[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do gaming mice actually make you better at shooters or are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 43

File: 26-153-220-Z01.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
26-153-220-Z01.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
Do gaming mice actually make you better at shooters or are they just a meme?
>>
>>389911752
Depends.

FPS games that benefit from lower mouse sensitivities and very fast mouse movements are where gaming mice really come in. Usually people playing Counterstrike and Quake or UT are in this category.

Lower sensitivity gives better control and accuracy for small movements, so you compensate by moving the mouse faster for large movements. Shitty mice won't be able to keep up with fast movements and will not track properly.
>>
yes and no
yes a good one will definitely make you more consistent but it will by no means make you better, its only you that can make yourself better at online shooters
>>
>>389911752
Yes, its a meme
But RGB lights did make me better at shooters
>>
It's nice to have a mouse that fits comfortably in your hand. But nothing will help as much as solid determination and a low spec prebuilt that can hardly run the game.
>>
the short answer is yes you can gain a mechanical advantage by having a better mouse with more buttons/better laser.

The long answer is most pro's use a very low dpi setting 400 to the max i think being around 1300 (this is for cs;go pros).

so you look at an old mouse like the microsoft inteli 1.0-3.x one of the first cheap mass produced laser mice and its still as effective as a modern day mouse because it has 400 dpi and is reliable comfortable ect...

The truth is the market has been cornered now by overpriced crap meant to be sold to idiot consumers. I'm kinda sad microsoft stop selling good mice they really kept these trash $100+ fisher price grade toys from ever being able to enter the market. but its 2017 and this is the reality of the situation.

Most "gaming mice" are shit.

Logitech is abit better then razer in terms of durability. neither of them are that great, theres maybe 3-4 mices i can think of off the top of my head worth actually buying (you gotta be an enthusiast gamer to make the purcahse worth it imo.)
>>
>>389911752
No, it's just a meme.
>>
>>389911963
>Shitty mice won't be able to keep up with fast movements and will not track properly
I don't think that happens so much now. Sure, some $3 mice are just garbage, but you don't have to spend that much on a mouse to have reliable movement anymore.
>>
>>389911752
It's all about finding the right configuration for your hand-eye coordination. Any mouse will do for casual play (don't) but mice that offer configurations and settings will always be the better option.
Find the one that makes you fast but feels comfortable and stick with it.
>>
File: three puppies.jpg (612KB, 1791x2048px) Image search: [Google]
three puppies.jpg
612KB, 1791x2048px
>>389911752
Yes.

I have such a shitty mouse. It moves in a grid format and headshots are literally impossible and I only get them by chance.

up side: I have wicked sniping skills now.
>>
>>389912169
>laser

ewwww
>still meming the intellimouse
>>
>>389912564

thanks for the (you)?
>>
>>389912271
Other than the WMO, I've never used an office mouse that could keep up with me while playing quake, and I use a fairly moderate sensitivity and am not even that fast compared to many people.

Obviously I haven't bought a brand new office mouse for a couple years now, but I still find it hard to believe that office mice can reliably track even 1.5m/s, while most people would consider 3m/s the bare minimum for fast gaming. Steelseries was selling the Kinzu V2 in 2011 as a gaming mouse and it wasn't even able to hit 2m/s.

At low speeds I would agree, which is why gaming mice only matter for people who need to be able to move the physical mouse quickly. When it comes to basic sensor accuracy at low speeds, IMO regular office mice have been fine for over a decade.
>>
>>389911752
They don't make you a better player, but they make gaming more comfy.
>>
>>389911752

sort of.

if what you're paying for is the sensor and buttons, general build quality, then yeah. i just got a entry level / poorfag mouse, Rival 300, and i'm coming from some fisher price piece of shit that double clicked m1, even if i pressed m3, and went into a spin-out if i moved it quickly, so kids in CSGO called me a hacker.

its better to be able to track and click 100% reliably and not worry if the sensor is about to glitch on me. i used to think it was a big meme, but i was spoiled. i could get WMO1.1a at trade price, it was like £1.50p or something. so i used those for ~15 years. but you can't just grab any office mouse these days and expect anything good to happen. research the sensors and spend a little extra for a decent optical and the right shape for you, for sure.
>>
gaming mice typically do have good builds unless you buy from razor. Razor I have no idea, but something goes wrong almost always within a year or two whereas logitech, corsair, etc people have been using them for like 5 years. Which is the only reason why I buy them and generally they're more comfortable to use for long periods. It's worth spending like $30-50 on a mouse.

Will they make you better? No, you just need to lower sensitivity typically since you have more room to precise aiming and aim with your arm rather than your wrist. It's probably better in the long run for your health and makes you better. For example friberg with CSGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRIvAYxuZfk
>>
I've been using this for some 5 years now but I'm getting tired of the weight with the battery inside. I was going to pick up either a Genius XScroll or a Dell XN966 since I've used those at school / uni and they feel so much better.

Or should I just try getting used to a new mouse? I don't want something branded to hell with gaymun crap which is why I was considering getting the ones I mentioned.
>>
I have a Razer can't remember which one, but it's got the whole numbpad on the side as well as sensitiviy toggles on top.

I love it.

Do I use all the numpad buttons? Of course not. I use maybe 2-4 in most games the only exception was WoW where I bound a few more things like druid forms and long CD stuff on the farther away buttons to clean up my UI.

My most common use is for a heal and a Dodge or roll mechanic bound on there. For fps I also have melee attack bound to the 5 which is right in the middle which is great.
>>
Any wired mouse with four buttons is good enough. A lot of people might want to go for something with adjustable weights though.
>>
>>389912169
Higher Dpi is better for RTS because you tend to screen pan a lot but at the same time you need sensitivity for when you box click
>>
Anything without much (you don't need zero) mouse acceleration is pretty acceptable IMO. Past that, you're talking like very minor improvements in performance if you could even hope to measure it at all.

Reliable switching and shit is fine, but most people who consider it an "investment" would save money just buying cheap mice and replacing them.

Only things that really help me are a couple extra buttons (not too many, crowded thumb buttons are awful for twitchy games). I used to swear by DPI shift but I use it more for general computer use than gaming.

TL/DR: get a cheap one with some extra buttons and you're probably fine. A "perfect" sensor isn't going to move you beyond pubstar status.
>>
Mouse technology stopped advancing in the late 90s.

* Is it wired?
* Does it work?
* Is it free of stupid gimmicks like hardware-based mouse smoothing?
* Does it feel comfortable to hold?

Great, you can go pro with it. Pic related, it's a $2 mouse that a bunch of pinoys used when they finished in top 8 of TI6. Their team won half a million dollars using cheap garbage, you can play in your silver nova games with whatever you want.
>>
>>389914797
Just lower the edge distance and increase the pan speed. You should never need high sensitivity for that.
>>
File: CrE4zibVMAIIVfC.jpg (117KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CrE4zibVMAIIVfC.jpg
117KB, 900x1200px
>>389915127
forgot pic
>>
>>389911752

I don't play FPSs but getting a more sensitive mouse definitely helped me in RTSs. I got the entry level basic gaming mouse from steel series (rival 100) and it was an improvement over the generic Microsoft one i was using before.
>>
File: Sabre_4-ZONE.jpg (98KB, 780x412px) Image search: [Google]
Sabre_4-ZONE.jpg
98KB, 780x412px
>>389914152
Go to a frys or someshit to try out some mice. I really recommend that you do so otherwise you might be stuck with a mouse you hate. Some are better for certain grips, how you hold the mice in general, and you might not prefer the material used on it. Most of them don't go crazy for gamers surprisingly unless your razer

I had a deathadder for like a year(wheel stopped scrolling) and it was probably one of the best shape I've used. I use this, but I fucking hate that little wing that you see on the left image. I paid $20 so I'm not that upset, but I should've just bought either corsair glaive, logitech g502, or pretty much any of the steel series mice.
>>
>>389912891
>>389912891
Idk how you think mice work, but the polling rate doesn't change based on how fast the mouse is moving. It sounds like you're just making shit up.
>>
File: rocketjumpninja.jpg (105KB, 1000x525px) Image search: [Google]
rocketjumpninja.jpg
105KB, 1000x525px
post your mouse
>>
File: microsoft-laser-mouse-3000.jpg (22KB, 550x460px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-laser-mouse-3000.jpg
22KB, 550x460px
>>389915581
this, but held together with duct tape
>>
What "gaming" accessory isn't retarded to buy?
>>
File: 71TXIRHwb7L._SL1500_.jpg (184KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71TXIRHwb7L._SL1500_.jpg
184KB, 1500x1500px
>he doesnt use this abomination
>>
They don't make you better but they might be more convenient. They have better sensors, better ergonomics and more buttons so all of those aid in being better but they don't make you better.
>>
logitech g403 seriously i have owned and using plenty of mice this is the one you want check it out tm
>>
You don't have to go hog wild and spend 150 dollars on a mouse, but a 40 dollar mouse will be worth it over a 25 dollar mouse.
>>
>>389916084
Gaming mice can be comfortable. Gaming monitors would include Freesync and G-SYNC. Gaming keyboards can be well built with cool features. Gaming motherboards can have neat RGB lights, for people that like that sort of thing.
>>
>>389915127
So you aspire to be top 8?

You're just grouped in with the first losers.
>>
File: 26-104-261-08.jpg (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
26-104-261-08.jpg
15KB, 640x480px
>>389911752
Apparently this used to be one of the best mice you could buy before the price became 200+ dollars.
>>
>>389911752
Probably not

But I would honestly kill myself if I had to use a mouse without those two buttons on the side, I just straight up can't go back from that
>>
>>389916317
garbaj
>>
I got myself a Logitech G502 and it has been one of the better mice I've had. Only used to use Razer shit before this one.
>>
just get a g502
the perfect mouse, i don't even play competitive fps games
>>
>>389916084
Besides headsets, anything you touch on the daily so your keyboard and mouse. Mechanical keyboard one of the best purchases I've made. RGB is a meme though, they're not bad, but it's pointless. I rarely change color from a seagreen or dark orange.
>>
went from a wireless trash mouse to a 30 dollar g203 and there is a noticeable difference in response time the censors are getting to a point where there isn't much difference in the ultra high end i don't care what anyone says though WIRED > WIRELESS
>>
>>389911752
Yes, You want what's called a "perfect sensor" which means it has no inbuilt acceleration, tracking issues or angle snapping which will all make you more consistent. Next you want to run at the mouses native DPI, some actual spergs say to run low DPI on everything but they are only copying pros ( the pros only use these settings because they've used them since mice only had a DPI of 400 and are used to it). Native DPI means it wont need to interpolate the tracking and once again be more accurate, a lot of mice have a native DPI of 1600-1800 DPI and a few have native DPI in any 100 step from 200-3600.
>>
>>389916751
>increase your DPI to solve a problem that is only actually a problem at high DPI

great advice anon
>>
File: 1504617425940.jpg (9KB, 236x423px) Image search: [Google]
1504617425940.jpg
9KB, 236x423px
reminder

donewmouseaccel.blogspot.de/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

windows is the devil, bill gates tries to make your mouse accelerate when you don't want it to
>>
File: rival.png (692KB, 1764x895px) Image search: [Google]
rival.png
692KB, 1764x895px
name a better mouse you can't
>>
>>389915425
What the fuck do thinking malfunction speed even means?
>>
>>389917368
I had this and liked it and the mouse wheel click stopped working

After being much upset I bought a different mouse
>>
>>389917436
oh also those silicone grips on the side will degrade.

you can see how they have like stubbles or something on there, the one i got is silky smooth where my thumb sits
reflecting on it i may have just used the mouse a lot, it lasted a good while, even made it through my NEET phase
>>
>>389917523
rival 310 is only a couple months old
>>
>>389917548
oh yeah i was wondering why it looked somewhat different from what i remembered

i had a 300, when my current one gives out i might give the 310 a try
>>
>they stopped making the g400s

why even live
>>
I will admit, when I got my hands on a "nice" mouse years ago, I liked how my hand settled on it, and it had a nice shape and weight to where it didn't feel like I was fighting with it like cheaper mice. The one mistake I made was investing in a razer cause my first good mouse was a razer as far as gaming is concerned. Shit sucks and goes out real fast.
>>
>>389916105
I just want to try one of those.
It looks so fucking uncomfortable.
>>
>>389916714
mechanical is a meme personally. I type slower with it compared to a keyboard with a lower key head like Logitech k120, and I didnt see any advantage to its use
>>
No peripherals can replace the requirement to git gud. Outside of pro level, it won't matter enough to warrant the investment.

Get a mouse that feels nice for your grip and has the buttons you want.
>>
>>389911963
>quake
>low sensitivity

wrong, redditor. hal9000, 22cm/360. locktar, 20cm/360. milton, 10cm/360.
>>
It's not about "gaming mouse" so much as it is about the sensor, poll rate, etc. Consistent mice will make you more consistent, but you will still need to git gud.

Here's a semi-outdated but still useful chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit#gid=0

If someone has an updated chart like that one, I would appreciate it.

>>389917368
Zowie FK1
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>>389915581
feels good
>>
Easiest way to tell if you have a shitty mouse with a shitty sensor is just to open up paint, swipe across it fast, then slowly drag your mouse in one direction. If the paint line jumps up and down/jitters a lot, you're fucked.
>>
>>389917952
I prefer the feel overall since I know when my key is being pressed. I don't give a shit if there is or isn't an advantage.
>>
File: 1493305817485.png (625KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493305817485.png
625KB, 900x700px
Just ordered this

Did I fuck up
>>
>>389918245
>know my key is being pressed

You know this by having general typing experience with a keyboard. I was using mechanical and non mechanical back in the day, and mechanical are just training wheels for touch typing.
>>
>>389918279
yeah. in all seriousness, return it and get a logitech; steelseries makes the worst high dollar mice in terms of quality

the side rubber part there feels like garbage btw
>>
>>389918279
Considering they have a support article on how to fix the sensor, yes. You fucked up. https://support.steelseries.com/hc/en-us/articles/225426847-I-m-having-tracking-issues-and-the-sensor-on-my-mouse-isn-t-working-properly-or-at-all-What-can-I-do-
>>
>>389918383
>get a logitech
Logitech are decent. They are reliable but they feel cheap compared to other mice. Their sensors are good at the very least.
>>
File: 1461363671143.jpg (22KB, 233x350px) Image search: [Google]
1461363671143.jpg
22KB, 233x350px
>>389911752
it's a meme.
go to target and get a wireless laptop mouse and you can not only save money, but have actual hand comfort and more desk space.
>>
>>389918279
I hope you have big hands. I use a Zowie EC1-A which fits my hand perfectly and when I tried a Rival it was noticeably bigger. I think there's a very real chance it is the biggest palm grip mouse on the market.
>>
File: image_17270.png (55KB, 637x750px) Image search: [Google]
image_17270.png
55KB, 637x750px
>>389918053
>20cm/360
Is this supposed to be high sens or something?
>>
>>389918117
Have you used the 310?
>>
>>389918279
Can't vouch for the mouse itself but what i can say is that graphic looks pretty dope and you definitely didn't fuck up getting that.
>>
>>389918053
Average pro quake player uses ~30cm/360, based on quakecon & community stat collection on ESR.

This is vastly lower than scrubs that are typically under 10 because they are on default sensitivities with high DPI.

This is why I said "lower," which is not the same thing as "low."

Of course CS players average more like 45cm/360 or lower, which is where true low sensitivity is.

Are you actually stupid enough to pretend that Quake players don't use and benefit from gaming mice?
>>
>>389917368
Any mouse that doesn't look like a spaceship.
>>
>>389918491
>They are reliable but they feel cheap compared to other mice.

no, actually, they conspicuously feel better-built than other brands of mice and probably over 80% over people would agree with that. it isn't really an argument, and logitech mice are proven to be the longest lasting of any "gaming" type mice by far, ask the legions of people here who used mx518s for a decade.

/v/ is getting so tiring lately everyone has some stupid, wrong shit to add, just to see themselves type
>>
>>389918545
To be honest I haven't, but the Zowie FK1 has done me no wrong so far. Very consistent and feels wonderful. Very barebones in terms of mice, considering to switch the DPI you need to hold down a button while plugging it in, but I never change that shit anyway.
>>
>>389917665

That's my mouse. I have my original G400 from 2013, as well as a G400s STILL IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGE that I bought once I learned they were scuttling the product.
>>
>>389915581
I use fingertip grip and this is the comfyest mouse I ever used
>>
>>389918674
I have owned several Logitech mice, the 403, 302, and 203. They are fine and consistent mice with great sensors, they just FEEL cheap. They do last a while, I'm just not a fan of how cheap they feel.
>>
File: abyssus-v2.jpg (39KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
abyssus-v2.jpg
39KB, 800x445px
>>389918926
forgot pic
>>
>>389918992
>abyssus
>not deathadder
wew lad
>>
>>389916105
>Won one of these in a competition I have no recollection of entering
>Actually a surprisingly comfortable mouse
It was ricey as shit but it did the job and that sideways scrollwheel was great for scrolling through tabs on the internet. Configuration software is aids though. It lasted like 5 years before it karked it though.
>>
>>389918668
>he cares about looks with computer mice
It looks fine anyway
>>
>>389919065
>not mamba TE

wew lad
>>
>>389919271
It's more about the shape.
>>
no, but actual controllers do. you fucking nerd
>>
>>389919309
>having to bug fix your mouse's sensor
wew
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/razer-mamba-te-jitter-freezing,31199.html
>>
>>389919423
mine doesn't do that, wew
>>
>>389911752
not necessarily gaming mice but there are objectively superiour types of mice. optical > laser for example. many mice suffer from problems such as lift off fritters or very jerky ingame movement whereas you want smooth movement in a competitive game. however ultimately in the end the player with better gamesense wins and that is why a great player could do great with any mouse
>>
File: thisisapost.png (11KB, 976x584px) Image search: [Google]
thisisapost.png
11KB, 976x584px
>>
JUST GET A FUCKING LOGITECH
>>
>>389919065
I tried my friends deathadder and it feels like shit for my grip.
>>
File: g600-gaming-mouse-images.png (81KB, 521x342px) Image search: [Google]
g600-gaming-mouse-images.png
81KB, 521x342px
Why would anyone recommend any other mouse?
>>
File: 71niGp9HYwL._SL1500_.jpg (126KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71niGp9HYwL._SL1500_.jpg
126KB, 1500x1500px
Recently got one of these.

Super awkward.

Anyone else use a vertical mouse? Does it get better? Is that somehow the point? Am I using too much wrist?
>>
File: $_35.jpg (7KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
7KB, 300x259px
>>389920150
>>
>>389920163
I got one for a family member, the point of vertical mice is for carpal tunnel syndrome, it's better on your wrists. If your wrists are fine, then it's probably not worth it.
>>
>>389911752
There's a tangible difference between a shitty mouse and a decent one, but the difference between a decent one and a high-end one is negligible unless you're into the professional scene. But then again, using a peripheral of better build quality just feels nicer.
>>
>>389920059
I had a similar thing. I bought one and it fell apart in like 2 months, apparently it was fake, but they accepted the warranty because I got it from Amazon and the new one Chroma felt much better

>>389920163
I use this for work. I should get another one for home when I'm not gaming.
Are there any switches that let you quickly swap what mouse you're using?
>>
>>389916317
stll using slightly busted version of it
good stuff
>>
>>389918352
I know how to type. I knew how to type long before I bought this mechanical keyboard. Maybe my memory is off since it's been years since I've been using it, but typing fast I can easily distinguish each key stroke.
>>
>>389920150
Because it's uncomfortable and has a shitty laser sensor.
>>
>>389920456
samefag here

How long have you been using it for work? Can you say a thing or two about what it's like?

Do I need to adapt to using it, or does it not really get better? (it's been three days)

Plenty of places that sell those, google USB manual switch box, I found one for ten dollars.
>>
File: logitechg700.jpg (31KB, 720x370px) Image search: [Google]
logitechg700.jpg
31KB, 720x370px
>there will never be such a perfect gaming mouse like this again
>>
File: sensei.png (59KB, 1050x600px) Image search: [Google]
sensei.png
59KB, 1050x600px
>>389915581
say what you want but i find this shit really comfy
>>
File: logitechg500.jpg (20KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
logitechg500.jpg
20KB, 350x350px
>no other wired gaming mouse will ever be this perfect
>>
>>389920682
>How long have you been using it for work? Can you say a thing or two about what it's like?
I got a cheap 12$ one off amazon
Been using it for like a year?
A bunch of other people had them and my wrist started to hurt, so I got one myself
I haven't had any wrist issues at work since I got it. I also make my keyboard lean back, so the front is higher than the back.
I adapted pretty quickly. Only thing I needed to really adapt was how I hit the scroll wheel (I kept pushing down instead of in) and the sensitivity since it was a new mouse. I'd say two weeks like most new mice.

I recommend them if you're not going to be gaming for long.
I sit around programming a lot some days, so it's a nice plus.
>>
what are the best current mice that are on the heavier side? I don't like the really light ones or huge ones because I use a claw grip with just my fingers
also fuck ambidextrous cancer mice or ones with too many useless buttons and functions

my g9x will eventually die completely so I need to take note of good replacements
>>
>>389921097
Miss it so much. Wish it had a perfect sensor because I'd still be using it. Fucking G502 is awfully designed and has a shit scroll wheel but the sensor is too good.
>>
File: 26-104-577-07.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
26-104-577-07.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
>tfw my left click broke
G403 here I come. Looking forward to a responsive wireless mouse (hopefully).
>>
>>389921259
Just be aware, the G403 is a lot skinnier than the MX518. When I was trying to find a new mouse, I kept running into mouse that were much skinnier than the surprisingly wide MX518.
>>
>>389921259
>wireless shit
>ever
>>
File: explosive story poster.png (695KB, 580x859px) Image search: [Google]
explosive story poster.png
695KB, 580x859px
>>389921161
We may have the same mouse.

I don't really do any gaming, do dev work about 10+ hours a day, most of my mouse work is clicking in web browsers while searching.

I just think I might be using it incorrectly? I squeeze pretty hard with my thumb whenever I want good accuracy and end up sortof emulating an ordinary mouse.

Is this the proper form?

I just don't have good accuracy with using my entire arm to move it. It's a pain for example to click on the translate button on translate.google.com .

I've never had an extended period of adaptation to new mice, but then again I've never bought an unusual mouse before.
>>
>>389921408
I'm sure It'd take some getting used to no matter what mouse I ended up buying since there aren't a whole lot of mice with a similar design to the G400, but thanks for the heads up.

>>389921445
Pretty sure it comes with an optional wire in case the wireless doesn't live up to the hype/acclaim.
>>
>>389921558
doesn't take much to trigger you does it?
>>
Yeah I got some Logitech mouse on sale which was highly recommended and it's changed my game up completely. I can notice the better sensor accuracy in the newer mouse vs my old Microsoft one. It also feels so much more comfy in the hand. Logitech g403 or something
>>
>>389920456
Can't you just keep both plugged in?
>>
>>389921864
I don't wanna move my mouse around when I accidently knock one around.
>>
File: 1363359433957.jpg (15KB, 200x315px) Image search: [Google]
1363359433957.jpg
15KB, 200x315px
>bought a EC2-A
>the 800 DPI preset LED is pink and you can't change it
>>
File: CK2_Mod_The_Continent_v0_3a.jpg (403KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
CK2_Mod_The_Continent_v0_3a.jpg
403KB, 1366x768px
>>389921691
>trigger
eh?

>10+ hours a day
>got it three days ago
I used it for probably thirty hours before saying anything to anyone, did you read my posts senpai?
>>
>>389921925
Your mouse is telling you to become 400dpi masterrace.
>>
>>389922016
Browsing the internet with 400 DPI is a workout, DPI doesn't matter anyway because your sensitivity depends on in-game settings. Though I wish I could switch to the blue 1600 DPI preset and convert my current sens, at least then I wouldn't have a fuckin pink mouse
>>
File: 1490671311242.png (161KB, 422x357px) Image search: [Google]
1490671311242.png
161KB, 422x357px
>>389911752
It's all marketing. All the streamers and pros rocking this trash get it for free so their 12-year-old fans will run out and buy it thinking it will make them 1337 as fuck.
>>
>>389922182
leave the closet already.
>>
>>389922219
and then there's this guy who can't even afford anything but thrown out office mice from the trash
>>
>>389920150
>buttons in the place of a thumb grip
>laser sensor
>braided cable
>tilt mouse wheel
>ring finger rest

I'm not sure you could get more casual if you tried.
>>
>>389922182
Oh yeah for sure. I think I have mine on 1600 for anything that's not an FPS.

And speaking of sensitivity conversion, I really wish there was driver software that would let you convert the sensitivity settings you have in one game to sensitivity settings in another game. Going between, like, 5 different FPS games all with slightly different sensitivities is weird as fuck sometimes. I've seen something online claiming to do that, but they charge money, and I've never heard of anything like that working.
>>
File: 1478313979764.png (118KB, 297x413px) Image search: [Google]
1478313979764.png
118KB, 297x413px
>>389922315
t. 12-year-old
>>
>>389912271
You would be surprised how bad generic Microsoft mice are at tracking. I couldn't play *Skyrim* with one because the tracking would jump and any movement would be incredibly jittery.
>>
>>389922398
don't reply to me, hobo
>>
>>389922359
use raw mouse input where available in the game
>>
>>389922219
I mean, it does make a difference to an extent in some types of games, but it's not like having slightly better hardware will make shit players suddenly better.
>>
>>389922359
>I've seen something online claiming to do that
My friend pays for it and it works for him, what I do is I set my 360 to be the width of my QCK mousepad which is a comfortable sensitivity for me and use that as a guideline for all FPS games I play.
>>
>>389912169
i miss the original/real razor mice. my first one lasted almost 10 years of regular use and it only broke because i accidentally knocked it off my desk and onto a hardwood floor.
>>
>>389922526
Oh nice. Maybe I'll try it out when I get some spare cash. And that's a good idea you had. Would try it out if my mousepad wasn't an MTG playmat.
>>
File: LL.jpg (30KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
30KB, 500x295px
>>389921259
Don't get a G403 to replace a G400. The shapes are nothing alike, and the QC is trash.
The G403 also has a fatal flaw in that the sensor is angled incorrectly, causing horizontal lines to go diagonally when held naturally.
Logitech's response to this was basically "you're all holding it wrong."

Roccat Kone is the closest you're going to find to that shape with a good sensor.
Otherwise, the new Rival 310 is more suited to that grip style as well, but without the grooves.

Basically, anything but the G403 until they remember how to make mice again.
Revel, DM1, EC2-A, etc.
>>
>>389918053
Compared to most people, that's low.
>>
>>389922795
I can get used to the shape. Wish I'd read or heard about the sensor issue before I ordered it though (should be here tomorrow), but that's my own fault for not doing enough research. We'll see what happens I guess, but thanks for the warning.
>>
Any lefties using their mouse with dominant hand? What mouse do you use? I've got this one after seeing rocketjumpninja review, It has switchable side panels so you can leave left side flat and have thumb buttons on the right side. Could be a little bigger though, I needed to get used to it. Before it I just used ambidextrous ones and honestly I can't imagine having thumb buttons on the left side right now, It's so comfy on the right.
>>
File: ec1-a-white-top.png (309KB, 1260x840px) Image search: [Google]
ec1-a-white-top.png
309KB, 1260x840px
I fell into the gaymen meme and bought a Zowie ec1-a

not sure if good

currently using steelseries rival 300 and it's kinda uncomfortable, even though I have big hands.
>>
How does a trackball compare? Probably less carpal tunnel, at least
>>
>>389923046
It doesn't. Fingertip trackballs are like anti-gayman. Thumb trackballs aren't as bad. The thumb is actually pretty dexterous but it doesn't compare to all the muscles in your fingers, wrist, elbow, shoulder, etc working in unison like with a regular mouse.
>>
>>389922998
You can get used to it, but you'll most likely be swiping diagonally for a while until you adjust.

I replaced a G400 a while ago with a G403, and while I was able to adjust my grip, my ring finger was a bit uncomfortable and horizontal lines never felt fully natural.

I got a Rival after trying one at a LAN center and the release of the 310 and everything felt right again instantly. The alignment is dead on for the way I grip it.

I see a ton of people going from the G400 to the G403 as I did, so I figure I should give people a heads up.
>>
>>389923024
Shape is solid, but not all that different from the Rival.

If Zowie could be bothered to add a tiny middle mouse button and throw a 3360 in there I may have taken a closer look at them.
I just hate clicking in mouse wheels.
>>
>>389923417
I do appreciate it. If I end up hating the 403 and getting diagonal swipes for weeks on end, I'll pick up a Rival 310 instead and dump the 403 off on a friend or something.
>>
>>389916317

This is the mouse I currently have, been using it for over 7 years, no issues, why is it suddenly $200?
>>
>>389912325
is there more
>>
>>389911752
Depends on how bad your current one is. If it's really fucking trash then you'll probably improve a lot with any mouse that has a half-decent sensor, but there are pro players that have been great with laser mice that have relatively fuck-tons of input lag. It doesn't make you better, it just means you have less holding you back. An average player with a perfect setup will still get crushed by a pro using a wireless office mouse, apple earbuds, and with a stack of books as a chair.
>>
>>389923764
>7 years, no issues
You answered your own question.

I'm using a Logitech M510 and had another Logitech before that. Twelve years, two mice.
>>
Going from my old g9x to pretty any non fucked optical was a major deal. From okay optical to perfect and amazing god tier sensors? Honestly shape becomes way bigger of a deal at that point.

That and if there are any deal breakers like a lift off distance that is too high for you or a sensor spinning out because it cant handle your low sens high speed flicks.

In this day and age with a ton of mice with god tier sensors shape and weight>everything else
>>
>>389922219
I have a box of 5-10$ mice that I bought and have gone through multiple of them.
Cheap mice fall apart quickly.

My 12$ vertical has lasted me at work luckily (probably because it's used less aggressively + luck), and my $40-60 deathadder chroma has lasted me at home.

Buy a real mouse, it's worth it.
Now, if you want bullshit, mechanical keyboards. I like mine, but I don't think it's anything that special. Maybe the performance is, but the softcap ones are softer on the fingers.
>>
>>389923952

Actually its because of the scarcity, Logitech don't produce them anymore and its the last Logitech mouse designed for a claw grip.
>>
Having two buttons on the left and two buttons on the right feels so FUCKING GOOD after you get used to them
>>
>>389922795
>The G403 also has a fatal flaw in that the sensor is angled incorrectly, causing horizontal lines to go diagonally when held naturally.

hahah no not really
>>
>>389924623

People don't buy mechanical keyboards because they preform better, it's because they feel better. Obviously subjective but that's the point.
>>
>>389924778
actually, response time, keystrike length, tactile feedback, and number of keys you can input without the keys being missed are all things people consider. Mech keyboards are like sneakerheads
>>
I've gotten a deathadder 2013, whats a good DPI setting to keep it at? I mostly just browse shit and play dota/fps games occasionally. It's sitting on 2300 right now
>>
>>389912169
Nice reddit spacing
>>
>>389922321
Try 16 hotkeys under thumb and 16 more with ring finger + thumb keys
>>
File: 1390062774943.png (107KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
1390062774943.png
107KB, 200x210px
>>389911752
Back in the day, gaming mice were premium quality enthusiast stuff taking only like 5% of the market. These days even people who never play games usually own a gaming mouse, because those occupy like half of the market. Asking a question like that almost screams that someone was in coma for the last decade.
>>
>>389920932
I have this, but in black.
It's the best mouse I've ever used. Purely a no bullshit, simply designed and nice feeling mouse. Feels great for my hand and it has lasted all these years.
>>
side buttons and dpi can be handy, other than that not really.
>>
pro tip: get a palm grip mouse
you will never be as consistent with a claw/fingertip mouse as with a palm grip mouse
>>
>>389925554

Why would you need more than 800 anyways? Are you an alien? This is the same as frequency in audio.
>>
>>389925554
Leave it at 2300. DPI is entirely up to personal preference.

>>389926109
DPI comes down to whatever is comfortable for you to use. You can adjust in-game sensitivity so that 400 DPI and 3000 DPI have the exact same sensitivity, and higher DPI is better if you move the mouse a lot like in strategy games.
>>
>>389925656
it's called "using whitespaces to make text clearer and easier to read" you prole who never used e-mails in office job.
>>
File: mouz.png (16KB, 270x250px) Image search: [Google]
mouz.png
16KB, 270x250px
>>389915581
Never had an issue with this
>>
>>389926741
Logitech m100
>>
File: 71qKP44j97L._SY355_.jpg (14KB, 350x355px) Image search: [Google]
71qKP44j97L._SY355_.jpg
14KB, 350x355px
best $20 i've ever spent
>>
>>389918528

>tfw you have an EC1-A and it still feels small

I like it though, it's a nice mouse. My only complaint is that it comes with the cord tied up. After using it for a few months it still has kinks in it that won't straighten out.

>>389918648

I mean, everything is relative.

It's pretty high compared to most people who play shooters seriously. I run 18-19cm in pretty much every game.

It's absolutely essential to get that low in games like Dirty Bomb where you ADADA at mach speed and can twitch around fast enough to dodge bullets.

Quake is fast, but movement is more fluid.
>>
>>389915361
>deathadder for like a year(wheel stopped scrolling)

shit overpriced hardware
>>
I like using gaming mice with the 1-12 buttons in MMOs but thats about it.
>>
>>389920932
One of the best mice I've ever used shit's simple as fuck.

The new version they made has a better sensor and feels almost identical.
>>
File: wmo2.png (64KB, 406x311px) Image search: [Google]
wmo2.png
64KB, 406x311px
This thing just doesn't break. No other mouse lasted me this long.
>>
Can someone explain me what's the point of of sensitivity beyone 800 dpi?
Not necessary for games only.
>>
>>389931431
It's a big number you can advertise.
>>
>>389931525
I feel so.
But really, what the point of 4000 dpi?
>>
>>389927751
It really surprises me how many people I've seen say the EC1 was too big for them. I feel like I have average sized hands and I wouldn't mind if it was a little bigger, but even at its current size it is by far my most favorite mouse of all time. The EC2 on the other hand, I'm not so fond of. Someone local to me was selling one on craigslist for half the retail price and I figured I'd pick it up just as a backup, because comparing them online the size difference didn't seem that big. It's actually a huge difference, though, the EC2 is way too small for my hands.

The only other mouse I've tried that came close to the EC1 was one of the modern Razer mice. It wasn't the Deathadder but it was also a palm grip mouse. I loved the size, shape and texture of it but I didn't realize how mushy other switches feel after being so accustomed to Zowie's. It's like comparing mechanical keyboards to rubberdomes, with Zowie being the former and Razer/Logitech/Steelseries being the latter.
>>
File: abyss-mirror.jpg (9KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
abyss-mirror.jpg
9KB, 500x337px
Been using it for 2 years, still looks new and performance is as good as a deathadder.
>>
File: Roccat Kone XTD.jpg (191KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Roccat Kone XTD.jpg
191KB, 3000x1688px
>>389915581
>>
>>389912127
>a low spec prebuilt that can hardly run the game
Oh shit man, to this day I remember upgrading to Radeon 4870 from some 2002 schmuck and playing CoD4 with my friends
>>
>>389912169
You can easily just get these chink mice for 20€, they sometimes use the same high quality sensors as the expensive stuff. A bit of a red flag though, friend bought one, Bloody brand, and it came with some recoil control software/totally not hax. The mouse by itself is nice though, if I were to replace my G400s, I would consider it.
>>
File: 26-197-148-07.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
26-197-148-07.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>389915581
Coming for a MX518, it's alright but I think that the unlocked wheel is kind of gimmicky.
>>
>>389926741
This, but not really. I bent the cable on my G400 so I salvaged it from this. It's a shit mouse for anything but browsing 4chin.
>>
>>389925750
Try playing anything other than world of warcraft and you'll notice that the mouse is absolutely shit at being a mouse instead of being a keyboard extension.
>>
>>389923697
>>389923417
>>389922998
Just wanted to let you know, I had the exact same issue, turns out it's a software issue in the Logitech thing. All you have to do is to create a new surface profile and do the calibration thing and suddenly it just werks. I dunno what Logitech was memeing about, it's obviously their default "Logitech gaymen cloth surface" profile that's at fault.
>>
>>389911752
absolute meme

t. owner of that shit mouse
>>
What are some good mice I should look into getting? My current one is dying so I need to get a new one soon.
>>
What's a good mouse with a hard plastic scroll wheel? I have a G502, I think the scroll is copper and I hate it.
>>
File: g102.png (30KB, 521x342px) Image search: [Google]
g102.png
30KB, 521x342px
Just ordered one of these.
>>
File: g500.jpg (677KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
g500.jpg
677KB, 800x1067px
>>389921097
my nigga
>>
File: 1503996165789.png (547KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
1503996165789.png
547KB, 900x635px
>>389911752
Definitely helps you in MMO games
>>
>>389915581
Got a BenQ Zowie FK2 and a Razer Naga
>>
File: 1500295696590.jpg (91KB, 680x559px) Image search: [Google]
1500295696590.jpg
91KB, 680x559px
>tfw your frankenmouse is coming along quite nice
>>
I've been using a 403 for a few days now to replace my dying g500s.

I'm not entirely satisfied, something doesn't feel right, It's probably the lighter weight and smaller size, I might return it for a 502.
>>
No idea about gaming mice, but switching to wireless one felt amazing.
>>
Using the Logitech g400, best mouse hands down
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.