[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ just hate this game because it's popular? I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: promo322349625.jpg (682KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
promo322349625.jpg
682KB, 1920x1080px
Does /v/ just hate this game because it's popular? I think it's absolutely fantastic
>>
>>389808980
Single player is fantastic, but the online is absolute garbage. That sounds like a huge hyperbole, but I'm being honest. I've never seen such a huge disparity in quality between 2 modes of a game before.
>>
Singleplayer with mods is 10/10
>>
>>389808980
every single person on /v/ is a retard, imbecile, degenerated, subhuman, simian and ridiculous piece of shit, so you cant expect sense from them
>>
>>389809172
>singleplayer mods
enjoy your ban
>>
That's fair, the online isn't polished and gets dull pretty quickly
>>
>>389809508
>getting banned from the online
and nothing of value was lost
>>
then there is a chance you are a degenerate fuck
>>
The single player is great. Haven't touched the multiplayer.
>>
Multiplayer would be great if I didn't pay for a game that had a MASSIVE amount of its content locked behind a paywall where I either need to grind my eyeballs out to purchase with in-game money, or spend real cash for more than the game initially cost multiple times over to acquire it. That, and the crazy amount of hackers it has just makes online not worth the effort.
>>
It's alright. Some features are missing from IV, but the gameplay is top-notch. Michael's slow-mo power is very fun.
>>
Singleplayer is pretty good, but I can't help but feel that a lot of mechanics from IV have been dumbed down significantly. IV feels more weighty in a good way. Knocking people down by shooting their legs or disarming people by shooting their guns out of their hands was satisfying. V's shooting feels significantly less good in comparison. A lot of people bitched about the driving in IV but I thought it was great because it had a high skill ceiling.

Online is hot garbage.
>>
I liked it. I still feel some things were a step back from IV.
Never played online, nor do I have the slightest incline to.
>>
>>389808980
I love Trevor as a character and find it funny that everyone else considers liking him to be childish. Fucking normalfags that can't handle an intelligent psychopath character...
>>
>>389808980
no they hate it because it's shit. it's boring and horribly written even by Houser standards
>>
File: gtav.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gtav.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
Rate my bois. Franklin is so effay, I love playing dress up with him.
>>
>>389810776
>"""""intelligent"""""
nice fedora
>>
well it's still better than 4 so that's that
>>
5 star game. So is San Andreas, Vice City and Red Dead imo.

I think its been out for ages and it still feels like I will never be fully done with the game.

>>389810880
Franklin > Michael >>> Trevor

fuck people who wanted another CJ
>>
File: (you).jpg (59KB, 459x299px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
59KB, 459x299px
>>389810776
>>
>>389809439
you just called yourself a retard, why do you expect anyone to take you seriously?
>>
>>389808980
Multiplayer is the only thing that I absolutely hate. It is just awful, massive disappointment. Somehow the multiplayer is worse than in GTA4.

Other than that the game is pretty good.
>>
File: 1365254165727.jpg (153KB, 708x664px) Image search: [Google]
1365254165727.jpg
153KB, 708x664px
>can't go back to playing GTA IV on xbox live with friends
>messing around at the airport, the tugboat and the swing glitch
>it's all grinding and shark cards from now on
>>
>>389810925
>tries to call into question the intelligence of a character
>can't even include 5 words in his response
>doesn't even know how to use fedora as a legitimate insult, just like how /v/ uses autism
Fuck, I'll go ahead and give you your (you) since you want it so damn much. Next one needs to be earned though.

>>389811306
Nice strawman? I insulted people's tastes, not their intelligence.
>>
How're the heists in Online? Heists are a lot of fun in SP
>>
>>389811361
i am a retard, you are a retard, the mods are retard, we are retard, they are retard, everyone is a retard, dont u fucking get it ???? or i need to fucking draw it to you ?
>>
>>389812087

They kind of suck. You have to play several setup missions then you can do the Heist. You need friends or hook up with people because randoms suck.
>>
Single player was ok. The writing was pretty stupid at times but then again I think it always was.

All I wanted out of online was a big sandbox with a lot of players and plenty of mayhem. How do you fuck that up? Join a full lobby and you're still lucky to encounter any other players because most are just sitting in their apartments waiting for a queue or something.
>>
>>389811375
>Somehow the multiplayer is worse than in GTA4.

lol no. If you have no friends you will never experience the way GTA O is so exponentially better than GTA V.
>>
>>389812280
randoms fucking suck they always ruin everything and the host dont fucking get any money during the setups, fuck this game, fuck rockstar and fuck you too
>>
>>389812718

It's okay Anon. Yeah no can make money off of missions anymore. You have to get a Shark Card and become a MC/CEO/Gun Runner now.
>>
>>389812908
i hope RDR2 tanks and rockstar goes to hell, if they dont got then ill equip myself with bombs and ill explode in their fucking office
>>
File: gtav1.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gtav1.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
>>389810776
He reminded me a lot of a junkie friend with BPD I had.
>>
Single player was technically good but overall it didn't leave much of an impression on me. I feel like Rockstar just made a more media friendly GTA. IV was good for it's somewhat dark atmosphere with Rockstar's satire and comedy keeping things light for when you fucked off from the story. I understand people felt a narrative dissonance in IV between Niko's words during missions and later actions when you're in freeroam; I just think Rockstar should've focused on how to bridge that gap more effectively.
>>
File: images (20).jpg (25KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
25KB, 512x288px
It's pretty good but I don't like what it represents and the business model it instantiated at R*.

>tfw I slept on Chinatown Wars for ages thinking it was DS shovelware trash
>playing through it now and it's easily in my top 5 from a pure level design standpoint, creativity in mission structure and for the drug dealing minigame
>Because R* makes unnecessary $300 million games with online jewery there's no chance for a consistent output of titles like this anymore
>Not even single player expansions
>>
>Prime 1
>Metroid 3
>Prime 2
>Prime 3
>AM2R
>Fusion
>Zero Mission
>Hunters
>Pinball
>Metroid 1
>Metroid 2
>Other M

federation force doesnt count
>>
>>389813786
God you're such a pseud.
>>
>>389814025
thx im gonna make it my life
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.