduits came back. It wouldn't surprise me if they decide to bring it back but now Delsin will end it once and for all. It's also fucking awful now no one really gives a shit about Cole. He's just briefly mentioned in some bonus missions. At first I thought the government managed to artificially create Conduits, which is why they were coming back, but nope "LOL! THEY'RE JUST BACK OKAY!"

>>389918187

I agree that he wasn't as shitty as /v/ made him out to be. I remember when the game was announced, everyone was just calling him Donte 2.0. Delsin was certainly nowhere near as shitty as Donte. He wasn't an edgy piece of shit (unless you played the evil route I guess) like Donte. He was far more light hearted than people gave him credit for. But that being said, he wasn't good either. He lacked the personality that Cole had. I know Cole was a piece of shit in InFamous 1 at the beginning, but as the game progressed, so did Cole, regardless of the route you took. Canon wise, he became the hero Empire City needed despite his own reluctance and the city fearing him at the start.

Delsin never really goes through that change. He's pretty much the same from the start all the way until Reggie dies, and honestly I didn't feel the emotional impact it took on Delsin. I hated that Reggie died, he was a cool dude, but I honestly didn't feel they properly demonstrated Delsin's grief either.

The good and evil choices in Second Son are also laughable. They're literally "BUY ICE CREAM, OR KICK PUPPY!?" tier, and they really don't tie to Delsin's journey to villain or hero all that well. Infamous executed that a lot better.
>>
File: Zeke_VS_Cole.png (35KB, 200x109px) Image search: [Google]
Zeke_VS_Cole.png
35KB, 200x109px
>>
>>389922139
I just unlocked the third set of powers and I agree with you. This game gets boring after the neon powers and the d.u.p enemies are dull as fuck. The only reason why this game was well received scores was sorely for the graphics and it was an early ps4 game back when the generation was hungry for new games to play.
>>
What the FUCK has Sucker Punch been doing since First Light
>>
>>389923084
Sly Cooper show?
>>
>>389917354
This game is really awful compared to the previous two games. Fire powers were a mistake.
>>
File: Z2umHs3.jpg (66KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Z2umHs3.jpg
66KB, 720x540px
>>389917354
>What did y'all think about this game?

video games are for people who aren't this

have fun with your PSN trophies~
>>
>>389923339
But the second game had fire powers.
>>
>>389917354
it was alright but compared to 2 it fucking dropped the ball
the side "missions" and story were both particularly offensive
>>
>>389923396
Have fun working out obsessively? I don't know what kind of response you were baiting for. People that work out like this usually have shitty paying jobs and they spend all their free time doing this so it's hardly any different than someone playing video games. Especially since they most likely use supplements and could get kidney stones, organ failure and have heart attacks just as easily as a fat man.
>>
>>389923762
well i'm a skinny girl so i wouldn't know kiddo

btw i'm going to have sex with him and not you
>>
>>389917354
It had the coolest gameplay no doubt. Switching powers was dope
>>
I downloaded it due to free PS+ thingy.

I'm glad I never bought this game. It's fucking awful.
>>
>>389923339
Delsin's first power was Smoke

>>389923592
Nix's power was Napalm
>>
>>389917354
I love the first one the most, it's a little rough but i like it for the same reason i like Dead Space 1, less polish but more substance
Infamous 2 was also great, i think it was a very good sequel and a very good ending to the story, the gameplay was a lot smoother this time and the scale of the story got bigger, so it really gave you a superhero vibe that you were fighting against some evil monstrosity or a supervillain vibe if you sided with it.
Infamous Blood Festival was really good fanservice, it was kind of dumb but it was a lot of fun, it's just a really good sidequest.
Infamous SS is pretty weak, again, the gameplay got an upgrade but with no good story and even just variety in enemies and missions and places to go it felt really underwhelming, even if all those powers were awesome.
Infamous First Light was boring and felt more like a tech demo and an overall downgrade from SS.

captcha: sich jesus
>>
>>389923762
mate, he's on roids. different story. people who take legal supplements and work hard to achieve goals are nothing but disciplined.
>>
>>389917354
>Jump through hoops solving the paper/origami bitch's tasks
>Don't even get the power
>Final power you unlock is concrete
>You unlock in the final act of the game and even then it's a garbage power
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.