[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth the 60 fucking dollars? DeS and DaS are two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (22KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 225x225px
Is it worth the 60 fucking dollars? DeS and DaS are two of my favorite games
>>
sure, why not
>>
It's only similar to Souls on a surface level. Almost everything it rips from Souls like the ARPG elements and exploration are shit.

Combat is great though, but it's more inspired by Onimusha and PS2 era action games.
>>
Sadly no. You'll learn everything you need to know about the normal enemies in the first 5 levels (enemy variety is very low) and most of the bosses are about equipping the right equipment and not skill.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qmchZRyeDU
>>
No game is worth $60.
>>
>>389884461
Mass Effect is.
>>
>>389882692
>>389882126
I think you are fetishizing the souls expierence too much, it's not inferior in any way aside from aesthetics. Bosses are still a challenge and have just as many attacks as any souls boss, there's plenty to learn. Enemy variety may be low but there's a lot of ways to deal with them compared to souls.
>>
>>389881210
absolutely not
>>
>>389881210
Yes, but not specifically because you like Souls games, it's just a fantastic game overall. The similar elements are there but are not the main force of the game, this is more focused on combat depth and options as well as even higher build variety. Going into it expecting to be the same as Souls will leave you feeling left out in the cold (like a lot of people did because they couldn't actually adapt and blamed the game rather than themselves and got it cut down), but if you embrace it and what it is it's an excellent experience.
>>389882692
They don't make as much use of their enemy types as they should but the enemies that are there are unique from each other, and the combat depth pushes far beyond that issue. Your boss comment is wrong and doesn't really make any sense, they are far more based around combat skill with how their movesets are designed and how much more depth and ability you have at your disposal.
>>
>>389884435
you should feel bad for watching these casuals who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about seriously that abysmal gameplay just invalidated everything they said
>>
>>389884435
>previously recorded
I'm expecting this to be as bad as the Sonic one, but I got nothing better to do so h-here i go. I'll ridicule you for posting it as if they're any real authority in gameplay in about 26 minutes. Would be real interesting if they had an Alpha Nioh video too.
>>
>>389885428
>tries to punch out the guard and dies
>"one of the most blatant and unapologetic ripoffs"
This sure started well.
>>
>>389884435
After 9 minutes I already have more than enough evidence that these guys have no clue about anything and you should be as ashamed of yourself for even considering posting it as they should be for making it. Lying about or missing out what enemies types are shown to make a point, letting out that it took him 20 hours to get to the second region (and you know they would be ignoring sub missions to get the video out faster) and acting like there's only one Nurikabe just because he never found them again really destroy their credibility, if the gameplay alone doesn't already. Somehow it's turning out worse than I expected.
>>
>>389885230
>Hino-Enma
>not just about equipping 2 or 3 anti-paralysis charms
You don't even have to dodge anymore.
>Umi-Bozu
>not just about equipping a fire weapon and the right guardian spirit
All bosses are just about having the right equipment, you can make it hard for yourself by ignoring the obvious but skill is completely unnecessary in Nioh to beat bosses.
>>
>>389881210
Hell no. I was deeply disappointed by it. Combats good though.
>>
>>389887317
Paralysis is a very small factor in her overall moveset which just amounts to an added risk to make everything else a bit more threatening. I beat her in the Beta without equipping anti-paralysis charms and that was when her wave actually could always paralyze you in one hit, because I learned how to dodge it. Her main threat is her fast movement and rapid attacks, those only play off of the paralysis and are not reliant on it.
Umi-bozu is weak to fire, and fire is something that you can acquire and apply in many different ways, not just by equipping a fire weapon, and it still doesn't detract from having to learn how to fight him, as well as exploring the level to light the lanterns and choose between using them to light your weapon or letting them deal with the additional enemies. It's not necessary to beat him and doesn't remove the need to know how to actually hit him.
>>
>>389881210
It is my favorite game of this generation so far.
But I'm pretty bad at it.
>>
>>389887145
this, the entire guys criticism comparing it to bloodborne is just terrible. It's like the equivalent of playing bloodborne and only using the saw cleaver which is strong as fuck, saying that weapon is the only one in the game, and still completely missing the fact that there is an l1 and r2 attack.

Every time you aquire a skill point the game gives you a notification and it also lets you know everytime you bring up the menu. For him to be 20 hours in and not allocated a single point really makes u think...
It's not even like lmao casuals git gud its just literally old men ignoring all the tutorials and notifications the game is giving you and complaining theyre having a bad time.
>>
File: NiohWilliam.webm (949KB, 336x520px) Image search: [Google]
NiohWilliam.webm
949KB, 336x520px
game's good, its worth 60 bucks if its the deluxe edition.
>>
>>389888616
That they actually consider it a challenge to swap weapons or even stances on the fly speaks volumes, but the only thing they've been correct on is that the Kusarigama is stupidly overpowered, but they have no true judgement or comparison to base it on because they still know nothing of the game's systems or even history. I'm gonna continue watching, he's just about to start bitching about extremely simple and easy to quickly do inventory management in an RPG.
>>
I just want the physical goty version with all the dlc
>>
Here's a better (and even far shorter despite being more informative) video to cleanse the shittiness of the other one. I can't help but wonder if this guy also played the Alpha though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXea0FNvk3c
>>
>>389889982
You could always just wait for a sale on the season pass.
>>
Is the dual sword too weak?
>>
>>389881210
I love Des, Das and bloodborne and i couldn't get into it.

i found the ki puslse shit annoying and the weapons had no weight to them, no doubt it a good game but it feels more ly dynasty warriors on hard mode with a good combat system than dark souls.
>>
>>389884945
>fetishizing
Is this september's new buzzword or something?
>>
>>389893526
Not at all. Every weapon is strong.
>>
>>389881210
Yes, it's GOTY material
>>
>>389893662
>girl fetishists
...ughh ...men
>>
>>389893526
It's probably one of the quickest weapons to reach brokenly op status, but you'll also only ever use sign of the cross, the shrike, and a little windstorm here and there.

1kat has much much higher damage potential on its iai, but that's not really true until very end-game, and sotc is in every other way a better move that still does enough damage to one-shot bosses.

If you don't feel like spamming sign of the cross, then yeah, it's pretty weak.
>>
>>389894149
It must be because I don't know how to use sotc. Is there a special way to use it? I can't use it against bosses.
>>
>>389894562
What are you struggling with in particular?

One trick with it is that it charges faster when you start sheathed, or when you ki pulse. The latter means you can spam them back to back about twice as fast by just ki pulsing immediately after doing one without letting your ki recharge. The former means you can tap L2 to aim your ranged weapon, which forces your weapons to sheathe, and then get off a quick charge in any situation. Another tip is that human enemies hit in the back with it will fall down, and you can just loop them by using it again as they try to stand up until they die. The shrike is a good way to set this up against anything that can be parried.
>>
Am i the only one who couldn't get into htis game?i enjoyed the witches and the souls series, as well as DMC.

maybe i should give it another shot....
>>
>>389894149
God of Wind is ridiculously useful, it's standard high stance combo is solid too, Water Sword can be crazy effective if you have the opportunity, the guard break is really strong and it's one of the best weapons at applying status. It's also got on average the highest parry stat, so it's got many advantages to make up for it's reliance on multiple hits to wrack up damage at times.
>>389894562
Ki Pulsing into it (I don't think you have to unlock the quicksheathe skill anymore) to tie it into your combos works well at covering any gaps in your offense, and be aware of the charge time and how far it moves you forward so you know when you can do it and safely go through enemies to dodge attacks. If you break an enemy's guard or empty their Ki it has a 1kat-esque combo of SotC to knock them down, SotC again when they're on the ground (can start here after something else that knocks them down like The Shrike), then stab, but you need to be aware of the spacing because you don't turn around so much during the SotC charge with how much faster it is.
Also for a little trivia, sometimes if you do a stab offcenter the first hit will whiff but the second will hit, and it doesn't take up your stab so you can do another full one after.
>>
>>389895234
Timing. Either the enemies hit me or I lose the sotc for holding it too long or I miss it before it reaches the enemy.

>>389895284
Does it work against bosses?
>>
>>389881210
It actually makes the souls dream of every build being equally viable a reality.
Barehand even has its own set of exclusive skills.
>>
This is actually better than Souls games imo. It's actually probably the best game on the PS4, right next to DQ11.
>>
>>389895632
It should go off when it max charges automatically. I've heard people have issues where they move the stick too much while doing it, and it just doesn't go off though. When you learn how to do it in quick succession, your flow chart ends up with every outcome leading to another one. Enemy blocked it? Do it again.

>>389895284
I liked god of wind on the first playthrough. A big problem though is that it doesn't have an affix that boosts it (this is a problem for a bunch of skills, hopefully they'll fix), so it falls off completely when you can get sotc damage on both your weapon and the master swordsman set. The other problem is that it gets stuffed if the first combo hit is blocked, which becomes more and more likely, and whether or not you want to waste a weapon slot on parry disabling is highly questionable coupled with the previous issue of it not doing enough even when it connects.
>>
>>389895632
Not sure which part you mean, but that out of Ki combo is for human enemies and bosses, since yokai Ki works differently, instead you can just freestyle SotC into your strings if you deplete their Ki. The double stab thing is actually worse than any other option to do on purpose (but handy if you think you messed up just stabbing), it's just fun to know, like how 2kat has a glitchy looking version of Tempest.
Also you don't lose the SotC if you just hold the button, it comes out automatically if it reaches full charge. The timing and spacing is just something you need to practice and learn through experience, but going into it on a combo on their back after they whiff something can be a good call, not least because of the added damage but it can be safer to use too.
>>
>>389896514
>>389896602
Ah, I see. I couldn't even do it if the swords were not sheated.
Then I decided to play with the kusari and never looked back at the two swords.
>>
>>389896514
It might lose out on damage but the Ki and guard damage is huge, it does this weird thing where even if the hit breaks their Ki and hits them after it doesn't take the stagger and it combos very smoothly into SotC even with how much blockstun it causes. It's also really easy or even preferable at times to just whiff a hit and go straight into it especially with how far it moves and quick it is. I don't really feel like raw damage is as valuable compared to general options and usability though unless it's an extreme case or the main niche, since damage can come from so many different sources.
>>389896916
Yeah Kusarigama is stupidly broken. All the weapons (I haven't played the DLC though) would probably be quite evenly balanced in strengths and weaknesses if the Kusarigama didn't exist, it's like they completely forgot to balance it, which makes sense considering when we first got access to it.
>>
if you like bro-op, no.
if you like onimusha and wanted something like that but with the design of dark souls, sure.
>>
>>389897684
But this game works great for co-op and even has a more straightforward mode designed for it with a lobby on top of summoning/being summoned to clear a level.
>>
>>389884435

I ain't watching this shit. Did they get past Hino-Enma? I doubt it.
>>
>>389897684
this game is fucking great for coop bro, it handles it way better than the souls games.
>>
>>389898090
>>389898275
no, the way the game handles co-op is trash.
I shouldn't have to beat a stage to play the same stage with my friend, that's trash.
>>
>>389898394
thats just for new game though, it works all the way in new game +
>>
>>389898394

You don't have to if you're co-oping through Yokai Realm. That's basically what Yokai Realm's for, they even add more enemies to compensate for there being two players.
>>
>>389898394
Can't you set a password in the menu and summon them in the level the first time? Either way, the Yokai Realm lets you do it.
>>
>>389898269
It took him 20 hours to get to Umi-bozu's level from what it sounds like.
>>
>>389900030
Seriously? Shit, that's bordering on Arthur Gies-levels of incompetence.
>>
>>389884435
>they cant combo ki pulses without watching the bar or the blue shit.

old people everyone
>>
>>389900091
They criticize the stance and Ki Pulse system for being too hard to use on the fly.
>>
Are the Ni-Oh tonfas as GOAT as the Ninja Gaiden 2 tonfas?
>>
>>389901035
they are fun to use, however since this is an RPG they kinda fall off compared to other weapons around 100 hours in.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.