[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only reason Beth made every NPC bisexual in Skyrim was because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: morrowind.jpg (48KB, 639x741px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.jpg
48KB, 639x741px
The only reason Beth made every NPC bisexual in Skyrim was because it's easier than actually giving NPC's sexualities.

Think about, as much as Todd Howard praters on about "player choice", he only seems to care about player freedom when it gives him less work to do.

Why not abolish the radiant fetch quest system, and give the world open-ended, branching questlines? Nah, too much work. Let's use incoherent incomplete world-building, and then use player choice as a justification. Argonian players in Windhelm? Ofc that's fine! Just pretend it was for player freedom, or whatever, not because they weren't arsed to record 3 more lines, and actually implement the changes. Same fuckin' reason you can join any faction, without them remotely affecting each other. Entire game is just a glorified theme park ride.

Sorry if I'm sore about this, but it's so damn strange that almost everyone in Skyrim is racist, yet, everyone is bisexual, and nobody needs to discuss it, because it's so normal. Isn' t it such a coincidence that every "game feature" that allows the player to do everything, no matter what, and be the head of every remaining faction is also the route that gave Bethesda the least amount of work every time?

God, I love what Bethesda has become. Pre-order Skyrim 4k VR now!!!
>>
>>389864190
yep
>>
I certainly don't disagree.
>>
>>389865048
Even traditional parts of the TES community don't respond well to the kinda stuff I just said. Anywhere I've been, other than here, people have disagreed with me.

I maintain that the only reason Bethesda acts like this is because they haven't felt challenged since Obsidian upped FO3 with FONV. That, and almost going bankrupt before making Morrowind. The more sure of themselves Bethesda gets, the more shit we see like paid mods and horse armor.
>>
>>389865273
I mean yea Skyrim at release was the laziest they had ever been and its their most successful game by a long shot. Todd wants money more than anything else, hence shit like horse armor. He found out that even if they put in significantly less effort, they can make more money than ever as long as the games are simplified enough to appeal to normal audiences. Basically Bethesda originally catered to nerds and discovered that nerds are too picky. Its easier if you can give normalfags the same excitement nerds get from RPGs without scaring them away. This also leads to easier development. I mean christ, people liked Fallout 4 somehow even and that is truly the laziest Bethesda has ever been.
>>
>>389865694
Don't get me started on FO4. 4 dialogue options at all times, and most of the time, they lead to the exact same shit. Voiced protagonist, lukewarm story, which speaks down to players...

I had a friend who got FO4 and liked it. When I told her why I hated it, for abandoning FO's RPG roots, she, I shit ye not, said: "Who says that Fallout games have to be RPG's?"

These are the people that Bethesda are catering to, nowadays.
>>
>>389864190
The everyone is bisexual thing was to appease the SJWs out there.
They do just enough to stay off the shit list.

If they went full bioware they lose audience.
If they go CDProjekt antagonistic they lose audience.
>>
>>389865930
The Bethesda on the box is more important than the RPG.
>>
>>389865930
My main issue with that idea is, what IS fallout 4 exactly if its not an RPG. As in, they ditched the RPG elements but its not like they then made a good shooter or a good action game. They made a pseudo-RPG that caters to no one. Everything about the game is mediocre. I could forgive it some if it at least excelled in a different area but it didn't.
>>
>>389864190
>The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - if you get Personality stat high enough, NPCs of either gender, everywhere that you go, will greet you with the phrase "I like what I see". This is, of course, regardless of which gender the PC is. Which implies either all of them being bi or massive Stupid Sexy Flanders-style phenomenon with you. Further, when using the "Admire" option in conversation, your part of the dialogue is never seen, but the NPC's responses are, and more often than not they seem to be a response to a pick-up line or a come-on.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EveryoneIsBi
>>
>>389866127
I think the gunplay mechanics are decent, at least compared to previous games. It's a shooter, it's gotta be.

Granted, for a shooter, it's mediocre, and I see your point about how mediocre and watered down it is. I appreciate that they also gave companions more detail, and more involvement in quests, but it doesn't save the game. At all.

But, pseudo-RPG or not, people are unfortunately lapping that shit up. Consumers are so fucking weak. Haven't bought a Bethesda product since 2011, out of spite, because that's the only thing that exec's listen to. But, all of my other friends bitch about Bethesda's shitty tactics and then go and buy the next fucking Bethesda title.

Pete Hines doesn't come to /v/, to see what we think about Bethesda games. Unless consumers take a stand, and let's face it, they won't, Bethesda won't change.
>>
>>389866174
There's two actually romanceable NPC's in Morrowind. Ahnassi and Crassius Curio. One is straight, one is bi, and that's makes sense, considering how completely depraved the guy is. They don't gloss over it either, and actually use it for his quest.

nice try, newfag
>>
>>389865960
OP has it right. You make every NPC bi-sexual to save on the work. If the NPCs are hetero, then you have to make TWICE the amount of characters to give "both paths" the same amount of content. So its easier to just make every character bisexual, and save all that extra work.

This is a well known labor saver in "romance-able" game design where a player can pick their own sex.
>>
>>389866597
Yea gunplay definitely improved on previous titles, as did that nice quick looting system.

Its shocking that people love FO4 though. I get why Skyrim was a success but FO4 to me is so obviously lazy even for people who are FO3 fans.

It truly is just about brand now.
>>
>>389866883
It's not just that. They'd have to record REJECTION dialogue, which could make up 20 whole extra lines! Gasp. Or, at the very least, add a dialogue filter for most RPG's.

Yeah, Bethesda did it so save on work. That, and the PC thing somebody mentioned earlier. Same reason they record death sounds for kids in their games, but don't implement child death. I mean, it's good that they give that shit to modders, but it'd be obviously better to see Bethesda grow some fucking balls.
>>
>>389866930
Todd hates pure RPGs and always wanted to make action games. You can see proof of this in old bbs posts he made.
>REDGUARD, while not an RPG, is a total mix, which RPGs often are. You decide what you want the player to experience and how the game feels, and then see what type of interactions will be the most fun. That is why Redguard is such a hybrid. Look at Archon or Star Control 2, both those games use different interactions to form a cohesive whole.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.