[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where am I supposed to go now? All the paths that I can see on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2017-09-09-16-14-33.png (305KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-09-16-14-33.png
305KB, 1280x720px
Where am I supposed to go now? All the paths that I can see on the map require some form of jump or flight that I don't have yet.

Also, Castlevania thread, if you like.
>>
>>389772970
That's the thing what separates actual metroidvania game (which is pretty much only SOTN even as of today) from other indietrash trying to get sales on the genre/cheap tag - you actual have a choice of where to go

To answer your question - anywhere you want, you are totally free once you have the door jewel
>>
File: Namnlös.png (368KB, 1280x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Namnlös.png
368KB, 1280x1020px
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-09-16-35-51.png (487KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-09-16-35-51.png
487KB, 1280x720px
>>389773312
I'm aware of that, I love true Metroidvanias. I can't believe it took me this long to play SOTN.

Also, I found an area I could access. I forgot that I had to retreat from this guy last time because my health was so low. Thanks anyway!
>>
>>389774612
>I love true Metroidvanias
>SOTN is pretty much the single existing example of it
>I love true Metroidvanias

it is like saying you love that unique fruit that only has one copy grown on a dying tree.
>>
>>389774746
Super Metroid, Hollow Knight, Dark Souls 1...

This is definitely one of the peak examples of the genre, though.

(Just found the Leap Stone, so now my options have opened up again, fantastic.)
>>
>>389775730
Hollow Knight came close.
SM isnt metroidvania. The whole concept of Metroidvania is based on best aspects of Castlevania and SM put together, it is like saying a butter can be a sandwich too. And no i don't care about your meme greentext with >le food analogy

Dark Souls isnt metroidvania. 3D Adventure games dont necessarily need this genre definition they followed similar concept for mearlier PS1 days
>>
File: clock_tower.png (2MB, 2564x1477px) Image search: [Google]
clock_tower.png
2MB, 2564x1477px
>>389772970
use your dog form to jump across the collapsing bridges.
then use dog form again to make the high jump on the stairs of the clock tower

heres a picture of where you need to do the second dog jump

its not really what youre supposed to do, but I didn't find that out til later
>>
>>389776517
Fuck that god damn clock tower
>>
>>389776517
Man, fuck those stupid cogs for that puzzle.
>>
Keep going through the chapel area for the double jump.
>>
Best version to emulate? Been a while since I played it through last
I do also have it on my 360 which is about somewhere
>>
>>389777760
SOTN
>>
>>389777760
I mean PS1 derp
>>
>>389776517
I actually did this in my recent playthrough. I managed to get a rare "Holy Sword" drop from the knights inside and also got the Leap Stone super early.

What you're actually supposed to do is get the key from the librarian and go through the locked doors you saw earlier, I think.
>>
You people should try aquaria. Is fucking fantastic. It went from confy mermaid simulator to third impact everything is tumbling down shit
>>
>>389779750
Naija isnt actually a mermaid tho
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.