[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone still play DBD when F13 is superior in EVERY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

File: F13.jpg (123KB, 655x399px) Image search: [Google]
F13.jpg
123KB, 655x399px
F13>>>>>Dbd
>>
Both are bad, just in different ways. DbD wasn't designed around party play and yet that is what you get at higher levels of play, so only a handful of killers like the Nurse can even stand a chance. F13 is bad mainly because the devs still haven't fixed 90% of the launch issues over 3 month later.

Ultimately, F13 wins out because its female characters are actually attractive.
>>
>>389823843
Wtf are you even talking about. F13 has been getting patches SINCE launch. Unless you're a console peasant in which case, I wouldn't be surprised. F13 has minor bugs if anything that are almost completely gone while DBD looks and plays like shit.
>>
>>389823916
Even on PC there was a literally two month period with not a single patch, not even a hotfix. There are still tons of major bugs, new ones are added with each patch, and the majority of the perks and several Jason traits are still broken over 3 months later.
>>
>>389823970
2 months isn't very long for a game that'll probably be played for years to come. I can agree with some of the perks being off but that's pretty much the biggest issue. If we don't get sidetracked by bs like that, GAMEPLAY wise F13 is far superior.
>>
>>389824075
>2 months isn't very long for a game
It's an extremely long period of time for a game to go completely unpatched, and for a game that had just been released, I don't think that's ever happened before.

F13 will die because the devs seem allergic to patching the game in a timely manner, and prefer to bundle every single thing they're working on into one big update instead of doing things incrementally, a content update here, a patch there. I guess they're trying to save on money and manpower when patching consoles, which is a lot harder than patching on PC.

I'll agree the gameplay in F13 is mostly better, which is why I play it. I only play DbD occasionally, and only to play Nurse, the one killer that isn't a cuckold.
>>
>>389824238
>Extremely long period of time
You talk all this shit as if DBD is doing much better. Stop finding small things to cry about.
>>
>>389824603
It wasn't doing much better at launch, if anything it was worse, but it is mostly fine now and that's all that really matters.
>>
Why is it that every F13 thread starts off intentionally shitting on DBD? Is the game that boring that the only thing people can do is talk about how it isn't shit compared to another game?
>>
>>389823657
>$40
That's why, not buying it until it's half price or lower
>>
>>389824764
Every F13 thread is made by the same guy and he really hates DbD.
>>
>>389824238
Not that anon, but that argument goes out of the window the moment the game gets a patch.
>>
>>389824828
Poorfag much?
>>
>>389824890
It will take twenty more patches and a full year at this rate. Hell, they can't even release fanservice DLC in a timely manner.
>>
File: Sleepytime.jpg (26KB, 600x629px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepytime.jpg
26KB, 600x629px
>>389824764
No you cuck. It's because they're the 2 most prevalent asymmetrical multiplayer horror games out rn. I'm just explaining why one is clearly superior to the other.
>>
>>389824764

I can't yell if this guy is extremely autistic or a legit paid shill

Look how fucking retarded these replies are

>>389825195
>>389825132
>>389824603
>>389823916

You've got to be getting paid to type this kind of shit out
>>
>>389825132
No, it's just double the price of it's competitor and I have better things to spend money on currently, I personally don't think it's worth it's asking price
>>
Why do people freak out when I leave a match in F13? I'm a Jason player, I don't do counselors.
>>
>>389825393
Except it's competitor is ugly as hell in terms of graphics, shittier in terms of game play, and was basically crapped out with less quality than an indie game.
>>
>>389823657
>went to check ssteamcharts
>F13: 24h peak 2k players
>DBD: 24h peak 20k players

lol
>>
>>389825328
Yeah, Autistic because I prefer one over the other. That's logical. BTW attacking someone's comments without any argument yourself doesn't make you look cool faggot.
>>
They are both shit games
>>
>>389825631
That only proves that the masses are retards. Not hard to which side you're on.
>>
>>389826113
>t-those who disagrees with me are retards.

lol

I don't even play both of these games but this is hilarious.
>>
>>389825631
DbD is more popular for two reasons.

1: It's half the price and frequently discounted

2: More importantly, it has a ton of grinding and a perk system that incentivizes you to keep playing, just one more match until you can get your next perk, so that you can eventually put together a good build that will allow you to compete. Perks make or break you in DbD. And every few months they add new perks that are intentionally overpowered to force people to grind those perks so they can incorporate them in their builds. And then they nerf the new killer perks into the ground while leaving the survivor perks overpowered, but that's another issue.

F13 doesn't have this. Its grind is a lot less personalized, you just spend points to roll for a random perk and then sell it back when it is inevitably garbage. There are only a handful of perks that are worth using and of those only around 1/3 of them actually work because the devs never playtested the game even once during development. So F13 has no real sense of progression outside of unlocking characters, which is over fast, and unlocking clothing. Without the grind and sense of constant, match-by-match progression, F13 quickly gets old for most people, while they can keep fixing generators over and over again in DbD because it has an addictive feedback loop like most multiplayer games.
>>
>>389825631
Now post the console numbers.
>>
File: bait for the bait god.jpg (19KB, 325x310px) Image search: [Google]
bait for the bait god.jpg
19KB, 325x310px
>>389823657
>>
File: 1466005951686.png (259KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1466005951686.png
259KB, 900x675px
>>389826371

I play DBD for the chase game, not the perk game. I don't roll any perks when I play and I wear the most obnoxious colors (all red Dwight) to prove my dominance.

Although I realize I'm in the minority. I'm also in the minority that doesn't palette loop or teabag at the nearest palette. I play the game to run away and break line of sight, not to sit by a pile of wood. I don't know how people find that fun.
>>
>>389826615
I'm terrible at running away from the killer in DbD. I'm actually much better at that in F13, even when playing slow characters.

For me, DbD survivor play is about stealthily finishing generators and avoiding the killer while everyone else deals with chases and unhooks.
>>
>>389825631
This, to be totally honest. I really wanted Friday to be good and the Beta event, while not amazing, showed some promise.
And then it turns out they barely changed anything from Beta to release and it had almost all the same problems except Nigress > all else, which got fixed.
>The same dead faces that try to express emotion in the most visually boring ways possible
>The same issue of "spawn in major area and die in 5 seconds because Jason always warps there"
>Jason isn't particularly scary
>Breaking out of his grip is the easiest thing in the world, which incentivizes Jason players to just use their instant kill moves before you can instead of an Environmental (the things that sold most of the movies)
And then the bans started.
>Game is rated M for mature
>Ban a guy for badmouthing a 13 year old because he was coincidentally in a game with the community manager of Turtle Rock Studios (Evolve)
>Then make a set of rules that are comically way out of line and overly safe-spacey for the game
And I dropped it like a ten ton rock off a cliff. Still haven't gone back to Dead by Daylight either. Or Damned.
>>
>>389826783
>The same issue of "spawn in major area and die in 5 seconds because Jason always warps there"
Not an issue. Unless he nails you with multiple knives before you can get a medspray, in which case you fucked up big time, then it is impossible for Jason to catch anyone before he gets shift, which takes like 3 minutes.
>>
File: Splinter Cell.jpg (809KB, 1402x2491px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter Cell.jpg
809KB, 1402x2491px
>>389826765

That's essentially how I play DBD as well. I don't go out of my way to get caught. I try my absolute best to be a fucking ghost.

But when I get caught, man does the adrenaline start pumping. Nothing's more satisfying than losing a killer by hiding in plain sight and then slowly slipping away to the next generator.

The way I see DBD is that it's a game of Pac-Man where I'm the Ghost, and Pac-Man is always on Power Pellet mode.
>>
>>389826839

Are you trolling

This happens almost every game and it's very frustrating
>>
>>389826934
I literally cannot lose the killer ever so I don't really enjoy DbD. Once I'm spotted I'm hooked. This is with over 500 hours played.
>>
>>389826839
>In just over a minute, a defense force response
If you spawn on the 2nd floor of Higgins, you either have to book it out of there and get nothing or hope for once he doesn't warp there while you scrounge for materials, then jump out the 2nd floor window when he comes on up, fail to get a med-spray because RNG loot, then he whacks you twice and you die.
>>
>>389826934
Your analogy is shit. There is literally zero reason you should ever lose as a survivor in DbD.
>>
>>389826965

Watch some "survivor mains" on twitch, chances are there's something very simple you're not doing
>>
>>389826945
Jason literally cannot catch you without shift. If you aren't playing Lachappa or Jenny you can outjog even a running Jason, nevermind a zombie. He can only catch you after a very long time of you jogging with zero sprinting. Just sprint for 2 seconds every once in a while and you're golden. Go to buildings when necessary to regain stamina and waste his time.

Jason should not be getting any kills until he gets shift.

>>389826970
Yes, you're going to have to book it out of there and get nothing, or at least just go to the northern cabins and hope there's something there. Or you can just hide in a hiding spot since it takes him 40 seconds or so to get sense and he can't pick you up in a hiding spot early on in the match. Once he leaves, start looting.
>>
F13 needs new content in the fucking worst way. Shit is boring as fuck after 10 hours
>>
>>389826965

I don't think I can offer any tips if you got 500 hours in.

Have you played killer at all? I found that it helped my survival game quite a bit after I mained Billy for 3 months straight.
>>
>>389823657
i just like to play video games lmao
>>
>>389827120
I play killer plenty. That doesn't help you figure out how they lost you, because if you knew, you wouldn't have lost them. I'm just as bad at chasing as I am at evading the killer, which is why I play Nurse.
>>
>>389826970
>spawn in higgins
>Run outside to the north
>Stop moving and camp
>Jason can't find me because no sense and I'm not moving
>Wait for him to leave

Wow so hard
>>
>>389827150
>chasing
Not that guy, but it's hilarious how many times I lose a Killer just by crouching behind a Generator and circling around it.
>>
because f13 has absolutely terrible devs
>>
>>389827275
>All major bugs have been fixed
>New gameplay content is free

Wow fuck them.
>>
>>389827320
>ban people for experiencing bugs
>ban people because a friend of one of the devs doesn't like them
>>
>>389827228

It's honestly one of the best strategies that I don't see utilize often. If I see a killer bolt to my generator and I'm hiding behind it, I don't bolt, I just wait for him to kick it and then circle around.

Works every fucking time.
>>
>>389827406
>Ban a couple people for continually exploiting bugs
>Ban one person for threatening to rape a minor

Wow fuck them
>>
>>389827419
A smart killer who is willing to spend a few seconds kicking it will also spend a few seconds circling around it.
>>
>>389827419
It's mostly cause the damn Generators have models with no gaps whatsoever, so you literally can't see movement unless you're at least at a 90 degree angle to the thing you wanna see.
>>
>>389824764
because DbD stole the entirety of F13's audience before it even came out, and F13 failed to even remotely capitalize on the huge momentum it had. DbD's made by some literal who leafs whose previous experience is entirely shovelware garbage and F13 had a million dollar budget and people involved in the actual movies and couldn't unseat them.
They're both fine games, but honestly I think that DbD taking the audience first and being more "streamer friendly" mechanically (shorter matches, more frequent killer/survivor interactions, more opportunities to be shitheads with ebin jukes, etc). F13's just too slow comparatively for that group.
>>
>>389827542
That's fine with me. DbD can have the fucking Twitch audience while I play with actual horror fans in F13.
>>
>>389827542
>shorter matches
In my experience, unless the survivors win very fast the match ends up taking forever because the last two survivors are reluctant to do any work and just want to wait for the other to die so they can have the hatch. And then you have a hatch standoff.
>>
>>389827480

Blatant paid shill
>>
>>389827494
smart killers also use sound cues
cranking your volume and taking a few seconds to listen now and then works wonders. Even uninjured survivors make noises, especially with that nurse perk
>>
File: 431.png (388KB, 600x689px) Image search: [Google]
431.png
388KB, 600x689px
>>389827704

>First week of Nurse release
>My entire team wipes
>Have to fix 4 generators by myself
>She keeps patrolling all the generators
>Play the long game and repair every fucking generator by 5-10% and move on to another random one, never stay in one spot for too long
>This goes on for several minutes, have several close encounters with the Nurse just floating past me
>Manage to get all remaining gens to 99%, even the extra ones
>Start my master plan
>Pop them all one by one, with no clear order
>All gens popped
>Nurse starts warping between both exit gates
>Find the hatch and escape through there
>>
F13 can't win with only 3 maps. It needs at least 6 to compete.
>>
File: 1503613326548.png (528KB, 707x541px) Image search: [Google]
1503613326548.png
528KB, 707x541px
>>389827480
>Ban one person for threatening to rape a minor

Yeah, this didn't happen. Gunmedia is forced to stick to this story now though since their CM might actually be mentally retarded. They doubled down on the story when pressed and refused to actually post any evidence after letting it slip that the ban was made on the 'hearsay' of someone 'they trusted' who wasn't affiliated with the company.

Beyond that, the fact that they can put a big red "BANNED" on your steam profile, not even for exploiting or cheating (which would be justified) but for being an asshole is reason enough to steer clear. Nobody's gonna put their steam account up to the tribunal of a bunch of knuckleheads on Twitter.

The PS4 version may be doing well but the Steam version is already dying, and it's probably because Austin is such a fucking idiot. (Go check out their official discord, he is incredibly detached from the reality of the situation). Shame, it was a fun beta.

Why do Community Managers always fuck up like this?
>>
>>389828021
Well, it does have 6 now, but the new 3 are just smaller, modified versions of the old ones meant for shorter matches.
>>
>>389828021
It has 6 now, with 8 soon.
>>
>>389827991
Sounds fucking intense dude, a formative match. Did that get you hooked on the game right then and there?
>>
>>389828042
>Why do Community Managers always fuck up like this?
Because that's the kind of person who is drawn to that field of work.
>>
>>389828050
>>389828049
Please, the small ones don't count.
>>
>>389828092
Oh absolutely. I actually purchased several more copies of Dead By Daylight™ by Behavior Interactive™ after that match to gift to several of my friends.
>>
>Last Year beta was pushed to next month

Anyone else excited? It will be the best of the three I hope.
>>
>>389828092

I was hooked since the beta. The game is nice for short burst sessions. But man, the fucking matches that take 30 minutes up to an hour are fucking something else.
>>
>>389828198
Apparently the game is in such a rough state that they aren't even going to allow the beta players to stream or talk about the beta. So the game is still two years away or something like that.
>>
File: Sad Coop.png (455KB, 626x496px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Coop.png
455KB, 626x496px
>>389828254
Source?
>>
>>389828252
They're just tedious as fuck. Fortunately most killers have the Whispers perk at this point so you're never going to be able to pull shit like this >>389827991 off anymore.
>>
>>389823657
I enjoy F13 far more but it has its fair share of bugs. They also recently fucked up the windows and refuse to revert them to how they were. So one of the mechanics that worked 100% fine, they ruined, and in the process caused a bunch of other issues.

If the game wasn't fun I'd badmouth it to hell and back. Sucks the windows will be forever fucked but if they can iron out the other shit and if single player is fun, should still be worth it. Which won't be out until Soon™.
>>
>>389828608
Actual question but what window bug? I've played maybe 10 hours since the last patch and haven't had any window problems?
>>
>>389828608

What did they do to the windows?
>>
>>389828198
seems like it'll be very different gameplay from the others, especially DbD
probably much slower, and more mindgames. I haven't seen anything since the first time they showed off gameplay but I'm hoping it's unique from the others and actually fun. A slasher game renaissance won't be any good if all the games just copy each other
>>
>hide and seek is better than a game of catch
i dunno man
>>
>>389828198
>three
Don't forget Damned.
>>
>>389828751
>A slasher game renaissance won't be any good if all the games just copy each other

Can't wait for all the shit posting

>DBD? F13? Pfft! Those are so LAST YEAR! Check out THIS game /v/. Fuck those games, this is the new hotness.
>>
>>389828630
>>389828642
Before Jason could just go up to a window, swing his weapon, and break it. Part 6 and Savini for example could break them from a few feet away. Only one type of window required you use combat stance, but every Jason could break every window.

Now you must be right on top of the window even as 6 and Savini so you can get a window break prompt. If a counselor is in front of a window you cannot break the window. If they are going through a window swinging will not damage them nor break the window. You cannot shift into a window while a counselor is trying to go through, swing, and break it. It's a free pass for them to get away now and no longer feels like Jason like the old method.
>>
>>389828630
>>389828642
You used to just attack the windows to break them. You could also hit people through them or as they go through. Now you have to smash the windows with a flaccid, precanned animation which requires you walk right up to them. You cannot do this while someone is in a window animation, even once they're on the other side of the window and are getting up. And you can't hit them as they go through, or through the window if they stay too close after getting inside. They killed the fun of smashing windows and nerfed Jason in the process.
>>
>>389828814

Hide and Seek goes out the window a minute into the match when Jason gets wall hacks.
>>
>>389828919
>And you can't hit them as they go through, or through the window if they stay too close after getting inside
windows was the one thing they objectively got better than DbD, and now you can't even hit them during the animation? Jesus christ who lets this happen
>>
>>389828876
From what I understand they did this because some people are stupid and just swing away at a vertical window instead of asking people. All anyone would have to answer with is combat stance. Two words.

Nope, let's make it worse because of idiots and create more issues in the process.
>>
>>389829005
They did it because some Jasons couldn't hit certain windows after they had been opened without going into combat stance and doing a heavy attack. Rather than change the window hitbox or just put a tip on how to smash those windows they threw the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>>389829114
I kinda wonder if it had something to do with their spaghetti code and some other thing they had to tweak. Like why would they be so adamant about not putting it back the old way which was obviously superior if there wasn't some other reason? Unless they consider stupid people being a good enough reason.
>>
i played DBD for like a year pretty regularly. i played f13 for like 3 weeks tops. f13 is more boring that DBD. its just shit.
>>
>>389831278
It's because DbD has the grind and perk builds. F13 doesn't. With F13, you can get better, but there's nothing to work towards besides clothing and perks that are 1% better than the ones you already have.
>>
File: tyrone sees your post.gif (316KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tyrone sees your post.gif
316KB, 200x200px
>>389824075
>a game that'll probably be played for years to come
>>
I want to squeeze AJs ass.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.