[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played a Souls game before, but I wanna give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0262.jpg (501KB, 1890x1417px)
IMG_0262.jpg
501KB, 1890x1417px
I've never played a Souls game before, but I wanna give it a shot. Should I buy DS3 or BB? I like the aesthetic of DS3 better (I'm not in to the whole Victorian style Nightmare Creatures stuff), but it seems at least on /v/ that BB is praised more
>>
>>389775490
You'd probably like DS3 better then. They're both good games, and the biggest difference between the two is that Bloodborne has a regain mechanic where you can fuck up a close enemy that just hit you to get part of your lost health back, and you use guns for parrying instead of shields. It's also a little bit faster, where Souls 3 is somewhat more methodical and turtling can be a legit strategy with the right build. 3 is probably the easiest of the current series in its introductory stages, so its not a bad introduction.
>>
>>389776618
Thanks anon!
>>
>>389775490
DS3 actually looks a lot like BB in a lot of ways so I would discount the graphics as part of your selection.

BB has better combat.
DS3 has more builds.
PVP sucks in both games.

BB is a better game overall.
Also it has a stand alone story line so you wont feel like you missed anything not having played the first two DS.

I played them all as they were released in order and BB is still my favorite.

If DS3 didn't ruin pvp I would recommend it in place of BB but that is not the world we live in.

Thus BB is better.
>>
DS3 is derivative trash that excels literally nowhere. Hope you like wading slowly through tedious poison swamps because that's 1/3 of the game
>>
Bloodborne is the fedora of video games, im not saying this jokingly. How anyone can like the lame ass setting is beyond me.
>>
BB blows DS3 out of the water for the most part. It's also easier so you're best with that. I was in a similar situation to you having never played one in the series and went with BB first, don't regret it. The story is also fucking great.
>>
>>389778441
You sound like a 14 year old that's why
>>
>>389778453
>BB easier than DS3

wut

When I first played DS3 I went half way through the game before i experienced my first death.
>>
>>389775490
I can't imagine anyone would genuinely like DS3 if they've never played one before.

I can't even remember any of the npcs or anything from that game, it's all so unoriginal and purely exists for DS1fags to throw money at hoping to feel something like the first time they played Dark Souls 1.

Play Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1 as your first
>>
>>389775490
If you have a PS3, start with demon's souls. If not, start with dark souls.
Skip dark souls 2. Play dark souls 3 before BB. BB is the better game, though.
>>
>>389775490
Don't bother with 3 unless you've played 1
>>
>>389780269
you know what OP? just play 1
>>
>>389779271
Who /didntdieuntilpontif/ here?
>>
Start with DeS or DaS that way you'll be able to properly appreciate and scrutinize the better or worse changes the less clunky newer games have and to properly set the tone.
>>
>>389780486
I died in wolnir's death mist
>>
>>389778441
>being this contrarian talking about fedoras
>>
They're all shit after DaS. Warping from the beginning and destroying the Estus system makes them unenjoyable messes.
>>
>>389775490
BB is praised more everywhere, not just on /v/. Look at the metacritic scores.
>>
>>389778441
Oh yes anon, because might medieveal armor "n" magick is not fucking boring at all. LARP and High fantasy fags are the worst for self awareness when calling other settings shit
>>
https://youtu.be/lgWdyMycK_0

Every time
>>
>>389778326
don't listen to this faggot
>farron keep
>one tiny bit of profaned capital
>earthen peak ruins (dlc)
if you spent 1/3 of the game in poison swamps it's because you chug dicks and got stuck in one of them for a third of your playtime
>>
>>389780486
I killed pontiff on first attempt.

>>389781070
Same - that was the first death i had in the game, didnt realise it hurt until i was balls deep in the mist.

First boss to give me shit and actually die a couple times to was Nameless King, then i switched out from a lightning weapon (Creightons dragonslayer axe did dick all dmg to him) and rekt him with my morian blade - or whatever the name of that 1h sword with bleed from yuria is called.
>>
Bloodborne is amazing in every respect. DaS3 is lazy and combat is like swatting really strong mosquitos. Zero thought or heart put into level/world design and tacked on lore that just tries not to contradict anything said in the first game.
>>
>>389775490
Both BB and DaS3 aren't Souls games.
>>
>>389775490
If you want gameplay, BB

You should want gameplay.

PS DaS3 is a turd, you'd be better off playing das1
>>
>>389778453
>The story is also fucking great.
wat
>>
Start with DS1. If you have to choose between those 2, BB is many times better. I really do suggest starting with 1 though, if you play 3 first you might not appreciate it as much, and there's a lot there to appreciate.
>>
>>389780174
>Skip dark souls 2
2 is a perfect combination of DeS and DaS

plus it gives you the most freedom in terms of where to go from the very beginning and getting tons of souls to build a new character. it's great, especially with the DLC
>>
play the games chronologically faggot
>>
>ITT: people ""arguing"" which of their favourite Souls is the best #4654654787
>>
>>389785293
This is true. DaS3 gives you the smoothest animations as a character but none of the enemies are fun to fight so it's just annoying. Also pretty much all of the levels are just thrown together without any sort of innovation. It's insulting that they even released it like that.
>>
File: 1504436888737.jpg (51KB, 568x562px) Image search: [Google]
1504436888737.jpg
51KB, 568x562px
>>389776618
>actually gives a passable answer instead of being edgelord memer

You disgust me
>>
>>389785325
2 is the perfect combo of HAY HOW DO WE MAKE GAEM HARDER? PUT ENEMIES ERRRRYWHEERE LOL
>>
>>389785979
That's blatantly false but ok.
>>
>>389785979
I played Scholar. never had an issue kiting or crowd controlling enemies.
>>
>>389786325
I played DaS2 when it came out. I had many issues with having to fight 3 enemies at once because they were spaced too close. No idea if it was fixed by the last patch
>>
File: Lordran_large.0.png (1MB, 1280x3840px) Image search: [Google]
Lordran_large.0.png
1MB, 1280x3840px
Dark Souls 1 might not have the best fighting mechanics compared to the other games but in terms of the world and how interconnected everything is it's far superior to either Dks3 and BB. It's definitely still my favorite souls game.
>>
>>389776618
>3 is probably the easiest of the current series in its introductory stages, so its not a bad introduction.
well, maybe past iudex gundyr.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.