[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there retards calling this game shit when we've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: cuphead.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cuphead.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Why are there retards calling this game shit when we've literally only seen the early game levels?
>>
We've actually seen tons of bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixgZ99dxDoY

Game looks great though, /v/ just loves to hate things.
>>
>>389856827
I thought it looked pretty cool. Can't really talk though, haven't seen much gameplay. Just the art style looks great and the 2 bosses I've seen looked kinda fun to fight.
>>
>>389856827
People were calling it shit from the start. When they showed off the bosses, retards jumped to the conclussion it was just a boss rush game.
>>
>>389856827
Have you seen how generic and simplistic the level design is?

There's been a million games with the same layout already, we can accurately predict that the whole game will just be more of the same levels with different enemy spawns.

Level x: Two enemies at the back of the level
Level y: Three enemies scattered
Level z: Four enemies with a blue pallet in the front of the map and a different background song
etc.

The whole game will just reuse assets and make bland level design using these assets until the final boss
>>
>>389858304
it was originally only going to be bosses. the inclusion of levels delayed the game by 2 years. now the game is 75% bosses and 25% levels.
>>
>>389858467
>generic and simplistic
>>389857631 didn't look like that to me at all
>>
>>389858626
Of course the boss fights are interesting, because they are usually unique to the rest of the game.

I mean all the filler in between boss fights which is 80%+ of the game, will most-likely be repetitive and bland and simplistic t b h.

Seriously, Hiro, remove the t b h filter it's been like 2 years...
>>
>>389858601
>now the game is 75% bosses and 25% levels.
>>389858761
>all the filler in between boss fights which is 80%+ of the game
Once again /v/ can't even get their story straight when it comes to insulting things they know nothing about.
>>
It's the Dark Souls of run and gun, obviously it's too hard for most people's taste
>>
>>389858761
They said there will be a boss rush only mode, and the platform sections take up a minority of the gameplay.
>>
>>389858761
>which is 80%+ of the game
The game is practically a boss rush. Mixed in with the bosses are run & gun stages designed for you to get through as quickly as possible with the highest score as possible, not for traditional platforming. The two stages we've seen look very different from each other as well.
>>
>>389858913
This. The difficulty is a HUGE turn off for casuals, which sadly contribute to 80% of the player base. It's great that the devs stick to their vision of a true Dark Souls inspired game with high skill cap however
>>
File: The Dark Souls of Video Games.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Souls of Video Games.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>389856827
Because they can't comprehend that this is a Run n' Gun and not a Platformer, or they're a Dean.
>>
>>389859402
Can we have a Cuphead thread that's not about Dean, please? Thanks.
>>
>muh chromatic abberation that you can turn off
>>
>>389859476
That's like having a Dark Souls thread with Mizayaki
>>
For the same reason /v/ is claiming NMH Travis strikes again will be shit... It's not on PS4
>>
>>389860648
NMH has always been shit
>>
File: 1503512068269.jpg (106KB, 538x513px) Image search: [Google]
1503512068269.jpg
106KB, 538x513px
>trying to discuss video games on /v/
People on /v/ would much rather bitch about things they don't like than talk about things they do like
>>
>>389859476

You're going to get those only after the game comes out and everyone posts videos about how quickly they went through the tutorial.
>>
>>389856827
I can't say im not surprised a single contrarian on /v/ has yet to be able to explain themselves and Im also not surprised the status quo followers are quick to jerk themselves off

The game looks bad because it looks repetitive, derivative, and lacks substance. The gameplay is unevolved from its 90s counterparts and tt missed a lot of the point of what made old style cartoons good and it just remade the art style from them. It doesn't look that much more challenging or creative than modern games of the same genre, and it also looks like its gonna get old fast.

It's style over substance.

This doesnt mean it cant be fun for many or wont have good things in it but this is why some more reasonable people shit on it
>>
>>389861424
>The game looks bad because it looks repetitive, derivative, and lacks substance.
you can't make that judgement without playing the whole game.
>>
>>389862259
The games marketing materials have no sufficiently convinced me that any stage wont either be a run n shoot or fly n shoot and avoiding projectiles, things all done before in the 90s, and thus from that advertizing people will have that impression of the game. We're discussing a game that isnt out yet, thats all we have to work with, you cant even say its good or mediocre for the same reason.
>>
Just watched the trailer and I spent the entire time repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my desk for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>DUDE RUN DASH AND SHOOT THINGS TO COMPLETE EVERY LEVEL LMAO
If you liked it you're in the wrong place
>>
>>389861424
>It's style over substance.
you're no different from any of the previous contrarians you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>389862568
>I spent the entire time repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I really hope you're being post-ironic because otherwise this is the saddest thing I've read all week.
>>
>>389862886
Im not saying its bad Im saying thats why some people dont like it you egotistical bumfuck
>>
>>389862568
>"This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.
Get off this site it's ruining your mental health.
>>
>>389862568
I literally did the EXACT SAME THING

I was also on a train and I was quite loud when I mumbled however. I know that other people heard me but the sheeples need to wake up to the oppression of reddit
>>
>>389862972
>the game looks bad
>Im not saying its bad
LMFAO
>>
>>389863279
>looks and is are the same word
???
>>
>>389863279
Is english not your first language or are you still in highschool?
>>
>>389858467
>Have you seen how generic and simplistic the level design is?
There doesn't seem to be anything specifically bad about it. You keep repeating "generic" and "I've seen that before" all through your post, without mentioning anything specific about the game. You have an axe to grind and it has nothing to do with the game in question.
>>
>>389856827
The artstyle is neat but the enemy placement and level design seem a little basic.
>>
>>389862892
>>389863075
new
>>
You know, the game does look kinda hugely generic but I noticed that literally none of the gameplay shows players actually using the dash or parry mechanics. Like at fucking all. I doubt it'll be enough to make it great but it might make the game quite a bit more engaging than it looks when it's actually played by people capable of doing more than holding fire and jumping around.
>>
>>389856827
because they're retards
>>
>>389858467
>we can accurately predict
go play in traffic you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>389858467
>muh enemy variety
ever fucking play a Mario game?

jesus christ, /v/ has to contrive reasons to hate games BEFORE they even release
>>
>>389865182
The problem is that there's nothing specifically good about it either. It's just there.
>>
/v/ hates it because

- it's not weebshit
- it's not on ps4
- it's on xbox
>>
>>389869096
>- it's not on ps4
dingdingdingdingding
sonibronies are the most wretched and petty creatures on this here earth.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.