[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>platform exclusivity Why is this a thing again? You don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

>platform exclusivity
Why is this a thing again? You don't see companies restricting certain movies to their own DVD/blu-ray players
>>
*titters*

Oh, my sweet summer child. Your naivety both amuses and disgusts me.
>>
but companies did try that.
>>
>>389837630
>Why is this a thing
Because they can and it brings them money
>>
>>389837630
>You don't see companies restricting certain movies to their own DVD/blu-ray players
That's a shitty analogy.
There's like hundreds of brands of DVD/BD players.
Also remember HD-DVD before that one died?
https://www.engadget.com/2014/06/07/format-wars-blu-ray-vs-hd-dvd/
Exclusive content means you can steer people who want to consume said content towards your platform, getting more money from them in the future.
>>
>>389837630
Nintendo is a likely candidate for "Elephant in the Room"
>>
Because companies like Nintendo make money off of hardware,
>>
>>389838003
That would have been a LOT of fucking petitions
>>
>>389838003
Jokes on you, I have a PS4 and it's the least used thing in the house

It's an underwhelming piece of hardware, I should have not bought it and used the difference to fund a faster VR headset
>>
>>389837630
>You don't see companies restricting certain movies to their own DVD/blu-ray players
what is a ps3
>>
>>389837630
I'm sure they tried. It's only accepted in video games because it's been the norm for so long.
>>
>>389838003
too much ass
>>
File: sony_ces_2013_4k_ultra_hd_2.jpg (616KB, 1800x1241px) Image search: [Google]
sony_ces_2013_4k_ultra_hd_2.jpg
616KB, 1800x1241px
>>
>>389837630
>netflix 4k requires kaby lake and microsoft edge which is win10 exclusive
>occulus rift tried exclusive bullshit with facebook
>telstra secured a deal with HBO that kicked game of thrones off itunes post season 3 in aus
>disney removing all its movies from netflix
And we have yet to see what they are about to do to the internet now that net neutrality is forsaken
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.