[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic CD is the most overrated game in the entire series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Sonic-CD.png (1003KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-CD.png
1003KB, 1000x625px
Sonic CD is the most overrated game in the entire series.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>389831339
That's not Adventure 2.
>>
Frick you you fricking frick
>>
Too busy enjoying the wacky workbench past theme to worry about this.
>>
>>389831339
I think the Sonic Advance games deserve that a lot more.

The levels get stupid fucking long really early on, the graphical direction is ugly,the music is pretty mediocre and there's no unique gimmick to the main game aside from how many characters there are.

But you'll still get tons of fags saying they're great.
>>
>>389831339
Sonic 2 is more, Sonic CD is generally split since a lot hate it's level design (especially Wacky Workbench) while others enjoy it.
>>
Most of the praise is for everything but the level design. So many fucking good ideas held back by level designers that didn't know how to implement it all.
>>
>>389831339

I tried playing this game. I honsetly don't even get it. It seems really, really hard to build up good speed to travel through time, and you only have a few seconds to do it. You have to be lucky enough to find a spring/boost with enough space to be un-interrupted. Also, once you're in the past, finding the machine to destroy is hard as hell as it could be fucking anywhere
>>
>>389831339
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Master System)
Sonic Chaos
Sonic 3D Blast
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic R
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Advance 3
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Rush
Sonic Riders
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic Rivals
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic Rivals 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
Sonic Colors
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
Sonic Lost World
Sonic Boom
Sonic Runners
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
Sonic Runners Adventure
>>
>>389832625
>I think the Sonic Advance games deserve that a lot more.
Its only Advance 1 thats overrated. Its pretty common for 2 and 3 to get shat on.
>>
>>389831339
Sonic Rush is the most overrated, IMO. Boost mechanics don't belong in a 2D Sonic. Some of the level design is worse than the advance games and CD. The repetitive as fuck music is grating.
>>
>>389831339
How can it be overrated when everyone hates it?
>>
>>389834017
Music is arguably its only quality.
>>
>>389831339
Not from the entire series, but from the classics it is.

I remember that someone told me that CD was better than S3&K and I finally decided to play it.

>only sonic playable
>no super sonic
>spindash is trash
>super peelout is barely better

Apart from that the game is good except for the shit final boss and wacky workbench, that level is pure shit, it was never good enough to compete with S3&K
>>
>>389834017

Everyone says Rush is better than Rush Adventure, but Rush Adventure is way more creative in it's levels and less dickish. The sailing can be a bummer, but even then it's not that bad.

I'd say SA2 was the most overrated until a few years back. A lot more people dislike it now. I'd say Advance 1 is now - it's a good game, but it's pretty bland and the levels after the beautiful Ice Mountain (easily the best stage in the game personally) are super boring.
>>
File: Boss_2_Bad_Future.png (8KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Boss_2_Bad_Future.png
8KB, 320x224px
>>389831339
But you're correct
>>
>>389834187
Yeah, I always liked Rush Adventure's level design and bosses more. The level settings were mostly more original, and fit the story, too.
>>
>>389831339
Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. I perrsonally found them boring. And classic sonic in Generations felt way off to me.
>>
>>389831339
Factually wrong. These days, most sonic kiddies dislike the game because it's not all about going fast and contains too many frustrating elements (read: challenge).

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the most overrated game in the series. While still a good game, it has far too many problems that people (mostly under 30 types who didn't play it when it first released) gloss over when circlejerking over it. Not limited to the fact that it's concentration on long, drawn-out stages of nonstop speed with very few obstacles in your path makes for a very, very mind-numbing and decidedly dull experience.
>>
>>389831339
It's the worst classic era 2D title. It opts for exploration over speed and platforming which it doesn't do very well. It's still a decent game though, just the weakest. And obviously the soundtracks are probably some of the best.
>>
>>389836032
>It opts for exploration over speed and platforming
Yeah but 1 opts for none of those so it's easily the worst.
>>
I honestly don't get the love for classic Sonic. The games are fucking boring as hell. Whenever I try to play them, makes me wish I was playing a platformer with more precise controls. Also, despite the emphasis on speed, I feel like the games are dreadfully slow most of the time.
>>
>>389836129
Yeah I guess I never considered 1
>>
>>389834685

Rush Adventure has arguably some of the best bosses in the franchise.
>>
>>389836148
That's because you're not very good. Like seriously.
>>
>>389834187
Rush adventure was shit. Rush was even shitter.
>>
>>389835669
>long, drawn-out stages of nonstop speed with very few obstacles in your path
This isn't describing S3&K. A few levels, maybe.
>very, very mind-numbing and decidedly dull experience.
Oh come the fuck on.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.