[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This has got to be the holy trinity of overrated fucking games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6908.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6908.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
This has got to be the holy trinity of overrated fucking games. They're boring and control like shit. And the stories are lame and pretentious. They insist upon themselves way too fucking much. I bet V is just as trash.
>>
cool
>>
>>389854635
>control like shit.
How to spot the Gen Z'er.
>>
>>389854635
Vice city was actually fun. Pretty proud of myself for beating most of the game without using cheatcodes (I was like 10)
>>
>>389854635
>those sheets
gotta get shitposting done in between getting changed I guess.
>>
>>389854635
for starters it was one of the first games to actually try and make a full open world that didn't segment things apart by loading screens.

earlier games that did this were usually rpgs with heavy limitations like daggerfall (randomly generated)
>>
>>389854635
>trinity
But they're more or less the same game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>389855327
Vice City is the only one worth playing, IMO. Even though the ending was a little... weird...
3 had some good elements, but hasn't really stood the test of time.
I hated San Andreas, but I think I'm very alone in that.
GTA 2, maybe, because some of the mission concepts are kinda brilliant. Russian maifa Hot Dog Homicide fucked me up when I was a kid.
>>
>Remember playing VCS on the PSP
>Would insert Rhino Tank cheat at downtown fire station and just ram my way through everything straight to Viceport
>>
Mouse and keyboard makes these games way easier.
>>
>>389854635
>control like shit

I would love for these to be released with better controls. Thats the only thing that stopped me from finishing them when they first came out. I just couldnt deal
>>
>>389854893
How much can you lie. If you dont think they controlled like shit youre an absolute moron.
>>
>>389854635
underage b&
>>
>>389856501
No it doesn't. Lack of auto aim makes them unplayable and the RC missions are ridiculous on keyboard.
>>
>>389856826
Being able to freely aim in both 3 and VC is way better than the shitty auto aim both games have.
>>
3 is the best because its actually about committing crime like grand theft auto. All the games after 3 are based on the IDEA of grand theft auto which is a whacky movie parody murder simulator.
>>
>>389856826
>Lack of auto aim makes them unplayable
>RC missions are ridiculous on keyboard
How shit are you? The mouse aim makes the games easy as piss and the keyboard controls are fine if you've played it for more than an hour.
>>
>>389856826
Fucking casual.
>>
They are good in the same way shenmue is good. If you werent playing them at the time of release it would go way over your head how impressive they all were on release.
>>
>>389857062
yep
i actually really enjoy the start where you're just some asshole that shows up at the back entrance to a sleazy bar looking for a quick buck
>>
>>389857062
they kinda moved to general crime oceans eleven type shit but grand theft auto is still usually in there.

4 i recall being paid to steal high value cars to sell to some musclehead retard.

5 you do the same only to have the guy who was going to pay run off with everything.
>>
>>389854635
>i have abhorrently shit taste: the thread
>>
>>389858962
Worst. Character. Ever.
The writing has just been embarrassing since vice city
>>
>>389859070
which one? there were alot of shit characters.

gta 4 i couldn't stand just about everyone.

5 had it's moments but for the most part at least half the cast was complete shit.
>>
File: embarassing.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
embarassing.png
265KB, 334x393px
>all these people not realizing that this is a pasta
>>
>>389859070
>>389858962
Brucie, that is.
And fucking Roman for that matter... and almost everyone else in that game. Everyone's shouting all the time, stop shouting, no one would have made it this far in a secret criminal underworld shouting like that.
>>
>>389857062
I like 3 because of the silent protagonist.
>>
hmmm no sweetie, the games are good
>>
>>389857062
Did the PS4 Version of GTA3 implement a map in the pause menu or not?
I always hated that there's no map in 3.
>>
>>389859294
its identical to the ps2 version so no, the mobile remaster has a map though.
>>
>>389859263
ah we are like-minded then that gta 4 was complete shit. (only good fuck-yeah moment i had was some bank heist part a bit into game where you are running down allyways, i quit playing shortly after)
>>
>>389854635
>They're boring and control like shit.
All these games have better vehicle handling than IV and arguably V.
>>
>>389859264
Agreed, I've been thinking they should just go back to a silent protagonist, 'cause all the dialogue is so fucking terrible anyway, but that's just me.
also >>389859216 , the most relatable and likeable character in GTAV was ironically the most insane one, written to be somewhat unlikeable.
Trevor seemed to actually enjoy himself and had some passion and investment in his surroundings. All the other characters just complained all the time, it was migraine inducing.
>>
>>389859492
Aight, thanks, anon.
>>
>>389859614
>All these games have better vehicle handling than IV
That's not a very hard accomplishment though
>>
>>389859669
Trevor was just fried from drugs and booze, mixed with a bad childhood (that late/post game scene where is mother shows up and asks you to steal painkillers)

the rest was him just getting fucked over again and again. (thinking his buddy died and the one he was writing to for years was the one who was actually dead)
>>
>>389859614
3 sure as fuck doesn't.
>>
>>389859515
Exactly the same here.
Though even the bank heist mission tasted sour because the setup was literally: "Hey, who are you? Whatever, here's some coke, let's go rob the largest bank in the world"
There must have been some missions that got cut in production, because there was no reason not to have a long series of setup mission ala Vice City.
>>
Xbox or PS2 versions? Never really played them
>>
>>389859915
exactly, it felt like it was part of a cut mission but they kept just that part in because it was still pretty kickass.
>>
>>389859963
PC modded.
>>
>>389854635
>control like shit
Pubu-pidoo another casull destrpyed by helicopter mission!
>>
>>389859886
Exactly why he was the only one I related to even a little. Everyone else is either spoiled and annoying or just plain annoying.
Trevor had flaws and some colour, which actually kinda made him the underdog I was routing for.
The fact that they can accidentally write a cannibalistic psycho as the LEAST fucked person in the world is just... mindblowing.
>>
>>389854635
>console versions

I agree OP.
>>
Go back 15 years

Those games are master race
>>
>>389856826
>RC missions are ridiculous on keyboard
I finished that helicopter mission on a keyboard on my first try when I was like 8. Git gud.
>>
>>389859995

I've been thinking.
My favourite areas of GTA are places like Grove Street, but I lost interest when you grow from being just a dude from the hood trying to stay out jail, to stealing a rocket ship for the illuminati, or whatever. I like the small, compact, detailed worlds that have history and colour and a built in setup for a story about crime and violence.
Why not do a GTA where there are many of these smaller, richer environments and create playable characters suited to these places.

Why not make an anthology GTA where you play a small story as Niko Bellic right of the boat trying to get that fucking taxi company up and running and ending with him killing Vlad.
Then moving on to Patrick as a playable character in the Irish slums trying to make a living. Meeting Niko along the way as an NPC.
Then moving to a completely different environment, a rich, pseudo celebrity that owns a night club, about to lose everything and gets involved with the triads, then moving on to one of the triad characters that are about to get into a war with the russian mafia and tying everyone together to Vlad and Niko.
Maybe you play as a corrupt cop at some point, getting a completely new look on these environments.
Maybe Patrick is trying to get out of the slums and ends up getting killed in the process. Maybe it was Nikos fault. Maybe the triad character sees a way out through Niko and they end up catching a boat out of Liberty or maybe they end up running the night club together.

It should be linear, not like V where you jump around at your own pace.
I see a lot of potential to create smaller, stronger environments with anthologies and characters that are naturally created from them, and see the different criminal environments interact. Kinda something like The Wire, I guess, which IV was clearly influenced by.
>>
>>389854635
>HEY GUYS I DON'T LIKE THESE POPULAR ACCLAIMED GAMES GIVE ME ATTENTION.

Take your (You) i suppose.
>>
>>389862110
You can still create a large world, that I know a lot of GTA fans feel very strongly about, it just won't be all background dressing anymore.
>>
>>389862304
>POPULAR ACCLAIMED
That literally means nothing though.
>>
>>389859270
>>389856816
>>389855563
>>389854893
>>389854823
>>389862304

Look past the click bait thread header and contribute. It's the only way to change things, anon
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.