[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A sci-fi FPS with RPG elements that places a heavy emphasis on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 22

File: failure.png (1MB, 924x688px) Image search: [Google]
failure.png
1MB, 924x688px
A sci-fi FPS with RPG elements that places a heavy emphasis on player teamwork like an MMO is pretty much one of the best ideas you can have; it has the potential to draw in so many people and keep them locked in to make tons of money. It was even created by a huge company with massive resources, who is not new to the game.

So.

Why

The fuck.

Can't they do this fucking thing correctly?
>>
>>389815253
because greed
having a shitty game now means they have stuff to improve for the expansions
>>
>>389815253
The goddamn story and the entire point of the game is contradictory
Why do you have a story about a single Guardian who regains his Light and then proceed to drop them amongst 3 others at any given time
>>
>>389815253
Destiny was a mistake.
>>
Bungie need MS and MS need Bungie
>>
>>389815550
I wish luke smith answered this.
>>
>>389815253
I mean it was pretty good ngl. Sure there's missteps, but it's a hop, skip, and a world better than the first launch.

Genuinely don't know why everyone seems to hate on it so much.
>>
>>389815457
And stuff to improve means stuff they can charge extra for.
It's how companies get away with charging you $90+ for each title.
>>
>>389815550
Have you ever played WoW? FFXIV? Any MMORPG? There all like this. Why does every Paladun habe Ashbringer? Why does every Rogue have the Dreadblades? Why does everyone lead a class hall?

This sort of structure exists in every MMORPG.
>>
>>389815457
Greed? I didn't notice anything outwardly shitty, and since they've seemingly done away with mandatory microtransactions, I think they're actually moving away from greed.
>>
>>389815253
Warframe does everything Destiny does better
>>
File: 1504650309675.jpg (147KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1504650309675.jpg
147KB, 600x534px
How the hell did this game get a better score than the first one? The game feels less creative than the first
>>
>>389815253
>has the potential to draw in so many people and keep them locked in to make tons of money.
>created by a huge company with massive resources
/v/ dislikes these things
>>
>>389816826
WoW didn't start that way. That's how it is now. People literally cannot write stories anymore without you being the chosen one.
>>
File: 1500460028686.png (195KB, 432x550px) Image search: [Google]
1500460028686.png
195KB, 432x550px
>>389817130
>muh immersion
Either make a valid complaint or don't bother complaining.
>>
>>389817130
I mean, even in Destiny 1 you were the Guardian spearheading these things in the storyline, there just happened to be other Guardians along for the ride and you weren't notable until the real big shit happened and you kept coming out on top.

Destiny 2 sort of took it towards the inevitable conclusion.
>>
>>389817351
>the story is retarded
>yeah but every story is retarded
>no they weren't
>yeah well >muh immersion
>>
>>389817112
Oh, I think you have a typo there.

>People like a game
/v/ dislikes these things.
>>
>>389817446
>the story is not good because this reason, and therefore it is not a good game
>but all games of this genre have a story that contains that aspect

>VANILLA WUZ BETTUR

Stop. If you want to make a complaint thats relevant to the game, then go for it. But don't shit on it for something that most all other MMORPGS get a pass for.
>>
>villain sucks
>not enough interaction with NPCs or actual story
>>
>>389817351
>no valid arguments himself

Your concession was valid, though. Accepted.
>>
>>389817102
Because it's a better game.
>>
>>389817854
What do you want me to rebut? The lack of immersion?

Tell me more about the immersion in Borderlands. Or Warframe. Or any lootershooter of the genre. There is little to none, because of the repetitive nature of the endgame content. It's unrealistic to judge a game on an aspect that the entirety of the games genre abstains from. It's the equivalent of talking about the Puzzles in Halo. There are none, because it's simply not that type of game.
>>
>>389815253
You are seriously overstimating the value of the premise
The demo killed it for newcomers, literally showed nothing but bog standard fps gameplay and the coop mission is a fucking snoozefest, literally one fucking weapon drop is not nearly enough to justify replaying the same boring fucking mission.

Gameplay and mechanics-wise its literally Borderlands with a few more options that dont really add depth, the armor equipment system might as well not exist since you dont touch in the demo, a melee reskin, a fuck-off kill everything skill and one extra skill you can use whenever which is unfotunately a single step in the right direction inside a long walk towards entertaining gameplay.

There was already a consensus that Destiny was little more than a competent game that didnt innovate at all, but now Destiny 2 just feels like some desperate loser trying to force an unfunny joke for the second time, its also intriguing that everyone actually got hyped and seemingly forgot how mediocre the first game was.

As it stands, Warframe was, and still is the better game, if you can stand or ignore the late game grind that has since been somewhat reduced early on, it simply contains meatier gameplay, actual movement mechanics and is undeniably much, much deeper than Destiny ever was thanks to mods and skill interactions.

That such a comparison with a free game of all things exists is a testament to the souless hunk of boredom and simplicity that Destiny is.

>inb4 brainlets reply with tl;dr
>>
>>389818404
>Warframe is a better game
Oh boy anon better get mommy's credit card so you can buy more platinum!

In all seriousness, I think you're judging the game on an extremely dishonest pretense. You seem to have only played the beta, so please leave the actual reviewing to people that have, you know, played the game.

A lot of the criticism you have is shedded by the endgame.
>>
>>389817102
The game is significantly better than the first. Pretending otherwise is retarded.
>>
>>389816475

This. Bungie was the king and everyone wanted to dethrone them. Halo CE single-handedly carried the OG XBox for years. The XBox brand was actually relevant. XBox Live wouldn't be what it is without Halo 2 & 3. Now Bungie makes a loot & shoot "MMO" and XBox might as well not even exist.
>>
>>389818404
You didn't play a demo. You played a beta. A beta that only showed one out of 30+ missions. But if judging a book by its cover strikes your fancy, then go right ahead, but don't expect people to take your uninformed opinion as nothing else but what it is: uninformed, and probably parroted from what other people in the same situation as you have said.
>>
>>389818404
Spot on.
>>
>if we had to score it now

fucking lol at those websites having to rush their reviews to cater to short attention spanned teens who grew up with smartphones. Must be pretty shitty being a journalist nowadays.
>>
File: Destiny 2 Scoops.jpg (209KB, 392x960px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny 2 Scoops.jpg
209KB, 392x960px
>>389818404
.t fag who has no friends to play with
>>
File: zero outta ten.jpg (37KB, 750x615px) Image search: [Google]
zero outta ten.jpg
37KB, 750x615px
>>389818404
Spoken like a true moron.
>>
>>389818691
Dropped Warframe because of DE's incompetence ages ago my dude, still better gameplay and depth than Destiny by miles.

>>389819162
Indeed it was a beta, doesnt refutes much of anything i've said though, all of that is obvious from the little ive played, also weird that they would make an open fucking beta and not try to attract newcomers. If that was ever the intention they failed miserably.

>>389819586
Nice assumption, but i played with a friend, who bought it on PS4 to play with pleb friends, we went straight back to Overwatch after a single round of coop because that mission was too boring, he would never admit it though, to defend his purchase and because he is somewhat insecure.

>>389819627
Delicious
>>
>>389820576
>we went straight back to overwatch
now the retardation makes sense
>>
>>389815253
>If we had to score it now...
Isn't that their fucking job?
>>
>>389818404
All accurate. Fuck Bungie apologists.
>>
File: 1503809944348.gif (2MB, 245x207px) Image search: [Google]
1503809944348.gif
2MB, 245x207px
>>389816665
>He literally paid $60 to eat shit
>>
>>389821349
>he's having fun
yeah fuck him am i right?
>>
>>389821349
>people enjoy things
/v/ hates this
>>
File: IMG_6940.jpg (22KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6940.jpg
22KB, 260x194px
>>389818404
>>
>>389815253
8.2 (Great+.2)
>>
File: Capture+_2017-09-10-06-53-31.png (280KB, 1440x2703px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-09-10-06-53-31.png
280KB, 1440x2703px
>>389821349
>60$
Not him, but I got it for 21$ and im having fun
>You have converted 1199 RUB to USD: 20,92 US Dollars
>>
>>389815253

You do, it's released and people want to know whether or not they should buy it right now

the fuck is this bullshit even
>>
Are exotics more common in this game and is there a chance to just get them in drops?
>>
>>389823726
Seems like it, and yes.
>>
>>389817130
WoW did start that way. Even its base questlines were U DA BES
>>
>>389821939
what site anon
>>
>>389817053
Warframe's PvP is atrocious
>>
>>389819356
Fucking exactly this. I knew things were heading in a bad direction when I started seeing that 'review in progress' shit popping up. Like no shit, do you think we couldn't wait a few days?
>>
>>389824853
What the fuck are you on about
WoW had you start as a soldier who was gradually deputized and given more freedom as you go from zone to zone. This is assuming you follow the arching questlines that send you to each quest hub. Even the higher end shit treated you like a soldier among many.
>>
>>389821428
>>389821559
>>389821939
You guys are too far gone.
>>
>>389816826
>Have you ever played WoW? FFXIV? Any MMORPG?
No. No. No.

>This sort of structure exists in every MMORPG.
>Asked as part of the latest Bungie Weekly Update if the studio ever gets tired of people called Destiny an MMO, the developer said it enjoys the constant debate about how to classify the game.
>"Not at all. Do you guys ever get tired of us insisting it's not an MMO?"
>>
File: 20170908_174252_HDR-01.jpg (3MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170908_174252_HDR-01.jpg
3MB, 4160x2080px
>>389824997
plat ru .. look up destiny 4 ps4 and choose seller with best feedback and also follow instructions closely, all responsibilty if you fuck up is up to you
>>
>>389819162
>You didn't play a demo. You played a beta.
It's not a fucking beta if the game's already completed, you blithering seventh-gen console adopting retard. At fucking best it could be called a server stress test.
>>
>>389815253
IS it wrong that I wish I could solo raids and not have to put myself through that Fucking horrendous app in order to play with random strangers who give up after 3 wipes straight?
>>
>>389824997
*plati

>>389825289
Please stop. It has been long known that majority of /v/ doesnt like and play videogames no matter how good or bad they are
>>389824585
thanks
>>
>>389824997
*destiny 2 ps4

fuck
>>
>>389825423
Destiny 2 is not worth playing.

8.2 is not good.
>>
How does a game like CoD still hit 60 fps despite looking a lot better while Destiny still struggles to consistently stay at 30 fps?

>b-but Destiny is more open
Still doesn't explain why PvP isn't 60 fps considering how small the maps are.
>>
>>389816826
Yeah, except UO, SWG, EVE, and so on.

Oh right, you're an underage WoW babby.
>>
>>389825754
Post processing, physics, AI and particles.
Things that are basically tax-heavy on the CPU that could EASILY be fixed by having dedicated servers and moving the AI and physics over to the cloud, but activision is too fucking cheap to implement dedicated servers.
>>
>>389816953
I don't think you understand. They implement a season pass/DLC slow drip for over the next 3 years to do the following

>unlock content that's already in the CD/game itself so you're paying for content you already owned when you assumably bought at full price 60$

>if the first point isn't the case, than the only reason you'd pay for the season pass is for bungie to come up with something new that was probably not meant to be in the game or was still not ready for the actual game by launch. You're literally buying a season pass for possibly nothing until Bungie makes something up. It's like buying a movie ticket for a movie that doesn't even exist. Or kickstarter. /v/ loves kickstarters.

TLDR. They had a full product, cut it up, are either selling you the game back or making shit up in order to appease the rabbid Destiny fans who desperately want it to be successful.

Legit, Destiny 1 survived solely because the delusional hacks on Reddit gave Bungie a chance and now they're talking a mile from the inch they've been given and continuing their slimeball ways. Luke Smith embodies this in every tweet.
>>
>>389825880
>tax-heavy
>cloud
this guy totally knows what he is talking about.
lets all sit crosslegged around him.
>>
Does this game actually have no difficulty settings? It looks insanely boring with how it is.

And wow, death doesn't matter either? What an utterly sterilized experience this must be.

I get the feeling the singleplayer is something you drag yourself through for the sake of the multiplayer.
>>
>>389826040
You get what I mean faggot, PS4 and XBone have shit CPU's which makes the game difficult to run at higher refresh rates.
That's why Titanfall 2 runs really well, AI is handled by the cloud and it all runs on dedicated servers. Crackdown 3 wouldn't be possible without dedicated servers thanks to the shit CPU.
Is that a better explanation?
>>
Every thread on /v/ I've seen about Destiny 2 is taking it for granted that the game is dogshit and I literally have no idea why.

Like, Destiny 1, I got it, that game had a lot wrong with it at launch but I'm just stymied right now.
>>
>>389821349
>poorfag seething mommy wont buy him a destiny 2 copy
>>
>>389817130
For one, WoW did have a lot of that even in vanilla. Besides, at this point it would make even *less* sense for the person who has personally fucked multiple elemental lords apart, pushed 2 eldritch abominations back into their prisons made by literal gods, and purged the corrupting essence of one of said eldritch horrors to be treated as a rank and file soldier.
>>
>>389825341
Yo if you're still here, you think this guy is legit? https://www.plati.com/itm/just-cause-3-ps4-eur/2106612
Seeming kinda sketch due to it not saying to activate the account as primary
>>
>>389819586
Ghaul spends the entire game bitching that the thing he stole doesn't like him and then he dies like a bitch in the end (literally "you started small and you will end small").

Just sayin'.
>>
>>389819162
>You didn't play a demo. You played a beta.

Oh yeaahhh... I can't wait for the perfect finished game in less than one month. They are going to add so much stuff and include so many new features!
>>
The lore in this game is so dull and uninteresting. There aren't even any cute babes like Cortana or Miranda Keyes.
>>
>>389826446
>>389825347
His point is that the beta/demo/stress test/mid-summer bonanza only included
>The first mission
>One strike
>One Control map
>One Countdown map

It was a tiny fraction of the game, and not representative of much more than very basic mechanics. The in-game loot system is completely different, for example.
>>
>>389826056
There's a normal game, and then there's the post-end content.
The normal game is piss-easy and is meant to be more of "experience" than challenge. A combination of smooth, easy gameplay with satisfying weapons, great particles effects, and fantastic artwork and scenery make for a solid scripted FPS experience.
It might not be for you, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

As for challenge, there's so-called no-respawn zones, usually a boss or particularly difficult area. Dying means having to restart from the beginning of a checkpoint; that is, it could be right before or it could set you back significantly. Especially with the bullet-sponge bosses, the main ones whom actually do have mechanics you need to achieve to defeat them based on the plot of the particular mission.
The real kicker comes from the Nightfall and Raid, where the difficulty is cranked up as you take more damage and enemies are usually much harder to kill. You need a competent team to get through it without frustration at the difficulty.

That's just PvE. I'm not interested in PvP too much.
>>
File: banner.jpg (15KB, 193x296px) Image search: [Google]
banner.jpg
15KB, 193x296px
I'm having a good time, the problem is the lack of choice
>cant choose what crucible mode I want to play and have to do shit like zone control instead of just team deathmatch which is honestly all anyone wants to be doing
>can't choose which strike I want to do so I end up repeating strikes and haven't even seen them all yet

I will probably stop playing once the raid launches and I Can get through it and I will have been satisfied
>>
>>389815253
>only an 8.2
You know what? Good. More content for me and my friends. Probably a bunch of butthurt dataminers and trolls who look at reviews and can't form an opinion for themselves who won't be playing. Thank the stars for that. Hopefully that means one can discuss this game on /v/ without idiots shitting up the threads
>>
99% of the characters are absolute garbage (I actually like Failsafe) and Bungie still can't write a plot to save their life. Near the end of the last mission I was getting annoyed. Domnius is just EVIL GUY WHO WANTS THE THING. He even fucking says "witness the dawn of a new age" and I sighed.

I was happy when that idiotic campaign ended so I can get to what I like about Destiny, which is just teaming up with friends and running strikes and getting new stuff. That part of the game is really fun. I don't mind buying the season pass.

One thing about the plot that bothered me is that the 3 main Canguard people all lost their light because fucking who cares why (I doubt even Bungie knows why). Why doesn't your character just tell them to go to the shard out in the EDZ and get it back?
>>
>>389826469
I know you're just shitposting, but the Books of Sorrow were the fucking bomb.

>an entire galactic federation with anti-matter weapons consumed by undead insect monsters from space after decades of total war
>>
>>389826635
Yeah, I'm actually pretty bothered by both of these things. I mean, I get it, they don't want a ton of unpopulated playlists, but I'm really not down for playing Clash or Supremacy when I wanna play Control. And why the fuck are Strikes playlist exclusive.

At their best in Destiny 1, Strikes were the culmination of a short storyline that stretched out over a couple of missions. Like how Omnigul kept fucking with you over the course of Dark Below and you finally tracked her down. Just reducing them to totally random self-contained missions feels like a pretty big step backwards. It doesn't help that if you hit the playlist and go into the strike late, you'll have no fucking clue what the story is at all.
>>
I'm having fun with destiny but without friends its a total waste of time more so than other games. The only real change that makes it feel like a sequel aside from the way you gear up is pvp which is much better IMO than destiny 1.
>>
File: 1504729970897.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504729970897.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
Destiny is one of those games I keep hearing about, but I never hear anything all that good or all that bad about it. It's just always there.
>>
File: Mc1BtBs.png (334KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mc1BtBs.png
334KB, 1280x720px
>>389826395
traxk record is alright, but always activate as primary, thats no1 rule since all you want is to login in to that acc, start downloading what you want from library, set as primary, log out and play on you acc.
>>
>>389826690
>all lost their light because fucking who cares why (I doubt even Bungie knows why).
Ghaul's machine covered the Traveler and drained everybody's Light. I thought that was obvious.
>>
I've never seen destbots get so destroyed
>>
>>389826635

>can't choose which strike I want to do so I end up repeating strikes and haven't even seen them all yet

this one drives me fucking crazy. i've run a ton of strikes and still haven't done all 6 because of repeats. they should have made it so you run all 6 first before they start repeating.
>>
>>389826780
Not that anon, but I think the self-contained stories were actually quite good.
It added depth to the story-telling and lore of the main game, while also managing to tell a competent mini-plot.

I don't know if I'll enjoy repeating them over and over, but I like them for what they are on a single playthrough.
>>
>>389826690
Remember how Cayde apprenelty lost his arm? That was weird how he had it back right away. Kinda figured maybe he'd hare to repair it since he's an Exo and all that but still. As for their light, who knows. Dlc material for all we know.

Plus come on, that roast from the speaker made me think that he wasn't talking about simply the travelers light. That fate itself can't be stop and that ghaul was not gonna last long trying to go agasint it.
>>
>>389826956
Theoretically, within a few weeks we'll have experienced them all because they'll have all been Nightfalls, at least.
>>
>>389826869
Ok cool, anyway to pay via paypal or do I have to would I have to use a debit/credit card cause fucking putting my info out like that.
>>
>>389825078
On the other hand, if they didn't do interim reviews, people might default to youtubers and miss the critic reviews later. I think the press is just adapting to the way games are released and discussed today.
>>
File: 1473305848954.jpg (91KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473305848954.jpg
91KB, 480x640px
>>389815253
>8.2
>Last game was a 7.8
>>
>>389825987
I'm afraid if you're still angry about season passes, you're just unwilling to accept a pretty much universal concept.
>>
Just played failsafe's end-game mission

>failsafe really loved the captain
>implied the captain was the only person who treated her as a conscious being and not just a machine
>finding out how the Vex fucking ran a simulation on him after scanning his corpse and were playing with us the entire time
>failsafe's reaction

FUCK
This is more upsetting that I thought it'd be.
>>
>>389815253
Jew greed+ lack of creativity
>>
i cried and peed a little when quip guy died :,(
>>
>>389815253
Let's be honest with ourselves. Did anyone think Bungie would really make a sequel where the vanilla content was worse than its predesesor? They legit put themeslves in a layup to look good with "improving" and game whose previous part was such a low bar to cross.

People who say they didn't care and love destiny anyway will just keep saying "it's better, it's better" I don't care if it's better. They went from bronze to silver and pretend its gold.
>>
>>389818404
>warframe
You haven't played warframe at all lately have you.

Its a real shame that a small percentage of addicts with credit cards can prop up such a shitty game for so long.

Warshit and MWO being some of the biggest offenders.
>>
>>389815253
The only truly bad thing about Destiny this time around is the god-awful shader system and the microtransactions.
Otherwise, it's a 9/10 from me.
>>
>>389827417
>here's some horrendously bad stuff
>but 9/10 anyways

Great review. IGN would hire you
>>
>>389827178
Yes, because it's "universal" I should tie the line like the rest of you sheep and pay for the preorders, tee collectoers deals and season passes.

Funny enough, the greatest games out they don't require a season pass but you tell yourself "it's normal". It's not, you allow them to tell you it's normal. But hey, part ways with your money. I won't shed a tear over it.
>>
>>389827507
>Here's some horrendous stuff that has extremely limited application and is relevant to very small parts of the game
>I have therefore deducted a small amount of points equivalent to the impact I believe this has on the video which I otherwise enjoy greatly

Congrats.
>>
>>389827507
>horrendously
Not really. The game is still very playable and enjoyable. No pay-to-win, really. Mostly cosmetic shit in RNG gambling, like the loot boxes in Overwatch.

Stop being a dramaqueen, boyo.
>>
>>389827508
duuuuuuude ur a badass
>>
>>389826690

Ghaul seemed cool in the sense that he wasn't the actual ruler of the Cabal, just the rogue leader of a defected legion that happened to become the most powerful, and getting the Light was the crown jewel to assure his reign so that the Cabal can't fuck itself up again. He was ignorant but he still refused to actually take things by force until he absolutely had to. In the end he basically admittee to failure by strangling his adopted father and taking the Light by force. I just wish the end didn't feel so hamfisted. Although, it was pretty baller to see Ghaul haphazardly use all the different abilities.

The reason no one could go to the Shard is because the first portion of Light you regained drained that area, and the second, smaller shard only juiced you up enough to restore your tertiary powers before exhausting. There was only enough uncorrupted, potent Light for one dude, and it sure as hell wasn't gonna' go to

>Fuck the City I'm a snarky bitch with quips for days
>Fuck the Traveler, fuck Farm, fuck planning, MUH CITY
>Mr. Lolsorandomexdee I'm actually too afraid to commit and hide my insecutites behind a jovial personality
>Boo hoo I'm literally going to go home and cry

You were literally the best choice for the limited resource. I enjoyed seeing these people who we were supposed to look up to have their more human, honest belly-sides exposed.

I assume the other PC Guardians found similar chunks of Traveler, hence why you see them fighting alongside you in the City at the end regardless the fact they weren't elsewhere in the plot.
>>
>>389827308
I feel like they went from bronze to bronze that is shinier and recently polished.
>>
>>389827508
How do you get anyone to take anything you say seriously?
>>
>>389815253
Its a glorified DLC
>>
>>389826690

Why don't you tell the other guardians about the traveller shard? Because it's literally only calling to YOU. The portal to it only opens for YOU. And without the portal it'd be a suicide run for any guardian who attempted to get to it because the entire area is infested with Fallen and later, Taken. And turns out it only had enough juice to power you and that's it. Just before you get your third subclass you stand in front of the shard and Ghost says how it has just enough light left to unlock the last of your former power.

Like no one else had the eagle dream calling them to the dead zone. You're the only Guardian who even went out there. You're the only one who can actually get to the shard because after your first trip, you're the ONLY guardian who can be rezzed by your Ghost.
>>
>>389827209

Well fuck.

I also really like how they were able to actually give Your Own Guilty Spark more personality rather than the sarcastic intellectual.

>>389826995

He may have very well been being sarcastic, since they were rushing him. They were all in the same spot when you got to him. But if he did actually lose it, I assume he hot his Light back like everyone else and had his arm restored.

That shit the Speaker said made me fucking laugh. "So feel free to kill yourself." Holy fucking shit that caught me out of left field.
>>
>>389827713
I don't need to convince anyone or be taken seriously. Most people understand the bullshit of triple AAA gaming industry and how they've mad enough people like you into sheep that fall for the hype machines, fall for the microtranstions and every little scheme designed to nickel and dime you at any chance given.
>>
>>389827672
I agree. I kinda felt bad for Ghaul because he seemed to care, in his own authoritarian way, about what happened to his people and how he could save them.

>hence why you see them fighting alongside you in the City
I think this is just Bungie trying to be cool by setting you up with other guardians at the end, even if they were not supposed to have any powers. The whole social space thing (patrols, the farm, etc...) when you're the only one who's supposed to have the light just seems silly.
>>
>>389827672

Everything about the plot seemed so anti-climactic. You lose your light and then just go and get it back by touching a shard. Cayde's stuck somewhere. You get him out. Zavala's overwhelmed. You break his siege. Ikora's just sad and you just...Make her happy? ikora's thing was easily the worst. They didn't give enough breathing time for a bit of characterization. It just rushed through everything, which I guess I get because it's not really the selling point for the game. People just want to grind for gear.
>>
Can't wait to see this baby in action.

After seeing how they did the Almighty, cosmic horror materialized, I'm fucking hyped.
>>
>>389827023
use card, pp there is limited to ukraine.
>>
>>389827960

>fall for the microtranstions

Fun fact. All the Eververse stuff can be had by just playing the game. Actual money gets you silver. Silver gets you Bright engrams. But you get Bright engrams for leveling past cap. So the microtransactions are literally for ADHD spazoids who require instant gratification.
>>
>>389815253
>FPS
instant deal breaker

>>
>>389827627
>>389827642
Clinical retardism is alive and well and provided unsurprisingly by the 19 year old new blood on /v/
>>
>>389827960
Yeah people are really getting their arms twisted over those cosmetics, you drama queen. How will the unwashed masses saved themselves from their own decision making abilities over cosmetics that have no real impact over gameplay? That's the real cancer of AAA, defiantly not the buggy barely functional games that are being popped out. I'll rephrase my question, how do you even take yourself seriously?
>>
>>389828031

I do for fucking hope that some option will let me go back to the city. Man did that feel fucking great running through the city streets. Felt straight outta' ODST. If I can't ever go back there I'ma be pissed.

>>389828105

I 100% completely agree on all of these points and wish they could have been more properly addressed. Oh well. I suppose it's as you say, with people wanting to get to "the meat and potatoes" of things.

>>389828193

Would be hilarious if the only thing keeping Bigger, Darker Evil (tm) at bay were the Cabal, which is why Ghaul was so damn adamant to become numbah wan and with the Light's last hoorah, you're on your own.
>>
>>389827926
Cayde definitely lost his arm. If you wait around, he talks about how he's gonna replace it. I guess he just replaced it between the end of the game and the new tower opening up.

Speaker was one of my favorite parts of the campaign after being such a giant fucking non-entity in Destiny 1. That "feel free to kill yourself" line was fucking perfect. Also,
>I said that I speak for the Traveler.
>I never said that it spoke to me.

I'd feel pretty bad if so much more got added to his character and then he just died without us ever so much as seeing his face, though.
>>
>>389815253
because they decided pumping 500 million dollars into it would make up for it being shit. like somehow it would make you clearly see it's value, surely
>>
>>389828105
Ikora is easily the dullest person in the game.

Otherwise, they were technically character arcs. Cayde coming to terms with the fact he can't always be the hero. Zavala, realizing they were so vulnerable because he's always been protecting the city from within, or as Ghaul puts it "cowering behind a wall", and so he's responsible for the destruction caused.

I agree they weren't the best part of the story, but it had a beginning, middle, and end.
>>
>>389828231
>Fps
>Actually hand eye skill
>Gets mmo virgins away from Chad Vidya
Get fucked virgin enjoy your mobas and skinnerbox bullshit
>>
>>389828334

>Would be hilarious if the only thing keeping Bigger, Darker Evil (tm) at bay were the Cabal, which is why Ghaul was so damn adamant to become numbah wan and with the Light's last hoorah, you're on your own.

I'm immensely curious about just what the fuck the Traveller inadvertently woke up at the end of the main story. Those ?ships? looked nothing like any of the enemy craft we've seen so far. They aren't Cabal. They aren't Fallen. They aren't Hive. The Vex don't use starships.
>>
>>389828376
He confessed to being a fucking fraud!
They would run his ass out if everyone found out.
>>
>>389818953
Damn right, nobody would even bat an eye at the original Xbox hadn't it been for Bungie's Halo and everyone was crazy about it, then two happened, a lot of fans were earned, then 3 and so on, it sucks that Bungie lost Halo to Microsoft, however, Halo lasted us a long while, to be honest, it's just that Bungie is now in need of a better publisher.
>>
>>389828469
>but it had a beginning, middle, and end.
Strong praise.
>>
>>389828213
I was legitimately stunned when I realized you get a Bright Engram every time you level up. It felt so much kinder than all the bullshit they did with Eververse in D1.
>>
>>389815253
Because it is a console game. It's an FPS on consoles. Of course it's gonna be shit. You'd be daft to excpect otherwise.
>>
>>389828105
To me, the campaign started out really fucking good, started rushing itself badly in the middle, but ramped up again really well around the time you got on the Almighty.

Walking around outside in space with the literal fucking sun bearing down on you was pretty neat shit.
>>
File: u0ymw2c3p8gsjsxyagnj.jpg (101KB, 1260x710px) Image search: [Google]
u0ymw2c3p8gsjsxyagnj.jpg
101KB, 1260x710px
>>389828540
I can't remember where I heard this, but there's lore credence that the big spooky "Darkness" is actually an intergalactic armada.

What purpose do they have?
Who knows?

Maybe they're trying to combat entropy, like QB or the Hive.
>>
>>389816826
>This sort of structure exists in every MMORPG.
Have you ever played one that's not a WoW clone? The answer is clearly no. Only bad games do this.
>>
>>389828624
When they cross that line I join your picket line annon. Until then, I only care about the gameplay aspect in my video games.
>>
>>389828645
>the blinding filter used
>the particle effects of thousands of tiny bits of fucking plasma hitting the metal hull

I wish I could replay this without replaying the entire game.
>>
would be better if you were just a grunt being part of something bigger and making a difference. not going down the path of the chosen one bullshit
>>
>>389828694
Very well than. Like I said. I can't stop people from throwing their money away. I just hope people know the reality of it all and put their foot down before it get to the point where Bungie is selling us premium ammo in the Eververse store that bungie insists (you can get it all in game, you don't NEED to buy it).

Mark my fucking words. They do this already do this in World of tanks and by god Activision it EA or someone will Fucking do it too.
>>
>>389828825
Campaign missions come up with Ikora as "Meditations.", wait until that mission comes up.
>>
>>389828907
There's only 4 at a time. It blows.
>>
>>389828580
Games with a bad plot can't get any of those right.
>>
>>389816826
Xiv does though. It's mentioned that the others you bring along are merely skilled adventurers
>>
>>389819162
you stupid nigger. it is literally not the cover you stupid god damned fucking retard.
i dont care about the game either way but you fucking low iq shit bags pulling horseshit out of your ass defending the crap you buy to protect your stupid ego needs to go.

you're only encouraging the industry to treat you like shit while taking your money. that's fine, but you fucking drag everyone down with you. then in 6 months you'll forget about the game completely and say how shit it is and you never liked it anyways. then they'll repeat the cycle and you flock to the next game like an abused house wife, because frankly you have nothing else going on in your life and you'll take any trash you can get. you caused this.

tl:dr; "you just want to be heard"
>>
>>389815253
Isn't the game fucking out? Give it a score.
>>
>>389828954
I agree, it's. Suboptimal. Same with the Adventures and Quests. A nice part of Destiny 1 was you could just pick any activity from the Director whenever you wanted. Dunno why they got rid of that.
>>
>>389829071
Probably haven't completed it
It's supposed to be 16 hours to beat the main+extras, but given they're slow learning reviewers it will probably take them 24 hours.
>>
File: header.jpg (134KB, 2048x800px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
134KB, 2048x800px
I don't hate Destiny, but I think it's very underwhelming and shallow. Not to mention Bungie/Activision's anti-consumer actions. But DAMN, I'm in love with the art team. I'll probably buy Destiny 2 just because I love the art style so much. I'd love for Bungie reboot Marathon and see what kind of makeover they give it.
>>
>>389826731
>The Gift Mast!

>It towers above this star system like a monument to treason. It beams with silver light. It sings a radio lullaby, made of soothing lies.

>In its light live the Harmony, and they are now our prey.

>Now arrives Xivu Arath, at the head of her armada. She fights the Harmony for fifty years with strategies and discipline. But the Harmony turn to dragon-wishes, and their wishful bishops wrestle Xivu in the ascendant plane.

>Xivu falls into deadlock.

>Next arrives Savathûn, flanked by her chorus and her celebrants. They trick their way onto Ana-Harmony in disguises, so that they might vivisect these dragons. The Worm our God laughs and laughs.

>For a hundred years Savathûn keeps secret covens among the Harmony.

>But first of all was Oryx, whose brood grew in secret places in the rubble of the accretion disc. The First Navigator sends rocks and comets to crash into the Harmony worlds, so that the Harmony fleet will be disarrayed. He sends seeders to infiltrate the Harmony worlds with his broods.

>Here at the center of the fifth book the Hive has grown so mighty that it has made the annihilation of all false life routine.

>Xivu Arath kills the wishful bishops, and Savathûn achieves some secret purpose, and Oryx’s Court tears down the Gift Mast. The Harmony people wail in terror, and they throw themselves into the silver lakes of Ana-Harmony to drown.

I love it when it gets dark like this.
>>
>>389829296
It came out 5 fucking days ago.
It's literally their fucking job to play the game.
>>
>>389829491
I feel like in the leaked Activision/Bungie contract from years ago it said if Destiny fulfilled some condition that Bungie could get resources to make a new Marathon game.
>>
File: 1491778688154.jpg (93KB, 745x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491778688154.jpg
93KB, 745x960px
>>389826731
>but the Books of Sorrow were the fucking bomb.
Not in game.
>>
>>389829071
they sometimes do this to games that aren't complete on launch, ie the Raid is coming next week and all the weekly/monthly events haven't cycled through so there's content they can't yet rate.
>>
File: 793899-kotick3.jpg (52KB, 478x415px) Image search: [Google]
793899-kotick3.jpg
52KB, 478x415px
Friendly reminder that multiple sources have basically confirmed that Destiny 1 was a fullblown feature complete game that was chopped up into little pieces about a year before release, because Bungie couldn't meet Activision's DLC plan requirements. This is what caused the shitstorm at Bungie a few years back.

"They ripped huge parts out to sell as DLC!" is not some hyperbole here, it's quite literally what happened. Activision took what was supposed to be Bungie's magnum opus and completely butchered it.

But I bet you'll still buy this anyway.
>>
>>389829586
Destiny had shit lore and plot, in-game.
Everyone can agree with that.
>>
>>389829586
Destiny 2 lore is ingame. Doesn't excuse the first games lack of it, but that's what happen when the writing staff is laid off halfway through development.

That being said, the grimoire is a good read and adds a lot of depth to the game. If it WAS ingame it would have improved Destiny 1 by a lot and probably altered the story to something a lot more interesting.
>>
File: destiny_rise_of_iron_0709_3.jpg (38KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
destiny_rise_of_iron_0709_3.jpg
38KB, 650x366px
>>389829565
It did, but it's been discussed before and it could just be Bungie trying to hold onto the name. They don't *have* to make a new Marathon game. Also, the conditions for the development of the game are a bit restrictive. They had to make it so that Destiny made X amount of money and even then they could only use like 5% of the studio to make the game. Soooo we don't really know yet if a new Marathon is going to happen or not. It's in limbo.
>>
>>389829759
>Destiny 2 lore is ingame.
Gunslinger lore was kino
>>
>>389829675
I know this is difficult to believe for you, but Destiny 2 is a complete game.
There's enough content, as a game, for at least 60 hours. Hundreds if you're not bothered by grinding and multiplayer. The game itself, you can easily tell, was not rushed or butchered in an attempt to grab DLC. It was designed with DLC in mind yes, but not as the focus of its design.
I'm astounded by how much content is in the game, compared to the first game. How the open areas actually have interesting content to care about.

I'm a fan of a lot of game genres, and I can confidently say that Destiny 2 is not lacking in any form. I'm excited for the DLC to come.
>>
>>389829997
Doesn't it only have 5 strikes? (6 on PS) I can't really feel comfortable buying Destiny knowing that after being so disappointed by Destiny 1's lack of content, for well, having only 5 strikes. And no, my idea of "content" isn't grinding bounties.
>>
>>389815253
Because that was already done. It was called Borderlands and Destiny did not improve upon the formula.
>>
>>389829997
>There's enough content, as a game, for at least 60 hours. Hundreds if you're not bothered by grinding and multiplayer.
Is this true?
I've had people arguing that a 1% chance to get something off a 15 minute run gives players 25 hours of content, hope that's not the case.
>>
>>389827178
its not the season pass, its not the thought of getting some more content. its the thought it was already ready but they wanted to milk us for more cash first.

also fuck you go fuck yourself and your shitty games lol fucking morong
>>
>If we had to score it now
Does playing it means I have to pay for it? Then you have to score it now, retards.
>>
File: 1476577673650.jpg (20KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
1476577673650.jpg
20KB, 340x255px
>pc release

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>389830254
The strikes can take 30 minutes, or more; depending on whether or not it's a Nightfall. The real meat is the "adventures" which add relevant lore-focused challenges to the

First, there's five worlds, each being very, very big (compared to the first game) with extravagant art scenery that you could sit and watch for some time. With the exception of Saturn's moon, Titan, each map has about 8 adventures, each taking about the time it would take you to do a normal-difficulty strike in the first game.
The story itself takes about 6-8 hours.

Completing assignments "quests/golden chests/lost sectors(mini-dungeons)" in both patrols and multiplayer can give you another 6 hours on top of the story, excluding adventures, and then there's the Raid, which can take about 6 hours itself.

>>389830449
Yeah, if you rush the game you can easily cut it in half to 30 hours. But if you're like me and like to explore the map thoroughly, with the dozens of nook and crannies with scannable lore objects, then yeah, I don't think I'm exaggerating at all.
>>
>>389830254
>>389830449
>>389830812 (You)
I want to make it clear that the time required to do tasks is not what's important here.
It's how much fun you're having when you're doing so.

I played almost the entire game with my fiance, and we had a blast. I don't know how solo-ing it would feel for you, but I know those 60$ were well spent for me.

If you're thinking about getting it, take my words with a pinch of salt. I only enjoyed it as much as I did because I had someone else I genuinely enjoyed to be around, to play it with.
Consider waiting for a sale, a year or two from now if you're skeptical.
>>
File: 1504939503766.jpg (70KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1504939503766.jpg
70KB, 900x675px
>>389831213
>>
>>389830812
Yes 30 hours if you absolutely do everything in the game besides scanning random lore objects. Great value there.
>>
>>389831324
I'm being honest. I can't imagine the laughter I had at stupid shit happening or stupid mismatched gear or dumb guns, if I had been alone.

>>389831341
Indeed. Compared to other singleplayer FPS games, this one has a significant amount of content.
Maybe it's not for you and that's ok. Don't buy it.
I recommend it, but not if you think 60$ is a lot of money.
>>
File: why.jpg (35KB, 826x358px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
35KB, 826x358px
Destiny was the chosen one.
It was said that it would destroy Activision, not join them.
It was to bring balance to Bungie, not leave it in darkness!
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.