[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>magic >modern setting >guns >shooting >rpg elements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1504907035455[1].jpg (464KB, 1194x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1504907035455[1].jpg
464KB, 1194x1200px
>magic
>modern setting
>guns
>shooting
>rpg elements
>horror

Why has no one made a game like this today? Third person shooters are huge. RE5-6 sold over ten million copies. You'd think Squeenix would be all over this trying to cash in. They've even tried to figure out how they could make games that fit today's marketplace, and have had difficulty with it. Well, PE would be perfect for that.

If the PE brand itself is owned by others, then they can just make a new similar series they have full control over.
>>
The author of the book doesn't want anymore games using the Parasite Eve name.
>>
>>389749614

They can make a new series with new name.

>>389749614
>The author of the book doesn't want anymore games using the Parasite Eve name.

So he hates free money? PE 1-3 are far better known outside of Japan than his book. If he was smart he could capitalize on this. Make a second book, then sell the rights to SE to adapt it.
>>
I think these days games are designed around certain genres. The only modern RPG with shooting elements I can think of these days is Fallout, and even then it has transitioned into a pure shooter with barely any RPG elements.
Parasite Eve is too genre- breaking: is it a JRPG, a shooter, a survival horror, or a bullet hell?
Nobody seems to want to take the risk to blend so many genres these days.
>>
>>389749372
Has the single best theme of any video game. That Japanese lady knows how to smash dem keys.
>>
>>389750025

You could sell it as a mix of Fallout and Resident Evil.

>Re4 controls
>magic system
>modern setting
>guns
>skill sets
>horror
>>
>>389749372
Third Birthday was a disaster.
>>
>>389750375

Cuz it was a shooter on the PSP with no budget. No shit it wasn't a good idea.
>>
Fuck having to clear out the Chrysler building to get the good ending
>>
>>389750504

It's a boring fucking dungeon with rehash enemies.
>>
>>389750504

The good ending is extremely weak though. I'd barely call it "good".

That boss theme is amazing though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr89znbZOrY
>>
>silent protagonist
>some kind of big disaster that gives people magic
>character creator
>starting class affects starting equipment and stats, but you can equip anything and build any type of character
Starting classes include: Police officer, priest, firefighter, street criminal, office worker, etc
>real world weapons + magic
>build a super elite shooter, or a mage, or a mix
>third person shooter + melee weapons

Could this work?
>>
>>389750375
>>389750473
Some of the gameplay ideas were cool, but making a game that lasts 10 hours tops on a first playthrough, with an absolutely shithouse story, is never a great idea.
>>
File: turtle.png (35KB, 212x255px) Image search: [Google]
turtle.png
35KB, 212x255px
My mom was obsessed with PE. She bought the strategy guide, had this notebook where she wrote down every floor of the Chrysler building and everything. My brother and I each help her beat a boss as well when she got stuck.
>>
>>389751020

>Playstation is so old, people's moms were fans
>pretty soon people will post about how their parents loved the PS2
>>
>>389751091
My mom is like, 64 or 65 now. I think she just happened to play it later in the Playstation's lifespan.
>>
File: res-slider-2.jpg (113KB, 960x440px) Image search: [Google]
res-slider-2.jpg
113KB, 960x440px
>>389749372
>>
File: The year 1998.jpg (2MB, 4784x3248px) Image search: [Google]
The year 1998.jpg
2MB, 4784x3248px
>1997-1998 was the greatest year for video games

>We will never play a game that is set in the year 1998.
>>
File: 1998.jpg (3MB, 2320x2928px) Image search: [Google]
1998.jpg
3MB, 2320x2928px
>>
>>389751510
Do you know if this runs on the ps3 emulator?
>>
>>389751813
>>389751598

This was right after a few years of the Playstation/Saturn/N64, so people were using this new tech to do new types of games. Gaming now hasn't changed as much between gens so it's a lot of sameness and stagnation.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.