[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pic related any good? I'm in the mood for an FPS right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 376645-doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
376645-doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
Pic related any good?

I'm in the mood for an FPS right about now but honestly outside of the original DOOM and some multiplayer ones like TF2 and Overwatch they've never really been something I've gotten too deep into.
>>
File: Blood_logo.jpg (18KB, 291x350px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_logo.jpg
18KB, 291x350px
>>389900096
Yeah it's great for what it is. When it's good it's REALLY GOOD. If you haven't played pic related do so as well. It's IMO the best single player FPS of all time
>>
>>389900096
the new doom is complete dogshit, don't waste your time on it.
>>
>>389901613
What makes you say that?
>>
D44M is probably the best fps since modern warfare. Play it, it's quite good.
But if you're in cod mood, try titanfall 2. Sp campaign is short as fuck but fun. Mp is ded tho
>>
just started nu-doom. Are the secrets accessible on the first go or do I need double jumps or something?
>>
D44M is the best fps of this gen after wolfenstein new order so far, nothing comes close, maybe titanfall 2 but it was so short, well mp games suck anyway so only campaigns count
>>
>>389901881
I didn't play it but /v/ told me it's good so it must be bad
>>
It's great. Some of the most intense moment-to-moment combat of this generation. You're running and dodging all the time, it's fucking fun.

You might be a bit disappointed if you were expecting them to literally make DOOM 2 again, but why the fuck would you? The glory kills take like half a second and are a risk/reward mechanic that the combat is balanced around. I never found it sluggish or intrusive.

>>389902015
I don't think you can go back with all of your equipment, although I might be wrong. I wouldn't worry about the secrets too much on your first playthrough, anyway - it's the one aspect of the game that I wasn't as much of a fan of, because there's a lot of arbitrary points of no return in the later levels.
>>
>>389901881
shit movement
shit balancing of weapons and enemies
shit levels
everything that actually matters is fucking bad
can't criticize it or the the fucking retard defence force will jump right down your throat
>>389902101
try again
>>
>>389902858
Fuck You
>>
File: 1500012165453.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500012165453.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>389902858
enjoy your (You), don't spend it all at once now
>>
>>389902858
>shit movement
The movement is great. It's fast and precise, which is exactly what DOOM 3 was lacking.
>shit balancing of weapons and enemies
The enemies were just fine, but I have to agree with the weapons. I only ended up using like 3 of them tops until the endgame.
>shit levels
Too much walking around and not enough killing, I agree. The levels were beautiful, though.
>everything that actually matters is fucking bad
Elaborate.
>can't criticize it or the the fucking retard defence force will jump right down your throat
Not the game's fault.

Overall I'd say the game is a step in the right direction. Your shitflinging is unjustified.
>>
It is a sweet game, pretty solid at it. Could amp the difficulty in the first go around though and not limit to you to three (UV seems mid difficulty out of those three js)
>>
>>389900229
Does a decent sourceport exist for this
>>
>>389902858
I don't think you have actually played it.
>>
>>389900096
It's kinda fun but gets repetetive really fast. You basically do nothing but walk a controlled, more or less straight path until you arrive at an "arena". After you enter all exits are closed and small(!!!) waves of monster will spawn one after another. Once all are dead the exits open again and you walk to the next arena with only token amount of enemies in between. That is basically the majority of the levels and it honestly gets boring after a while. There is little story but what little there is, well it's a matter of taste. I'm personally not that big of a fan of the whole 'doom slayer' stuff, others like it.
>>
>>389904546
NOPE
>>
>>389902360
You can actually replay every level with all your equipment. can somethimes be fun to go to earlier levels with weapons that o nly appear later in the game and stuff.
>>
I have mixed feelings. On one hand the shooting part is enjoyable and the atmosphere is great but the game also has a ton of weird design quirks I disliked so much that I dropped it after my first playthrough.

There were not enough enemies. There's a limit to how many can be alive at the same time and reinforcements only spawn when you kill something. From a Doom game I expect rooms filled with tons of dangerous dudes and the sheer panic of having to deal with them.
The weapon upgrade system is lackluster. Weapons are either good because they're versatile or bad because they are too situational. Upgrading changes nothing and most fire modes aren't ever useful.
The perk system forces annoying playstyles, most of them ruining the pace of the game.
The melee finishers and glowing enemies feel clunky and out of place. There's too much automation/lockon in it and the animation is not fast enough to not be a death sentence in many situations as you shouldn't stop moving.
The hardest difficulty is necessary for the proper ending but to play on that difficulty you have to play through the game first. Considering I never wanted to play it again after the first playthrough I wish I had gotten the option to do it on the hardest one right away.

If you really like first person shooters then you should definitely play it at some point but if you expect DOOM to win you over for the genre it's not good enough of a game. I personally had more fun with Battlefield1 and Shadow Warrior 2, despite both of them being incredibly flawed, make of that what you will.
>>
>>389901613
>>389902858

I bet you think Dark Souls 2 and oblivion are the best in their respective series too.
>>
>>389900096
Yes. It's very fun. It's biggest problem is that it goes on way too long though.

Doom>DoomII>DOOM>Doom3
>>
After recently playing through both back-to-back, I have to say Doom 2016 beats the hell out of Doom 3

There are a few "modern" flourishes in Doom 2016 like close-range glory kills that heal your HP a bit[/spoilers] and upgradeable weapons that make it a bit less "Doomy" in the eyes of some people, but on the whole it does a great job of capturing the classic Doom action of dancing and dodging in movement-oriented combat around swarms of enemies that are actually threatening while Doom 3 has consistently had some of the most boring and bland firefights I've ever played

The game also has some incredible attention to detail if you're playing it on a decently powerful graphics card, I know it's a minor thing but I'm consistently impressed when I walk past a light source and I see how good the reflection of that light coming off the weapon I'm holding looks
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.