[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what did you think? Was it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Mass-Effect-Andromeda-VR.jpg (336KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mass-Effect-Andromeda-VR.jpg
336KB, 1920x1080px
Now that the dust has settled, what did you think? Was it worth playing?
>>
File: MEA.png (325KB, 574x562px) Image search: [Google]
MEA.png
325KB, 574x562px
>>389830118
I wouldn't buy it again at least not for the original price
>>
I bought it and got bored halfway through, haven't touched it again.

First mass effect game where this happened for me
>>
>>389830118
No. Couldn't be bothered to finish it. Same with Inquisition.
>>
Pretty much what I thought, thanks you turds
>>
>>389830118
I enjoyed it. Still have a soft spot for the franchise. Disappointed how they treated the series this go around. Anthem is not worth what they did to Andromeda
>>
>>389830118
It couldn't hold my interest. It just seemed off. It had qualities of a decent game, but felt like whatever it was that made the original trilogy good was missing. There was no reason to be attached to the characters or story. I couldn't care less about their struggle and its resolution. I don't really know though, maybe games just don't appeal to me as much as when I was younger, maybe I've changed. I'm only human after all.
>>
>>389832598
It's you. The first Mass Effect was something new and fresh. You became enamored with them and their story because it was something that was never quite the same before. Andromeda did its best to capture the feel of the first but it couldn't recreate that magic because you've been through three games of it already.
>>
Dropped it after the 15th hour and I get went back to it.
>>
>>389830118
I rented it and it wasn't all bad honestly but it deserved the hate.
>>
>>389833179
No it didn't. Given all the limitations Montreal faced making Andromeda, they still managed to make a good game. Bioware Edmonton deserved the hate because they decided to dump more resources into their new IP instead of their existing already popular one
>>
File: 1504997552614.gif (292KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1504997552614.gif
292KB, 500x335px
>>389833461
Yes they did, andromeda looks awful and mass effect was ruined. You can try to differentiate between the studio all you want but it's still ME flagshipped by EA AND looked like piss. Those fucks literally lied to the fans and spat in their faces with 3. And then had the audacity to put out another game that looked like garbage and way behind what CDPR can do. They thought people would eat it up and were promptly shit on. One of the greatest justices in gaming.
>>
>>389833461
ME's reputation was already ruined after ME3, ditching it and making a new sci-fi franchise was the best decision they could've done.

Making a Destiny clone was a terrible one, game is going to sell like shit and this will probably be the death of a few Bioware studios.
>>
ok scifi game with bad writing as whole now that the worst bugs are fixed but terrible sequel/soft reboot
>>
>>389833981
You're only supporting the statement
>>
>>389830118
First of all, for reference. I liked Dragon Age Inquisition a lot, this should inform you about my shit taste.

I hated a lot of Andromeda, every cutscene (besides hotdogging cora) was poorly animated, poorly written and most were poorly voice acted.
There were positive points too, the exploration was cool and the planets were breathtaking at times.
But besides the dialogue, the story itself was just a shitshow, it didn't know where it wanted to go and there were various moments where I could not fathom how a certain plan of action or set of objectives could possibly be a logical course of action. Furthermore, the ending did not pay off in the slightest.

I play Bioware games for Story and Characters first and foremost. This game failed on both of those fronts.

That being said, had they been given time and money to properly write a story, hire good writers and animators and gain more experience, I think this could have been a good game. But they didn't and it isn't.
>>
>>389830118
i forgot that game even existed until this post
>>
>>389833034
Or it could be the fault of bad writing. Why care for characters, who speak and behave like they're coming straight out of a sitcom? Why care for their struggle, when it's only artificial and could be solved with just a little bit of logical thinking? Why care about a game in Andromeda, when the writers can't even properly explain why and how we're there?
>>
>>389830118
It's the only Bioware game since before Mass Effect that I didn't bother finishing. The combat grew stale, the characters were annoying, Ryder was a beta pussy, the RPG aspects were reduced to shit, literally zero consequences to the things you do, it reeked of a low budget game.

Even DA2 is better, at least Hawke is a fun character to roleplay as.
>>
>>389834338
>worst bugs are fixed
>there are still multiple game breaking bugs during the main mission
>there's still a bug, where you can't enter the Tempest once you landed on a planet
>there's still a quest which never triggers
>still can't get an achievement on PC, because they forgot to implement additional controls for the Nomad

It's still a mess, even if you ignore smaller bugs.
>>
>>389834691
Informative, thanks.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.