[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Pikmin 3? So after completing 1 and 2,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
What does /v/ think of Pikmin 3?
So after completing 1 and 2, I've moved on to Pikmin 3, and I have to say this game feels weird. I don't hate it, but I had to switch to the gamepad button controls over the gamepad touchscreen one. The lock-on feature is nice but I can never seem to lock on where I want, and what's worse is unlike the gamecube ones I cannot use the cstick to delegate a mass of my current army but not all at once to grab an item or to swarm; replacing it with the charge button means I can't stop everyone from going all in, I can't control how many men crowd an item, which sucks if I have many items to get. Also it means I can't control which side of me the Pikmin run on and I can't keep them away from enemies that easily. I may not be in the game far enough to know if they give powerups for fixes for my complaints though.
Aside from those, it looks good really good, and I appreciate the return to form of surface-based levels.
>>
garbage compared to 1 and 2, only praised because of the graphics
>>
>>389886759
fpbp
>>
>>389886759
This
>>
>>389886759
Aw man. I was hoping how messy the level layouts were just me being half asleep. So it doesn't get all that much better?
Also I see they kept the "reds are better fighters" thing, but rock Pikmin seem to just fight almost everything better. Is it going to stay that way? Did purples get nerfed? I haven't gotten them yet.
>>
>>389887598
There are no purples or whites in the main game. And if you want my opinion, the game is better than 2.

Though i moslty played the game for the multiplayer and challenge modes, which is the best part of the game. I actually put 3X more time into those modes than the actualstory.
>>
1 > 3 > 2
2 is really overrated.
>>
>>389886759
Holy shit, I've never heard of a more wrong opinion
>>
>>389887751
>There are no purples or whites in the main game.
really? Wow, I feel sort of mislead. I guess that/s fine then since it would probably feel like a clusterfuck of 7 different Pikmin.
>>
slightly worse than 1 because it was too easy

2 is still the best for me
>>
>>389886669
I think it's great, but I prefer the first two games overall. The fruit limit doesn't ever feel like much of a threat and it lacks the expansive subterranean complexes of Pikmin 2. Also the writing feels flaccid, especially when it comes to item descriptions. Challenge maps are a ton of fun, though.
>>
Midly related but is Hey Pikmin similar to Kirby and is it good?
>>
>>389886669
Oh, I almost forgot to complain about the FUCKING CAMERA ANGLES IN THIS GAME! Wether it's the areas with them fixed or the inability to zoom, they really pisses me off.
>>
>>389888039
They are in the challenge mode, but purps have been nerfed so that they're main purpose is carrying treasure rather than combat
>>
I really think the atmosphere in 1 was top notch. The haunting or urgent melodies that would play in the over world were amazing, and the environments truly felt like I was in the wilderness.
The atmosphere in 2 was nice, but lacked the bleakness of the wilderness. I get that you're not stranded like in 1 and your life is in danger and all, but it was I guess more a cute sort of comfines than a peaceful wild one, if that makes sense.
Now the orchestral styling of Pikmin 3 and it's detailed environments were gorgeous, but it's like comparing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DS to 3ds: it's pretty but hella distracting. It's a lot harder to notice things because of sensory overload I get.
>>
>>389888615
no (what?)
no
>>
>>389889152
>similar to Kirby
Use unique abilities to progess through the map. Basically each pikmin is a Kirby. transformation. And how the games are geared towards kids.
>>
File: file.png (722KB, 798x477px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
722KB, 798x477px
>>389889034
pic related
>>
>>389889152
>>389888615
What the fuck do you even do in Hey Pikmin?
>>
>>389889034
>The atmosphere in 2 was nice, but lacked the bleakness of the wilderness. I get that you're not stranded like in 1 and your life is in danger and all, but it was I guess more a cute sort of comfines than a peaceful wild one, if that makes sense.
I feel like Pikmin 2 substitutes the more grounded wilderness feeling of the first game for a weirder, almost avant-garde atmosphere. The tone in the caves in particular, which are often designed to be abstract and illogical, is often plain bizarre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ikt9RJCNk
>>
>>389889794
I agree with this. You know, I suppose it's for the best considering that if they kept trying to make it feel like 1 it would probably get stale or bad.
>>
>>389886669
I played it on release and I'm convinced it was rushed to release. Staggering little content considering I paid £40 for it

I heard it got DLC and it's intended control scheme patched in a year later but I never went back to it.
>>
>>389889651
I only played the demo but it seems like you progress through a nature themed 2D mario-esque level where you have to use each pikmin's unique ability to kill enemys, break/move terrain, all while looking for 3 optional treasures in the map.
>>
I think it's a nice blend of elements from both Pikmin 1 and 2. The juice limit is the best compromise between a time limit and no time limit.
>>
>>389886669
what the fuck happened to pokemons designs
>>
>>389891437
they copied off digimon
>>
>>389886669
It ok
>>
>>389886669
Use Wiimote controls.

All 3 Pikmin games are better games with pointer controls.
>>
I like it, but having the charge command instead of c-sticking still bothers me.
>>
Too much dialogue
>>
>>389887598
The final boss is the most entertaining part of the trilogy. I like to remember Pikmin 3 for the boss and the challenge modes.
>>
>>389893812
I have to agree with this. If you had Pikmin 1 with no overworld dialog past the small chunks when a part is found, the daily reports, and Pikmin 2's pikilopedia then it'd be perfect.
>>
>>389886669
I liked it
>>
collecting treasure was more fun, and I missed reading the piklopedia.

pink pikmin made the game too easy also
>>
>>389886669
My favorite one.
>>
>>389893421
What do you mean, "it alright"?
>>
>>389886669
Too easy, but I liked it more than 2.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.