[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a PC bro who wants to buy either a PSP or PSVita for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: PSP-PSVita.jpg (87KB, 480x383px) Image search: [Google]
PSP-PSVita.jpg
87KB, 480x383px
I'm a PC bro who wants to buy either a PSP or PSVita for handheld emulation. I know the PSP is a safe bet for that, but I really like the feel of the vita. Which one has more potential, and which one should I invest in?
>>
>>389758639
PSP.
I have an activated PS Vita but I don't know whether that's that easy to accomplish anymore.
>>
vita is the same as the psp but can also play vita games ( around 0)
if you buy a vita it has to be 3.6 or lower
>>
For modding, PSP. Emulation is going to be restricted to like nes and arcadey shit
>>
>>389759219
Those Vita's can't play the new games right?
>>
>>389758639
If you can get a vita that's firmware 3.60 or lower go for that, otherwise psp
>>
Don't expect much out of emulation from either of them. PSP's too old and Vita's too unoptimized.
>>
>>389759313
correct, but vita has no games so it doesn't matter
>>
>>389759272
The main thing I plan to play on these are PS1 games. Mostly RPGs and Survival Horror stuff.
>>
>>389760070
Vita just falls back on its old PSP hardware for emulating PS1 games, with comparable compatibility and performance.
>>
>>389760070
vita has two sticks
>>
File: 61YbG5ZRroL.jpg (92KB, 1500x888px) Image search: [Google]
61YbG5ZRroL.jpg
92KB, 1500x888px
>>389760070
I bought this grip off Amazon recently, hasn't got here yet but I think the vita would easily win for ps1 with the grip. Reviews say it feels like a controller with it.
>>
>>389760070
Either one is fine for PS1 emulation. Vita has a few more controller options since you can L2 and R2 with the back touchscreen. If the game requires those button it will be quite annoying to play with the PSP. The Vita sticks are also vastly superior to the PSP nipple.
>>
>>389760967
Vita sticks are still pretty shitty compared to e.g. 3DS circle pad.
The dpad is where it's at. It's the best dpad I've used since the GBA SP.
>>
>>389761060
I don't agree with this opinion. The 3DS circle pad is an abomination.
>>
>>389760967
Have you used the 1000&2000? My 1000 sticks honestly are kinda disappointing, relatively speaking they're good, for mobile, but they feel like an anolog stick with only 8-12 true directions. I with it had better accuracy.
>>
>>389761146
Vita sticks are so tiny, they're smooth and convex so your thumb slips off easily. I find the 3DS to be more comfortable and more precise.
>>
>>389761334
They're both poor analog sticks but I don't like the restricted feeling of the 3DS and it becomes quite uncomfortable the longer I play. The Vita stick feels closer to a traditional analog stick but it's still pretty awkward because of the size.
>>
>>389758639
Get a PSP 2000 or 3000 and get a memory stick duo to memory stick micro memory card for it.
Vita emulation is pretty much on par with PSP emulation since nobody cares to take the time or effort to code any emulators for it.
>>
>>389760136
So PSVita can do everything the PSP does emulation and homebrew wise? Is it like the Wii U was when you hacked it, how it ran the homebrew through the wii channel?
>>
>>389762513
Almost. A small number of homebrews don't work under the Vita's PSP mode, because it's missing the Media Engine coprocessor. So snes9xtyl_mecm won't work, you have to use the alternate snes9x_cm build or a Vita-mode emulator. Same for Daedalusx64,

Most stuff will work fine. Some stuff actually seems to run faster on the Vita.
>>
>>389762856
That's good to know. It plays PSP games well right?
>>
>>389763240
Yep, it's just as good as a PSP in that regard. Adrenaline is a fully featured PSP CFW for your Vita.
>>
You don't need Vita activation anymore. Vita has some options for remote play from PC if you care.
If any Vita games interest you, it's probably not that much more expensive than a good condition PSP. If not, it doesn't offer any better emulation.
>>
Why would you need emulation on your PSP 1k~3k if there are shit loads of games to play?
>>
>>389765025
more games is never a bad thing
>>
File: 1466295911283.png (452KB, 285x405px) Image search: [Google]
1466295911283.png
452KB, 285x405px
>>389765259
Well that's true.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.