/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm close to buying either pic related since I'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: HORI-PS4-092U-main.jpg (23KB, 492x290px) Image search: [Google]
HORI-PS4-092U-main.jpg
23KB, 492x290px
I'm close to buying either pic related since I'm a beginner at fighting games. Are there better sticks out there?
>>
Its a good stick. Just make sure to swap out the buttons to sanwa.
>>
>>389859663
Why's that? Is it safe to swap out buttons? I don't want to fuck it up
>>
>>389860075
Sanwa parts are considered the best. Hori uses their own parts. But there are pros who play these games on pad, so I don't know if it really makes a difference.

Razer panthera is a top tier one that comes with sanwa. Will cost a bit more.
>>
>>389860075
And yeah swapping parts is a common thing, but I've never done it so can't give advice
>>
>>389859517
Just get a Razer Panthera.
>>
>>389859517
sticks won't make you a better player, practice will, just pick whatever you have at hand and get to practice with it.
>>
>>389860075

If you're new to sticks and you don't have a preference for a button type, you may or may not need to take this step. I prefer Sanwa since it's what I've played on the most, but I can't say Hori's Kuro or Hayabusa buttons are terrible in comparison. Hayabusa is a bit closer to Sanwa in the sense that they're a bit more "clicky" and don't have a much resistance, but Kuro's feel a bit heavier/more resistant, have a bit more of "meaty" feel to them (I believe the stick in the OP uses Hayabusa). They're not bad, just different. If you get the chance, you may want to see what Sanwas feel like before swapping. Alternatively, some places like Arcade Shock will swap the buttons to Sanwa/Seimitsu in a Hori stick for you at a fairly low price (I don't think they're doing it with the Pro N though, at least for right now).
>>
>>389861259
Sanwa > Seimitsu > > > all that other shit > dying in my sleep > Happ
>>
>>389859517
Just use a DS4, all the pros are using them. Sticks are antiquated.
>>
>>389859517
>beginner
>buying a stick
Enjoy using it a few times, realizing a stick doesn't just magically make the game easier and quit
>>
File: blip.jpg (379KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
blip.jpg
379KB, 3000x1688px
>>389859517
got pic related, but had to change out the buttons
>>
>>389859517
Either go big or go home when it comes to sticks. Sanwa parts are the absolute best out there.

The two best sticks out right now is the Qanba Obsidian and the Razer Pantera. I own the obsidian and it's fantastic.
>>
>>389863023
Biggest fault of the Panthera is that you can't change the fucking plexi. The stock art it has is so boring
>>
seimitsu ps-14-k and ls-32 >>>>>>sanwa

sanwashit doesn't last and feels mushy and unresponsive

ALL super street fighter 2 turbo and virtua fighter cabinets used seimitsu parts and seimitsu was the standard until SRK "tech talk" section aspies hated on seimitsu for edgy points and forced the sanwa meme.
>>
>>389860075
>>389860675
>>389859517
no difference used a shitty qanba carbon until i got an obsidian its still the same
>>
>>389864156
This.
>>
OP, don't buy that stick.

It uses the Namco type N button layout which very few arcade games use.

Buy the Regular HORI RAP V if you want to go HORI, but like the other guy said replace the buttons. If you don't plan on modding at all spend the extra money for a Razer. Otherwise if you want to mod, save money and get a HORI.
>>
>>389865023
>It uses the Namco type N button layout which very few arcade games use.

it's the sega astro layout and all pre vewlix games use it other than neo geo
>>
>>389859517
play ST if you want to get good.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.