[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I already know why this game isn't as much fun as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: cover.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
I think I already know why this game isn't as much fun as med2. Shorter, railroaded campaigns, and not punishing player for using autoresolve, and skill tree. you can finish a campaign in a weekend while my poland campaign in Stainless steel lasts for few weeks still ongoing. replenishment mechanic benefit a lot to that because you can replenish all your army back to full strength as long as you don't lose whole regiment. it also reduces worth of individual soldier. In med 2 you can only retrain units by training more soldiers of same type. Also limiting recruitment of the same unit prevents doomstacks and forces variety.
Whole campaign can be won using auto-resole. I usually play around 3-6 battles per campaign because why to make a hassle of playing battle yourself when you have auto-resolve insta-win. In Med2 I already fouht myself countless battles. There should be some debuffs for player while auto resolving to actually have some reason to play battles.
Skill tree is just misunderstanding. Majority of skills are shared between all characters so I usually end up taking same stuff for everyone.

>muh variety and different factions
differences are mainly in look, campaign mechanics and having access to different units. while I'll give you first two, unit wise it just means that some stuff is stronger and some weaker, and around that you must base your playstyle.
So bretonnia has god-tier cavalry? Just like poland in med2
dwarves have no cavalry and base their armies around infantry and artillery? scotland
>>
>>389835036
I find it more fun then med 2, the different in the way the units look its a big deal for me. Fantasy is just cool.
>>
>>389835036
There's too much story and too many restrictions in Warhammer based on what race you're playing, and I don't like that.
>>
>>389836092
I know what you are talking about. I like how in med 2 or even empire I see buildings getting bigger. Too bad that since Rome 2 there is just a symbol
>>
Med 2 is shit and feeling almost unplayable compared to newer titles.

People just nostalgia hard but the map is a mess, and the combat sucks.
>>
>>389837705
>combat sucks
>engine that allow for interaction between multiple units at the same time is worse than warshit
>>
File: Tomb Kings still not announced.jpg (16KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Kings still not announced.jpg
16KB, 475x347px
>>389835036
>Stainless steel

That's becuase unmodded med 2 is a steaming pile of broken shit and you know it. Vanilla med 2 is worse in every way to Wam Ham.
>>
>>389838337
that's right. Fortunately there are countless of mods. Can same be said about warhammer?
>>
>>389838435
yes
>>
>>389838484
name few
>>
>>389838435

Warhammer has a lot of mods yes. Even Attila will eventually have enough overhaul mods to make med 2 completely redundant.
>>
File: mods.png (17KB, 282x266px) Image search: [Google]
mods.png
17KB, 282x266px
>>389838538
how many do you want
>>
File: 1443828014526.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443828014526.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>389835036

If med 2 is so great why do you need to play it with an overhaul mod?

Most of your complaints for warhammer can be solved with mods for that game also. Comparing a modded game to a vanilla game makes you sound like a retard.
>>
>>389838645
And how many of them are actually worthwile? You know, Just beacuse you made a reskin or a new map doesn't mean shit. Third age, call of warhammer, Hyrule, Stainless steel are only few I can name and they are major overhauls of the game
>>
>>389838895
Overhauls sucks, it's better to use few independent mods. And there is a lot of good mods.
>>
>>389838895

Warhammer doesn't need total overhauls because the vanilla is actually interesting and fun. Attila is a better base game then med 2 and has total overhaul mods. Only nostalgia fags still play med 2.
>>
>>389837705
It's the mods. Newer games don't have the same potential for a complete overhaul anymore, even if it's the same period they want to revamp. Even years later the best Rome 2 mods are just a plaster over a wound.
Newer games would benefit from map modding 100% but they don't provide it anymore.

Granted Warhammer is a bit different so I don't count it as the same as the others. I don't feel the need to look at game changing mods for that one at all.
>>
>>389839356
>Newer games would benefit from map modding 100% but they don't provide it anymore.
IIRC CA never provided any map modding tools. Unchecked autism of their fanbase created tools for Rome 1 which they then transferred for Medieval 2. Problem is they can't create such tools for warscape
>They will never fix Empire campaign map
Feels bad man
>>
File: 1494769125392.jpg (46KB, 680x629px) Image search: [Google]
1494769125392.jpg
46KB, 680x629px
>>389835036
>Shogun 2 and Rome 2 finally did away with your general being an unstoppable force of death and destruction
>Warhammer brings it back
What were they thinking?
>>
>>389839546
You ever played a wargame?
Sure named characters were over priced in 8th but thats because they were bonkers in 6th (some were still broken in 8th).
Have you seen rowboats and mortarian's stats?
>>
>>389839536
They provided something for Shogun 2 I believe. Don't think they were proper map modding tools but something happened anyway.
>>
>>389839625
I know that tabletop Warhammer was all about death stars, but I think it doesn't translate that well into TWW
>>
Total War Warhammer is a great game. The reasona majority of /v/ "disliked" it was because they couldnt pirate it for the longest time
>>
>>389840206
What is even the point of getting yellow skills if there are red ones?
>>
>>389840309
Why not both?

>>389840206
The only time I've ever had a problem with generals is when the ai attacks a tiny garrison and it alawys gets down to the half hp lord and 3 units of spearman that have no hope of beating him before they break.
>>
>>389835036
Battles are the best in the franchise but ye, campaign got worse every game from then.
>>
>>389835036
This guy explains why entirely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuleBkrRfjI
>>
Skaven and lizardudes tho
>>
>>389837994
>engine expert
no you faggot. The engine is superior to med 2 in every fucking way.
>>389838556
Attila won't ever have custom campaign maps.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.