[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All right, I'm going to do a speed run of this game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: mpv-shot0006.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0006.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
>All right, I'm going to do a speed run of this game.
>Okay, first I phase through the wall here skip 3/4 of the game
>Okay now I'm at the final boss.
>I save and then exit the game while tilting the cartridge at a 45 degree angle.
>This glitches out the graphics, skipping me to the ending
>and... time
>6 minutes, 40 seconds. A new speed run record!
>>
Nice roleplay session, OP.
>>
>>389909325
This is why anything other than 100% speedruns is stupid.
>>
>>389909325
I'd like to see you try you filthy casual
>>
File: 1502490621666.jpg (258KB, 658x501px) Image search: [Google]
1502490621666.jpg
258KB, 658x501px
>>389909325
This is the most frustrating shit.
>>
>>389909325
God i wish i could give upvotes on this site
>>
>>389909325
If that's not what you're looking for you probably don't actually like speedruns.
Perhaps letsplays done by competent players would be more your speed.
I think some people from Somethingawful still do that kind of thing.
>>
>>389909325
Can you name one game where this is a thing, you pedantic autist?
>>
>>389909927
""""frame perfect"""""
>>
>>389910250
Pokemon if it's Any% is literally just fucking around on the pc for 3 minutes to warp into the room that Oak congratulates you for beating Blue. Super Mario World Any% is similar.

tl;dr Any% in most games is stupid.
>>
>>389909325
>6-8 hours
>speedrun
>>
>All right, I'm going to call OP a faggot

>>389909690
Even with glitchless 100% runs, speedrunning is almost always a case of avoiding everything interesting.
Only the few runners who do actually challenging shit are fun to watch, and those moments are few and far between in a run of mostly boring travel, dead air or "safe strats".
>>
>>389910562
That's why no one runs that category, that's called Save Corruption. Serious runners run the any% no save corruption category where you use the cooltrainer glitch to beat the game in about 15-20 minutes, and then there's any% glitchless where you run through the entire game, and the only major sequence break is skipping Celadon game corner by using Poke Doll, which still results in a 2 hour run.
>>
is there such thing as a fun run where you try to abuse every glitch possible and try to impress a series of judges?
>>
File: fat paz.jpg (103KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
fat paz.jpg
103KB, 640x960px
>>389909325
>Push the absolute limits of the game to it's maximum to beat a game as quickly as possible.
>Your only goal is to literally LITERALLY beat the game as QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.
>You aren't pretending like there is any other goal, no fucking around. You have no limits to achieve this goal and you can do anything possible to do it.
>Randoms on /v/ still fucking find a way to bitch about this.

I thought you faggots would like something like Speedrunning, but no. You somehow find a way to bitch about it as well.
>>
>>389910302
>frame perfect
>game runs at 15fps
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.