[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>389855218 Why can't Nier Automata fags articulate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

>>389855218
Why can't Nier Automata fags articulate why they like the game or give proper counterpoints to criticism? This is just pathetic.

Was I supposed to be enthralled when the sad music played over tearjerker scene for two stilted characters? Was I supposed to be awed that the game showed me one plot important scene after making me replay the exact same game with a shittier character? Maybe was I supposed to be enamored when the character with contrived plot relevance became important because of contrived reasons? Oh, I get it. I'm supposed to praise it for having themes you don't really find in games! Even though its execution was lacking and I've read/saw media that have executed its themes far better.
>>
>>389858297
You sound like someone who needs to fuck off.
>>
>>389858297
Fun but simple combat and creative story delivery.
>>
>>389858297

Why do you seem so jaded?

Maybe this was a lot of players first time experiencing these things so it's exciting to them.

I enjoyed SOMA a lot; do you also dislike that game for x reasons?
>>
>>389858297
It's the same thing as with platinum games fags anon, you can't do anything sadly
Shit taste is a shit taste and they'll never get that
>>
File: Autism_awareness_ribbon_fi.jpg (77KB, 630x485px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_awareness_ribbon_fi.jpg
77KB, 630x485px
You have problems, OP
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-19-23h44m19s257.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-19-23h44m19s257.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>weebs accept basic truth
lmao
>>
>>389858460
Typical Sony Pony, cinematics and pseudodeep Hollywood rehash story line over what actually makes a videogame a videogame. Failed normies.
>>
>>389858618
Because people said this game had one of the best stories in vidya and was a true example of how you utilize video games as a medium. What I got was anything but that.
>>
I just like playing video games for fun, not sure what kind of deep experience you're trying to find.
>>
>>389858795
Also, never played SOMA and barely know anything about it outside of the scene where the game is supposed to make you question whether what you're perceiving is accurate or some shit.
>>
>>389858795
because weeb shit isnt art
>>
>>389858297
Much like the first game, it's an interesting and unconventional story delivered through a decent game. That's basically it, that's what people liked about the first game too. As a fan of the first game I actually think the story is a little less interesting this time around, though obviously the gameplay is better nobody is really playing the series for 10/10 gameplay.

If you don't like the story on a basic level then you're just flat out not going to like the game, it's one of those kinds of things. There's no need to get so flustered about it.
>>
>>389859521
probably just mad because people act like it's gods gift to man, when in reality it is just a cheesy nip waifu bait hack n slash
>>
>Take typical anime story
>Make it 'shocking' than normal by 'subverting' expectations for it

There you go. That's why people like it.
>>
>>389858795
Obviously people talking about the game use a lot of hyperbole because the people who like the series REALLY like the series. It's not a story that everyone's going to get, but the point is it's something different and unique and purely born out of a creative vision.

It's something a lot of people treasure and want to see succeed, this one weird game franchise passion product amidst a sea of focus-tested microtransaction-filled adaptations of existing media franchises. That's probably why you heard people talking about it like that, it's not some big mystery or anything.

I mean, did you want to feel special for not liking something other people like? Lots of people don't like Nier, they're just not autistic enough to make a big deal out of it because it's pretty obviously a creative thing that either will or won't resonate with you.
>>
Automata is liked, because it is different from other MAINSTREAM games, and it stands out. Simple as that.

That doesn't absolve it from being a blatant half-assed job on Taro's part specifically.
>>
>>389860076
I don't see how Taro's writing gained any sort of fucking following. Similar to what >>389860074 said, he gives his main cast quirky traits that are exaggerated at every moment and is praised as the best writer in the industry. There's nothing unique or creative about his games at all outside of shit like a cannibal being in the protagonist's party.

It's different from a sea of shit? So what? The vast majority of any media is fucking garbage. Having a few cool ideas doesn't excuse the rest of it being lackluster or derivative.

>did you want to feel special for not liking something other people like?

No, I want to understand why it's being placed as the epitome of gaming when it's nowhere close.

>Lots of people don't like Nier

Anytime this game is brought up, anywhere, you will get:
>Oh, the story made me cry!
>This is how you utilize video games as a medium for story telling. It's good enough to rival literature and film!
>One of my favorite games of the year. Absolutely amazing, I was awed by the story.
>2booty

>they're just not autistic enough to make a big deal out of it because it's pretty obviously a creative thing that either will or won't resonate with you.

That's a very wordy way to say "It's subjective."
>>
>>389858297
Can you actually name media where it is better executed?
>>
OP, why machines created the YoRHa?
>>
>>389861070
Well no shit it's subjective. Are you trying to find objectiveness in opinions?
>>
>>389861689
Anything written by Kafka or PKD for starters, Seventh Seal, and The Trial on the film side of things. From the top of my head.

>>389861689
There has to be a certain criteria for what's objective in media. Otherwise, we run around with modern nonsensical notions like "It's all relative and everything is equally as good or bad as it is to the person!"
>>
>>389858297
automatafags are all newfags, nothing new
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.