[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people actually buy these games? They're not very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 19

File: header.jpg (113KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
113KB, 460x215px
Why do people actually buy these games?
They're not very great and have overpriced DLC out the ass.
It's like the unholy fusion between the most Jewish companies to exist: Creative Assembly and Games Workshop.
And besides, there hasn't been a good TW game since Medieval 2.
>>
some people have god complexes and want to watch little people murder each other on screen without having to worry about resource management
>>
>>389825129
>They're not very great
says who?
>>
The problem with these games is the win condition.
The longer the game lasts the more boring and tedious it becomes and at some point after you won over most provinces compared to other faction you already know you have won.
This is a problem even in grand strategy.
The beginning is always the hardest and the more you play the easier the more tedious it becomes as the systems of management do not change even though the scope of control increases tremendeously.

I think most people will agree that the msot fun part is when you are a small tribe trying to break out and become big but once you are through the first few challanges the rest is more or less assured.
In TW games there is almost no interesting internal management and problems gamelay that would make it harder and harder to manage your empire besides simply making it tedious and forcing you to start over.

The goals of the game need to also change.
IMO TW warhammer would have been much more interesting if you represented a family and not an entire clan or country.
Instead of making it a straightforward game towards simply conquering 50 provinces it should be more like a simulation with more depth and interactivity that has no victory conditions or points system.
>>
>>389825129
because there is literally no competition, and some of the total war titles are actually pretty good
>>
>medieval 2 was good
lol
>>
A fusion of total war battles with Dwarf Fortress simulation like gameplay would be amazing.
>>
>>389825879
so you want a Grand Strategy game, not Total War
>>
>>389825129
>Why do people actually buy these games?
Because they are fun

>They're not very great and have overpriced DLC out the ass.
They are fun.
What game doesnt have dlc?

>It's like the unholy fusion between the most Jewish companies to exist: Creative Assembly and Games Workshop.
Who cares?

>And besides, there hasn't been a good TW game since Medieval 2.
So you bought them?
>>
>>389825940
Rome 2 and Medieval 2 are the best TW games
>>
File: 1500157404506.jpg (30KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1500157404506.jpg
30KB, 396x382px
>>389825129

>And besides, there hasn't been a good TW game since Medieval 2.
>>
>>389826068
Wait, I mean Rome 1
Rome 2 is possibly the worst TW game
>>
>>389825129
because I want to play Lizardbois
>>
>>389826003
No, I want total war with more simulation and interactivity and living world and less straightforward goals and static systems.
>>
File: 1504475726154.jpg (49KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504475726154.jpg
49KB, 540x720px
>>389825879

Sounds like a boring grand strategy
>>
>tfw CK2 is better but Paradox is even more jewish than CA
>>
This is a bait galore.
>>
>>389826334
>better game
>biggest shifts in the game are due to military action
>worst and most simplistic system is the military one

Think again newfriend
>>
>>389826379
>people expressing opinions im unfamiliar with
>must find some excuse not to consider them cause im such a fragile faggot
>I know ill try to convince myself they are just joking around(help me!!!)
>>
>>389825879
I always wanted a strategy game based off of rank and success.

start out as a grunt in a squad.
(FPS-follow orders-shoot to kill)
get promoted
lead the squad
(FPS-with issueing commands to squadmates ala Freedom fighters)
get promoted
lead the platoon
(tactics based squad gameplay-like Myth The Fallen Lords)
get promoted
lead the battalion
(total war style)
get promoted
lead the army
(set up army bases-determine production-set supply lines-issue missions)
get promoted
lead the nation
>>
>>389826654
That's too many games in one. Do everything games never succeed.
>>
>>389826507
>express opinion as though it were objective
>someone calls you out for being a faggot
>ITS JUST MY OPINION STOP OPPRESSING ME
>>
>Buy game
>hehe good goy now you have to buy all the races too :^)
>>
>>389827267
the only real issue with the DLC is that it's a bit overpriced, it's quality content otherwise
>>
>>389825879
>The longer the game lasts the more boring and tedious it becomes and at some point after you won over most provinces compared to other faction you already know you have won.
That's a problem with a fairly easy solution though. CA was definitely on the right track with realm divide in S2, they just made it too blunt and a lot of people (casuals) complained that it made the game spike in difficulty and become unfun. They just need to tier ai response to the player as you grow stronger. Instead of just giving you a flat diplomacy penalty as you expand, make it so the further you reach out the a proportional amount of ai factions begin to form active alliances to buffer/fight against you.
>>
File: lizardmen vs skaven.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lizardmen vs skaven.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>389825879
It's true. I wish the enemy empires would just snowball like I do, so I have a worthy challenger owning the other half of the map when I take mine. It becomes an autoresolve slog already when you fulfill one third of the win conditions, even on higher difficulties. TWW though at least has chaos to give you a small spike at some point, in other total wars there's not even that.
However, this is a problem with many strategy games, not just total war. Civilization, Hearts of Iron, everything similar. If you win at the first occasion, it's not like AI can beat you later with less resources.

On a different note, I think TWW campaign map side is too barebones and shallow. The level of complexity in Attila was perfect for me. I don't want more cause I have gsg for that.
>>
>>389827195
>makes points completely disconnected with reality and in no way relevant to the line of argumentation

Come back when you have finished highscool or increased your iq above 90.
>>
>>389827331
It wouldn't be so bad if they at least released a gold edition now that the sequel is coming out, but no, CA is too jewish for that
>>
>>389827461
That's a subjective opinion you stupid shit, yet you word it in a way guaranteed to bait responses, hence the other poster was right in calling you out for making a bait topic.
>>
>>389827520
Gold Edition probably won't come out until 5~ years after 3, if they stick to the same general release schedule
>>
Wait, TW:W2 is already coming out? But I just got a good rig to play the first one...
>>
>>389827651
pay up, goy
>>
>>389826736
then have an "episodic" game series
game one-fps
game two-RTT
game three-RTS
game four-grand strat.

all following one story line which centers around the rise in the ranks of your character.
>>
>>389827331
>the only real issue with the DLC is that it's a bit overpriced
Easily nullified if you can restrain yourself and wait for a sale. They just did their 30th anniversary sale on steam with the WH dlc's ~40% off, and humble just had a sale a few days ago with the prices even lower.
>>
>>389827651
system requirements for the second are exactly the same, excepting hard drive space
>>
Because Fantasycucks don't want their setting to fucking die

Age of Sigmar > Fantasy
>>
>>389827651
it's more of a standalone expansion pack with a marketing name that lets them sell it at full price

like Destiny 2
>>
>>389827726
That would have a higher chance of working but I doubt it would stay coherent and feel like the same series.
>>
>>389827894
Such a series that aimst to be seamless is actually more possible now than ever before.
Just look at this Warhammer trilogy itself..
People want games that never end (like MMORPGs) but they dont want to play new iterations of the same thing with slight differences.

The only path left is releasing one giant game in small parts.
Telltale games are doing that as well as the rest of the episodic rpg/adventure series released in the last 2-3 years.
>>
>>389827651
>already
but its been longer than a year
>>
File: 1411415355803.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1411415355803.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>389825879
>Playing Medieval: Total War as Byzantines
>Doing well for myself, conquering Russia, Eastern Europe, and Egypt
>Get to Germany
>Almohads
>Look at map
>Entirety of western Europe is taken over by Almohads
>Even Norway
>Our massive armies meet in Germany, unbreakable stalemate
>mfw neither of us could ever permanently break through

Sometimes the late game surprises you
>>
Fuck I'm considering buying it all off of Humble
Is it worth it
>>
>>389828784
>buying
>Is it worth it
Yes
> it all
No
>>
>>389828863
what of it is not worth getting
>>
>>389828585
But I dont find this scenario interesting in the slightest, especially in a game that is based on history.
The devs arent creative enough to make interesting enough gameplay and systems to prevent the goal of conquering the entire map to be necessary for the game to feel complete and interesting.
>>
>>389825879
>The longer the game lasts the more boring and tedious it becomes
Warhammer 2 tries to change that though.
Now, instead of playing to stop you from winning, like in every total war and grand strategy game, the AI has an actual win condition they will work towards, namely, completing the ritual.

That way if you take too long the AI just wins. And every AI will try to stop the one in the lead (AI or you) from winning. It's a true free for all.
>>
>>389829276
>HElfs can actively fuck with your diplomacy
>there might be Skaven waiting in every ruined settlement
>DElfs and Lizards can probably do something that will stress me out
hopefully all that prevents the snowball that happens for most factions in 1
>>
File: 1501513581530.png (307KB, 394x420px) Image search: [Google]
1501513581530.png
307KB, 394x420px
>>389829020
>The devs arent creative enough to make interesting enough gameplay and systems
That would also increase complexity which makes the market smaller and thus potetnial profits.
Also trying to implement something no dev has yet done in a satisfying and monetarily successful way is risky.
Their main goal isn't to make a grounbreaking game or be creative about it, just to make money.
At least this is my take on it as a business owner and employer.
>>
>>389828863
>>389828959
hello
>>
>>389829549
>>HElfs can actively fuck with your diplomacy
Welp, this means every game is a crusade against elves game
>>
>>389826654
You have played mount and blade right?
It's different but the closest I can think of
>>
File: gelt.gif (703KB, 116x140px) Image search: [Google]
gelt.gif
703KB, 116x140px
>>389825129
Total War: Warhammer is one of the best games avaliable to the PC, ever. There is no argument over this
>>
>>389829627
Don't buy dlc, obviously
>>
I my wish is for a joint CA/Paradox Total Kings: Crusader Wars 2 game, but come to think of it, the DLC scheme for that game would be insane.
>>
>>389829842
>Miss out on factions
???
>>
>>389829580
I understand that but for me as an older gamer, its either novel, risky, and interesting or nothing at all.
Which is why I have not seriously played or bought any new TW game since the first shogun and medieval.
The interesting and creative stuff wondered off to the more clear cut and lower budget turn based strategies.

Unfortunately more intelligent systems and the games that implement them seem to usually suffer from the ego of their own makers which means being subpar in the aspects that the dev or devs are not interested in(DF is a prime example).
>>
>>389829848
>DLC portraits and DLC blood
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
>>389829656
>not making every game a crusade against elves anyway
really need an ANGRY ABOUT ELVES edit with Grombrindal
>>
>>389829851
>miss out on money
???
>>
>>389829886
why does he have super saiyan hair
Warhammer is so fucking stupid
>>
>>389828959
I'd say of the newish games
Attila≈Warhams≈Shogun 2>Napoleon>Rome 2> Empire
Med 1 and Rome 1 are sort of detatched because they are old but gold and have some good mods. I like Attila more than most and Rome 2 less than most
>>
>>389827793
I like the Age of Sigmar's units and faction but the lore behind is absolutely horseshit compared to what WFB was.
>>
>>389829943
really bad helmet hair
>>
>>389829943
Did you forget the GALO SENGEN celts in atilla? CA is just bad at hair
>>
>>389829580
>>389829874

I would also claim that what increases complexity is the useless and uncreative filler.
True geniuses create more depth not more complexity.

I think a lot of the problem of the industry is that the people responsible for making games are usually the adult equivalents of a mix of the sterotypical dumb jock coupled with the nerdy D&D player that thinks his favorite pulp fantasy is the peak of human culture.
>>
>>389829952
>≈
teach me your secrets
>>
>>389830075
>GALO SENGEN
wrong meme I meant to say guy fieri hair
>>
>>389830128
Vidya needs a bigger middle budget game market.
Now it's either AAA with too big to fail budget or indie scene with too little risk so they make shit games on purpose.
I'm a little too hyped for DivOS2 and PoE2 but I hope I won't be disappointed.
>>
File: 1390618926284.gif (2MB, 216x162px) Image search: [Google]
1390618926284.gif
2MB, 216x162px
>there hasn't been a good Total War game since Medieval 2
>>
>>389830278
I think it's time you played Shogun 2.
>>
>>389830278
It's true, you know
>>
>>389825129
>medievalfag bitching again that he don't have medieval2.
>>
>>389830365
we do have medieval 2
>>
>>389830330
I can't stand modern TW games. They were made way too fast in combat as a concession for multiplayer audience so they don't have long matches. Fuck that shit. I hate how fast units engage and melt.
>>
Shogun 2/FotS is the best modern TW. Skubhammer is pure trash.
>>
I really wonder when was the last time M2 nostalgiafags have played the game unmodded.
Because I did last year, and watching the enemy AI just stand there while I shot them all to shit with english longbows until I run out of arrows before finally moving forwards gave me an appreciation for modern total war AI.
>>
>>389830424
Not everyone is a neet with hours to spare on watching pixels hit each other
>>
>>389830483
yeah Rome 2 sure was great
>>
>>389830465
Shogun 2's the best TW ever made. Warhammer is lazy but still better than Rome2
>>
>>389830503
Even at it's worst, during launch day, if you could get the game to work, the AI would always charge you if you had superior ranged capabilities m8 instead of standing their ground like retards until you ran out of arrows.
Either way, are you still whining about rome 2? Not only have most of its outstanding issues been fixed with patches, atilla was released. And if you wanna bitch about "Muh warscape" warhammer total war has already remove the matched animations that everyone was bitching about.
>>
>>389830330
>>389830343
Shogun 2, FotS, and Attila are all amazing
>>
>>389830674
did they ever fix 1 year turns so your agents/generals would be dead after 20-30 turns from old age?
>>
>>389831428
agents and generals live longer now
>>
>>389825129
I like them, they are fun
Creamapi
>>
>>389831689
>Creamapi
Is there a point to fucking with it? Isn't it easier to pirate the whole thing?
>>
>>389825129
You are right about the overpriced DLC, but the game is actually pretty good and this is the reason people buy it. In my personal opinion the first game is the best Total War game released up to date.
The overpriced DLC becomes less of an issue when you realize the content is still in the game and the extra factions do show up and you can play against them so it's not like you are missing out on all the fun. If you want to play with them, yeah you are fucked. However, you must be a time millionaire if you truly actually want to play with all the available factions because a campaign takes an average of 30-40 hours for me.
>>
>>389831779
TW Warhammer took a year to crack
>>
>>389827726
You'd just have 80% of your playerbase going REEEEEEE WHY IS THE NEW GAME SO DIFFERENT TO THE OLD ONE? THE FPS(RTS ASPECT WAS WHAT I LIKED NOT THIS CHANGE IT BACK REEEEEEE
>>
>>389830641
Warhammers vanilla campaign is better than Shogun 2's though. Mostly just turns boring because It's set in Japan so theres not much variation.
>>
>Total Warhammer is literally GOTY
>"They're not very great"

Eat a million dicks OP.
>>
>>389832441
And for good reason, I have no idea why people think that developers who are competent in making strategy games how on earth would be capable of creating an enjoyable FPS section. If different developers would in charge of the different sections, then it would be an eternal shitfest tying the different parts together into a single game. Not to mention the budget this would take. There is no way in hell this shit would be profitable. Then people would be laughing at publishers expecting 5 million sold copies.
>>
>>389832568
Hi GW
>>
>>389828439
>>389827849
>>389827765
>>389827670

You think it's a good idea to buy TW:W while it's cheap now with a bunch of DLC factions or should I just wait for 2? This'll be my first TW game too.
>>
>>389833664
Get 1 and preorder 2 to get Norsca faction for 1
Don't buy dlc for 1 unless the faction really appeals to you
>>
>>389825129
They are fun?
I've bought TW:W about three weeks back and already have 70 hours in it. It's my first TW game too.
Although I do agree with the anon who said the management aspect gets tedious when you reach the end game. Especially with the various items and traits, it's impossible for me to remember which of my 20 heroes and 8 lords has what trait.
>>
>>389825129
>t's like the unholy fusion between the most Jewish companies to exist: Creative Assembly and Games Workshop.

I don't really think CA deserve the DLC hate. They've released more free content for WH than paid. Every paid DLC gets free content at the same time. Everyone gets the DLC incorporated into their game even if they don't buy it so they can fight against the new units and races.

They also seem to be leanring from their DLC and it's been getting better in quality/price. Compare Chaos to Norsca and it's clear they've actually listened to feedback and made changes to how they approach DLC.
>>
>>389835909
they sell fucking blood as a DLC
>>
File: 8jmy4d88o6du[2].png (427KB, 299x365px) Image search: [Google]
8jmy4d88o6du[2].png
427KB, 299x365px
Defend this
>>
>>389836112
He's not as big of a bland mary sue as Grimgor is. There isn't much else positive I can think to say about him.
>>
>>389835929
I know it's a shitty excuse but they do it to keep age at 16+
>>
>>389835909
It's pretty clear CA does what SEGA tells them to at this point. You can see this starting with Shogun 2 when they said shit like "games were packing too much content" which sounds mental.
>>
Because I like Warhammer Fantasy, and as someone who likes Warhammer Fantasy, relatively speaking, the DLC situation (while bad) is like CA giving me a rimjob and free cocaine.
>>
they need to step up the sound design, flying monster animations, MUSIC and anti-aliasing is fucking shit in that game. not to mention the abysmal lightning
>>
should've been 40k
>>
>>389836112
Who ever decided to have him turning should be hung, if he was just looking forward it wouldn't clip.
>>
>>389825879
Same problem Civilization has.
>>
>>389836112
BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION
>>
>>389836357
Doesn't Archaon literally kill Grimgor during endtimes?
>>
>>389836457
It should be FreeLC then
No excuse to charge for it
>>
>>389837947
yes but not before grimgor fucking headbutts him and breaks his third eye
>>
File: 1503505047914.jpg (90KB, 561x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503505047914.jpg
90KB, 561x1024px
>>389827793
What are you smoking mate?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-10-19-12-30.png (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-10-19-12-30.png
3MB, 2560x1600px
When is this coming to PS4?
>>
>>389832875
But GW hates fantasy
>>
>>389838254
Never ever
>>
>>389829943
Dwarfs grow their hair long as a sign of age, which all Dwarfs respect.
Grombrindal is thousands of years old.
>>
>>389836112
Archaon was fine until they retconned him from being the BBEG to yet another fucking dindu nuffin character.
Don't get me started on Malekith
>>
>>389832592
i bet you are a dev trying to keep all the profits for yourself.
it aint gonna work.

everyone makes their games in unreal or unity.
it really just depends if they are just looking to make money or if they have a vision that they need to bring to the masses.
>>
>>389838350
A possibility =/= never ever
>>
>>389838734
They never did that though. Even in his origin novels, where he would be the most sympathetic, he is just an evil dude who is doing everything wrong out of spite and hate. They just gave him motivation behind his actions beyond being evil because the story demands a bad guy.

Malekith genuinely did nothing wrong though.
>>
>>389838832
I'm not a dev. but you don't have to be one to see that big budget games are being made to make money. No exception.
When this much money is involved, nobody makes games just because the have a vision and just likes to make games. Those days were over in the 90s, early 00s.
Of course everybody "is just looking to make money". You are saying that like they should be ashamed of this. How old are you anyway?
>>
>start a game of m2
>recruit diplomats and send them off to find other factions
>recruit merchants and place them around
>manage taxes and get some constructions underway
>can recruit spys and assassins when the right building has been built
>send out some trade ships
>each agent must be managed each turn, the trade ships protected and the routes kept clear. lots to manage and things to do

>start R2
>an entire turn can go by without anything to do.

It's been a few years. Am I wrong? I do remember that there was at least something to manage. It's closer to a mobile game than anything.

Copy pasted from another board.
Someone in the warhammer general said that there weren't trade ships. I'm going to reinstall tonight.
>>
>>389839097
>Malekith genuinely did nothing wrong though.
>enabled the apocalypse when he started the War of Beard
>nothing wrong
Snorri should have strung him up by his burned foreskin and then garroted him with it.
>>
>>389839326
Was it Malekith who shaved the Dwarf emissary's beard?
>>
File: 1436849093836.jpg (21KB, 400x179px) Image search: [Google]
1436849093836.jpg
21KB, 400x179px
>>389839443
>>
>>389839601
Malekith's scheme fostered distrust, but it did not incite the war. All fault lies with Imrik's shitbird of a son for manhandling a diplomat.
>>
>>389839764
>Malekith's scheme fostered distrust
And what was the ultimate intent of that distrust? Was Malekith completely ignorant of how the notoriously arrogant king would react to the inevitable reaction from the Dwarfs? The Dwarfs that he, uniquely among the Elves, knew intimately?
Be honest, now.

The ONLY thing he's innocent of is the extent the Dwarfs would get fucked up by it, since he had no knowledge of Pepe's psychic REEEEE, but for everything else he shoulders the blame.
>>
So what are the factions for the last sequel? They've said it's a Trilogy.

> Tomb Kings.
> Ogre Kingdoms.
> Dogs of War (?)
>

Chaos Dwarves are the only other possibilities off the top of my head, but that'd probably be pretty weird.
>>
>>389840150
King's are in 2.

The final one will be the deamons of Chaos, with Ogre kingdoms and Chaos Manlets.
It's posisble that Cathay, Araby and Nippon might have some presence, but don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>389840150
Demons of Chaos and maybe Kislev. Tomb Kings will definitly be dlc for the second game, since all of their territory is on the map.
>>
>>389840259
>>389840258
>Demons of Chaos

Do you think there is enough Variety though? Never seen them on the tabletop but isn't it mostly 1 infantry 1 cavalry 1 lord for each God?

Even worse if they don't go the Chaos Undivided route.

As for any of the 'unseen' places i highly doubt they'll have anything beyond maybe a mention in an event text.

Seems like the third one is gonna be pretty shitty then.
>>
>not just playing Attila, Stainless Steel, Europa Barbarorum 3 and The Third Age: Divide and Conquer until TOTAL WARHAMMER: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION goes on discount for $10 in 5 years or so

Shit man, you're doing it wrong
>>
>>389840497

> tfw someone with this idea will die before then.

Could be you.
>>
Reminder that Bretonnia is the best faction
>>
>>389840824
Does it really matter if I died while playing the best TW experiences available?
>>
>>389840904

Yes. Because they might not be the best. But you'll never know.
>>
>>389839210
making a game you would want to play vs. a game that would make everyone open their wallets.

the main difference is the amount of effort in making the game and the hype involved.

usually good indie games that are labours of love tend to get hyped after they get released.
AAA cashgrabs always get hyped before the open beta.
>>
File: 3.png (330KB, 1065x768px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
330KB, 1065x768px
>>389827409
d-delete this
>>
File: gw.jpg (29KB, 318x320px) Image search: [Google]
gw.jpg
29KB, 318x320px
>>389827793
gw shill pls go
>>
>idiots are going to buy an expansion at full AAA price
>>
File: 1504742750333.jpg (207KB, 1782x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1504742750333.jpg
207KB, 1782x1026px
>>389840497
>THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
>He doesn't know
>>
>>389841385
>the expansion is going to have a shitload of overpriced DLC on top
>>
>>389841452
Can you impregnate the mother yet?
>>
>game with most variety
>IT'S LAZY UNLIKE BASED SHOGUN 2 WHERE EVERY NATION HAS THE SAME UNITS!
>>
I'm terrible at Total War. Once the different unit types start coming into play and you can't just bruteforce your way through anymore, I tend to lose since I have no concept of tactics.

I also have no idea what to do when the Shogun declares war on you in Shogun 2 and you suddenly get attacked by everyone.
>>
>>389841560
Don't worry, it's just shitposters who never played the game.
>>
>>389830168
that is how the celts actually styled their hair at the time, ya dingus
>>
>>389841591
> tactics
Come on, let's be real here, I love total war, but there's no tactics involved whatsoever, you just go in with some units, then charge from the back with the rest
>>
>>389841591
>when the Shogun declares war on you in Shogun 2 and you suddenly get attacked by everyone.

That's my big complaint about the game. Why the fuck did they think that was a good idea is beyond me.
Of course, I could probably disable that crap via some mod, but I don't like doing that becasue the devs probably designed the whole game with that mechanics around and just tearing that part off feels wrong.
>>
So is /v/ still contrarian about Total Warhams or have you niggers finally admitted that Warhammer games are shaping to be the best TW games ever made?
>>
>>389841591
> I also have no idea what to do when the Shogun declares war on you in Shogun 2 and you suddenly get attacked by everyone.

Build up your forces and prepare for it, it's been years since i played, but i'm pretty sure there's a trigger at a certain # of provinces. So basically you need to build up a warchest, have multiple well drilled armies and a plan of attack for once that switch gets flipped.

>>389841560

If visuals is the be all and end all of variety to you then i guess that's valid, but aside from a few very minor differences, every race (generally) has the same Melee, Melee (Shield), Melee (Anti-Large), Melee (Armor Piercing), Ranged, Ranged (Armor Piercing), Charge Cavalry 1 / 2, Monstrous Unit (9) Monster Unit (1), ect ect
>>
>>389841826
Everybody who plays the games already admitted that 1 year ago.
Shitposters complaining about DLC will always come back complaining, but that's the only ammo they have.
>>
>>389841960
>>389841826

Campaign Map and resources (unless completely overhauled in game 3) will forever bar this from being strictly the #1 best TW game.

Still it's pretty good.
>>
>>389841928
Unlike shogun's spear, sword, archer, gunner and cav? Way to simplify things.
>>
>>389841928
Please show me what are the other faction's equivalent of Fell Bat. And this is just on top of my head.
>>
>>389841385
Name a game that launched with 12 factions with unique assets stats and play styles ever.
>>
>>389842112
>launched with 12 factions
Factually wrong because this game is not launching with 12 factions.
>>
>>389825129

Because Total War is a unique series and there is no other game like them?

Also Paradox has CA well and truly outjewed lad.
>>
>>389841928
what tw game hasnt been like this, or even worse? rome 1 and m2 are my favorite games and every faction is just infanty (shit), infantry (less shit), infantry (heavy), and then token archers/skirmishes/cavalry. wow, my varangian guard is 19/19 instead of a dismounted knights 17/21, that really changes the way i play.
>>
>>389841385
It's a better value than any expansion I can think of.
>>
>>389842180
>Also Paradox has CA well and truly outjewed lad.

Not anymore, warhams 1 sells you a single incomplete faction for 18 bucks
>>
>>389842169
That was the point of my post?
>>
TOMB KINGS WHEN
>>
>>389842228
to further this, if you DONT balance the factions, then you get absolute garbage worthless ones like the gauls or pretty much any "barbarian" in rome 1, or the scots in m2 (didnt stop me from conquering the world for scotland ofc)
>>
>>389826068
Rome 2.
Baiting this hard
>>
>>389842267
???
Then why the fuck do you bring 12 factions up then when the game doesn't feature that many and nobody before you was talking about that?
>>
Not me
>idiots are going to buy an expansion at full AAA price (here he's implying TWWHII is not worth a full game)
Me
>Name a game that launched with 12 factions with unique assets stats and play styles ever. (Here I'm saying he's full of shit, and offering a challenge I know he can't meet)

How is this hard to follow? What's it like having autism?
>>
>>389842228

I'm not exalting other TW games as being more diverse, just saying TW:W isn't groundbreaking by any means and pretty much everyone plays the same just with slightly increased numbers of X races specialty (as it always is in TW games).

If literal skin deep differences is 'most variety' to you then i'm sad for you.

Unless when hes saying "Most Variety" it's like a 2/10 while everything before is a 1/10.

>>389842056

Eagles.
>>
>>389833664
WH:2 will have improved mecanics compared to the first, but it will depend on which factions look more apealing to you.
WH:1 have been for like 12$ in Humble Dumble iirc.
If you don´t know about Warhammer either i´d suggest you to dive a bit on it so you can make a better choice.
>>
>>389842653
>How is this hard to follow?
The logical link jumping from one question to the other is completely missing, it makes zero fucking sense.
>What's it like having autism?
I wouldn't know, why don't you ask yourself?

What an idiot.
>>
>>389842783

Oh I'm a fan of both Fantasy and 40k and I heard good things about TW:W. I wanted to get as many factions as possible as that would make for more interesting gameplay.

However, the idea of just buying base game cheaply is not without merit. I don't think I'll jump straight into 2, especially considering the reputation some CA games have.
>>
>>389841928
>If visuals is the be all and end all of variety to you then i guess that's valid, but aside from a few very minor differences, every race (generally) has the same Melee, Melee (Shield), Melee (Anti-Large), Melee (Armor Piercing), Ranged, Ranged (Armor Piercing), Charge Cavalry 1 / 2, Monstrous Unit (9) Monster Unit (1), ect ect
Are you high?
Let's just use one example, anti large infantry.
Empire can use Spearmen as a basic meatshield designed to be cost ineffective to attack with large units.
Or they can use shielded spearmen to go up against monster/cavalry armies with ranged support
Or they can take the riskier halberdiers, that are vulnerable to ranged attack, but can pierce armoured cavalry/monsters and will do a lot better in general melee if they get tarpitted

Brettonian spear infantry seems to be similar to the Empire at first glance, but they have the critical difference in morale and skill, meaning they can't be relied on to hold the line, and thus require heavy support, However, their lack of morale can be useful to bait an opponent into overextending their cavalry to rout them, where you can use your own superior cavalry to either exploit the gap or punish them

Dwarfs only have one dedicated anti large unit, slayers, but they are vulnerable to any anti infantry unit, due to their complete lack of armour, but can also double as a damaging tarpit due to their weapon skill and unbreakable traits.
However, all dwarf shield infantry + Great weapon longbeards have charge defence against all, meaning they rob monsters/cavalry of their impact, and rely on their armour and weapon skill to either win the day, or hold the line long enough for you to get other units in to help

Vampire Zombies are a tarpit for them to bring their more effective anti large units to bear, and their Skeletal Spearmen serve as a general deterrent. They can also use Cairn Wraiths against non magical large units to nullify their damage to a degree

You get the idea.
>>
>>389838254
It could somewhat work but the skill and controls requirement would be high.
>>
File: 1443581701509.png (28KB, 490x585px) Image search: [Google]
1443581701509.png
28KB, 490x585px
>>389838254

After it comes to steam

:^)
>>
File: justin-trudeau.jpg (51KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
justin-trudeau.jpg
51KB, 620x465px
>>389825129

They are mostly bought by cucks and betas who gotten beaten this much in their life by bullies, blacks and gamesworkshop, that they are literally grateful for it.
>>
>Want to enjoy this game
>Feel like learning it is a total slog
>End up just selecting all units and clicking at their units

Anyone else know this feel or is this game just not for me? I started for Dracula, was that a wrong choice?
>>
>>389825396
This. I know I enjoy lining up a few hundred guys and watching them all die. Might come from playing with army men growing up....Whats worse is I usually made their own guys betray them when I played. So when anyone allies with me, I just laugh and start to surround them.
>>
>>389829943
Dwarf use animal fat as hairgel to get weird haircut.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.