[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try it out on the WiiU >gameplay's mostly good >karts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (247KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
247KB, 1280x720px
>try it out on the WiiU
>gameplay's mostly good
>karts mostly look like shit but whatever
>beautiful graphics, but overused bloom hits it a bit

>new gimmick is complete shit
>you go slower, and get a little boost when you hit someone or specific objects, this part is fine
>antigravity WHOOOOOAAAA you're going upside down and up walls!!!
>looks fucking great in theory
>in practice you don't even notice going bonkers gravity-wise
>tracks are made around this thing lose any uniqueness and most seem like a forgettable mess
>the bloom also hinders their visuals, making each of them look less unique
>the ones that don't are very tame on the anti-grav, like Wario Mountain, and the ruins with the thwomps coming down
>the best tracks are the ones from older games that weren't too affected by the antigrav meme

>they brought back the MK7 gliders
>most of the time you have very little control over it, completely missing the point of the gliders
>going back to 7 feels fucking great

>200CC is released
>after playing every cup on it, it becomes obvious that they just threw it in and that's it
>various times when using a ramp you overshoot the track and either run out of it or hit something you're not supposed to
>if you're close to the AI even they run out of the track sometimes, yet at other times they'll run past you at full speed while you're breaking for a turn

I recently 3 starred everything again on the Switch, I like the game, but I can't understand why people rate 8 so fucking high. Even worse is that everyone shits on 7, which was perfect asides from not having Waluigi in it. Am I missing something here?
>>
I'm pretty sure MK8 doesn't even use bloom, it's got a fairly clean look to it without much shader usage at all. I also disagree with this statement:
>tracks are made around this thing lose any uniqueness and most seem like a forgettable mess
>various times when using a ramp you overshoot the track and either run out of it or hit something you're not supposed to
you're supposed to use the brakes, the game even mentions this
>>
File: 3606_1_0ff81b0115.jpg (42KB, 605x340px) Image search: [Google]
3606_1_0ff81b0115.jpg
42KB, 605x340px
>>389869425
>I'm pretty sure MK8 doesn't even use bloom,
maybe you don't know what bloom means?

>>389869425
>you're supposed to use the brakes, the game even mentions this
yeah, try braking after ramping on a booster, go ahead (off the top of my head, the Excitebike track has one of these overshooting ramp boosts)
>>
>>389869674
>pic
doesn't look like that in-game. Also what's with the unusual res/crop?

>off the top of my head, the Excitebike track has one of these overshooting ramp boosts
that course is randomised
>>
File: bloom.jpg (554KB, 961x542px) Image search: [Google]
bloom.jpg
554KB, 961x542px
>>389869802
>doesn't look like that in-game.
what the fuck are you talking about? I can't even believe someone is saying that there's no bloom in MK8, but here, have some more screenshots, it's really fucking obvious in any daytime open areas track

>Also what's with the unusual res/crop?
I googled the image, how can you not even think of that possibility?

>that course is randomised
fine, that one with the piantas and the fruit market has a ramp that will overshoot the small boat in the middle of the jumps
>>
>>389870434
huh, maybe it's just the switch version then, but those images are clearly not in-game, you can't angle the camera like that during play.
>>
File: 1428938505426.png (584KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1428938505426.png
584KB, 1300x1000px
>>389870924
jesus christ, whatever, I'll get youtube gameplay then
https://youtu.be/7BjGwXY_kwM?t=39

and Nintendo knows they overused it in the WiiU version, they even reduced the bloom a tiny bit in Deluxe
>>
>>389871186
not a very good quality vid, but the only bloom I see is when he's facing the sunlight near the finish line, which makes sense.
>>
File: Put the world on fire.jpg (62KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
Put the world on fire.jpg
62KB, 640x457px
Kinda stinks we never really had any other new character for Mario Kart 7. No new DLC, no nothing.

You could even tell how fucking rushed that thing was.
>>
>>389871715
that's because the effect is stronger there, the bloom is everywhere outdoors in that track, just reduced, and indoors you can see it in the kart's light and such

here's another video, bloom should be very obvious from the get go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GRjzJVDLbM
>>
File: 1496069592768.png (670KB, 1954x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1496069592768.png
670KB, 1954x3500px
>>389871921
the gameplay was tight, the tracks were great, I don't see the issues with it outside of no Waluigi and iirc you need 40 coins to get 3 gold stars, absurd
>>
>>389872096
first track there is in broad daylight, no shit there'll be some bloom. It's not even remotely excessive so I don't see the problem. Excessive bloom would be like WWHD while outdoors.
>>
File: 1481133834111.jpg (9KB, 285x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481133834111.jpg
9KB, 285x270px
It must be ass being this jaded
>>
MK7 didn't have SP VS mode so that alone makes it inferior by default. MK8DX is already the best game on the series alongside MKDS and the only thing it needed to take the throne was a mission mode.
>>
>>389872487
I said that the problem was in open areas, and you could have just said in your first post that you fucking love bloomd instead of denying there was bloom in the game

>>389872579
are you talking about me, the OP? I said I liked the game, what are you going on about?
>>
>>389872757
I don't like bloom if it's overused or exaggerated, but otherwise I don't have a problem with it.
>>
>>389874061
well, that's my problem with it, to me it's overexagerated in MK8, but then again I don't think I've seen a game use bloom lightly for me to think it was fine, maybe Witcher 2, but even that looked better after I turned bloom off
>>
>>389874407
well there's not much more I can say other than that I disagree, I don't find MK8's use of bloom exaggerated at all, it's used sparingly and even in the worst-case scenario (e.g. facing a bright source of light directly) it's nowhere near as bad as other games.
>>
>>389874945
even on dark areas it still constantly shows up because MK8 loves to put neon glowy stuff everywhere, like that musical stage, all 3 Rainbow Roads, and Bowser Neon City or whatever it's called (but since the bloom is focused on the shiny things, it's more tame than the outdoor areas)

in any case, out of my complaints, that's probably the smallest one
>>
>>389875216
that "glowy" look from the bloom is how light tends to look irl. Like I said, as long as its not exaggerated (which I don't think MK8's is), I don't have a problem with bloom. Some of the outdoor/open areas could do with toning down a little bit, but otherwise I think it'd look worse without the bloom.
>>
>>389875612
I agree, I think bloom is fine but needs to be used more moderately, I know that light doesn't travel in straight lines
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.