[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any old Atari games actually worth playing? The vast majority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Atari-2600-Wood-4Sw-Set.jpg (235KB, 1920x1121px) Image search: [Google]
Atari-2600-Wood-4Sw-Set.jpg
235KB, 1920x1121px
Are any old Atari games actually worth playing? The vast majority of them seems to be arcade and multiplayer games.
>>
>>389875419
>Thinking arcade ports and multiplayer games aren't worth playing

Adventure is fun though. Considered to be the first rpg or action adventure game
>>
>>389875419
Not really no. They all aged horribly.

Might recommend Frogger and Pit Fall.
>>
>>389875787
What is even the point of Pitfall? Just to get a high score I guess? All i remember is dying a bunch because the controls were ass and that horrible fucking grating sound when you would walk over a log and your score plummeted
>>
>>389875419
They're fun but they really require a whole different mindset going in than games today. They're more akin to today's mini-games than a full game. Play one for a few rounds/lives/levels, get bored, pop in another. Rinse and repeat.
Most games are throwaway, but there's a lot of neat games (or games that are just fun) that are worth checking out.
>>
>>389875919
Pitfall is actually beatable and the game actually gets quite involved.
>>
>>389875419
Most atari games were true shovelware, especially towards the end of 82 in to 83. There are some decent ones, but a lot of the good ones are arcade ports.
>>
>>389876036
I must be thinking of the sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zED0SU0cImo
>>
>>389875693
>Thinking ATARI 2600 ports of arcade games are worth playing
All the Atari versions of arcade games such as Pac-Man & Dig Dug aren't as good as the arcade version. The Atari Frogger isn't that bad though
>>
Defender and Berzerk are good. There's also some Snoopy vs The Red Baron game, but I never found it to get any harder as it went on.
>>
>>389875919
To save the girl trapped in the dungeon.
>>
>>389875419
kaboom is pretty fun if you have a paddle controller
>>
Defender. Try to get your score to roll over to zero.
>>
>>389875419
Berzerk and Yar's Revenge, I guess.
>>
>>389875419
Most of them are endless, which kinda puts me off, but stuff like Defender was still pretty fun.
>>
>>389875419
>>389875787
You both need to be older than 18 to use this site
Fuck off
>>
>>389875419
worth emulating for a bit at least. i played frogger and digdug as a kid and they're ok timewasters but about as samey as they look. wouldn't wanna own the console tho.
>>
Play H.E.R.O.
Best 2600 game
>>
>>389879307
(You)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.