[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Isolation is fucking horrific Haven't even seen an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 16

Alien Isolation is fucking horrific

Haven't even seen an alien yet and im dying cause i know it's coming, trying to stream my horror but no viewers to talk to so im all alone, in the dark, playing this next-gen terrifying game

How do I man up lads, never seen anyone play the game and never played it myself :')
>>
File: miru.jpg (37KB, 888x568px) Image search: [Google]
miru.jpg
37KB, 888x568px
>hear noises above
>ceiling starts drooling
>>
>>389886894
More like
>Sees door open
>Shit myself because it's automatic
>>
>>389887124
Don't get hysterical anon, you haven't even reached the fun parts.
>>
I should try the VR mod again. Still not sure why it isn't as stable as the regular support for the DK2 though.
>>
>>389886357

fantastic game OP. My GOTY it came out. great atmosphere and the art style is superb.

also - post link to stream. I'll come watch you
>>
>>389886357
Never run. At all. Just disable that button. You can lure the alien to one side of the map, with alarms and decoys blaring and every doorway sealed between you, but the moment you start running you'll get jumped by it out of an air vent.
>>
>>389887938
Running is fine in certain parts of the game, just not many.
>>
Anon you're being hysterical
>>
Do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zx8xSLPaoc
>>
>>389887606
Not here to advertise buddy, Just met Axel and I love him
>>
File: xenomorph.jpg (396KB, 3125x2014px) Image search: [Google]
xenomorph.jpg
396KB, 3125x2014px
>you will never be a Xenomorph
Why even live.
>>
>>389888204
Oh come the fuck on, man. It's cool. Just delet the post right after or at least just put in your twitch name. I'll watch you
>>
>>389888395
Yolodiealone
I'll warn you that i'm quiet, I swear a lot and I will likely ruin your headset at each individual jumpscare
>>
I want to get this game but I heard the game is repetitive, is that true? is the gameplay good that repetitiveness is okay because the Gameplay is good? heard it goes on for longer than it needs to, is it true and is that bad?
for an alien fan, is it worth going through or is it a skip or watch on youtube ?
I don't want too look too much stuff for iy cause I don't want to spoil scary moments and story stuff. sorry for all the questions
>>
>>389888874
for an aliens fan, get it for sure, it's super cheap these days isn't it?
>>
I plan on playing this for the first time with the oculus mod.
>>
File: 342135625.jpg (114KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
342135625.jpg
114KB, 1366x768px
>>389886357
First hour is really good. But after you start seeing aliens pattern of movement and behaviour it just annoying and frustrating. At some point I caught myself just pushing from point A to B to another location just to progress the story. Not scared of alien or robots. It was no fun for me anymore. Uninstalled game after some 4-5h in.
>>
>>389888391
I want to fuck that ayylmao
>>
>>389888874
Not very repetitive. My only real complaint is once you get the flamethrower, a lot of the tension is lost because you have something to ward it off when it sees you. Would have been nice if it switched tactics and tried to get around you instead of just gaining a tolerance.

>>389889636
I wouldn't recommend it for the first playthough. I replayed it on the DK2 and they mess with the cutscene animations so the player isn't tilting and getting sick. Last time I tried the mod on the CV1, it had a lot of those screen shakes and tilts and I was feeling uncomfortable.

I'd play it regularly while the mod is getting good.
>>
>>389888874
For an Alien fan, the whole game is pretty great. There's only like 2 scenes that I feel drag on and one of them is a slow tedious spacewalk on the station where nothing happens at all.

The whole game is amazing though. By the time I finished, I felt exhausted but it was cathartic as hell. Despite what the haters think, the game has some amount of variety. It's not just outsmarting and evading the alien. There is combat against synthetics and an option in a certain section to go into a firefight against other humans with guns late in the game risk-free of the alien noticing.
>>
>>389886357
>that part in the beginning when you need to open the door with a device
>you sneak to the door and start opening it only to hear ayyylien nearby
>hurry the fuck up
>door open
>press shift and leg it
>not even a meter away get impaled form the back

Fuck
>>
>trying to stream my horror but no viewers to talk to so im all alone,
How about you kill yourself, you unrepentant faggot.
>>
>>389890228
I'll try it and see if I can power through it.

>>389890413
kys my man why'd you enter a thread that made you mad?
>>
File: 809.jpg (33KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
809.jpg
33KB, 640x359px
>>389886357
The ayy lmao isn't even the scary enemy
>>
>>389890915
The most annoying part is that the alien and androids give zero shits about each other. Any time they're both in the same room is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>389890059
Alien is hard to be afraid of when you just want to fuck the xenomorphs.
>>
>Open door
>Alien right in front of me
>get panic attack
>hide under nearest table
>alien slowly passes by
>thank god it didn't see me
>fucking jumps right to me under the table
>mfw when I almost threw the mouse in the air
>>
>>389891694
You see for me i'd hide under my irl desk
>>
>>389886357
Looked good on my old 360.
>>
>>389892314
It's a pretty amazing engine for it's low demand. Shame it's probably only good for small industrial environments like this.
>>
Hey guys try turning off the music entirely then play it in the dark with good headphones.

You'll thank me later.
>>
File: 1473865259555.png (9KB, 251x404px) Image search: [Google]
1473865259555.png
9KB, 251x404px
>tfw always get too spooked to play horror games

I never got far enough into Amnesia to ever actually see a monster, and I've only managed 2 hours of F.E.A.R.
Why am I such a fucking pansy? I wanna enjoy these games
>>
>>389892517
Damn if it was, the framerate only tanked when I bashed synthetics' heads in.
My friend even lent me his Alien movies BDs.
>>
>>389892783
Can't say for FEAR but something that always helps me is to boldly move through the game and practically get myself killed by the monster without fear of the consequences. After a few times, you'll get used to it. Or you can just have some dutch courage.
>>
>>389893708
Legitimately good strategy anon but it does have a consequence. It works so good that it effectively nullifies any desire to play said horror game. That's like taking the fun out of a platformer. Why bother playing anymore?
>>
>>389886357
go to the steam community page and read the guides to mod the ai files. this game is 20000000x better when you widen the "leash" that alien is on so it can pop out of place where you can't even hear it and it can stalk you properly. the default ai settings are full retard because it constricts the alien to a very small radius so you can hear it rattling around in the vents.
>>
>>389891694
>my face when when
>no face
>>
File: CRasZS5.jpg (82KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
CRasZS5.jpg
82KB, 1032x581px
>tfw love horror games
>want to play more horror games
>shock scare bullshit is the new craze

I wanted to get SOMA as it's on sale this weekend, but I need to pay rent, and real life, sadly comes first.
>>
the fucking robots scared me a lot too desu
>>
>>389893708
Yeah but that's like playing Dark Souls by running past all the enemies. You might as well not play the game.
>>
>>389894159
>new
nigger what
>>
>>389886357
I took it as a usable recommendation until I got to the streaming part when I dismissed you for being a colossal faggot
>>
>>389887221
>Don't get hysterical anon
Oh you
>>
File: Outlast2.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Outlast2.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
>>389895328

Sorry I'm still reminiscing on Silent Hill 3 and Penumbra games.

Tried to like Outlast/Outlast 2, but the quietness then "NNNNNNHHHH" loudness weren't scary after awhile.

The atmosphere was top notch though.

SOMA has me hooked though. Can't afford it.
>>
File: Outlast.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Outlast.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
>>389895571
>>
>>389886357
GOTY
GOTD
GOTC
>>
The game is only scary in your first playthrough desu. I loved it the first time, the sheer terror of "oh fuck WHEN will the alien arrive?" and the androids being creepy as fuck. And then the alien arrives and you feel that sense of "oh fuck I have to keep moving otherwise it will come and bum me".

And then you get the flamethrower. And the bolt/nail weapon thing. And then it gets reaaaaaallllly boring. And then you get to the bit with more than one alien and it gets reaaaaallly fucking frustrating.

And then you play it for a second time, and you know exactly when the alien will arrive, and when it does arrive in later sections it's more of a hindrance than anything else, and the flamethrower/bolt weapon thing are just as easy to use, and the bit with more than one alien is STILL fucking frustrating.

tl;dr - only worth one play through
>>
all this shit is pissing on Ridley Scott's grave man, this game is trash and so is the new film, just let the dead rest and stop trashing his creation.
>>
File: 1504637832022.jpg (29KB, 364x394px) Image search: [Google]
1504637832022.jpg
29KB, 364x394px
>>389886894
>Hear hissing
>Climb into a vent
>"Phew, I'm saf-
>Hear a rumbling behind you
>>
>>389896006
Any horror game is only scary the first time. Any horror anything is.
>>
>Yfw you try to dive under a table to get away from the Alien and It grabs your fucking ankle and pulls you out from under the table.

This is just one of the many reasons this was one of the few recent horror games that actually spooked me. The feeling of being hunted never leaves you never feel truly safe until you have beaten the game.
>>
>>389896006
>>389896656
>Replaying game
>Know perfectly well that the alien won't spawn until after the train arrives.
>The music and alien screams still leave me on edge.

I don't get it.
>>
>>389886357
I played on hard, and I'm causal as fuck. You just have to strike that perfect balance of sacking up and being cowardly. Don't linger in one spot for too longer, don't brazenly venture out too much. Bear in mind that you can use the environment to your advantage. Literally banging on the wall will get the alien to screamingly run toward the noise, which, oddly enough, is sometimes something you want.
>>
>>389886357
Oh, also, your first encounter with it is scripted. It's in the hospital
>>
>>389895280
>>389893860
Absolutely. To be fair, I only used that for horror games where I can't defend myself like Outlast, Amnesia and such. I tend to panic when my only option is to run. I just want more people to enjoy horror games, even pussies that can't stomach the courage to play them to the end.
>>
This game was a fucking joy for a first time play. Make sure you play on hard. I remember legitimately taking about three hours to get through the Medical Center with my balls sucked into my stomach because I had no idea how the AI operated.
>>
>>389896656
Oh I absolutely agree with you. I'm really not a fan of the genre, especially in video games. Films are fine, because decent horror films can still have a good enough story that they're still entertaining, but with horror games the story almost always feels like an after-thought, like it comes second to the horror.

Which is fine, I get that. But it means like you said, the game is only scary the first time round. Games where there's a high focus on story, like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, they're fine, you can still enjoy multiple playthroughs. Or horror games where gameplay matters, like Dead Space (I'm guessing anyway, haven't actually played it yet).

But shit like Alien: Isolation, or Amnesia, are only fun because they rely heavily on you being scared. And sure, like >>389896950 said, the music, or general atmosphere, can still be scary. But, for me, I just find if the game is too linear (which A:I really is) then, once you know what's coming, no amount of atmopshere can make it as terrifying as the first playthrough. Again though, I'm not a big fan of the horror genre generally, in case that wasn't obvious
>>
Do you guys remember people thinking the save system was an oversight by the developers, and not absolutely intentional?
>>
>>389896282
Fuck you and fuck Ridley Scott. He's a been a fucking hack for years and while you can make an argument for 2 as a good action movie, the entire franchise should have been a one and done, because you are never topping that original.
>>
>>389896569
This legit made me scream. I thought being in the vents was safe and then the alien snuck up on me and killed me in one
>>
File: 1480011867769.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1480011867769.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>find room full of humans just trying to survive
>throw noisemaker
>mfw
>>
>>389897359
Nope.
>>
>>389896282
>Ridley Scott's grave
He's alive and directed the new film.
>>
>>389897869
Not funny like yours, but I always enjoyed getting hostile humans to shoot at me.
>>
>>389886357
Xeno is so hot desu
>>
File: poster.jpg (3MB, 4000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
3MB, 4000x6000px
Any tips for nightmare mode?
>>
>>389896282
Fox wants to reboot the alien franchise after that last piece of shit he pushed out.
nostalgia fag BTFO
>>
>>389898056
Cool, good talk
>>
>>389898396
Don't go near the xenomorph
>>
>>389896006
Yeah. All of that disappears in nightmare mode. The flamethrower becomes as useful as a watergun.
>>
>>389898396
Fuck this mode. Literally artificial difficulty.
>>
>>389898792
>I kept getting spotted by the alien
Ok man
>>
>>389898854
No its fucking artificial you faggot. Its like they went "well every horror game has a survival mode so we need one for this. What should we do?"

"Nerf everything, turn up AI unpredictability all the way up".

Good design indeed.
>>
>>389898792
I'm mixed on it. Love the more persistent xeno, scarce materials and how the scanner and flamethrower can fuck up and jam at times.

Though the lack of a map can be annoying for finding your way around, so I wished you could view it when activating map terminals (kinda like checking blueprints and plotting routes ahead in Alien 3 SNES).

Taking the HUD away is pretty pointless and just annoying.
>>
>Dead Space is dead
>Alien Isolation is dead
>Dishonored is dead

the 2010s really killed a lot of great videogame concepts.
>>
>>389898396
Pretty much what the poster says and some extra shit:
>Do not run
>Dont stay in one place too long
>If you have an encounter, try hiding behind table rather than under. For some reason the xeno wont detect you that way.
>Dont use lockers they are useless
>Dont use flamethrower till Mission 14 and 15 (the nest areas)
>Dont try and attract the attention of anyone
>Motion detector is useless
>>
>>389899382
SOMA any good?
>>
>>389899557
no one played SOMA
>>
>>389899256
>game is too easy
>BAWWWW A BABY COULD PLAY THIS
>turn difficulty up a smidge
>BAWWWWWW ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY
Make up your minds you colossal fags
>>
>>389899593
Thanks for the sales report, but is it good?
>>
>>389899697
yea
>>
>>389899689
>Nightmare
>A smidge

Not that guy but nightmare is pretty fucked.
>>
>>389899557
It has a good story with existential horror and neat designs. Lot of people complained about the monsters but I loved them and how it's not just one following you around.
>>
>>389899921
>>389899765
Roger. Picking it up ASAP
>>
How's System Shock 1? I know 2 is meant to be good-but-aged, how's the first?
>>
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.