[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>friend comes to visit my house under the pretense that we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: zelda1-02.gif (14KB, 480x440px) Image search: [Google]
zelda1-02.gif
14KB, 480x440px
>friend comes to visit my house under the pretense that we were, and now I'm quoting, "finna make the best album since Andy Warhol"
>arrives, first words to me are "shut up fag" as I try to hug him
>I wake up and he plays Doom/Doom II, Alex Kidd and Soulcalibur on my XO because he has a fear of unpacking his computer (nevertheless he installed Brink during that one Steam free weekend on one of my PCs)
>every day I wake up I find him playing games
>almost no input
>unpacks his PS3 - doesn't even play that (I would have played DeS at the very least)
>is triggered only by vidya based discussions
>has to go home later due to being homesick instead of job hunting (still never full unpacked)

Partially my fault but it's going on my thesis: "Living with 4chan, chapter IV: /v/ on your couch for a week".

He played a lot of DMC: DMC too, I guess because it's not on Steam. I personally have zero interest in playing that game at all.

To be fair, he had shit going on at home and was fighting off an infection, but I found it a little staggering towards the end.

Anyways, this is NOT a blog post. it's a warning. DO NOT EVER PLAY ALEX KIDD IN MIRACLE WORLD. I firmly now believe that game kills brain cells faster than the voice acting from SOTN.

>the also/tl;dr interesting bit

He was willing to take me up on a bet possibly. I posted a thread in his words about how he believes an adult could not beat the original Zelda without a guide. I think if you gave me even six weeks, I could do it, and I remember fuck all about it. Opinions? I know I'd be checking a lot of tilesets.
>>
OH YEAH the funny part. Guy hates Xbox more than I do.

Considers getting a One (S? X? IDK) just to play 4K blu-rays...which is like a total MS pulling a Sony.
>>
>>389839081
I donĀ“t know what the fuck you are talking about, but zelda 1 is a nice game. Maybe great when I can finish it.
>>
>>389839151
i've thought about getting one for that reason at times, but the biggest deterrent is that there are fuckall actual 4K movies on 4K bluray. it is almost entirely 2K upscales, even for new movies.
i'd totally buy one if more japanese 360 games were compatible with it though since it's easier to buy an xbone locally than to import a 360 from the moon. where's muh idolmaster microsoft?
>>
>>389839172
I'm talking about how it was really surreal to have a prolific 4chan poster live with me.

But really the point is that towards the end, with everything he said about MS (who I HATE), he's like "maybe I'll get the [Scorpio] so I can watch T2 in 4K"/the Zelda thing. Just came off so funny to me, the inconsistencies.

And all apologies if he sees this; he was also triggered by political discussions, though it was partly my fault.
>>
>>389839295
He's a huge Jim fan.

We watched T2:3D.

That enough is like alone for him until there's more. I doubt he'd play many games (though his brother would as he has a PS4 and would be happy to have both consoles).
>>
>>389839295
Also, you'll get it.

Last I talked to Naganuma, backcompat being now EVERY Xbox game in existence as a possibility, JSRF sits at the top of the list after Crimson Skies. Then there's MechAssault and whatnot and eventually some more 360.
>>
>>389839506
frankly every xbox game being compatible is what i expect, xbone and xbox are the same architecture unlike 360.
it will kinda suck to have to find physical copies of games that aren't sold anymore, like JSRF.
also, i hope there's some sort of enhancements over the original, like running at higher resolutions at least. if it just plays everything at 480p i don't feel very compelled to buy a shiny new $300 xbone instead of a $15 xbox at goodwill.
>>
>>389839081
What the fuck is this mess of a blogpost of a thread?
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 480x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 480x247px
>>389839081
>>
File: s99_osaka_tennoji_by_manaita.png (240KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
s99_osaka_tennoji_by_manaita.png
240KB, 480x640px
>>389839709
Unless MS fucks up (so, high probability, but maybe not), the new one should be able to basically emulate everything with better performance tenfold. That is assuming they take the time.

For some reason Lollipop Chainsaw and The Darkness are still not backcompat. While the former I could play on my 360/PS3 (if I get it working), The Darkness really needs it because they've actually been able to get some games to run BETTER through the emulator and The Darkness at 30 consistent would be fine by me. Long ago accepted there would be no PC port.

Also, guess I inadvertandly started Lollipop Chainsaw's backcompat when I mentioned it. Guy said it was pushed to the side but people wanted it expedited. Late October/early November or something.

Though like my friend said, if you bought an XO to replace your 360, you're a fucking retard and you shouldn't have sold that shit along with half your library and all your SHMUPS.

Also, feel kind a sense of pity for those who now have to buy Final Fantas- I meany Lost Odyssey XIII- I mean Lost Odyssey. Not a cheap used game.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 321x141px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 321x141px
>>389839081
>>
>>389839776

If you had read the greentext, the real post is whether or not anyone thinks my friend's comment about an adult (with no memory/vague memories of the game) and no walkthroughs could beat Zelda I within...say a 2 month time frame, no walkthroughs.

(I did it before, he just says it's so difficult he'd be willing to possibly take me up on that bet).
>>
>>389840157

Many mixed signals, SnaaaaakE.
>>
>>389840109
i have limited sympathy for anyone that doesn't have lost odyssey considering they gave it away for free last year.
as far as games with poor performance i'd love to see sonic '06 and unleashed become compatible, but they're probably as low as low priority can be.
>>
>>389839709
I don't think I'm supposed to say this but Crimson Skies (which came later) is (exempting sprites) supposedly 1080p/16:9. Older games might remain the typical 480p/720p upscale.
>>
>>389840494
i just remembered another game i'm excited for, the warriors. the xbox version was the best version of the game and ran at 720p, but it wasn't 360 compatible. even released as-is that would be great.
>>
File: qEEyq0L (1).jpg (373KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
qEEyq0L (1).jpg
373KB, 1280x1024px
>>389840402
I remember telling everyone while they were hyped for Final Fantasy LMCXIVIII or whatever that there was a far better Final Fantasy game and that they should pick it up on the day it was made backcompat before prices skyrocket. Couple friends listened.

Then ~17 friends on my list said something along the lines of "I'm so sorry" after they returned that POS and ended up paying more than they should have for LO.

Just yet another reminder.

Take a long glare.

You know it fits a googleplex more.
>>
>>389840651
Because of the streaming thing (and the emulator exploit they don't want you to know about), you would be very surprised what game is on the list. It's not high up, but it's there.

From the OG Xbox.

Hint: reactors online/all ten trillion peripheral buttons nominal.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.