[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you fall for the "Sonic was never good" meme that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 05.png (383KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
05.png
383KB, 500x375px
Did you fall for the "Sonic was never good" meme that circulated for the last couple of years?
>>
3D sonic has always been bad and you should feel bad for liking it
>>
>>389868684
2D AND 3D Sonic has always been bad.
>>
File: DJN8pggUQAA60pl.jpg (20KB, 403x276px) Image search: [Google]
DJN8pggUQAA60pl.jpg
20KB, 403x276px
>>389867814
No, nothing can kill my love for the Genesis and Adventure games.
>>
>>389868825
2D is fine
>>
File: 8fb.png (15KB, 507x401px) Image search: [Google]
8fb.png
15KB, 507x401px
>>389868825
>>389868684
niggers
>>
>>389868684
3D Sonic, yeah, but ALL Sonic?
>>
>>389867814
>your opinions are just memes
I wonder why everyone hates sonicfags
>>
but it’s true
>you HAVE to GO FAST
>but no you need to stop and go slow and platform whilst you’re slipping around
good game good mechanic feels good good game
>>
>>389869510
That phrase has become a meme though.
>>
>>389869812
>you HAVE to GO FAST
The scary part is that there are people who actually believe this.
>>
>>389868970
No it isn't. In a game where you run super fast and need to react to obstacles in front of you, the camera should not be centered on the character. The game gives you 320 horizontal pixels and at least half, often more, of these are showing stuff that you just ran past and is now behind you. At the maximum possible movement speed, Sonic literally outruns the screen. 2D Sonic is some of the most awful game design I've seen my life.
The series is actually ideal for 3D because you can put the camera behind the character and the player would be able to see obstacles coming up in front of them. But ironically the 3D games manage to be even more shit than the 2D ones for various reasons. The whole series is a joke.
>>
>>389870006
/thread
thank god for the widescreen + HD ports
>>
>>389867814
No, the new games are mediocre but I basically grew up on Sonic advance 1 2 and 3
>>
>>389870006
>At the maximum possible movement speed, Sonic literally outruns the screen
You're not gonna be reaching those speeds in the platforming focused sections though, unless you're a speedrunner who knows the game inside and out.
>>
>>389869812
>>389870006
small children can play and understand sonic's mechanics with no problem. imagine being worse than kids at fucking sonic and then whining about it on an anime imageboard.
>>
>>389870006
>I'm bad at video games so I'm going to blame the devs

Nah, 2D is fine. Get good.
>>
>>389871048
small children can play Sonic because the ring system lets you take infinite hits without dying

the fact that the ring system exists is an admission by the designers that you're going to get a shitton of cheap hits and is a halfassed patch over that
>>
>>389867814
>Game marketed as being able to go fast
>Punishes you for going fast

It would be like a TES game punishing you for not doing the main story
>>
>>389871048
>imagine being worse than kids at fucking sonic and then whining about it on an anime imageboard.
It's not that they're worse than kids, but more so they've grown to expect a success-state to be handed to them on a silver platter. Because of this, they go into the older Sonic games blinded by the "GO FAST" meme, and then cry about "bad game design" when they just happen to run into a wall or touch an enemy, even though it only takes a few seconds to gain a decent level of speed afterwards.

I've watched kids play older Sonic games and whenever they lose speed or touch an enemy they just respond with "oops" or "darn" and just keep playing, pressing on forward into the level.

It seems like most people who are in their 20's-30's and play videogames are too embarrassed to admit when they've made a mistake. They would rather just blame everything except themselves for some reason. It's no wonder they go on an asshurt twitter tirade whenever someone tells them to "get gud".
>>
>>389869812
>>389870006
>>389872128
Can you find another complaint?
>>
>>389872128
>Game is designed so achieving the goal has some element of challenge
Do you want the levels to just be flat terrain with no obstacles?
>>
>>389872128
>It would be like a TES game punishing you for not doing the main story
They pretty much do, considering how shallow modern Bethesda games are when you're not being railroaded through the main quest.
>>
>>389872424
Of course they can't. A few years ago the main complaint against classic Sonic games was "hold right to win". Now people complain when the games AREN'T "hold right to win".

It's funny, honestly.
>>
>>389872128
It punishes you for just holding right the entire time like a retard, does Mario punish jumping because if you keep constantly jumping without thinking you fall into a pit?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.