[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>every PC gamer alive is playing this >little brother buys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 18

File: PUBG.jpg (99KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
PUBG.jpg
99KB, 750x500px
>every PC gamer alive is playing this
>little brother buys it for me so we can play together
>play some doubles, play some solo
>So. Fucking. Boring
How is this game as popular as it is? I'm not even someone looking in going "what shit" I've played it for a couple hours and it's fucking dull as hell. The same shit every game, loot, run, run, run, camp, camp, loot, kill (sometimes). Over and over. What the fucking hell is the appeal of this? Is this like the shooter version of MOBAs? Is that why they're so popular? They same shit over and over again? I don't get it at all.
>>
>>389811596
You could not play as a faggot.
I know what you're gonna say, the answer is git gud
>>
>>389811596
>250 hrs here
If it's boring it's because you are playing it boring
>>
>>389812283
Imagine being this anon, waking up every morning and being filled to the brim with cocks, a cornucopia of cocks await you and your long day filled with cock swallowing, cocks! cocks! he shouts like a ship 12 months at sea finally spotting land. Cocks! Beautiful cocks! As this anon jams them into every hole, filled to the brim with cocks and cum.
>>
>>389811596
Remember: Games that get popular are simple and dumb so people can easily get into them. If you're looking for an interesting and complex game with a high skill cap, you won't find it on steam's most popular list.
>>
you're supposed to idle and sell skirts for 30 bucks.
>>
>>389814692
More like 300 bucks
>>
>>389811596
is literaly camping the game anon
and if you die you can just join another game instead of wait
it doesnt punish casuals, it rewards then
>>
>>389814543
This. Jump to a town or military base ya fuckin pansyass.
>>
>>389811596
PC here, not playing this. Don't own it. Get fukt.
>>
File: 1504151683339.jpg (29KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504151683339.jpg
29KB, 450x600px
>>389811596
>>So. Fucking. Boring
If you think this, it just shows that you're playing the fucking game wrong. It's a huge litmus test for retards who complain about it.

>"WAAAAH, the game is boring when I do nothing but avoid confrontation and loot the most desolate, shitty areas and eventually die like an idiot to someone who actually knows what they're doing."
>>
>>389811596
That would be overwatch. This is just the new battle royale flavor. These games have been popular for a long time. There is money to be made besides.
>>
>>389815137
I have done a lot of both and it's not fun at all. I am only playing it because there is nothing else.
>>
>>389811596
nah
>>
I dunno man, my little brother plays it with his friends and I kinda get it. I mean it's fun to play with a group and there's some satisfaction to run with a well coordinated group and wipe out other groups. The fact that death carries such a harsh penalty makes it feel dramatic.

I don't get why it's so popular. There are so many better shooters. But I wouldn't go so far as to call it boring.
>>
>>389815137
>>389814543
>IM REAL GUD AT THIS SHITTY GAME, FELLATE ME!
Ya'll bunch of stupid niggers. Camping, running and gunning, driving over fuckers, getting in the shit, playing the outskirts, I've done it all and it's fucking dulllllll. You must be a toddler to be entertained by such a simple game, it's one step up from matching the correct block shape in the correct hole.
>>
>>389811596
>How is this game as popular as it is?
novelty + fad. Humans are suckers for both
>>
File: seinfeld_jerry.jpg (38KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld_jerry.jpg
38KB, 240x260px
>its boring

DROP IN POCHINKI

TURN ON VOICE CHAT.

CHASE AFTER AIR DROPS

HOW MANY TIMES DO PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY THIS
>>
>>389811596
I find myself hooked because of the comfy map and little details but once it wore off and I kept losing it got boring.
>>
>>389811596
nope just the dumb ones
>>
When will consolefags stop being mad about PUBG?

Is it because it isn't a single player QTE cinematic game?
>>
File: 1495755325565.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1495755325565.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
>>389811596
>checked this game out
>the only positive thing I could say is that it's not a MOBA
>>
File: pistolheadshot.webm (2MB, 1206x678px) Image search: [Google]
pistolheadshot.webm
2MB, 1206x678px
>>389811596

So don't camp. Get better. Next thing you'll complain about is RNG.
>>
File: 1504400422456.jpg (45KB, 328x359px) Image search: [Google]
1504400422456.jpg
45KB, 328x359px
>>389817484
Don't you mean Sony and Nintenbros?
>>
>>389817376
it gets boring after a few times.
>>
I still play it because 1) it's great in a group and 2) the matches are never quite the same

If it's boring, find a group, play aggressively and take risks
>>
File: terriblejoke.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
terriblejoke.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>389811596
Nice meme.
>>
>>389811596
I've seen a couple videos of this game and it seems like not even the players enjoy playing it. Frequently they just chat or bail to do stunts with the vehicles or whatever. Nobody seems to be playing for the mechanics. If anything, it's like an online version of those Korean gaming cafes where people simply hang out while their grinding MMO provide some white noise.
>>
>Battlefield 2 - 2
>bad in any way
dumb underageb&
>>
File: 273288118.jpg (42KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
273288118.jpg
42KB, 500x373px
This game, just like Borderlands, League, and GTA:O are amazing if you play with friends. Without them it's dull.

Get some buddies, have some fun.
>>
File: 1504918943410.jpg (72KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1504918943410.jpg
72KB, 500x750px
PC gamers arent gamers anymore, at least most around the world. they are people who like sitting at PCs. People who do that are enjoying escapism. and its best to escape into something that you know a LOT of other people are escaping into. This is what a lot of people dont acknowledge about the pc market. theyre not just in for the game experience, theyre in for an inclusive escapism. Consoles differ from this vastly.

I mean, look at you op. Try describing why you come back to this website every single day. Yeah. Activates the almonds, dont it.
>>
honestly my biggest gripe with the game is that it is extremely noise dependent so instead of being able to listen to music or podcasts while playing i have to sit there waiting for 10 minutes to maybe hear footsteps
>>
>>389811596

Stop being such a fucking autist nit picker and play the game to bond with your brother who is obviously seeking that. It's no 10/10 but its playable and enjoyable.
>>
pubg has way more variety than most other multiplayer shooters
>>
Maybe you're just a boring person?

Maybe the hate for this current exclusive is coming from console fanboys too poor to build a PC.
>>
>>389818131
throwing rocks at each other is fun too. I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
File: 1491268874037.jpg (31KB, 476x345px) Image search: [Google]
1491268874037.jpg
31KB, 476x345px
>>389819365
>food analogy
>>
I haven't played it. I feel like it would be a bad investment like I feel about all these meme games, I'm sure some have been real great but I just can't bring myself to do it.
>>
>>389811596

MOBA babies, CS;GO shitters and Overwatch cucks are just mad it's a superior and more popular game than theirs.
>>
>>389811596
>EARLY ACCESS
>SURVIVAL
>EARLY ACCESS
>ONLINE ONLY
>EARLY ACCESS
>TWITCH BAIT
>EARLY ACCESS
>LOOT AND SHOOT
>EARLY ACCESS
dsp, "WOW".jpg

fucking kek
>>
>>389811596

Drop into the school or military base
>>
>>389811596
>loot, run, run, run, camp, camp, loot, kill
>camp
If you camp or spend your time running youre playing the game wrong(if youre looking to have fun and are not tryharding a win) If you want fun, play as if you were wanting to have fun, when you drop, drop near a high pop area and start shooting as soon as possible, whenever you hear gunshots, go in that direction, if you play as a pussy(beta) dont say its the games fault for not spoonfeeding you fun, work for it fuckface, im sorry this isnt your cinematic movie game like every other piece of shit game released in the past few years, this game is pure fun but you have to work for it unlike other games
TLDR: Git Gud
>>
>>389820491
Why would I play Pubg if other games do it a thousand times better. Camping is still going to happen after you survive.
>>
>>389814680

What are some interesting and complex games for interesting and complex people such as myself?
>>
>>389820890

You wouldn't, but they don't so you're sol.
>>
File: 1504733733230.png (428KB, 1400x569px) Image search: [Google]
1504733733230.png
428KB, 1400x569px
>>389811596
sounds like a virgin to me boys
>>
>>389811596
WRONG. this guy i know wishes he can play with us, but he plays CSGO on 800x600p due to this shit computer. this is 1st world, too
>>
>>389811596
To this day I believe the success of this game was caused by systematically buy in streamers so they would shill their game. Worked out for Ark after all. I mean think about it, when did it became popular and who played it the most at that time?
>>
>you have to learn not only how to play the game, but also how to make the game not be shit

whoa

could this be the next step in the evolution of videogames?
>>
Shadman is streaming this on twitch if anyone is interested
>>
>>389823741

Yes, anon. Advertisement helps products sell.

Water is also wet.
>>
What I want to know is what makes this different than the 5 other battle Royale games that were popular for 2 weeks? Why is this one remaining popular? It doesn't do anything new or different.
>>
>>389821109
arma 3
>>
Popular games really make /v/ think does it.
>>
>>389825124
If by 'think' you mean 'shitpost' then yes.
>>
>>389811596
Because its RNG heaven with literally everything being RNG, even the fucking things you find and where
Obviously its popular with normies, because dumb people with a double digit iq think that RNG = fair and balanced game
The kind of people who think they have skill and are a better person than you when you play dice and they roll a 5 and you a 3
>>
File: 2b.png (198KB, 443x826px) Image search: [Google]
2b.png
198KB, 443x826px
How will triple A game publishers try and learn from this to shill their game better in the future?
>>
>>389825429
>he didn't spec into the luck stat
>>
>>389825429
Do you really think the problem with PUBG is that everyone else isn't as smart as you?
Because that's a strange problem for a videogame to have
>>
I'm genuinely curious to see how long people will remain assblasted about this game.
>>
>>389811596
I like the game but I wish it wasn't so successful. So many devs are going to spew out absolute shit trying to capitalize on its success.
>>
>>389821109
Most complex fps I found is insurgency
If youre looking for complex games in general check out SRPG genre
>>
>Play the game like a pussy
>Don't have fun

Wow. Riveting tale.

Jump School, Base, Prison, or Georgepool and fuck niggers up in the first 5m. If you make it past that congrats you're already midgame and can fuck more niggers up on your way to the zone.
>>
>>389825573
No the problem with pubg is that its a shit game with its game mechanics being literally diceroll and the community being reddo cucks like you who would defend it as skill based
>>
>>389825925
What's wrong with a game being casual?
>>
>>389825615
>insurgency

Hell yeah, brother. Though the mechanics aren't complex, you really do need to work with your team when playing push maps.
>>
>>389816241
What better popular shooters are there right now?
Overwatch? Don't make me laugh, its a tiresome "press Q to maybe win the round" shit.
Siege? The fact that the peekers advantage is so incredibly in favor of the fast 3 speeds ruins higher level gameplay. Also oneshots mean that armor is utterly useless.
CSGO? Its pretty old at this point.

Competitive FPS market for the average joe isn't exactly crowded, and PUBG offers something the others dont.
In PUBG there are actual firefights since with armor you have an opportunity to react to enemies. There are actual tactics. The game is much, much more slower paced and tactical than Siege.
>>
>>389811596
some people like different games I've never played it nor do I care to but I have no qualms with the game let people enjoy what they like.
>>
you don't even need to buy it just watch Forsens stream of it

>OMEGALUL OMEGALUL
>NIGGA NIGGA BITCH NIGGA NIGGA
>THEY CALL HIM BRUCE LEE
>>
>>389826025

You're bad at Overwatch and Siege. How do you live with yourself?
>>
>>389811596
can someone post that image of the entire global pc playerbase, not just steam, and show the actual popular games?
>>
>>389811596
>The same shit every game, loot, run, run, run, camp, camp, loot, kill (sometimes)
If you keep looting after you have 1 AR and maybe a shotgun, any helmet and vest, you are doing it wrong.
Land in popular areas, they're middle of map most of the time. You get kills early, the zone will almost always cover a middle part of the map. Move only when you need to, kill people who are rushing for no reason.
>>
>>389825990
I meant not the game mechanics itself but the weapon upgrade strat mechanic
Thats a really good fucking system that you have to think what you invest your modular upgrade points for in the next section
>>
>>389826025
I can't really take complaints like "press Q to maybe win the round" seriously. All it shows is that you have not played the game.
Pressing Q alone will not win you games. If it does, then it was at the perfect time, executed correctly, which should give you the game and there is nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>389826025
>shit at games
>likes PUBG
checks out
>>
>>389826239
Overwatch yeah, I'm bad at it. Mostly saying what my friends who have played it in grandmaster or whatever the higher ranks are called have been saying.

Siege tho? Plat 1 atm, diamond last season. Fuck right off.
>>
>>389826308
So you're saying OW doesn't revolve around the usage of ults at the right moment?
>>
>>389826479
It's far from the only part of the game which you are implying.
>>
>>389826530
A hyperbole, I'll admit.
>>
>>389826432

>diamond

Then why you bitchin'? Just slow down. Don't let Jager play his gay little hidey hole game.

Also, your friends are wrong. Overwatch is about managing Ults, not using them. Landing your shots when poking and not feeding ult is what wins games. The Ults themselves might as well be cutscenes.
>>
>>389811596
have you guys looked at the steam forums today?

It's full to the fucking brim with 0 reply threads that are all pretty much "aweasdasd" started by accounts that have no fucking games beyond pubg.
What the fuck is going on
>>
>>389814680
Csgo?
>>
File: smoky bridge trench gun.webm (3MB, 692x390px) Image search: [Google]
smoky bridge trench gun.webm
3MB, 692x390px
>>389826025
>actual firefights
can confirm. a lot of encounters are unique, and simple, basic strategy works. nice and easy
>>
>>389821109
Starcraft
>>
>>389818131
If you are good at solo it is fun
>>
File: pandora anti air custom.webm (3MB, 998x562px) Image search: [Google]
pandora anti air custom.webm
3MB, 998x562px
>>389821109
EDF 4.1
>>
>>389826871
>jäger
Spoken like a gold idiot who thinks that jäger or spawnpeeks are the "issue".
No, dipshit. The problem with siege is the lag compensation and netcode that results in an extreme peekers advantage, as in the guy moving to your field of view sees you long before you see him. In other words two people see the game in different times. When we combine this with the frankly way too fast movement of 3speed operators, we get situations where you cannot even see the other player before getting killed. On your screen bullets appear out of the aether, and the enemy reveals himself behind the corner after you're dead. On his screen he moved into the room and shot you with several fractions of a second to spare.
In other word holding an angle is impossible in Siege, and you have to play around it by either counterpeeking, or holding a "pixel angle" which the enemy cant accurately shoot at. No amount of "lolol just slow down XD" does anything to this.
>>
>>389811596
it's definitely boring at first, but that's probably your own fault to an extent

the more you play, the more you figure out ways to be engaged in the game

eg.) the meta in squads right now is to secure a vehicle (actually multiple vehicles) ASAP, loot somewhere away from the plane trajectory, and then drive back in to the safezone (preferably somewhere near the center). As soon as the new circle updates, you should be picking a new spot ASAP and driving (or moving on foot, if lategame) towards it. This strategy sometimes affords you a lot of downtime in the midgame as you wait for new circles to update, but if you're smart, you'll figure out ways to pass the time:

- you and your teammates likely need to exchange attachments, meds, and ammo
- you need to consider which house(s) you'd like to hold and which windows. Do you put all your guys in the same house, or split up in groups of 2 (so that you can revive if someone goes down)? Or do you play near a wall/some structures outside your compound?
- are your vehicles parked in such a way that it's difficult to shoot your tires? Are your vehicles completely hidden to give an illusion that your buildings are uninhabited?
- if the house you're camping in got sieged, what would be the best location(s) in the house to surprise someone from? Are there any chokepoints (eg. a staircase) or crossfires you can set up with a teammate?
- if you were to come back to this house later, what would be the best angle to approach from in your vehicle, assuming the building was occupied by an enemy squad? (eg. some houses have barred windows that make it difficult to get a clear shot - you should approach in a vehicle facing such windows or 0 windows if possible)
- if you were to siege the house you're currently camping, which windows would be the best to chuck grenades into?
- do you have a plan for which houses/area you should take next if the new circle doesn't land on you?

(1/2 continuing)
>>
DrDisrespect is the man to blame for this game's popularity. He's the one that streamlined it before other large streamers jumped on it.

I used to watch him during H1Z1 but I cannot stand watching anyone play this game. Most people just loot and hide in a house.
>>
>>389828813
(2/2 resuming)
- are you going to remember the general layout of this area the next time you see it on your map? Are there certain areas around worth committing to memory?
- are you paying attention to where the highest quantity of players most likely is? (judging by the plane trajectory and how each circle has progressed)
- is the circle clearly favoring the military base (southern island)? Are you planning to secure a boat before they're all gone, or should you swim? Maybe take your chances driving/fighting across the bridge?

These are things I preoccupy myself with when there's downtime. I mostly play squads because it's the most entertaining game mode for me, but you should play whatever you find the most fun/interesting. It took me awhile to really fall in love with the game, but once you do, there's just something special about it. The looting system is very reminiscent of RE4 in the sense that you really have to manage/prioritize a limited backpack and most of the gear (especially meds) are very valuable and you're constantly running out of them. There's the feeling of tracking some unsuspecting prey for several minutes before they're finally exposed and you get to kill them and take their loot. Risking your life to get a care package and immediately feeling your power level increase as you equip a Lvl 3 Helmet (best defensive item in the game) and an 8x scope. Sitting at a compound with your boys for several minutes joking around, and then suddenly hearing a vehicle come screaming in your direction, crashing into your building with murderous intent. Parachuting just ever-so-slightly better than someone else such that you land on a roof before them and get a gun, or land on a vehicle they were trying to take and run them over with it
>>
>>389811596
it tickles our instinct to hunt other humans
>>
>>389821109
COD and Battlefield has more depth and gameplay and requires more skill compared to casual shit like PUBG
>>
File: Angry Na Ru noises.jpg (69KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Na Ru noises.jpg
69KB, 500x668px
>>389811596
For real, if this game is boring to you then you're not winning, you're just a camping bitch. And if you can't get a win now an then you're shit at FPS. real talk.
>>
Wanna bet everyone saying this game is good is playing it with friends?
>>
Its fine if people don't like a game.
You don't need to like a game others do.
I played for about 80 hours and I just don't enjoy it anymore most likely I just want something else and that's fine.
>>
>>389828947
>For real, if this game is boring to you then
Stopped reading there not everyone likes the same boring shit you do, faggot.
>>
>>389828827
Watch grimmmz, he only loots people
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.