[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are not good games. They have horribly streamlined level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 18

File: 1495329994806.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1495329994806.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
These are not good games.

They have horribly streamlined level design because the region is small, doesn't have enough aptitude for exploration and there are no puzzles.

They have an awful story because it is poorly paced and constantly stops the player to spoonfed them dialogue from characters that talk without saying anything of substance or interest. Somehow, in spite of their relatively immense screentime, the character development (of which there is very little anyway) feels forced and unnatural.

They introduced new features that are mostly either bad or useless (E.G Plaza, Poke Finder, Battle Royal, Island Trials). They do not offer enough longevity via postgame content as is reasonably expected and desired from Pokémon games.

The only good things about them are the graphical improvements, the implementation of Hyper Training (even if the execution of that is rather poor) and the removal of HM moves. However these positives are measly and don't weight much.
>>
I got to the second island and stopped playing. What a fucking travesty this game is. I've never had to give up on a Pokémon game before.

Why did they advertise Aloan forms so much if there are only like 20 of them? Why are there FUCKING UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES IN MODERN GAMING?
>>
File: 1495375574690.png (317KB, 1078x455px) Image search: [Google]
1495375574690.png
317KB, 1078x455px
Do you have to make bait threads to get responses on /v/? Like, would people actually pay attention to this thread if the OP was something like "These games are shit and you're shit if you like them" with a pic like this instead of something substantial?
>>
>removal of HM moves
Picked up.
>>
>>389901838

Still better than Gen 6
>>
>>389901838
>implying removing HM moves was bad
that's one of the few things they did right. They even kept the good HM moves and just made them TM moves instead.
>>
>Removal of HM's

That's not a negative fuckboi
People won't take your negatives seriously if you don't acknowledge the good shit the games did
>>
>>389906172
>>389906272
Try reading the post next time. Removal of HMs is listed as a positive.
>>
File: Junichi_Masuda.png (243KB, 269x395px) Image search: [Google]
Junichi_Masuda.png
243KB, 269x395px
>>389901838
>They do not offer enough longevity via postgame content as is reasonably expected and desired from Pokémon games.

But Anon, online battling is the postgame. :^)
>>
>>389906028
This

It makes it 10/10
>>
File: saying stupid shit.gif (1024KB, 242x227px) Image search: [Google]
saying stupid shit.gif
1024KB, 242x227px
>>389901838
>when someone is defending HM's around you
>>
>>389906356
sorry that I don't read blog posts all the way and just skim them
>>
>>389903305
>Why did they advertise Aloan forms so much if there are only like 20 of them?
When you consider the amount of new pokemon added by the games, 20 is actually a decent number. S/M only adds pokemon #722 - #802 to the dex, so 20 Alolan forms is actually 1/4th the amount of new pokemon that were added to the game. Alolans are probably one of the few things about the game that for the most part is all-around good. It's a much better way to make certain old pokemon relevant than the abomination that was mega stones. Only like 1 or 2 Alolans are really worse off than their original counterparts. So all in all it's a good batch.
>>
>>389903305
Gamefreak thinks they can tell a story, when the story is the last thing most people play Pokemon for. Most people play the games just to go on an adventure with six critters they like and slap some people up and become champion of the region.
>>
Unbann me
>>
>>389906608
>sorry that I'm illiterate
Dumb ESL's.
>>
File: thumbnail_58349.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_58349.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
>all these people who's only good things they can think of when they think about this game was removing HMs.
>when the rest of the game is complete, unfinished garbage.
Not even /vp/ is this delusional.
>>
>>389901838
>>389901838
agreed. also, festival plaza was garbage compared to the PSS from gen 6
>>
>make Ultra Beasts that look like actual characters in the game
>it is all a coincidence and UBs are literally Pokemon from the Shadow Realm
>>
>>389901838
You made a uselessly long post to rant about an incredibly uncontroversial point. It's not even bait or shitposting, it's just sad.
>>
The game that made me outgrow Pokemon. I had never not Completed a Pokemon game before SM.
>>
>make a region based on france because japs love to go on vacation there
>the region is a tourist's view of the place, a glorified theme park ride with no feeling of adventure

>make a region based on hawaii because japs love to go on vacation there
>the region is a tourist's view of the place, a glorified theme park ride with no feeling of adventure
>>
>>389906621
>alolan forms are good
Next you'll say Megas are good. They're just GF's way of lazily abiding having to actually expand on previous Pokédexes (e.g. by actually making evos/pre-evos of older mons as DP did).
>>
>>389907431
>abiding
avoiding*
>>
>>389901838
..........and when it first came out /v/ didn't agree with this at all. Since it came after such immense failures they ignored the glaring flaws until people stopped discussing it.

Soon I see this happening with Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>389907431
Alola forms and megas are a way better approach than making shitty new evos you fucking faggot.
>>
>>389907431
alola forms aren't as terrible as MegaEvos dud
>>
File: 1478742842339.png (315KB, 487x361px) Image search: [Google]
1478742842339.png
315KB, 487x361px
>>389906926
>unfinished
of course it's unfinished. That's what third versions are for. It's been that way since the beginning. Third versions are always the definitive experience while the originals are just the foundation. At least they're actually completing it this time. XY remained unfinished. Game Freak has always been incompetent and it's baffling how they're responsible for such a big franchise
>>
Do you think X and Y were better, OP?

Somehow I have hope that USUM will be decent, like Platinum and B/W 2, but I will most likely regret saying this before the games even come out
>>
>>389906926
>when the rest of the game is complete, unfinished
So which is it?
>>
>>389901838
They're not my favorite games but I was pretty surprised at how many out of the way areas there are that you can explore. If you just go from one story point to another you can miss quite a bit of unique areas.
>>
>>389907691
Kill yourself.

>>389907705
I don't disagree, but they are both trash. Give me actual new mons.
>>
>>389908026
>thinks yellow is the definitive experience
>>
File: 250px-Crystal_Onix.png (121KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Crystal_Onix.png
121KB, 250x273px
>>389907431
>implying regional variants don't make complete sense
even the anime did it during the Orange Islands arc
>tfw no Crystal Onix form in game
>>
>>389908051
Yes, X and Y were definitely better. Although the writing was just as bad, the narrative itself was at least less prominent and didn't interrupt the player so much. The level design is marginally better thanks to places like Winding Woods, Frost Cavern and Reflection Cave among a few others, and the games actually having a Victory Road and proper evil team hideout.

I also really like the style feature in Lumiose, it's similar to the reputation that quite a few other games use. Mega evolution is okay, not a huge deal but definitely better than Z-moves.

Overall if I had to sum up X and Y in one word that would be underwhelming. For Sun and Moon it would be disasterous.
>>
>>389908336
Okay fine. It's been that way since gen 2. Considering Gen 1 took half a decade to make, it's the lone exception.
>>
>>389908426
so what's the type of crystal onyx? Ice?
>>
File: Cabalos.png (177KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cabalos.png
177KB, 650x500px
My unpopular opinion is that I like Alola forms and I wish every Pokemon had a bunch of available alterations like how they did things in Monster Rancher.

If they just added three or four extra palette swaps per Pokemon that were more common than shinies and called them "Exotic Breeds" or something I'd be pretty happy.
>>
>>389908525
Ice/Rock or Ice/Ground
>>
>tfw I liked gen 6 and I like gen 7 so far outside of the massive amount of Pokemon available early on
>>
>>389908235
Nice counter argument you cunt. You really proved youre totally not a retarded shitposter.
>id rather have the pokedex crowded by pointless cross generational evolutions instead of only brand new lines
It baffles me how someone can be such an enormous cocksucking gaylord.
>>
>>389908521
I can agree with that.
>>
>>389908336
It is though. Yellow is better than red/blue in nearly every way. The only reason youd think otherwise is if you were a contrarian twat which you seem to be.
>>
>>389908776
>worrying about the Pokedex being 'crowded' when it's nearing 1000 characters already
literally who cares
>>
>make mega evolutions
>drop them in the next generation
>add region dependent pokémon and moves
I've been feeling like Pokémon is getting too gimmicky. There are too many items that are given to you as presents just because they were important in previous games, like the ones that boost legendaries or change forms. I wonder if they'll do the same with the crystals in the next generation.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (43KB, 800x259px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
43KB, 800x259px
>>389908026
>Unfinished games are good
Blow me. Black and white, Ruby and Sapphire, Gold and Silver were all complete.
>>
>>389909442
>no postgame
>finished

Fuck off
>>
>>389906028
HM moves not being forgettable never made any sense at all. If they could be used infinitely, then why fucking bother with that?
>>
>>389909663
>BW
>Had kyurem and unlocked areas on the map.
I'll give you Ruby and Sapphire though.
>Silver and Gold
>Had Kanto and Mt.Silver.
Alright piss stain, your move.
>>
>>389909663
Crystal literally only added the Suicune quest and a battle tower.
>>
File: 1505070059093.jpg (9KB, 212x203px) Image search: [Google]
1505070059093.jpg
9KB, 212x203px
>>389908336
>improved sprites
>slightly more challenging
>adds anime elements to the game to make it less shallow
It is the definitive experience, at least for gen 1. Gen 1 really isn't that good and loved because of nostalgia. You have no argument other then "b-but all the kids on the playground played red and blue"
>>
I wonder if there's ever been a SINGLE generation of Pokemon where there was a unanimous consensus that the Pokémon weren't trash?

Ever since gen 1, people have complained about Pokemon looking like shit. The voltorbs and sludge monsters. Garbage bags and pinecones. Keys. And if not giving Inanimate object life, there were just down right ugly or useless Pokemon.

So with that said, which gen had the best overall Pokemon across all 7 gens. Excluding legandaries and ultra beasts.
>>
>>389909978
It updated a ton of sprites and gave them animations for the first time, added music for the legendary dogs, added the first female player character, updated where some pokemon could be found like sneasel in ice path instead of mt silver for example, improved many barebones things like the dragons den and ice path. Crystal improved on quite a bit.
>>
>>389910519
Probably Gen 5.
Even it's worst Pokemon, the ice cream, is at least more creative and aesthetically pleasing than Grimer or Voltorb or Diglett.
>>
File: asdf.png (113KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
113KB, 300x225px
I don't see how you can take a fast, convenient, incredible multiplayer system, and downgrade it back with stilted, generated player dialogue and obtuse, confusing plaza shops.
>>
>>389909925
You can make the same shitty argument for SM
>>
>>389910519
Gen 1 easily is the best overall and has lots of quintessential designs, though obviously it isn't void of a select few stinkers.
>>
>>389911618
You're right, and it'd still be garbage because the main game is awful, waifu centered piss. The trails were just awful wanna be Gyms, z-moves have no application online, and 98% of alolan's dex has no speed. Not to mention the lack of a national dex, empty lots, and just boring islands. USUM isn't going to be a much better game.
>>
File: f.png (1MB, 888x626px) Image search: [Google]
f.png
1MB, 888x626px
What is this, a mobile game?
>>
>>389906487
What does it feel like to be illiterate?
>>
>>389910341
The definitive experience would include Stadium, which has challenging enemy teams and AI and shits on the randomly generated battle tower garbage in its place from Crystal onward.
>>389911551
GameFreak does its best to avoid retaining enhancements from previous games (that aren't combat-related) to avoid gens losing "uniqueness", whatever the fuck that means.
>>
>>389911991
I'm responding to the post saying BW or RS are "complete games." You can fuck off, Barneyfag.
>>
File: olB0hX5.gif (962KB, 245x213px) Image search: [Google]
olB0hX5.gif
962KB, 245x213px
>>389913102
Don't care, game is garbage. Who is Barneyfag anyway? They buzzword it over in /vp/ too just because some people can't handle criticism.
>>
File: Yellow and Red.png (668KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow and Red.png
668KB, 700x800px
>trainers now show up in battles
>at the cost of destroying Double Battle framerates and killing Triples, Hordes and Rotations entirely
>trainer customization makes a return, and allows you to customize colors
>actual clothing variety is removed, base colors are region locked, and getting shades requires extensive work at Festival Plaza. Riding gear covers up any clothes you have.
>Hyper Training finally solves the issue of IVs
>Pokemon must reach Level 100 before using it, despite the official metagame promoting Level 50s
>PSS gets axed
>Super Training gets axed
>Amie minigames axed
>Dexnav and Buzznav axed, despite the latter being a fully realized Record Mixing, a feature that wasn't just Hoenn exclusive
>bicycle axed
>as standard for Pokemon games, tutors are axed and saved for the next games in the same gen, just so you shell more money
I honestly feel like I'm too negative when I talk about Pokemon lately. Even BW2, which /v/ and /vp/ obsess over, was just okay to me. Maybe it's a sign that I should just move on to another series.
>>
SO what's new in Ultra sun and Moon?
>>
>>389913701
Nothing worth mentioning.
>>
>>389910519
>unanimous consensus
the Pokemon fanbase is like the Sonic fanbase in that they can never be fully satisfied and you'll always get people who disagree and hate things for the sake of hating them. As much as /vp/ hates to admit it gen 1 has the most consistent designs just for how iconic they are.
>>
>>389913365
Some guy who hates SM because you're not allowed to hate the games on /vp/. Just like how you can't post May without a "fuck off Scott"
>>
>>389913578
Don't forget level 100 being harder to reach than ever, all the good grinding options being removed.
>>
>>389913365
>Don't care, game is garbage
This is what makes Barneyfag. You're not even following the conversation, you're just frothing at the mouth at whatever shit you're autistically mad about. Fuck off, no one cares.
>>
>>389901838
Go back to /vp/ weeaboos.
>>
>>389906709
Yes thank you for posting this. Nobody asked for a fucking mundane story in Pokemon. These games are for toddlers who can barely read. They want to go out and catch cute monsters, not mash A over and over to get out of a cutscene.

Also the original games told a story just fine through it's characters, NPCs, and world. What happened to smart stuff like that?
>>
File: 1504067087766.jpg (15KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1504067087766.jpg
15KB, 255x255px
>>389913578
>Hyper Training finally solves the issue of IVs
>Pokemon must reach Level 100 before using it, despite the official metagame promoting Level 50s
this is what killed Sun and Moon for me. "Hey we're going to introduce bottle caps and make them LV 100 exclusive in the games that don't have trainer rematches, O-powers, or Blissey secret bases" thanks for making it incredibly tedious and not worth it. No wonder injecting Pokemon is more prominent than ever. This shit isn't fun Game Freak.
>>
File: 242.png (326KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
242.png
326KB, 600x632px
>>389914410
>Being this mad
>Has no argument outside ad hominem.
>>
>>389913102
BW is complete though. It is the only game with a direct sequel.
>>
>>389901838
Literally nintendo's fifa.
>>
>>389914571
Gmaefreak's reasoning is that kids these days have a bunch of things they could be doing so if something is hard or isn't spoonfed to them then they'll drop the game and do something else.

But who the fuck cares? These kids have shelled out money (or parent's money) for a 3DS and a 40 dollar 3DS game. At that point they're probably more invested in it than a goddamn mobile game.
>>
>>389914796
>projecting your anger
>having no argument except "I don't like thing" but presenting it as objective quality
>>
>>389914939
BW2 is a slightly modified remake. The story elements don't change its function. BW does not stand on its own as a complete game on the same merits that SM doesn't.
>>
File: Tommy_Wiseau_in_The_Room.jpg (85KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Tommy_Wiseau_in_The_Room.jpg
85KB, 970x545px
>>389915568
Among many criticisms I listed, several weren't objective. Why are you defending this game anyway? What did you think about it?
>>
>>389916083
I'm attacking the double standards. It's not a complete game but neither are many third versions. Your insistence that the remake will be "just as bad" when you have literally no way to substantiate this just proves you're not arguing from any rational place but out of rage and egotism.
>>
>>389916276
first versions*
>>
>>389910593
I was talking about post-game. I still hate it for removing the Mareep line.
>>
>>389916276
How is it double standard? I have huge issues with these games that weren't present in the games I listed. (At least mostly.) I still stand by the fact Gold and silver, as well as Black and White, were more complete games than Sun and Moon. Yes I am angry, because GF is trying to get away with lazy design choices, not because I'm entitled to the game I want. I feel like you just want to argue just for the sake of arguing at this point, but another part of me hopes this isn't the case. At any rate, you still haven't told me your feeling about sun and moon.
>>
I liked Sun and Moon.
I'll admit, it went ina different direction than I'd hoped, but also was quite a lot different than I expected, which was a good thing. Pokemon had developed a stale formula generation after generation, and their attempts to freshen it up with Mega Evolves and half-assed "cutesy" Pokemon felt disgusting and lackluster to me. The different take on gyms was actually very refreshing, but the general ease/babying of the game made them too easy. The forced dialogues were also too long and crappy, and I hope that they'll introduce a skip button for the lame story cutscenes. Also, the main villains were lame.

That all being said, I really liked that the HMs aren't required, I liked the islands (much more than circular cities). I enjoyed the optional mini quests, and loved the general battle menu layout. I enjoyed some of the music (not all) and I really liked that when you caught a Pokemon, you are immediately given the option of taking it, leaving it, and seeing its stats.

Overall I felt that it was a bit lacking because of the lack of reason to check out Poni island aside from UB missions, and I absolutely hated the locked end game scene, but I think that these things are extremely easily fixed (and hopefully will be), and that Pokemon is heading in a good, fresh direction. There may be plenty of reasons to hate the game (although I didn't because it gave me what I wanted: Pokemon and some sense of adventure), but there are also plenty of reasons to be excited about the direction (because most of the problems are easily fixed with little to no work on their part aside from the Poni Island exploration thing).
>>
>>389917019
>lack of reason to check out Poni island aside from UB missions
You shouldn't need a reason to want to explore anything beyond exploring it for the sake of exploration.
>>
I think the main problem with SM is that all of its features are either random, require waiting or both. This was always a problem with Pokémon (specially with breeding) but never to this extent since you almost always had a way to overcome that or at least an alternative solution, but now in SM getting FP is random, buying certain clothes is random, the battle buffet is only once a day unless you leave, wanna get a bottle cap? Good luck with that, hell even the champion is random now.
All this uncertainty makes SM a chore to play after completion.
>>
>>389909282
New pokemon are good
when you actually look at a picture of all pokemon, their aren't that many
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.