[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know Fallout is only meant to take place in America and bla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

I know Fallout is only meant to take place in America and bla bla

Okay, how about a spin-off or a fan game taking place in China with zero relation to Fallout storylines? There are no postapocalyptic games taking place in China yet, sounds like a great settings with less focus on guns.
>>
Fuck records.
>>
A lot of the things that made Fallout work was using the culture the US had at the time.

How would you make a post-apocalyptic game using culture from a country most people haven't ever been in? The most you could do is to have shit like "Samurai Power Armor", which is bad considering that's Japanese culture, not Chinese, but it shows how much people have no idea about Chinese culture
>>
>>389772323
But why? There's no demand for it. "Fallout" is an American centric series in which each installment has had a clear foundation built around American culture and way of life.

If it's not about that why not just make a totally new game? Why even call it "Fallout" at that point?
>>
>>389772846
And you have no idea what a fallout game is.
>>
Where did this "Fallout must take place in America" thing start? Same with GTA
>>
>>389773507
Bethesda's lack of subtlety.
>>
>>389772323
First and foremost I want a good Fallout game. Like New Vegas. Not the bullshit that 4 is.
>>
>>389773507
fallout 3 when the retro 50's aesthetic took over instead of the mad max aesthetic
>>
Hey, here is a fucking INSANE IDEA:
How about a post apocalyptic game set in China that is NOT Fallout? Is that inconcievable idea?

Why the FUCK do we need to slap the Fallout fucking brand on everything?

>>389773507
With the fucking Fallouts you moron, which established the specific aesthetics of 50's/60's americana and the Fear of the Bomb as the absolute root of it's aesthetics. It's what carries the bloody thing. Remove that and there is actually nothing else to the IP.
>>
>>389772323
Most people think China isn't even a real country, "oh China, they have a wall and bald people with orange dresses right?"
>>
>>389772323
>China
>Post apocarypse
>Imprying China would undergo an apocaryptic event
>Imprying the Chinese government wourd ever farr apart
>Imprying the Great Warr wasn't buirt to withstand nukes
>Imprying grorious China won't rast forever

I wirr see you in court.
>>
>>389772323
Isn't it stated that China is a giant glowing crater and no one there survived?
>>
>>389773910
The first 2 Fallout games had none of the 50s-60s aesthetic though, that shit didn't start until 3, and aside from the music, it wasn't in New Vegas either
>>
Eastern Europe would be better.
>>
>>389774058
Fun Fact: It's illegal in China for media to depict a non unified china
>>
>>389773507
Since the first game. Fallout was made to satirize specifically 1950's Americana and Science Fiction.
>>
>>389772323
It seems like an interesting idea, but I really doubt Bethesda could do it justice. Besides, China is a huge gaming market and from what I read the Chinese government blocks post apocalyptic visions of China. If they can't sell it there, they probably wouldn't make it, or make a very watered down version.
>>
>>389772323
just buy a plane ticket to china, idiot
>>
>>389774170
There are some chinese survivors in fallout 2 and in new vegas there's a memorial.
>>
>>389773409
Neither do you if you don't think that 1950s americana is not integral to Fallout.
>>
>>389774179
What the fucking fuck? Are you fucking serious? HAVE YOU FUCKING PLAYED THOSE GAMES?! Are you fucking high or something?

Yeah, I do get that /v/ likes to talk about how Bethesda cocked the aesthetics up and yes, that is true. They got the thing wrong. But it's fucking painfully obvious that you never played the damn things to begin with either, just parrot what you heard (and misunderstood) /v/ saying.
>>
>>389772323
I'd rather play Europe. It's post-apocalyptic jungle full of shit.
>>
>>389774397
Is fucking not, fallout is not about bombs and the 50's, fuck off bethesda drone, if you only know fallout because dude americana lmao you should git.
>>
>>389773967
What third world country do you live in where most people have that little education?
>>
>>389772323
If it has no connection to Fallout, why call it Fallout? You'd just restrain yourself to the lore instead of creating your own.
There's a bunch of post-apocolyptic games that are specific to their countries. STALKER, Metro, Mad Max, etc.
>>
>>389773967
Do you live in a 50's propaganda movie about the chinese?
>>
>>389774498
In Fallout 1, the only bit of 50s-60s aesthetic you get is the Intro, but even then, that song is is from the 40s
In 2, it's just the intro again, this time the song is actually from the 50s
>>
File: YourLocalPaper.jpg (125KB, 551x391px) Image search: [Google]
YourLocalPaper.jpg
125KB, 551x391px
>>389773717
>tfw no crustpunk mad max post nuclear holocaust game with vehicular warfare and raiding
>>
Never, the Chinamen are a big market now so expect Bethesda to retcon the Great War in the next Fallout to have been between America and Russia
>>
>>389774847
Actually, the entire settings. Are very strong with their allusion to american "golden age". They are subtle, but none the less a vital aspect of the settings. The whole game is inspired very heavily by stories like The Chicago Abyss, Boy and His Dog, Baldy stories by Kuttner: on top of the obvious visual inspiration from stuff like Mad Max. All of these are famous works of american 50's sci-fi, which was very heavily driven by the aformentioned Fear of the Bomb sentiment.

Bethesda cocked it up by removing any sense of subtlety and turning the American element of it into a fucking cartoon. But that does not mean it wasn't always integral to the stories. It's what makes Fallout Fallout. Just like the East European aesthetics define Stalker, or how the Art Deco defined Bioshock.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.