[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get FFXV? I'm looking for a game with fun quests,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: DIz1AeVUEAE8cxN.jpg (107KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
DIz1AeVUEAE8cxN.jpg
107KB, 1200x750px
Should I get FFXV? I'm looking for a game with fun quests, a cool open world, secret dungeons/bosses/shit and something that overall is just a fun change of pace for me. Last and only Final Fantasy game I played was 7 and honestly it was pretty good.
>>
>>389794653
no
>>
Help /v
>>
>>389794653
This board absolutely hates this game, but I love it, and have put over 100 hours in it. It's got a ton of dungeons, and they're not procedural or anything like that, with a fuckton of optional bosses, some pretty lackluster quests, a love it or hate it combat system. and an unfortunately sparse story. Look up some videos, and keep your expectations in line, but if it's your type of game, then you'll enjoy the hell out of it.
>>
>>389794653
pretty fun if youre looking for relaxed gameplay, theres no real combos so its not too intensive.
story is ass but the characters will keep you around. def something you should play
>>
>>389794689

No you shouldn't.
>>
>>389794653
Yes. It hits all the marks for what you want
>>
>I'm looking for a game with fun quests, a cool open world, secret dungeons/bosses/shit

Then you shouldn't get this game.
>>
>>389794653

I would say get it. It actually has all of those things it is just the story is a complete shitshow. Your crew are pretty cool and really, should be the only characters you should care about throughout the game.
>>
>>389794653
>fun quests

Doesn't have any fun quests.

>cool open world

Because there's no fun quests that's not there either.

>secret dungeons/bosses/shit

Actually do exist. Are not good.
>>
>>389796450

How the fuck does it have fun quests? Literally everything is an mmo fetch quest.
>>
>>389794653
If you have a lot of space on your HD and don't mind paying for DLC that's mandatory for understanding more of the story and a shit ton of updates that attempt to fix the incomplete game they released then go right ahead!
>>
>>389794653
do you have any other options in mind, OP?
I love FF in general and played this game for over 200 hours, inclkuding the Assassin's Festival. I can help you boil down what you're looking for in a list.
XV is lenghty, but most of it is repetitive as fuck and the "secret stuff" boils down to a platforming focused dungeon and a glorified damage sponge called Damanatoise, all the rest is small fry and fillers.
>>
>>389796792
*Adamantoise, fuck this bitch ass autocorrection shit
the dungeon is called Pitioss Ruins, look it up on youtube
>>
>>389794653
>fun quests, a cool open world, secret dungeons/bosses/shit

But XV has none of those.
>>
>>389796610
I'd like to know too. They were so lazy with them they couldn't even be bothered to match the lip syncing to the dialogue. The Witcher 3 could do that for every single quest, even the ones that were "There's a monster that ate me chillin's".

The only quest in FFXV that even comes close to the average "They ate me chillins" quest is the one they added in a few months ago to unlock the link attacks. But it's available in chapter 8 and it spoils that demons are actually people. When the party don't have anyway of knowing that yet. What the fuck Tabata?
>>
>>389796945

The only plus I can give the game is enemy design. That's it
>>
File: 1503467435553.jpg (3MB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1503467435553.jpg
3MB, 2400x3000px
>>
>>389796945
To elaborate on the Witcher 3 comparison further, and to highlight just how lazy they were with the quests in FFXV I'm gonna compare the Dave quests to a chest that they put in some cave on the corner of the map in The Witcher 3.

In The Witcher 3 there are dozens and dozens of loot stashes around the world, none of them have particularly good rewards, but for quite a damn lot of them you're likely to find some details about why the chests are there, who left them ect, usually in the form of corpses sprinkled about with letters/journals on them detailing why they are there.

The Dave questline has a hunter asking Noctis to go out into the wild and find dogtags from hunters who've not returned from a hunt in the local area. Noctis and crew find the dogtag and then they deliver it. Dave gives them 1,000 gil and some XP and thanks them for their help. At no point did the developers

A) Give a name to the dead hunters
or
B) Try to tell a story about why they were out there (other than the implied story that they accepted one of the boring hunts from the diners and died)

The game gets you to do this like 10 times.

Tabata is a hack.
>>
File: DEOMVDDVwAALbH9.jpg (76KB, 600x707px) Image search: [Google]
DEOMVDDVwAALbH9.jpg
76KB, 600x707px
>>389794653
I liked the game, but I can't recommend it. It has a lot of flaws especially with the story and the best parts to play are DLC. If you're really that interested just wait for the PC version, the console version is a mess.
>>
>>389797314
it's a bit disappointing to see that out of all the cup noodles meme shit, they decided to actually give players the hat but not the armiger skin. it would have been a bit fun to skewer enemies with huge forks and knives
also FUCK HAVING TO VOTE WHAT PART OF THIS INCOMPLETE MESS WE WANT THEM TO MAKE NEXT, ITS LIKE CHOOSING WHAT ORGANS YOU DONT WANT TO LACK IN YOUR BODY
>>
File: schierke2.jpg (109KB, 440x490px) Image search: [Google]
schierke2.jpg
109KB, 440x490px
Why are you interested in Final Faggotry XV when you could be playing Nier Automata instead?
>>
>>389794653
You will never play a better camping sim.
>>
>>389797969

this is an important question
>>
>>389797897
>FUCK HAVING TO VOTE WHAT PART OF THIS INCOMPLETE MESS WE WANT THEM TO MAKE NEXT

They said that Ardyn won, and that they weren't going to make a DLC for him because they don't have the resources (you know, because it'd have to be set in the past with an all new city and shit, right?). Tabata rattled off that they'd probably have to make a whole new game, a movie, or a comic, or a book for him. My bet is on the comic/book.

So yeah your votes aren't counting for shit anyway.
>>
>>389798086
it's one barebones sim, tho
all you do is buy ingredients or get them as loot, all the rest is free and automatic, there is no simulation whatsoever.
you also don't get to control the guys during camp, setting up the tent, sparring, hear stories, taking selfies (except automatically), control the cooking part, settle for a spot to sleep, or literally anything else you should do in a camp. all you do is eat, the exp meter fills up, you choose what pics you liked then suddenly the sun is up
>>
>>389798201
Are XVfags the biggest cucks in video games?
>>
>>389794653
Sounds like you should get Xenoblade
>>
>>389798743
XV is a story of success where Chad Tabata got the cuck fans to adopt the baby and feel happy and satisfied about it
>>
>>389797314
>"We didn't want to create a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story in this game."

I still refuse to believe that this is a real statement that was not made as a jest.
>>
>>389796535
This honestly. The world is empty as fuck, bosses are way too easy and the side quests get repetitive really fast.
I still platinum'd it though, so it's not all bad.
>>
>>389798975
>cucked Versusfags out of the game they waited years for and left them with his retarded and incomplete offspring

It's like my NTR hentai!
>>
>>389798693
This.

I mean, you can kind of see them sitting around a fire and chatting on the level up screens, but that doesn't really count if you want interactivity or actual character development.

I still don't understand Gladio's "survival" skill. I really thought he was gonna teach me how to do some cool innawoods shit but you literally just have to walk around to level it up. It's obvious they just needed some special hobby for Gladio to keep him from seeming left out. Shame how hard his entire character got the shaft.
>>
>>389794653
Wait until all the DLC and patches are out before touching this mess of a game

and this is coming from a guy who beat it
>>
>>389799789
Friendly reminder that the DLC won't fix this game.

Another friendly reminder that they're not planning on bundling the DLC with the PC release anyways.
>>
>>389798743
XV is like the 2nd largest Early Access game I am aware of.
>>
>>389799789
if you keep waiting all yoyu'll be doing is missing out on permantly missable content like the Moogle / Assassin Festivals and the timed quests
>>
>>389794653
>I'm looking for a game with fun quests, a cool open world, secret dungeons/bosses/shit and something that overall is just a fun change of pace for me.
I have the game's platinum trophy, trust me when I say this:

>Fun quests
The game has over 200 side quests that boil down to fetch quests or monster hunts. None of them are fun.
>a cool open world
It's empty, dull and restricted.
>Secret dungeons/bosses
The games secret boss is a literal time sink. It doesn't take skill, it takes more than an hour to defeat because it has so much HP
>>
>>389800005
>Friendly reminder that the DLC won't fix this game.

it'll make it less shit but XV is still the worst game I played in 2016

>>389800232
>missing out on crappy events
No thanks. I did that carnival thingy back in February and it was boring as fuck.
>>
>>389800232
they will probably be hackable in the pc version tough
>>
>>389800413
>>389794653
Just to add to this, get Nier Automata. It has everything you want and done SO much better than XV.
>>
>>389800437
I have the season pass, the DLC is awful and I will most likely never buy a season pass again now.
>>
>>389800437
Assassin's got story content tho, missing out on it is just like not caring about the alt route in chapter 13.
sure it's not related to the main plot, but there's a whole narrative with cutscenes, new gameplay features, a proper boss and plenty of scripted sequences.
>>
File: 1499311661641.jpg (38KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
1499311661641.jpg
38KB, 460x307px
>>389800776
>Assassin's got story content tho
>new gameplay features
>a proper boss
>plenty of scripted sequences.

BULLLLLL SHIT. I am not going to waste 3 days re-downloading this mess of a game to see if this is true.
>>
>>389794653
FFXV is a fun game to play, and the interactions between the guys is great, just don't expect much for the story, because that's where the game takes a dive.
So yeah if you don't care about the story, then go for it.
>>
>>389794653
If you want to play a cool open world with secret bosses just play nier automata, that is likely to be be game of the year if zelda isn't don't listen /v/ saying it's a bad game, it will be goty, /v/ just shit on it because big ass and muh waifu but they are just kissles fedoralovers, this is coming from someone who bought the game thinking /v/ was shitting it like automata and yes xv is fucking horseshit, just buy automata, you can thank me later.
>>
>>389801201
your loss, pal
you know that commander dude you barely knew that you get to fight alongside Cor once you're escaping the first base?
you get to see him a lot more than in the main campaign. you talk to him, you even fight him again.
you get new cutscenes with Cindy and that woman from the power plant.
you get actual stealth instead of silly ass slow walking, you algo get several types of execution moves (inspired in Asscreed but hey, it works)
you also get to climb on shit and go up to the fucking rooftops in Lestallum. you can also warp strike right into the hotel room in the second floor. YOU CANNOT DO ANY OF THIS IN THE MAIN GAME
>>
>>389794653

Get Xenoblade X instead if it's an option (Need Wii U or a top-end computer for emulation). It puts all other open world games to shame in terms of exploration/bosses/secrets.

If that's not an option FFXV is... fine I guess.
>>
>>389801725
>YOU CANNOT DO ANY OF THIS IN THE MAIN GAME
that's gay and killed any desire to do this event. Why tease me with fun shit I can't do in the main game?
>>
>be me
>t.Wii u owner
>playing xenoblade x
>fucking awesome
>buy ps4
>buy ffxv
>think it will shit on xeno x
>nop
>ffxv is fucking horseshit
>mfw I spent 60$ on this
>mfw can't play xeno x because I sold my wii
>>
>>389801976
because Tabata is a fucking hack who can't plan for shit during development
this is also the reason why none of the DLC chapters will be incorporated into the main game, not even alt-Chapter 13, also the reason why Ardyn's story will never be made as playable content unless it's a brand new standalone expansion
>>
>>389802229
it's also the reason why the complete version of Justice Monsters V on mobile was never incorporated into XV, instead it was just a watered down pinball game
also the reason why King's Knight will probably never actually get made
also the reason why the game seriously lacks more tie-ins to Kingsglaive and Brotherhood. all three act as complimentary pieces to each other yet it feels like they were all developed separately without any interaction between the teams. all the extra content present in these pieces affects absolutely nothing in the game and barely gets mentioned.
>>
>>389802186
Just emulate
>>
>>389802601
oh, almost forgot
EVEN THE PLATINUM DEMO GETS EXCLUSIVE CONTENT RELATED TO NOCTIS' PAST (granted, it's pretty shallow) AND EVEN THAT COULDNT BE INCORPORATED INTO THE MAIN GAME DUE TO POOR PLANNING, THEN IT GETS PERMANENTLY PULLED OFF BECAUSE FUCK YOU
>>
>>389802796
>THEN IT GETS PERMANENTLY PULLED OFF
I don't think I'll ever be pissed about this because I never stopped thinking the combat was shit
>>
>>389802601
>also the reason why King's Knight will probably never actually get made
it was actually made and quietly released in 2016 only in Japan, it got meh reviews just like JMV
>>
>>389802978
>meh
So it was better than the steaming pile of shit that was justice monster 5.
So how hard is FFXV mobile going to flop.
>>
>>389802918
no one played that shit for the combat tho, it was just a colorful Kingdom Hearts-ish cutesy tech demo to show how pretty the game looked
things like transforming into animals and stepping into switches to change the weather made it blatant that the demo was only a rollercoaster of eye candy
>>
>>389803321
They put an actual fight at the end and people were talking about "how hard" it was. I'm just assuming they liked the ability to hold the button that allowed them to warpstrike.
>>
>>389803179
not much, I think
unless they bail out on their promise to actually pull off the entire plot on it, or make the later chapters as DLC.
it should be doable on those graphics. it will look stupid and take a lot of space, but it's possible.
>>
>>389803321
wish there was more about shota Noctis and Regis in the actual game desu
>>
>>389794653
No, no and no. It's not FF, it's not even a good ARPG because Tabata is bad at games.
>>
>>389803960
>give the reigns of a mainline fantasy over given how type-0 turned out

>letting the motherfucking who made THIRD BIRTHDAY ever make another game

They have no fucking clue what they're doing at square.
>>
>>389804431
all the controversy over the localization of FF Type-0 in a period where all we've had was FFXIII and its sequels ended up elevating that game's quality and Tabata's competency to a legendary status
once we actually got Type-0 and found out it wasn't the hot shit everybody was hyping, it was too late. the damage was already done.
>>
Buy nier automata and don't listen to /v/ saying it's bad, it's awesome.
>>
>>389804928
>don't listen to /v/ saying this game is bad but you should buy an entirely different game
???
>>
>>389804928
not everyone is ready for crazy ass multi-genre action shootan existential drama feels thicc cute waifu
just like most CC2 and Platinum vidya
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.