[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to spot Dark Souls casual >two handing weapons on PvE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

How to spot Dark Souls casual
>two handing weapons on PvE
>only using Estus Flask when HP is dangerously low
>healing in front of enemy
>not using lock-on
>summoning on boss on first try
>uses heavy armor (fat rolls)
What else?
>>
>>389815543
>Not 2H every weapon
>Not using the biggest weapons around
Non strength fags please leave.
>>
>>389815613
/thread
>>
>>389815543
I don't see how using 2h is casual. And maximizing the amount of healing you get per Estus isn't either.
>>
>>389815543
w h a t
>>
>>389815543
>using lock on

I think you're the casual, man.
>>
>Using weapons
>>
>makes threads like these

Fuck off retard, 5 of those things are either good to do or challenging, making it NOT casual.
>>
>>389815543
Playing any version other than console 1.0 at silky smooth 18 fps
Pure kino miyazaki artistic vision
>>
>>389815651
It's really casual, you don't do that much more damage, you hit slower and can't block 100%, casuals always 2H
>>
File: 1504750623653.png (211KB, 325x324px)
1504750623653.png
211KB, 325x324px
>>389815543
>using fingers to play the game
Bro
>>
>>389815543
>>389815763
this
not locking on is better unless the fight requires it to even be able to hit the boss.
>>
>>389815849
so you are saying making the game harder is casual?
>>
Everything except the last 2 are pretty normal
I mean
There's no reason not to 2 hand everything since you're better off dodging anyways
You shouldn't be wasting your estus when you're only missing a little bit of HP, better to use it when you absolutely need it
It's pretty safe to heal in front of an enemy if you know their moveset
Not locking on is advantageous against big bosses and large groups of enemies
>>
Fatrolling literally requires more skill to handle.
At this point, rolling is a crutch. It is not a trick or a special tool, it's a basic action. Every decent Dark Souls player can just roll out of everything because of iframes, and this is expected. Everyone from casuals to pro streamfaggots want to roll as their primary mode of mitigation. Path of least resistance.

I see a lot of courage in people who actually use heavy armour. A successful fatroll is an order of magnitude more impressive than a successful fast or midroll. Heavy armour is for thinking men.
>>
File: 1497651426300-1.jpg (77KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1497651426300-1.jpg
77KB, 621x621px
>Not doing a no skips no glitches no pyromancy no sorceries no miracles no armor no shields no rolling no parry no deaths no damage level1 fists only one handed 100% run

fucking casual
>>
>that guy who 2h his weapon with grass crest shield on his back
>that guy who switches armor vs elemental bosses
>that guy who killed the merchant to get the uchigatana
>that guy who mixes and matches armor from different sets
>>
>>389815543
>two handing is casual
Hahaha! Shield shitter detected
>>
>>389815980
They make it harder not because they want to but because they are too stupid to know better
>>
>>389815849
That sounds more like a "noob mistake" than "casual".
>>
File: 1501553066754.png (22KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1501553066754.png
22KB, 612x491px
hurr leveled dex meme aside, what's the most efficient way to use a heavy STR weapon?

I have a zweihander and plan to replace with demon's greataxe. but my heavy attacks are so slow most NPCs even bosses dodge em or hit me first, canceling my attack. Am I supposed to do mainly light attacks? Idk whats the optimal attack strategy. tips would be nice. pure STR build but i plan on leveling dex after for fun
>>
>>389816128
What the fuck are you talking about, everyone uses 2h for challenge or style. The moveset of a weapon also changes in 2h. Shields make the game boring after your first playthrough
>>
>>389816389
Using lighter weapon like Longsword is better because you can hit more times and lose less stamina
>>
>>389816554
2H is only good if you are good at rolling but i'm talking about noobs who can't time their rolls for shit
>>
File: 1369731045649.png (32KB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1369731045649.png
32KB, 260x195px
>>389815543
>>two handing weapons on PvE
It usually does significantly more damage if you're using a strength weapon. You're confident enough to space well enough to not get hit and need a shield offhand.
>>only using Estus Flask when HP is dangerously low
Sounds efficient
>>healing in front of enemy
If they can bait an attack, out space it then heal in their face good for them.
>>not using lock-on
The highest tier of play is only possible without lock on both in DS1 and DS3. You're especially hamstrung in DS1 where you can only roll in four directions while locked on.
>>summoning on boss on first try
>>uses heavy armor (fat rolls)
People who summon for their first playthrough shouldn't be allowed to post. Not really, I just don't understand how you could deprive yourself of that rush of adrenaline when you finally stomp the boss's shit into the dust.

More ACTUAL things
>drake sword + knight shield + gargoyle helm + base knight armour
>twohanding a longsword in any of the games other than DeS
>people who still use fallen knight + darksword in DS3 even after it was nerfed into shit because they read a guide
>being level 50 and not having any stat above 20
>trying to combine a type of magic with melee on their first character
>exiting the inventory by pressing B/circle repeatedly instead of start
>using the sword of the kirkhammer instead of learning how to time attacks properly
>>
>>389815543

>Mixing bait with non bait

Bretty gud. people are falling for it
>>
>not using lock-on

>He doesn't dead angle
Falchion/Katana R1 spam fag detected
>>
>>389815543
>How to spot Dark Souls casual
>see OP
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.