[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once again /v/ was wrong. >Plenty of content despite people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 19

File: Destiny 2.jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny 2.jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
Once again /v/ was wrong.

>Plenty of content despite people complaining there is nothing to do
>LFG system so it's easy to set up strikes/raids
>Public events are constantly up
>Interesting side quests
>Nice scenery and music

I will admit the story is somewhat lackluster, and I don't care for the fact that a lot of bosses are just bullet sponges. Really that's my only issue with the game, and people complaining about the shaders are retarded. I personally don't really care about shaders, and while the game DOES have micro-transactions that let you just buy engrams with real money, it doesn't mean you HAVE to do that.

You can still get exotic and legendary equipment by grinding for it, personally I think it's retarded to spend money to get loot faster. Why even play the game if you aren't going to grind for the gear like most people? Defeats the purpose and excitement of grinding for new loot in the first place. All in all I'm having a blast, and this is coming from someone who didn't play the first Destiny, so maybe that's why I'm giving it such high props, I know people who played the first one said this one is just like the first one so I can see why they might not like this one since it might feel copy and pasted.
>>
>user score 6.1
>/v/ was wrong! ..E.. everyone loves it!
>>
>>389830593
>Going off Metacritic
>Listening to personal reviews left by people who probably didn't even play it

I never said "everyone" loves it, you're just implying shit. What I'm saying is people are complaining about shit that I don't understand, like how there is no content yet I think there is plenty to do. I just now beat the main story, and I still have plenty side missions, strikes, challenges, etc. to do as well. The biggest complaints I've seen have to do with

Micro-transactions
Shaders
Lack of content

That's the big 3, and frankly none of those bother me. If people want to pay real money for engrams, then that's on them. And as I already said I think there is plenty of content to do.I didn't play the first Destiny, and like I said I understand if people played the first Destiny and this one just seems copy and pasted over, but I didn't play the first one and I'm having a blast with this one.
>>
>>389831026
Microtransactions in full price games are cancer. It already got worse when a feature that wasn't monetized in the first game is now nickel-and-dimed. Micro purchases only need to entice a small fraction to be successful while inconveniencing everyone else. I mean if you didn't give a fuck about shaders you'd prefer your loot crate not drop them so yeah it does affect you.
>>
>>389831026
>Micro-transactions
>Shaders
>Lack of content
You forgot
>No private matches
>No rumble
>Even less build variety than the first game
>>
>>389831818
Really I don't even understand why people are upset about shaders, I think it has something to do with the fact that they have limited uses and you can't unlock them permanently. And I guess it also limits what gets dropped from chests, because like you said you're just gonna keep getting shaders that you don't care about, nor want.

I suppose it does affect me in that sense, but I'm not going to say it ruins the entire game for me like most of the people are saying. I mean, really. If something like that completely ruins the game for you then I wouldn't suggest these people play games like this in the first place.
>>
>plenty of content
like what
>>
>>389830249
>this is coming from someone who didn't play the first Destiny
wasted so much of my time reading this
>>
>>389830249
>$5 have been transferred to your account.
>>
File: 1482325819380.png (443KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
1482325819380.png
443KB, 960x948px
Finished the campaign the other night

I guarantee if I had been playing solo I would have quit 3 hours in, CHRIST the gameplay is fucking dull

It opens up a lot once you beat the campaign but the slog to get there is just awful
>>
>>389831984
>>Even less build variety than the first game

I don't really care for PvP, so that doesn't really bother me that much. I play PvE content, and I guess builds can affect PvE content like in raids or something.

>>No rumble
That's your personal complaint, I frankly never once cared about rumble in video games. Never even crossed my mine to list that as a con in Destiny 2, so as I said that is on you.

>>389832054
Did you even play the game/own it? It has plenty to do.

>Lost-sectors
>Adventures (Side quests)
>Treasure hunting
>Challenges
>Strikes
>PvP
>Public events

And in terms of side quests I'd say there is at least a good 30 or so missions not related to the main story that you can do, possibly more, I don't really know since I haven't done them all yet. I digress, I PERSONALLY feel the game has plenty of content. Just because the main story is only 7-8 hours long doesn't really mean the game is trash, if you wanted a long main story then you should have bought a JRPG with 60-100 hours worth of content.

>>389832150
I suppose I could have just said something like "Only people who didn't play the first one will like this one, since they have nothing to compare it to."

But I've seen people who played the first and said the second one is even better, guess it's just boiled down to personal preference.
>>
>>389831984
>no rumble

is my controller just broken then?
cause mine rumbles a lot during this game
>>
>>389832235
OP here, I played the entire main story by myself and had a blast. Aside from doing the public events with other players, but all the side missions, main story missions and what not I've been doing by myself and it hasn't bothered me at all. As I said I just don't like how some bosses are bullet sponges, have to unload like 500 bullets into some of them before they die unless you blast them with a rocket launcher for a shit ton of damage.
>>
File: henkin.jpg (11KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
henkin.jpg
11KB, 480x480px
"I'm having fun, so the game is objectively good"

thanks for your stunning insight OP, I wish my standards were as low as yours
>>
>>389830249
I must say, I've only played for about 5 hours so far, but the music has been breathtaking so far. It's the last thing I expected to come out enjoying as much as I do, but it really sets the tone for any area and is a joy to play while listening to it.
>>
File: 1470643711578.gif (2MB, 308x267px) Image search: [Google]
1470643711578.gif
2MB, 308x267px
>>389830249
>days before release
>content gets leaked and hate threads get made left and right
>expected it to have less content than vanilla D1 with an even shorter campaign
>was not disappointed
>fun story missions including adventures
>constant loot that felt missing in first game
>fun quests to earn exotics
>better campaign on par with Taken King with personality and improved lore/world building aside from the shit villain
Literally was tricked by this board into hating this game
>>
File: ohanon.png (92KB, 331x166px) Image search: [Google]
ohanon.png
92KB, 331x166px
>>389832314
>>
>>389832451
fuck off already shill
>fun
>fun
>better

You'll have to try better than generic sweeping statements
>>
File: norumble.png (475KB, 855x701px) Image search: [Google]
norumble.png
475KB, 855x701px
>>389832245
>That's your personal complaint
Anon...
>>
>>389831026
>lack of content
>doesnt bother me
Holy shit what a fucking cuck
>>
>>389832390
Same could be said for something you liked and I might say is boring, it's all personal preference.

>>389832676
>Likes the game
>Must be a shill because he isn't part of the hivemind

You're what is wrong with /v/, you know just because you and 90% of people on /v/ hated the game doesn't mean the 10% of us left can't enjoy/like it. Hell, I think No Man Sky is horse-shit in a burning dumpster, and yet people still play it, people really love it and think it's a 10/10 game. You don't see me bashing them.
>>
>>389832775
>This many people have an issue with games not having a rumble feature

Was it autism? I never knew this was a thing, do so many people really not like a game having a rumble feature? Jesus Christ, that's pathetic.

>>389832857
>Cuck meme word

Good job, you get a gold star on the refrigerator.
>>
File: 1497131082497.jpg (55KB, 378x566px) Image search: [Google]
1497131082497.jpg
55KB, 378x566px
>>389832676
>s-stop enjoying something please!
>points out obvious quality improvements compared to the shit launch of the first game
>this makes me a shill
Classic /v/
>>
File: eh.png (71KB, 287x381px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
71KB, 287x381px
>>389833020
>do so many people really not like a game having a rumble feature?
Am I being baited?
>>
File: i disbelieve you.png (27KB, 326x160px) Image search: [Google]
i disbelieve you.png
27KB, 326x160px
>>389830249
>boss are just bullet sponges
Unless you're shit at the game at doesn't even take more than 5 minutes to beat a boss - hell it takes me on average 1 - 3 minutes to kill a boss.
>>
>>389833150
No, you're not. I just have never cared if a game had a rumble feature, nor have I ever met someone who mentioned it to me in person. I didn't realize it was such a common thing, considering nobody has mentioned it around me. I've known a lot of people who played a lot of video games of all different genres, and in their critiques not once did they say "Oh it doesn't have a rumble feature so It's bad."

That's why I find it so strange that people really got that mad that a game didn't have a rumble feature.

>>389833193
I never said it didn't take me more than 5 minutes to kill a boss, my point is that it shouldn't, 5 minutes feels too long to me.

>>389833081
Well I didn't play the first one, you did, and clearly you didn't like it so you have a reason not to like the sequel. I didn't play the first one, so I have nothing to compare it to and I'm enjoying Destiny 2.

Why is that hard to understand, not everyone played the first game, so people who like Destiny 2 but didn't play the first one are shills because they're enjoying something that not everyone else likes? Okay, great.
>>
>game has so much content guys!!!
>game has no raids
>>
File: rumble.png (67KB, 867x560px) Image search: [Google]
rumble.png
67KB, 867x560px
>>389833601
>No, you're not. I just have never cared if a game had a rumble feature
For fucks sake anon
>>
>>389833601
>5 minutes to kill a boss is too long
>>
>>389833928
And I was suppose to know that, how? I didn't play the first Destiny, clearly you didn't read my opening post. I specifically stated I had never played the first Destiny, so I thought you were talking about a Rumble feature on a controller.

Frankly I see this more as your fault than mine, if you had read my opening post you would know that I would have NO IDEA what the fuck "Rumble" meant in that context. Also PvP is horse-shit anyway, so I still don't really care that a specific PvP mode wasn't included in the sequel. I suppose if all you played was PvP and you were into that then of course that would upset people.
>>
>>389830249
testu
>>
File: 1498124560313.png (207KB, 499x458px) Image search: [Google]
1498124560313.png
207KB, 499x458px
>>389833601
>and clearly you didn't like it so you have a reason not to like the sequel
>so people who like Destiny 2 but didn't play the first one are shills because they're enjoying something that not everyone else likes? Okay, great
Go back and see who you're replying to, kid. I clearly implied that I enjoyed both games.
>>
File: 1486631392215.png (149KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1486631392215.png
149KB, 510x346px
They're putting the bare minimum work in and just riding off the hype at this point, and if the game starts to capsize they'll just add more strikes, pvp modes and other shit people complain about in expansions. It's real fucking slimy, but that's the way the cookie crumbles nowadays.
>>
Where the fuck was The Reef and Queens Army? Why didn't we ask Variks for help or you know Iron Lord himself. D2 is a fucking mess of a story and Ghaul was joke. Copy pasta of same shit but better graphics.
>>
File: 1258971796990.jpg (12KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1258971796990.jpg
12KB, 200x150px
Oh look a shill.
>>
File: Seriously.png (482KB, 903x767px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.png
482KB, 903x767px
>>389834297
>And I was suppose to know that, how?
What the fuck did you think FFA stood for? Have you never played a multiplayer game before? I mean holy shit anon, I guess I apologize for assuming that you didn't need me to babysit you for the entire thread.
>>
>>389832451
>>389833081
>>389834103
>>389833193

>35 posts
>18 unique IDs

so it's a shill posts and replies to everyone else trying to promote the game thread again
>>
>>389830593
to be fair some of those 1/10 reviews go like this:

>great music, artdesign and gunplay
>mediocre story but it get´s the job done
>basically the same game but more polished

this for me personally would make it a 7/10 so a good but not great game.

but: it has totally optional microtransactions nobody uses

1/10 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1454302594250.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1454302594250.gif
3MB, 257x212px
>>389830249
>>Plenty of content despite people complaining there is nothing to do

Uh huh, just like the first game, right?

Tell me, what are all these things you can do that you won't burn through instantly?

Tell me how this game doesn't extremely quickly just boil down to farming loot drops.
>>
>>389832245
i played the first one (collectors edition with all dlc) and a like this one. maybe it´s because i actually play with people in a clan this time but i´m having fun so far. the only thing bothering me so far are two things:

>lack of builds (fixable with updates/exotic perks or exotic mods)
>different character models and armors that make the warlock look like a sissy.

but as i said i´m havin fun
>>
>>389832390
where did he say objectively?

all i´m reading is: "i´m having fun, what´s the big deal?"
>>
>>389836049
i made 3 posts. if only half of those 18 unique id´s do that the numbers perfectly fine.
>>
File: 1492895504455.jpg (35KB, 564x428px) Image search: [Google]
1492895504455.jpg
35KB, 564x428px
CAN YOU EVEN SPOT A MARKETER /v/
THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED FOR POSTING ON /v/ MULTIPLE TIMES
holy fucking shit you're retarded, don't fall again for their bait
>>
>>389830249
>>Interesting side quests
"Go here, scan this, kill trash mobs"
So much interesting design.
>>
I preordered the pc version and I'm looking forward to playing it
>>
>>389830249
I got it for free and it's alright, I'd probably have buyer's remorse if I had paid for it though.
>>
File: 1467375894003.jpg (25KB, 231x340px) Image search: [Google]
1467375894003.jpg
25KB, 231x340px
>>389830249
>plenty of content
>17 story missions
>5 strikes
>1 raid
Fool me once
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.