[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this is considered by most people the best fighting game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: tekken7.jpg (135KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tekken7.jpg
135KB, 720x1080px
>this is considered by most people the best fighting game in the market
>all you do is mash buttons and hope to hit the opponent before he hits you
>unlike more mainstream action games there's no excitement to be had, ever
>the "skill" involved in it seems to be mostly luck based
>1vs1 so it's boring as hell compared to your usual teamwork based game like Overwatch

no wonder this genre is dying when this is the best it has to offer, s m h
>>
> anon gets shit pushed in online
> Comes crying on /v/

- thread
>>
>>389895285
>>all you do is mash buttons and hope to hit the opponent before he hits you

You can say the same thing about any game
>>
>>389895285
Here's a cool little trick, it will blow your mind.
Pause the game and go into the moves list, BAM.
>>
>>389895285
>no wonder this genre is dying
DBF alone will outsell almost every single game next year. Keep trying.
>>
>>389895285
While i dont deny that the fg genre is dwindling. I do think, however, that you or anyone who says or feels this way. Lack the fundamental knowledge required to play them. Dont blame the games. Blame yourself, scrub. A quick google search can teach the basics of fgs. After that, its up to you to decide whether or not you have metal in you to actually get good at an actually hard game for a change.
>>
>>389895285
>No wonder the genre is dying
>Doesn't take into account how literally SNK came back from thevdead while Bamco and ArcSys are out for Capcom's throat
>Doesnt realize how fighting game devs and fans are more active now than they've ever been for the past 10 years.
Wew lad stick to your casuals shooters and MOBAs
>>
>>389896363
It won't outsell God of War or RDR2 that's for sure.
>>
File: 1493632297008.jpg (42KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493632297008.jpg
42KB, 400x600px
>>389895285
>considered by most people the best fighting game in the market
Tekken is shit when it comes fighting games. It is perhaps the most simple fighting game out there and as such it has a wide casual audience who glorify the game, on /v/ as well. It is more or less Neutrals: The Game without any other dimensions in its gameplay.

Your fault for believing Tekken crubs and buying the game, though. Try the latest Guilty Gear instead.
>>
>>389896928
It's ALMOST as if I added the word ALMOST to my previous post, to indicate exactly what you are pointing out so cleverly right now. Retard.
>>
File: 1428779965309.jpg (111KB, 768x758px) Image search: [Google]
1428779965309.jpg
111KB, 768x758px
>some butthurt anon makes a thread about a game that critically triggered him in hopes that people will believe his lies

pls, everybody that plays fighting games on /v/ has already made up their minds on all them already
>>
(you)
>>
It's needlessly complex. Before I even learn how to play the game at all I need to sit in training mode for hours working my muscle memory just to even move correctly with backdash cancels
>>
File: c57.png (358KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
c57.png
358KB, 600x736px
>>389895285
>all you do is mash buttons and hope to hit the opponent before he hits you
Isn't it every fighting game?
>>
>>389895776
fpbp
>>
>ywn be Lowhigh
>ywn troll the most legendary players online
>ywn be able to sit in crouch block, and stand on reaction to mids, like some kind of genetic fucking freak
>>
>>389897048
>Tekken
>It is perhaps the most simple fighting game out there

Quality Scrub quote right here
>>
>>389897048
>Comparing 2d fighters to 3d fighters
>>
>>389897903
Fantasy Strike is not out yet pal.

Even Smash has more depth than Scrubben.
>>
>>389897048
>Its the most simple fighting game because it has alot of players
does /v/ not get tired of shitposts
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
>yet james "fgc since day 0" chen stuck in blue rank

literally the hardest game on the market - therefore the best game ever

king mate atheists
>>
>>389895285
Tekken, like all other fgs, is hard as shit online. Thing is, Tekken is way harder.
If you are interested in this game and dont want to play it just because its what the kewl kidz pley, then do the following:
Disregard hard characters at first: kazuya, lee, jack etc are characters that you will simply not do good with until you learn most other characters.
Learn spacing and movement.
Learn your counters: claudios hopkick too tough? Kings grabbing you by the negative frame? Play as them and against them in practice mode.
Learn frame data.
Focus on 2 or 3 characters for fun.

Recommended starting characters: claudio, xiaoyu (inb4 SHE IS HARD retard gets in here) and Paul.
Dont spam but dont feel bad to spam when you can go for it.

Do you want to go through the months or even years of training to become a yellow rank (and then go even beyond?)?
No? Then gtfo.
Yes? Look up niga.

TL;DR: Game is hard as shit
>>
File: 1502922486776.webm (2MB, 640x332px) Image search: [Google]
1502922486776.webm
2MB, 640x332px
>>389897903
>>389898069
>>389898693
>it has a wide casual audience who glorify the game, on /v/ as well
>>
>>389899681
>Shitter green rank eats moves cuz he doesn't know how to punish and is obviously mashing

This proves your point how?
>>
>>389900649
>saying words without knowing what you're saying
The Hwoarang is doing a pretty classic wall pressure as Hwoarang. He whiffs his jab that he tried to follow into a flamingo stance, not because the Paul avoided it on purpose with his backsway, easily seen that he whiffs it as well, and tries it twice in a row. Hwoarang can't punish deathfist unless he sidewalk whiffs it.

What rank are you?
>>
Are people really replying to bait? or is it just samefagging?

Because this might be one of the lowest quality baits in months
>>
>>389901216
t. angry Tekken player who can't actually play any real fighting games
>>
>>389901072
https://youtu.be/7IkRj5R1Wew?t=93

Tell me more.
>>
In any fighting game you spam projectiles to win.
Its always been like that.
>>
>>389901072
>>389901476
The rang is also just trying to mash out his offense, hence "obvious mashing", and even gets up into a dash in a pauls face. He tries to punish something you can't punish with a jab and gets boded then gets up and runs straight at him.
>>
>>389901072
holy hell watch any real match and youll see that people are constantly backdashing, this dude ate a move and immediately went back in and tried to attack (which is why he took even more counter damage)

you went through all those mental gymnastics to find some reason to call the game shit, and probably quit and dont even play. enjoy being trash at literally every fighting game ever
>>
The game is dead on PS4 because of the shitty matchmaking.

Before the updates we had an opponent list. Problem was that it wouldn't connect half the time. Now we have to wait 5 minutes to find an opponent and it doesn't work half the time.

That's not a fix. That's hiding a problem. Yes I mad. I mad that I wasted money on broken matchmaking. I have less trouble finding opponents on fucking ultra street fighter II.
>>
>>389896476
>the fighting game genre is perfect. It's everybody else who needs to change.
>>
>>389895285
People have shit taste.

There will NEVER EVER be another fighter like Soul Calibur 2.
>>
>>389896363
Only idiots are buying DBF
>>
>>389903845
>Only idiots are buying the most promising fighter game after the same shit titles with the same shit formula

wew
>>
>>389895776
This
>>
tekken is way easier online than 2d, what the fuck are you guys smoking. bunch of those games don't even have buffer and expect you to do frame perfect reversals, any lag destroys my will to play. tekken has huge buffer, 10i jabs, and mashable combos.
>>
>>389903917
>promising fighting game

It's trash. You idiots see some pretty graphics and DBZ and cream your pants.
>>
>>389896363
you are absolutely retarded if you think dbz will beat capeshit 2 in sales
>>
>>389895285
Play a Mishima online and come back.
>>
File: 1436498467223.jpg (29KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
1436498467223.jpg
29KB, 300x339px
The OP is right but not because of the reasons he listed. Tekken 7 is quite possibly one of the most disappointing Tekken games in the series

>less content than 7
>cut content from Arcades is being sold as DLC
>story mode is pants on head retarded and has more plot holes than the Thieves Guild questline from Skyrim
>stories for characters whose last names aren't Mishima are complete shit

t. Tekken player since the first game

>s-single player content doesn't matter
People who say this are fucking retarded and seem to forget how fighting games became popular on consoles when there was no online to begin with, (ie, the 90s)
>>
>>389904302
*less content than Tekken 2

Fuck I can't type today
>>
Its popular because newbies can get by vs com and other noobs button mashing but try that shit against someone who knows what they are doing and you won't last long. Its a high skill ceiling with a low point of entry.
>>
>>389904302
>People who say this are fucking retarded and seem to forget how fighting games became popular on consoles when there was no online to begin with, (ie, the 90s)

That's why titles like Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 3 and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 remain as undisputed best fighting EXPERIENCES in console gaming due to the sheer amount of content and posibilities they offered.
>>
File: tekkuck vs VF 2.webm (3MB, 512x576px) Image search: [Google]
tekkuck vs VF 2.webm
3MB, 512x576px
>>389895285

tekkuck is one of the worst fighting games ever made, since it's a casual mashing fest and not designed for competition the autistic fans memorize pages of framedata to try and punish the completely safe high damage juggles that are antithetical to any good fighting game.

they legit memorize the framedata for hundreds of moves of each character, it's so autistic and gay

there was a game similar to tekken that actually took skill and iq, and wasn't just spamming hellsweeps, kbd, and other lame shit and pretending it was technical, it was called virtua fighter. but it was too strategic for mashy casuals, so they never bought it, however it was literally the most popular fighting game in asia for many years because asians have higher iqs than the blacks and minorities that play tekken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koATLpGBTig
>>
File: laughing elf man.jpg (126KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing elf man.jpg
126KB, 400x400px
>>389895285

Literally nobody but reddit thinks that

The shitty amount of viewers at major tournaments prove that. It's always lower than SF and Smash.
>>
>>389905486
>2 niggers dancing around until 1 lifts the other one into the air and instawins the match
Color me surprised.
>>
File: 400px-GGXRD-R2_Logo[1].png (115KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
400px-GGXRD-R2_Logo[1].png
115KB, 400x235px

nah
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.