[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How in the fuck do I get good at this game? I thought this was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: logo_sfv.png (15KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
logo_sfv.png
15KB, 300x232px
How in the fuck do I get good at this game?

I thought this was supposed to be casual friendly
>>
It is, relatively.
>>
it's called practice, find a friend to play with or you'll get discouraged easily like I did at first.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk
>>
>>389899656
Im strugglin too anon,do use actual combos?Cuz I find it hard to pull of sometimes,the cancels
>>
>>389901797
>>389900002
Will get you to plat easy
>>
>>389899656
just play laura
>>
>>389899656
>falling for the "it's casual friendly" meme
it's the most competitive fighting game in the world. practice for hundreds or thousands of hours if you want to get gud or get fucked up and complain on /v/eddit about it.
>>
>>389899656
learn footsies
muscle memory inputs so its second nature
stop jumping
anti air more
>>
Medium punch. Literally most characters main footsie/combo tool. Use your v-reversals every round, if you aren't good enough to guarantee yourself situations to use your vtrigger spend it on guaranteed v-reversals
>>
>>389899656
Just rushdown the opponent and do your character's braindead combo. You're never going to get to a level of competition where this won't work.
>>
Do what I do. Just play against the CPU at a difficulty level that is challenging but not impossible.
>>
>>389899656
>How in the fuck do I get good at this game?

what do you consider "good" ? tournament level play?

anway, you get good by doing two things: learning, and practicing.
first you learn what to do, then you learn how to do it (in training mode), then you practice doing it in matches.

you start by doing this with really simple stuff like
>do a special move
>cancel a normal into a special move
>link two normals
>do a regular combo
>do a jump in combo
>anti air a jumping opponent
>punish a blocked sweep with your own sweep
>punish a blocked DP with your crush counter combo

take it one at a time, and you will quickly see results.
when you can do all that reliably in a match, you can learn more advanced stuff.
>do a basic light confirm
>do a combo that incorporates your v-trigger activation
>do a combo that ends in your super
and a billion other things that you can learn.

and dont listen to retards like this >>389903326
playing the CPU is braindead and useless, and doesnt help you get better at all.
>>
>>389899656
dont do what i did for years and fall for the training mode meme

Jump into training mode, learn some basic ass BnB's - a combo from a medium hit, a combo from a low, a combo from a high, and a crush counter combo

Then get your ass into ranked. Play 500 games, play 500 more. Fighting games are (generally) honest as fuck in that you just play and play and play and you eventually get good.

For actual newbie tips though - number one enemy is panic/cruise control play. Where you start getting hit and mash, or you dont think and uppercut on wakeup because it FEELS good too. Always stay calm and think

Block more. Even if it's not a defensive game, playing more defensively will actually give you time to learn what the other characters do, and you can see what strings your opponent likes to use and what can and cant be punished

When picking up a character, don't worry too much about fancy combos, just learn their good buttons. I haven't played SFV in quite a while now, but for Karin i remember - Standing MK was a great poke, her MP buttons were amazing for pressure and her sweep was great. You can seriously win entire matches just through buttons and some basic ass confirms. (I.E MP - MP - Special)

Personally those first 500 matches i talked about i didn't even try to win. I just set myself little challenges. I'm gonna block a ton this game and only counter attack. I'm gonna try and win with just normal buttons this game, i'm gonna try and land X amount of throws this game. etc. Idk if this is optimal but it forced me out of my greedy mindset of - 'i learnt this super cool high damage combo in training mode and i'm going to spend the entire game getting my ass beat trying to land it'

Oh and for a quick tip, absolutely nobody in SFV seems to counter tick throws any more. Seriously, if you can get people to block, just jab, jab, grab. Works every time

That's all i got
>>
>>389899656
"casual friendly" means it only takes 9000 hours to get decent instead of 10000
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.