[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Final Fantasy VII get all the attention of Square-Enix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: C3f5QkfWEAIDFGi.jpg (385KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C3f5QkfWEAIDFGi.jpg
385KB, 1924x1080px
Why does Final Fantasy VII get all the attention of Square-Enix when a remake of VI would likely be a lot more interesting?

Why are VIII & IX so neglected for how popular they were on the PSX also?
>>
>>389846518
They didn't sell as well as VII did. IX suffered because the PS2 was coming and it was on the tail end of PS1's life.
>>
VI already got a remake.
>>
VII single handedly turned the PS1 into a console everyone needed to own.
>>
>>389847187
A mobile port isn't a remake.
>>
>>389846518
Babbies first jrpg, babbies first 3d rpg, babbies first FF
That's it. If 9 or 8 came first it would've taken it's palce
>>
>>389847476
9 for sure. 8 probably not; not without changes to the story.
>>
>>389847341

Considering they literally remade the entire game, I'd say it is.
>>
>>389847524
>he thinks they won't change any of the FF7 story
>>
>>389847640
Just climb the stairs, you retard.
>>
>>389847570
It's a port, not a remake.
>>
>>389846518
Because it's both the fan and dev favourite

fucking retard
>>
>>389847691

No, it's a remake.
>>
>>389847713
>fan
>dev favourite
>>
>>389846518
It's the Skyrim of the series. Marked an explosion of interest and sales in a series that was already fairly popular. It essentially tripled their audience in a single game.
>>
>>389847775
It's still just a port.
>>
>>389847779
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
Does VI take awhile to get rolling? I've been playing through all the FF games lately and I just am not having fun with this one.
>>
>>389847779
Why does everyone have a hard on for 9? Don't get me wrong it's a good game, but I feel that most aspects of it have been done better in other FFs, except maybe the nostalgia.
This is actually a serious question. 9 fans, why do you think it is better than any other FF game you have played?
(If you want to know, my favorite game is 5)
>>
>>389846518
Quite simply, it's a case of $$$+ vs $$. VII was the most popular and just prints money. If VI, VIII, or IX were capable of doing that (they're not), they'd be getting the remakes. VII is the only one that became popular enough to get a full remake.

The next ones down the list would be X/X-2 (good enough for outsourced HD remasters), and probably the XIII trilogy a ways down the road.
>>
>>389847875
it takes a bit. I forget the exact details but it gets rolling a bit after to meet up with the resistance and they ask if you will be their savior
protip: say no each time and you get an genji gauntlet
>>
File: 1487636478378.png (74KB, 600x569px) Image search: [Google]
1487636478378.png
74KB, 600x569px
>>389847826
uhh, no. It's a remake. They REMADE it, hence, it's a remake.
>>
>>389847875
Probably, especially with the whole party splitup thing at the beginning. VI is a lot more character-focused than the more typical save-the-world road trip, and it doesn't mind having a lot of side-stories going concurrently that build up the characters before converging. It will eventually get into a more traditional RPG adventure groove, before going atypical again for the end-game.

Kinda reminds me of the beginning of FF9 in that regard.
>>
>>389846518
Because it's the most popular one and everyone recognises it. You're not going to draw the same audience in with a lesser known title, hardcore fans and normies alike.
>>
>>389846518
Because VII sold the best and it's the most popular. Holy shit, that was a tough one to figure out.
>>
>>389848279
It's a port.
>>
File: 1409543812644.jpg (209KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
1409543812644.jpg
209KB, 600x582px
>>389848383
they didn't port anything. It was all redone, which makes it a remake
>>
>>389848462
Doesn't change the fact it's a port.
>>
File: qaefnqagn.gif (2MB, 500x639px) Image search: [Google]
qaefnqagn.gif
2MB, 500x639px
>>389848587
port1
pôrt/
noun
noun: port; plural noun: ports

a town or city with a harbor where ships load or unload, especially one where customs officers are stationed.
synonyms: seaport
"the German port of Kiel"
a harbor.
"the port has miles of docks"
synonyms: harbor, dock(s), haven, marina, harborside; More
anchorage, moorage, harborage, roads
"shells exploded down by the port"
an inland town or city whose connection to the coast by a river or other body of water enables it to act as a port.
noun: inland port; plural noun: inland ports

Checkmate shitlord ;)
>>
>>389848679
Still a port.
>>
I wish SE would leave the old titles alone, to age gracefully in their nostalgic glory. MAKE, NEW, GAMES, don't ride on the coattails of your previous successes. But of course they won't do that, and now I have to wait until 2030 till SE has finished pushing out that putrid turd called FF7RE for the disgusting nostalgiafags who will hate the game anyway, till we get our first news about FFXVI or FFXV-2.

Thank god the Ignis DLC and PC version is coming, but after that, it's just a depressing fucking journey full of FF7RE that I don't give a rats ass about.
>>
>>389848989
I would have agreed until they actually made FFXV, at which point I'm very much against them making new games if that's what we get.
>>
>>389848989
Not until they release another twenty expansions on 15. 16 won't be out until 2025.
>>
>>389846518
Because edgy is in and it doesn't get much edgier than deliberately spreading cancer.
>>
>>389847187
not a 3d one like FFVII
>>
>>389849153

FFXV was a mess, but don't throw your panties in a twist because of one entry that had one hell of a dev cycle. Or, I guess you want shitty remakes of older games, then? Which you won't be happy about either, because the same team that made FFXV will be touching several other products SE makes.

I'd rather take new shitty games that have a chance to be golden rather than new shitty remakes that can only be golden because they are replicating a previous success.
>>
>>389847875
VI kind of has that typical JRPG problem where it drags it's feet a bit before letting you loose on some of the core features of the game. Once you get magicite it starts picking up the pace.
>>
>>389846518
I don't know about the other stuff but
>why not VIII
Because the story was godawful.
>>
>>389850267
>tfw the FFVIIR is using the FFXV engine
i fear for it, and if this flops i will probably drop the series until they make another good game and convince me to actually play it
>>
It would be better if companies stopped making remakes and actually put their heart into new IP. Crazy concept, I know. Everything these days is just a fucking revenue model with little pieces of game glued to it.
>>
>>389847987
Well, it's comfy as hell, at least until disc 2.
>>
>>389847987
9 was good because it had less gun-blades and flying schools. Other than that it was pretty forgettable. It was just adequate.
>>
FFVII episode 1: midgar, ends when you finish midgar

FFVII episode 2: the chase. Ends in the northren cave.

FFVII episode 3: Meteor. last episode.
>>
>>389850568
>FFVIIR is using the FFXV engine
It isn't though, well for all we know at least. Unless they switched again, then it'll just be another V13 all over again. Engine switch, progress reset, dev hell, game comes out on next console gen
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.