[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/. I haven't been playing video games for some time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: folder.jpg (64KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
64KB, 608x608px
Hey /v/. I haven't been playing video games for some time now, but I am really itching to play something tonight. All I have is a PC. I basically hate every single thing about modern gaming, pretty much everything that's been put out in the last 5-10 years has been soulless. I would love to play something either totally mindless (like world of warcraft or kingdoms of amalur, but solo/single player) or something released in the last year that will blow my mind and wow me. Something that's actually built to be fun and built with love, not another fucktarded cash grab

The last thing I played and really enjoyed was Alto's Adventure on android. It has microtransactions, but they are never required and the game feels like it was made with a lot of love. I love really relaxing, slightly artistic stuff like this, with a simple mechanic that's polished as fuck.

Pic tangentially related
>>
>>389787948
UnderRail is what you need.
>>
Hellblade
The Stanley Parable
Gone Home
Life is Strange
>>
>>389787948
Divinity: Original Sin EE, or the sequel in a few days. The devs love the fuck out of their game and that's a rare thing.
>>
>>389788807
Stanley Parable was ok. Gone Home & Life is Strange were both medicore SJW bullshit. All three are part of the problem with modern gaming. I don't want a "cinematic experience", I want a fuckin video game.
>>
>>389787948
>Lana Del Ray

Play Life is Strange and then kill yourself
>>
>>389787948
Mount and Blade: Warband

Lana is cute
>>
>>389788918
You sure as hell don't seem to be searching for gameplay with such a nauseating OP, full of unwarranted contempt about a medium you yourself wrote you haven't invested in recently.

And to top it off fucking Alto's Adventure? Nah, the ones I """""recommended""""" should do nicely.

Lose the fedora and you might get some decent recommendations.
>>
>>389789157
see >>389788918

>>389788732
>>389789182
Will take a look, thanks anons
>>
Get CEMU and play Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>389789282
>not searching for gameplay
>OP says everything about modern gaming is shit (which is primarily games that are focused on cinematics, graphics, etc and not actual fun gameplay)
wat
>>
>>389788918
>SJW
end this meme lads /v/ took it seriously
>>
>>389789336
>Breath of the Wild
Too C I N E M A T I C for my tastes.
>>
>>389789336

Will try this too if I can, thanks anon
>>
>>389789431
>searching for gameplay
>2017 is full of gameplay
>guyz cum awn, modern gaming a shit
>a literal one button, time waster, phone """"""game"""""" on rails is a product of love

Lemme guess, he also hates "weeb" games a.k.a. anything japan?
>>
>>389789157
Nah, LiS was decent but lana is an overrated normie-tier shit
>>
>>389789757
Yeah...but the three games I bitched about weren't from 2017. If something in 2017 is full of gameplay, why don't you mention it?
>>
>>389789931
>pretty much everything that's been put out in the last 5-10 years has been soulless
>everything

You want recommendations after this? Why? You clearly know everything already.
>>
>>389790189
damn this guy lol. Hey bud, not OP, but you need a pal to play vidya with? Seem kinda tense.
>>
>>389790189

I have not been playing games for one year. And yes, most of the shit I recall up to that point, where I spent a lot of time on /v/, was soulless. But there is the past year gap so that would be why I asked for things released in 2017. u guys are bitter as fuck...
>>
Sonic Mania
Yakuza 0
Breath of the Wild

2017 has been a good year for games.
But I'll never get plebs like you. There are dozens and dozens of older games you definitely missed, and could be playing at any time. Why not do some digging and try those as well?
>>
>>389787948
Play Titanfall 2. It's super fun and clearly made with passion.
>>
>>389790385
Nah, I'm good, played some BB with the gang Friday and had some dumb fun on Duck Game/Broforce before going out to eat/drink with bros today. How bout you?

>>389790426
>bitter
The irony. Check almost every game release for this year, seriously. How should anyone take
>really relaxing, slightly artistic stuff
>Altos Adventure
as "I want gameplay"? I have that game as well on my phone, there's not a speck of gameplay, just something to turn your brain completely off. So without an ounce of bullshit, check literally everything 2017.
>>
Video games are for gays and aren't fun after the age of 18. We all hate ourselves and you are asking for cancer.
>>
>>389791091
desu i think the disinterest honestly is because i'm getting older. i just don't find much stimulating anymore.
>>
>>389791289
I stopped playing at 18. Then at 21 started playing again. I think that it has more to do with finding a game that you really like and not some random shit that it's out. To me was Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>389791578

i dunno. nothing does it for me anymore. the only one that looked interesting out of the top 50 or so on metacritic's new games section was Hellblade, also I remembered Nier Automata came out for PC which I remember looking fun. idk.
>>
File: 1500981331745.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1500981331745.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
ITT: I hate video games, please recommend me a video game
>>
>>389787948
i just played thro hollow kinght pretty fun
>>
VIDJAHA GAEEEEMMMMSSSSSS
>>
>>389787948
If you're looking for more artsy, indie games with heart, I'd recommend Pyre and Furi (although it released in 2016)
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.