[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Both these "demos" or "previews" for their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: better.jpg (313KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
better.jpg
313KB, 1280x1440px
Both these "demos" or "previews" for their corresponding final products felt way better and more fulfilling than the final game itself, for me at least.

The tanker mission alone of MGS2 as better than the whole game too.

Do devs know how to do better work on a smaller more concise objective or are they not allowed to polish their final games enough? Or finish them at all for that matter.
>>
File: 1364325658509.jpg (114KB, 844x914px) Image search: [Google]
1364325658509.jpg
114KB, 844x914px
>Ground Zeroes came out 3 years ago
>>
>GZ
>let's show all we've got in one smaller open area
>TPP
>now do the same on 1000 times bigger scale area, size is all the game is about after all, fill it with rocks and sand
>>
File: who.png (61KB, 161x211px) Image search: [Google]
who.png
61KB, 161x211px
Such a lust for good games
>>
>>389754373
never understood why so many developers wanna make open world games when they have no idea what makes open world games good in the first place
Kojimbuki is a fucking hack
>>
>>389753935
I think that's because there are different expectations.

For a demo you don't expect lore or story, you expect a glimpse of the world, setting and to test the gameplay you have been seen in E3 videos by yourself, and as such Duscae and GZ excel in tht sense.

For the final product you expect a whole product with a fulfilling story and an expanded combat, and well... we all know how MGSV and FFXV are, right?

Also, Duscae Armiger >>>>>> FFXV Armiger.
>>
>>389754613
Hopefully he learned his mistakes with MGSV and Death Stranding will have a better open world.
Im sure he didn't, and it wont though.
>>
>>389754818
nah he always made shitty games that normies thought were great
if he took his """script""" to any movie studio he would get laughed out of the office
>>
>>389754818
>>389754613
the thing with TPP is, that it was never fully finished. Tons of featured demoed and teased pre-release are literally not in the game, with the void left by them being lazily patched with copy-paste filler shit.
>>
File: oppression.png (641KB, 1990x886px) Image search: [Google]
oppression.png
641KB, 1990x886px
It' kind of a ranting blogpost but I have to tell you anons. Both Final Fantasy and Metal Gear both are franchises I really loved and I grew up on them. And they both disappointed me so much. I played MGSV and what an awful game. It has great controls but the gameplay and story is so fucking bad. I finished Final Fantasy XIII and that has to be the worst AAA game ever created. Gave SE one last chance with XIII-2 and couldn't even bother to finish it. I didn't give them another chance with XV, I just turned away and never looked back. I don't even know anything about XV and stopped caring when SE changed versus XIII to XV in name on E3 and people clapped like something interesting happened. Fucking SE killed Tidus by beheading him with a blast from a blitzball bomb, what the fuck.
>>
File: 1491715935533.jpg (125KB, 1136x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1491715935533.jpg
125KB, 1136x1011px
>>389756121
15 is not bad, but its as unfinished as MGSV.

That's the most disappointing thing about both games, that you can feel while playing them what could have been, but wasn't, all the designs, plans and fun ideas never included or implemented, but that you see glimpses here and there.

They both could have been without a shadow of doubt the best games in their respective franchises and they both ended up being... probably better than the average ame, but just another "meh" on the list.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.