[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destiny 2: is it just marketing and hype culture, or is the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 17

Destiny 2: is it just marketing and hype culture, or is the game actually good? With 60$ worth of content, unlike the first game?
I love the lore and setting, but the first game was distinctly lacking in both lore and content.

Candid opinions, please
>>
>>389827743
It's alright. Comfy grindy fun. Better if you have friends/a consistent group to play with (in-built clan function can help with that). Game's got a good aesthetic about it, good music, good visuals, GREAT sound design (all the guns sound baller). I'd say it's worth the 60 bucks of admission compared to the first game. As to whether it'll be worth essentially paying the "subscription" fee to keep up with the DLC remains to be seen, but that's for another time.
>>
Come on /v/ I KNOW you've got stuff to say about this game
>>
I'm curious too, OP, I'm sat here right now on the fence. I never played the first one but always wanted to, now I have the disposable income I'm tempted by 2...
>>
>>389827743
It's not good alone, and it's not very fun with randos.

The mechanics are sound, the formula is solid. But the game is an experience more than a challenge. It's something you want to share with friends you already have. Which explains why /v/ hates the game so much and consider it boring/empty. It's not meant to play by yourself or to autistically grind for the best loot. It's meant to play with your buds, take in the music, events, aesthetics, and story and just have a good time with friends.

It's basically a visual novel tailored to your life.
>>
>>389828979
Currently I'm of the opinion that it's just launchtime buzz, and people will begin to realize their discontent with the game soon.

I think for undecided people like us it's better to wait for the DLC edition they'll inevitably release down the line. More content, lower price, and no real disadvantage from waiting?
>>
I'd get it but from what I've seen it just looks like Destiny 2.0 with no improvements on the exploration and solo PvE aspects.

Also, micro-transactions.
>>
>>389829149
The amount of content is not worth the money, and waiting for the DLC is not smart, and you're going to feel cheated. Everything pre-DLC is irrelevant, and almost no one wants to do the old stuff. You'll fly past it all in a couple hours.

Destiny is an expensive game. If you don't want to buy the 80 version with the season pass, or shell out the money as each DLC comes out, don't bother. It is worth the money in terms of quality, and only find you have friends to do it with. It is never worth the money in terms of quantity.
>>
File: DoNotWant.gif (3MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
DoNotWant.gif
3MB, 500x375px
>>389828370
>comfy grindy fun
>all the guns sound baller
>>
>>389829306
So the content isn't worth the money but you're recommending I buy it now and pay the most amount of money?

I am very confused
>>
>>389829497
No. I'm recommending that if you are not prepared to spend alot of money on this game, or you do not have friends to play it with, that you do not get it.

Seriously. Reading comprehension. You should probably learn it.
>>
>>389827743
only five strikes. no.
>>
>>389829559
What if my friends wait for the DLC version as well?

Maybe not the complete edition, but you know how Destiny 1 had a taken King version when taken King came out? That way I'll still experience the last 2 (and biggest) DLC's fresh while only paying the same amount that the game currently costs.
>>
>>389827743
what do people even like about destiny lore

its literally just generic alien/robot/insect races and muh chosen human race trope
>>
>>389829316
>not wanting baller ass guns

pussy nerd faggot
>>
>>389829703
Even then it's still better and has more effort put into it's world building than most games bother to put in these days. It's not spectacular, but it's among the best we've got at the moment unfortunately.
>>
>>389829679
If you all decide to wait and get it at the same time, that would be best in theory. You could then play through it all at your own speed as though the previous strikes and story missions.

However, the amount of content that would be relevant to everyone else would only be the newest stuff, and would be about as much as the game launched with, if not possibly less (or slightly more). So outside of that isolated exception, you're basically making the same pound-for-pound purchase as buying only the base game now and never buying DLC.
>>
>>389829497
Not him, but this was my experience with Destiny. I bought the game on release at $60 and beat the vault of glass. Everything before the vault of glass was fun, but not worth the money, while the VoG itself was a shit ton of fun. Really and truly they needed at least 3 raids for the original game to be worth $60 to me. I sold it after having my fun with the raid a good enough amount of times. So when the game was released with the DLC for $60, I bought it again. I felt like I needed to start the game over so I did. Only problem is that it felt like the game pushes you to ignore the beginning content at that point and everyone moves on too. I pretty much dropped the game and never tried the new raids due to trying to play it when everything had been released for awhile.

In other words, the bare game ain't worth it without more raids, and it will feel dead if you wait for the DLC to be released together with the game at a cheaper price.
>>
>>389829316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f5SxcW20K0

Regardless of whatever adjectives float your boat, the guns sound good.
>>
>>389829703
Humans aren't the chosen race for anything. Things just take place on Earth/surrounding planets.
>>
>>389829703
It goes more in-depth than that.

I just like all the themes. Humanity venturing out into the stars and finding out everything out there is absolutely outlandish and strange. All the Science-Fantasy elements. The aspect of recovering from a dark age and going out and rediscovering planets in our solar system that were terraformed centuries ago. Some god-like machine just showing up one day and we have no idea where it's from or what it's purpose is.
>>
Just wait a year for the inevitable Taken King version.
>>
>>389829703
I have a feeling the first DLC will have something to do with the traveler, or perhaps adding more lore to it? I only say this because When you beat the main story for Destiny 2, the traveler's light is shown expanding throughout the universe, it then passes over a giant alien ship that was offline, but then it comes back online when the traveler's light passes over it, just makes me think it's foreshadowing for the first DLC.
>>
Does it have armor transmog now?
>>
>>389830406
Was it a tringle ship? Lorefags reckon the Darkness is a pyramid like the travler is a sphere. This is the prequel to Geometry Wars we never knew we needed.
>>
D2 has a lot more content than the first game.

Still only.5 strikes on Xbone and PC. But there's mini-dungeons called Lost-sectors and quests called adventures. And the story mode isn't completely shit this time, it's actually around 6-7 hours with a lot of cutscenes and unique set pieces.

I heard something about more strikes being in the game files, hopefully they will release those for free instead of just holding them back for DLC. Maybe someone knows more about that than I do.
>>
>>389831253
See this is what I try to tell people, Destiny 2 has TONS of content and yet people complain about how the story is only 7-8 hours long. There like

>"Hurr durr I paid $60 and beat the game in 7 hours, but I'm not gonna play the side quests, strikes, challenges, lost-sectors, etc. I'm just gonna bitch and moan about how the story wasn't 30-50 hours long."

I hate people like that, if you want a fucking 30-50 hour RPG story, then go play fucking Tales Of games, or basically ANY JRPG. Destiny's playtime comes from side content, PvP, raids, etc. It doesn't come from the main story, if you're gonna complain about the main story being too short then you shouldn't even buy it because you'll just be disappointed.

People play Destiny for the side content and online play, not really so much for the main story.
>>
>>389830970
yeah you can upgrade any armor to max light level with currency you get from scrapping gear
>>
File: 1434801453567.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434801453567.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
>>389827743
It's baffling to me how both Destiny 1 and 2 can have so little content.

Like fucking how? How can such a big budget game have so fucking little content?
>>
File: 1486078477715.jpg (76KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1486078477715.jpg
76KB, 900x675px
>>389831560
>its has no content if i actively ignore all the content it has
>content doesnt count as content because, and literally only because, i say so
>>
>>389831560
I wouldn't say that. The first game was pitiful, I think that's indisputable, they ripped everyone the fuck off with that.

But D2 has quite a bit, you get your money's worth. It could stand to have more for sure, but so can every game.
>>
>>389831470
It's funny cause everytime I see the bait "content lists", they ALWAYS miss out world events/lost sectors, which are a BIG bulk of the new content.
>>
>>389827743
>any game with microtransactions
>good
Top kek
>>
>>389831560
>Doesn't read the last few posts saying how the game has PLENTY of content
>Proceeds to go ahead and complain about lack of content anyway

Pretty sure you're baiting, but I'm gonna go ahead and say you're a retard if you seriously don't think Destiny 2 has no content. Are you mad that the story wasn't 30 hours long?
>>
>>389831684
Dude, you can pretty much finish all the content in like 2 days.
This is a game intended for people to not just play through and leave, but to stay and play it for a long time.

Yet what are you supposed to do for that extended period of time? Replay the same tiny amount of content over and over and over and over again for loot drops. Before it was just to try and autistically get a legendary gun with better randomized stats than the 15 identical ones you already own.

You can go suck Activision Blizzards dicks some more if you think Destiny 1 and 2 had a lot of content to keep you busy for weeks.
>>
>>389831842
I have rad up, watched friends play, asked my friends, asked several Destiny 2 generals yet somehow it doesn't have small amounts of content because you say so?

Yeah ok.
>>
File: 26c8328a843ff72f38762589d5c963d3.jpg (136KB, 1200x830px) Image search: [Google]
26c8328a843ff72f38762589d5c963d3.jpg
136KB, 1200x830px
What is the traveler? What is it's purpose?

Clearly someone made it a long time ago and far far away, but that's not the important bit.

Is it simply a highly advanced terraforming machine? After all, it terraformed basically our whole solar system very drastically in the span of a few centuries. But then why does it benefit humans specifically so much?

Is it a tool of the "darkness"? Used to uplift species, then drop them down and let all their accomplishments and resources be easily harvested?
>>
>>389827743
Definitely not worth $60.
Just go replay Borderlands or play Warframe.
>>
>>389827743
I looked up character creation on this shit, and they apparently haven't changed anything. What the fuck is up with that?
>>
>>389831909
>play 30-ish hours in the span of a few days to rush through absolutely everything
>wonder why there's nothing left to do

Replaying is a big aspect, but most players also don't just rush through. There's also a raid on the way for free, and if the game files are to be believed, some more strikes.
>>
>>389832075
>I looked up character creation on this shit, and they apparently haven't changed anything. What the fuck is up with that?

Why change or improve when people will buy your game anyway?
>>
>>389831973
>But then why does it benefit humans specifically so much?

We kinda forced it to. Everytime the Darkness catches up to it, it hightails it away leaving it's current civilization to crumble, except humanity forcefully damaged the giant shiny testicle via Rasputin when it tried to flee our system if I remember. So we ourselves are half the reason why it went dormant to begin with.
>>
>>389831973
More importantly, why can't they fucking decide on the size of this thing.
>>
>>389832118
wtf i hate bungie now
>>
>>389827743
Supporting Destiny 2 is basically fucking gaming over.
>>
>>389829703
watch some destiny lore videos, it's actually surprisingly intricate. It's kind of fucked how creative and thought out the lore of the universe is while the actual in game dialogue is some of the corniest fucking shit I've ever heard
>>
>>389832252
>I'm poor
It's okay anon, you can play with the adults when you get a job.
>>
>>389832075
It's really lazy, I agree. They couldn't have even thrown in a few more options. And a LOT of animations and sounds are re-used, too.

It's really strange, because for every area where they're lazy, there's something else where they put a lot of effort and detail into. Like all the new environments, and the art... But I guess the aesthetics were the first game's strong suit as well

>>389832176
Why does the Traveller run from the darkness, and why does the darkness want it?

Is this some sort of scenario where they're just autonomous tools continuing some ancient conflict across the galaxy long after their creators have all died out?
>>
>>389831968
>I have rad up, watched friends play, asked my friends, asked several Destiny 2 generals

So you don't own it, and haven't played it yet? Then you don't get to have an opinion on it. You're just as bad as the people who watch Let's Plays of other people playing the game and claim that was their "experience" with it. Either go out and play the game and form your opinion, or don't comment on the game.

You're a sheep listening to your friends, random strangers online and on Youtube, just because they didn't like it doesn't mean you won't, stop being a follower.

>"Hurr durr Bigdick23 on Youtube said the game is horse-shit and lacks content so I won't play it now."
>>
>>389832409
>It's okay anon, you can play with the adults when you get a job.

Wanting games to be anti-consumer is something you think is good? You think only people without jobs doesn't want this? Funny.
>>
>>389832280
I'll bet it's because the dialogue is what's on the frontline for the casual players, so it can't be too intricate or detailed to avoid boring them. But the quality discrepancy between the lore writing and game dialogue/scripts did always bug me too.
>>
File: uh oh.jpg (646KB, 930x1891px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.jpg
646KB, 930x1891px
>>389832280
Joe Staten was the man behind most of the lore... Also the man behind a lot of the god-tier lines and writing from the halo series.

It's no secret why he left bungie right before destiny released, even after spending YEARS inventing this universe for them. Destiny 1 was a really shameful product and a lot of people internally weren't pleased with it.
>>
>>389832482
>So you don't own it, and haven't played it yet? Then you don't get to have an opinion on it.

Well I can tell right now that you're a massive idiot and wasting any more time on you would be pointless.
>>
>>389831909
>Dude, you can pretty much finish all the content in like 2 days.

Yeah, maybe if you don't have a job/life. What did you do? Just take off work and play Destiny 2 for 10-15 hours straight? Only autistic drooling morons do shit like that, and then they complain they wasted money because there is nothing to do.
>>
File: 1504032902445.jpg (25KB, 296x328px) Image search: [Google]
1504032902445.jpg
25KB, 296x328px
>>389827743
It's a "social game" in the sense that you won't really be focused on the game itself when you play with your friends but will instead talk about random shit.

Campaign is about 4-5h long and there's not more content than in the first game. Shaders have to be grinded and are one-time use only, or bought through the in-game store.

Overall: this is not a sequel, it's one of those expansions marketed as a sequel, kind of like Splatoon 2. So if you were disappointed with the first due to lack of lore and content, stay the FUCK away from this game.
>>
>>389832578
>Not an argument

Have a good day, sheep.
>>
I like it so far. But from what I see level 20 is the level cap right now which I'm not sure about. Im already level 8 2 main missions in so you can assume..

I got the digital deluxe for $45 so I'm not complaining but if your paying full price for the base game maybe hold off. Wait to see what people say about it. Destiny 1 I got as a bundle on sale and that was worth.
>>
>>389828370
FPBP
>>
>>389832593
>Campaign is about 4-5h long and there's not more content than in the first game.

What are you even talking about? How do people say there is nothing to do? You're telling me you've done everything in the game already? What do you do just play for 10 hours a day? Do you not have a job? Did you just rush through the whole thing, jesus christ people. I've had the game for 3 days and just now beat the story, and I'm having a blast.

I can't see how you people are just blasting through everything in the game, because I think there is plenty to do. Maybe it's cause I don't sit and play it for 10 hours a day, I might play 3-5 hours max, but I usually take breaks or do other things. I can't play one thing for like 10 hours straight, I get bored and lose interest so I like to savor it by just playing 3-4 hours a day or so.

I still have plenty to do in the game though.
>>
>>389829115
>hurr /v/ hates it because no friends

you explained why it's hardly a game in your post, moron
>>
>>389831973
Hey wasn't there another game Destiny was based off? I forget what and it had this big traveler in it too.
>>
>>389832835
streamers literally finished the game in a day you slow ass normie
>>
>>389827743
>check out who made Destiny
>Bungie
>ActiBlizz
Nah, this is most probably some shitty game with gridning for casuals. Probably looks nice by consoles' standards. I'm sure DLCs are on their way (you're asking about this game so it must be quite new)
>>
>>389832719
>level 20 is the level cap

Oh you sweet summer child.
>>
File: 1499742769386.jpg (66KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
1499742769386.jpg
66KB, 612x574px
>>389831560
>>389831717
>>389832097
>>389832581
>mfw no job or school and have been nonstop playing D2 since Wednesday and still have plenty of shit left to do
>>
>>389832546
Yeah, with good old Joe gone it's really no surprise that the dialogue is now bottom of the barrel generic shit that a ten year old could come up with

The side lore's still pretty great though because they're still using up all the stuff he wrote
>>
>>389832897
Okay and all they do is play for 15 hours straight..
>>
File: qWwnFhK.jpg (554KB, 2751x1839px) Image search: [Google]
qWwnFhK.jpg
554KB, 2751x1839px
>>389827743
>Normie AAA online loot shooter
>being good

you should now the anser by now
>>
>>389832835
Kys you obvious shill. The game isn't worth 60 dollars if at most you get 20hours out of it.
>>
>>389832916
>summer child.

I haven't seen anyone above level 20 yet. Also 40 was the cap in Destiny 1 and I wouldn't be surprised if the other 20 was from the expansion.
>>
Destiny 1 had dodgy DLC practices which made me stop buying into it, but the base game was absolutely worth its price.
>>
>>389827743

It's got more content than the first game at release (barely), but not more than in it's current state. Additionally, there is nothing to do after the story but grind and the grind is now way too easy. A day or two is all you need to hit the soft cap on levelling up (260) and 3-4 days for the hard cap.

Bungie fucked up again. The literal biggest complaint people always had with Destiny is not enough content, so they shipped a game without enough content.
>>
>>389832593
There's probably way less content than the first game with all DLC, yeah.

But compared to vanilla D1 this is absolutely packed. I would know, I fucking despised them for releasing such an empty game the first time. So much so that I refused to buy any DLC.
>>
>>389832924
It's almost as if the people that don't like things will just start making shit up because they can't even justify their own distaste.
>>
>>389832719
Where'd you get it so cheap? Hit me up fammus. 45$ is worth it for me
>>
>>389832916
Are you implying that isn't correct?
>>
>>389832897
>Streamers

No shit, they have no real job and just sit in front of a computer playing video games for 15 hours, of course they fucking finished in in day, retard. You can finish anything in a day when you have no where to go, and just sit in the house all day.

Also I consider it more of a normalfag thing if you beat the game in one day, because only a normalfag would beat the game as fast as he could and then complain about how short it was.
>>
>>389832996
Nothing to do after story?
Strikes? Lost sectors? Nightfalls? The upcoming raid?

I won't mention PvP because LMAO nobody plays destiny for that half-baked garbage
>>
>>389833135
>>389832945
it took even the casual ones 7 hours to beat
>>
>>389833141

Strikes are terrible and just another ineffective method of grinding.
Lost sectors are literally loot caves. You go into a room, clear out some stuff and open a cave. If you've seen one you've seen them all.
Nightfall is just a strike with dumb rules and potentially better rewards.
Raid isn't accessible yet.

But you missed the point. All of these exist to grind. None of them are actually fun to do, they simply exist to unlock better gear.
>>
>>389832971
Oh boy, it'll be funny when people put 100-200 hours into the game. Oh wait, they already did; in the first Destiny. And guess what? It'll happen in this one as well, wanna know why? Because people like you said the same shit about the first game, and look what happened? People were still playing it months after it released. Pretty sure they got way more than 20 hours in it.

Just cause you don't like it, doesn't mean others can't, retard. But I know saying "Shill" really makes you feel powerful and special, because you're different, you don't want to enjoy what others like, oh no. You want to bash it and feel superior, man you really showed me.
>>
A little bit of both, honestly. The aesthetics and gunplay are legit great but if you ask me the way this franchise is designed like an MMO makes it feel very sterile and artificial. This isn't helped by the fact that the story is terrible in the first game and only mediocre in the second, which is partly a consequence of inept writing and partly a consequence, again, of the MMO design. All the characters are cardboard, it doesn't have a fraction of the impact or character that Halo had.
>>
>>389833202
I've played maybe an hour or two for two days in a row. Not sure how people binge it like that, it's not THAT fun. Must be shit taste poorfags.
>>
>>389829703
>>389832280
The lore is treated pretty fucking well in this game. There's scannable shit everywhere and each mission/quest guarantees a reference to the lore or a past activity you done in the first game. There's an object you can scan and your ghost mentions the exo from the vanilla Destiny 1
>>
>>389833252
>But you missed the point. All of these exist to grind. None of them are actually fun to do, they simply exist to unlock better gear.

So why buy and play a game if it didn't appeal to you in the first place? Why complain? You clearly aren't in the demographic for this kind of game, some people like these monotonous loot based grinding games, you clearly don't.
>>
>>389833252
Strikes are really fun to me. I like descending into some lair full of enemies and fighting up to though boss.

They're bullet-spongey, but the fun part isn't shooting them it's dodging all the attacks, staying mobile, etc.
>>
>>389833265
The question is is it worth $60 right now for only 20 hours? Because right now it has 20 hours of content. Maybr after new expansions there will be more but it ain't worth it now just wait for the inevitable gold edition on sale.
>>
>>389833313
the few streamers ive watched were hyped as fuck for that shitgame for months and on top of that, it's viewerbait
>>
>>389831560
all that money goes to marketing and voice acting.
>>
>>389833354

I didn't go into the game with high expectations after the first game. Bungie didn't learn a single thing from it and the second game is just the same as the first game. There isn't even anything in the game to justify it being a new game, it feels like an expansion pack.

I went in expecting to be disappointed, and ended up being even more disappointed than what I expected.
>>
>>389833496
Oh yeah because skyrim voice actors and some D-list actor nathan filion is *sooo* expensive

Maybe they shouldn't have wasted so much on a shitty paul mcartney song
>>
Bungie really have fallen off. They must have lost a signficant amount of key personnel because none of the dynamism of combat found in any Halo title is in Destiny. There is little need to strategise.

Destiny is essentially a polished Borderlands.
>>
>>389832097

30 hours of content is 30 hours of content. Whether you play 10 hours a day or 1 hour a day, it's still 30 hours. In a game Bungie expects you to put hundreds, if not thousands of hours into.

The game is designed like a MMO. It's pure skinner box, except you hit max level in a day and have nothing to do after that.

No content is no content. Just because you play slower than others, doesn't change this fact.
>>
>>389833551
I didn't play the first one so I can't really understand how you feel, if I had of played the first one I suppose I'd understand where everyone else is coming from.

Seems to me like everyone who played the first one doesn't like the second one because it's the same as the first one. Makes sense that I would like it, because I never experienced the first one, thus I have nothing to compare it to.
>>
>>389831560
>>389833496

The money clearly goes to design and graphics. That's the best part about these games they're stunning.
>>
File: 1443995960501.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1443995960501.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>389832689
>Have a good day, sheep.

The funny part is that you're the sheep. You claim that following the herd mentality is the way to go and not making educated decisions. You're directly against doing in-depth research and that directly marks you as the sheep.

But hey, gotta play what everyone and your friends are playing, right sheep?
>>
>>389833724

Go play the first one then. It is unironically the better game of the two right now. It's basically just the same game with 5x the content.
>>
File: 2007_11_24_ae28.png (29KB, 598x336px) Image search: [Google]
2007_11_24_ae28.png
29KB, 598x336px
>>389833135
>No shit, they have no real job

So the argument for why D2 has "loads of content" is that you're a wageslave and can only play D2 for 1h every day?
>>
>>389833718
I do feel like the level cap should have been higher, and experience should have been a bit harder to obtain in terms of scaling.

>>389833793
But you're not experiencing it for yourself, you can't claim that listening to strangers on YouTube is the same experience as playing it yourself, that is my point.

If 500 people like Destiny 2 and 500 people don't, then how do you decide for yourself? I'd rather play it and make the decision myself then listen to the 500 strangers I don't know tell me it isn't fun just because they didn't think it was fun.
>>
>>389833718
Are you saying it's impossible to go through the same amount of content faster or slower than someone else?

Ever heard of speedrunning, my dude? Just because a game can be completed quickly doesn't mean that's how long a normal person will get out of it
>>
File: thedarkness.png (3MB, 1192x1920px) Image search: [Google]
thedarkness.png
3MB, 1192x1920px
>>389831973
It's a machine with magic light properties that propelled humanity, races, and planets into the future. Some people get chosen to protect it and fight the forces of it's enemy "The Darkness". We still don't know its motivations or what the darkness even is because of shit writing. It's probably an actual alien race judging from the ending.
>>
>>389833954

No. I am saying 30 hours is 30 hours regardless of how many hours a day you play.
>>
>>389827743
it's a very comfy game to chill on after work with friends. Much better if u have people to play it with. Between this and Ff14 think my gaming needs are sorted for a while
>>
>>389833881
My point isn't so much to do with not having a job, but maybe it's more like not having a life. If someone has nothing to do but sitting in their house all day then of course they'll burn through games like crazy cause they're playing it 15 hours straight each day. They don't go out, they have no relationships, no hobbies, they don't do other things. Hell, even browsing the web would be different than playing the same game for 15 hours straight each day.

Basically these people don't have an issue doing one thing for 15 hours straight, they don't watch TV, browse the web, or like clean the fucking house. You can find other things to do in a house besides play video games for 15 hours straight, these people are just choosing to do that.
>>
>>389833901
>But you're not experiencing it for yourself, you can't claim that listening to strangers on YouTube is the same experience as playing it yourself, that is my point.

So?
I have read up on the game, watched dev videos, read reviews (not just staring at the score), watched my friends play, talked to my friends, etc. I have a pretty good understanding of the game and the conclusion I came to was that Destiny 2 is only marginally better than the first game. It still very quickly boils down to a fucking massive grind for loot and the content that is there is very underwhelming (like the story content).

Destiny 2 is not some super complex game, grasping it is not difficult, especially if you played the first game. You deluding yourself into thinking that it's incomprehensible unless you play it first hand and it's some masterpiece with a buttload of content only makes me laugh even harder.
>>
>>389834045

Thing is, Bungie expect people to keep playing this game for at least 3 months until the next DLC. People are burned out on the game before the raid has even launched.

Clearly there is an issue with the game as people are getting bored of what is basically a MMO in days.
>>
File: 1450540981201.gif (3MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
1450540981201.gif
3MB, 300x236px
>friends ask me to get tons of co-op games so we can play
>they "never have time" to play
>the only game they "have time" to play is destiny and destiny 2
>they ask me to get the sequel to one of the worst spent 60 bucks of my life
>>
File: jsrtjsr.jpg (92KB, 742x330px) Image search: [Google]
jsrtjsr.jpg
92KB, 742x330px
>basically an mmo fps
>doesn't even have a sliver of content of the dime a dozen mmo
>they want you to play this game for months
>>
>>389832983
>>389833068
As in, that's when the real gear grind begins. Akin to most MMOs, those 20 "levels" are nothing more than tutorial really. Destiny's not really a game with a definitive end after all.
>>
>>389834421
>>389834181
I'll clearly get AT LEAST a week or two of play time out of it, and that's good enough for me. I don't see that as a waste of $60 if I got at least 1-2 weeks worth of entertainment out of it. I could just return it to Gamestop and get like a $35 or $40 store credit, so at the most I'm losing $20.
>>
>>389834023
>>389831973
If the Worms are considered being the species most deeply connected to the Darkness, the Traveler vs Darkness war is a struggle between two fundamental paradigms on the purpose of life in the universe.

The Darkness represents Sword-Logic, conquest, kill or be killed, while the Traveler stands for balance, cooperation and symbiosis.

It's possible they're AI's or post-singularity civilizations built on those principles.
>>
>>389834539

A week wouldn't be bad, if the game was a well crafted single player experience you were suppose to play through once then put down. But it's not. It's designed like a MMO so most of the content is boring, short and easy. No one wants to do the same content over and over again if it's long, challenging and time consuming, so nothing in the game is designed like this.
>>
>>389834495
I can see how the game play can be repetitive after a while, sure you can get different guns and use your class skills, but ultimately it becomes redundant just killing hundreds to thousands of enemies in the same dungeons/caves and what have you.
>>
>>389834696
> No one wants to do the same content over and over again if it's long, challenging and time consuming, so nothing in the game is designed like this.

So many people would probably beg to differ. Look at the millions who play WoW and log in everyday to do dailies and grind the same shit that did yesterday to get better loot, sound familiar? Don't underestimate the power of autism.
>>
>>389834776

Since when were WoW dailies long, challenging or time consuming?
>>
The lore is doink, and D1 lore was incredible but you need to be willing to even not give a fuck about the game and read 90% of it in grimoires and byf videos

D2 has stories better integrated in the game. I was surprised to see how much cabal lore there is in the adventures (to the extent of having the RAID introuction in one of them), plus the fact that the limited edition booklet comes with background lore on ghaul, calus, the leviathan and what happened back then when the consul took ghaul and used him for his revenge
D2 is more of the same, but with almost every annoyance from D1 being fixed. If you still don't like destiny at its core, you won't like D2
But the lore is pretty good in my opinion. Vex lore was so intriguing back then
>>
>>389834829
But people still login everyday to do the same shit for better gear? It's still a pretty similar principle, despite the difficulty. Of course I can't compare Destiny to WoW, obviously the playerbase for Destiny is much smaller, and WoW has been out for 14 years I believe with regularly updating content, but it was the first example I could think of.
>>
>>389827743
its just marketing and hype culture
the first game was created with a budget of half a billion dollars and half of that money went into marketing

its safe to assume the same(or even bigger) amount of money went into marketing for Destiny 2
>>
>>389835093

The other problem is with Destiny 2, you can get the best gear in the game in no time at all. You don't need to login everyday for weeks or months. You'll be fully geared within a week even with casual play.
>>
>>389835074
>is in the adventures (to the extent of having the RAID introuction in one of them)
Explain
I've already completed all adventures post game. Which one was this?

Also, is the Leviathan the world eater we saw from our vision in the beginning of the game?
>>
>>389835171
Casuals won't be raid ready in a week. You're underestimating that Destiny is a mainstream game and is full of casuals and people with lives.
Numbnuts being under-geared for Nightfalls and Raids is a staple.
Me and a buddy dragged a guy 60 levels under through NF earlier because he wanted to see all the content and didn't want to put the effort in to gearing up for it.

People raid-ready are the streamers and hardcore players. Most people won't be 280 light by Wed, guaranteed 100%
>>
>>389835171
What are you talking about? the best gear isn't even out yet

And casual play will not get anyone even close to trials or raid completion. Iron banner is the only dumbed down end game content

>>389835248
Shit happens on nessus and you discover that calus is sending former red legion to analyze the "value" of the planet in order to eat it and transform it into magic wine or some shit. The raid will most likely happen inside the leviathan.

There's some leaks and some speculation here and there (you can check byf or some other sources) and, if the leaks are true, it seems the raid will be a bit more detailed and complex than previous ones, with cutscenes and some unique mechanics (people were talking about escaping the leviathan with your ships,
but I'm not buying it till I see it
)
>>
>>389835415

>Casuals won't be raid ready in a week.

Bullshit. I play with the biggest casual around, he's a normie with a job and family. He's been raid ready since Friday.

Raid ready is 260, which you can get in a few hours in any patrol zone.
>>
>>389834045
>someone plays game throughely because he wants to experience as much of it as possible
>"DUDE U HAVE NO LIFE!"
so people that spend lots of time with a game aren't allowed to discuss the game because they spend lots of time with said game?
this might be the most retarded way to disregard valid criticizm about a game
>>
>>389835538
>260 in a few hours
>260 is good for raid when all previous raids ramp up so you can't complete them at entry level
>The hump between 265 and 280 is casual friendly
>Casuals will be raid ready in a week
>When 3 years experience in D1 shows not even 20% of the player base completed raids and under-geared people not understanding how to level properly is a constant

You're absolutely talking arse.
Destiny is more casual than you think it is.
>>
>>389835538
That's normal mode at best (which doesn't give max level gear). Want to see shit going down? go check people trying to do the prestige nightfall right now, and tell me three random casuals are able to pull it off

The raid will have a prestige modifier too. Good luck for those casuals trying to do it
>>
>>389835875

The prestige nightfall can't even be attempted yet. It requires 300 light level to unlock while the game is capped at 290.
>>
File: ew80fgj.jpg (58KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
ew80fgj.jpg
58KB, 1080x600px
>>389835420
Fuck that sounds awesome. Previous raids seemed retarded without any introduction or dialogue explaining why we were running the raid in the first place besides Kings Fall or Crotas End. At least with this one its set up from a actual mission. I remember the adventure now that you mention it. It clearly said shit about Nessus being ate when hacking something.
>>
>>389835938
You are very, very wrong.
>>
>>389835938
Streamers are doing it. Exotics always drop a few levels above what you currently are so infusing a shitton of them eventually gets you to that point

Prestige NF is brutal and your fireteam needs to be on point with callouts and resource management. I thought I'd never see the day where we'd have to be fucking using our nades so sparingly

>>389835939
The lore is confusing. Calus is allegedly a "peaceful" guy (even though corrupt as fuck) and he is actually inviting the players to the leviathan to test and reward them. Some people say he's testing us to enact revenge upon the cabals that exiled him from the empire, but who knows
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.