[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games that are impossible to criticize on /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

File: 1480670768079.jpg (596KB, 1444x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480670768079.jpg
596KB, 1444x1024px
What are some games that are impossible to criticize on /v/? Starting with those two obvious choices before anyone gets any funny ideas.
>>
Witcher3
>>
Fallout New Vegas
>>
>>389748057
We've had lots of constructive discussion on both these games' flaws. It's just that most people who want to come in as the special snowflakes who see through them and call them out as bad experiences are usually a misinformed, willfully ignorant morons. We've had people saying BotW doesn't work because the climbing isn't like Uncharted's climbing, and I don't think I need to cite the amount of people who can't git gud at Bloodborne.
>>
Surprisingly, Ratchet and Clank 3
>>
>>389748057
One of them is GOAT and the other is meme open world trash.
Spoiler: The GOAT is not on a nintendo system.
>>
>>389748738

97>92 you dumb sony cuck
>>
>>389748810
Scores matter when I say they do.
So the Last of Us is the best game of all time?
>>
>impossible to criticize on /v/

Why would you wear that as a badge of honor? /v/ has the worst taste of any bigger gaming community
>>
>>389748886
Ocarina of Time is better
>>
>>389749017
This, /v/ doesn't even like elder god tier games like Destiny 2, Battlefield 1 or FIFA 18.
>>
>>389748057
BotW gets criticized all the time.
Bloodborne less so, but it's hard to tell because it's lost in console war faggotry. It deserves more criticism though.
>>
>>389749112
Destiny 2 is pretty fun
>>
>>389749065
>Memerina of Meme
>best anything
Go to bed, grandpa.
>>
>>389749112
Nice bait
>>
>>389749140
Every time you try to say something negative about botw you get the same few images as replies and how you "cry about the game all the time".
>>
>>389748057
Fallout New Vegas

>>389749140
>implying botw criticism isn't lost in console war faggotory as well
>>
>>389749065
So did Nintendo get worst at making games?
>>
>>389749112
/v/ likes waifu shit and garbage anime games
>>
>>389748738
Neither of them particularly blew me away. Bloodborne in particular I almost never hear of outside of faggots trying to perpetuate console wars here.
>>
>>389749231
Same for bloodborne

Everytime it's MAD PCKEK LMAO GIT GUD.jpg or WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE BOSSES SUCK BUY DLC GOY

that is for every game actually
>>
>>389749254
This, they can't appreciate how good FIFA 18 is. Fucking weebs man, I swear.
>>
>>389749260
Bloodborne sold like shit
>>
>>389749242
yes. everyone did. the old times are lost
>>
>>389749186

>dumb sony cuck tries saying scores matter with tlou
>gets btfo again by a nintendo game that has a higher score
>>
>>389749260
15 years ago I didn't hear a lot of people discussing Thief or Deus Ex either
>>
>>389748057
Bloodborne can be criticized, in fact everyone agrees that the game has very specific and obvious flaws (chalice dungeons, blood gems, not enough invasions, and arcane being shit).

BotW can be criticized if you ignore the Nintenbros.
>>
File: 1504572798570.jpg (64KB, 349x416px) Image search: [Google]
1504572798570.jpg
64KB, 349x416px
>>389748057
It goes both ways, faggot. Bloodborne and BoTW are impossible to criticize but they are also impossible to simply discuss. You underage, consolewarring, kiddie faggots make sure that actual video game discussion never happens for any sort of exclusive.
>>
>>389749467
You're forgetting the big one: blood vials.
>>
>>389749467
You forgot another one: The beast bosses, lack of bosses in the base game, the lack of weapons in the base game and the difficulty of the game

I think the environments repeat too much but hey I like the level design so whatever
>>
>>389748057
There's been plenty of criticism of BotW and it's only going to get louder for years to come. Most of /v/ actually liked Skyward Sword on release but as the months went on it became more and more polarizing until it was outright despised at one point.
>>
>>389748057
Neither is the best in their franchise, and for me, neither is in the top three.
>>
>>389749806
What game was better than bloodborne?
>>
>>389749065
It is.
>>
>>389749728
>most of /v/ liked skyward sword on release
Actually wrong. The game leaked before release, and it was already divisive when the game actually came out. By 6 months later it was already seen as an extremely polarizing title

BOTW is nowhere near that point despite having similar circumstances
>>
they get the exact quality of discussion I expect from a website full of people that think opinions=facts
>>
>>389749964
>set expectations at 1
>sells 2 copies
>WOAH SURPASSED IT TOTALLY SOLD WELL
Dude bloodborne sold nothing compared to the vastly inferior uncharted 4
>>
>>389749467
I don't get the hate for Chalices. I loved them, they are a great piece of side content that add longevity to the game. I feel like most people hating them played all the early ones end-game and never did FRC root chalices. They are really flawed but if BB2 came out and ditched Chalices instead of improving them I would be extremely disappointed.
>>389749619
Blood vials as a system are good, they actually punish you for dying a million fucking times. The only problem is that the game basically stops giving you them halfway through and you have to constantly choose between leveling or buying blood vials or go grind them, they should have made it so that every boss you beat gives you 20 blood vials.
>>
>>389749964
>Wojak image
>"Nintenbro" variant insult

Like I said -- faggots perpetuating console wars.
>>
>>389749806
bloodborne removed the pointless non-fun ways to play in Dark Souls which is using shields and magic and improved the only fun way to play dark souls which is using melee. Also the game is shorter and has better areas and bosses which gets rid of the bored feeling you get playing through half the levels of the Dark Souls games.
>>
>>389750205
The way of unlocking chalices suck
>>389750315
>non-fun
for (You)
>better areas
Yes
>better bosses
VERY arguable, especially the base game. I'd argue both dark souls 1 and 3 have better bosses, and more bosses too!
>>
>>
>>389750205
Chalices are shit. There's not enough map pieces and there's not enough interesting ways to interconnect. They're extremely repetitive and pull from a small number of terrible enemies and bosses. Wading through half a dozen NPC hunters and undead giants isn't any fun at all, and the less said about bell maidens the better.

The biggest problem is that the reward structure is fucking stupid. There's only really three things of value in Chalice dungeons: blood gems, runes, and (maybe) alternate weapons. Gambling on your own chalice dungeons is inane so you end up looking up community dungeons that have what you want on the first floor anyway.

Random dungeons would work way better in more complicated loot systems like Diablo or Nioh. Having them in a game where all you can really hope to get is a cursed blood gem that gives you maybe 5% more damage in exchange for some dump stat penalty isn't interesting or fun.

Blood vials are a terrible system in every regard. You're already getting punished for dying by losing progress and echoes. That should be the only punishment. Having to farm back blood vials is tedious menial bullshit, and taints the first playthrough which is the only time you really need to do this. But the problems go beyond the farming, they're just a terrible healing system in general. Having 20 even at the start of the game trivializes everything. Being quick and effective and difficult to punish makes every PvP encounter a drawn out nightmare of running away and faggotry.
>>
>>389750574
I'd strongly argue against Dark Souls 3 having better bosses. Every boss in Dark Souls 3 is completely lame and unmemorable to me except Nameless King, Soul of Cinder, Champ, and Pontiff.
>>
>>389750623
They literally forgot to place enough Evonium in the game to make the level 2 power bracelet until the very end of the game, rendering the entire crafting system useless and making you go back through every single map tp pick up items that were level appropriate for when you first entered the map to get 100% completion.
>>
>>389749506
This.
At least small ones are fine, like Tokyo Jungle.
Though that was a few years ago.

I ordered Everybody's Golf for 30 yurobucks, I hope it's good.
>>
borderline perfection
>>
File: pokemon.jpg (67KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
67KB, 640x905px
Obligatory.
>>
>>
>>389749619
>>389750693
>blood vials

I finally played Bloodborne in December but I never really ran out of blood vials.
Then again I always used the remaining echoes after levelling up for blood vials and bullets.
Even if you run out, you still have the items that give you blood echoes.
>>
>>389748057
MHW
>>
>>389748057
BotW can be criticized as long as your arguments are actually valid and well thought out
>"DURABILITY IS SHIT" is not an argument

Bloodborne on the other hand is immune to valid criticizism because Sonybros are so desperate about having no games with good gameplay that they can't handle even the smallest truths
>>
>>389750954
>XD
fuck off
>>
>>389750770
not him but "surpassed expectations" is pretty much a typical PR response and with no official numbers ever being released it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together
>>
>>389750812
I liked Dancer, Vordt, Twin princes and Abyss Watchers as well
Aldrich was pretty memorable but his fight was not terribly interesting
>>
>>389748057
Nier Automata
Persona 5
any Zelda game
any Pokemon game
>>
>>389750770
>believing PR talk with no actual numbers
Bet you think the xbox is a healthy brand too eh?
>>
>>389751356
I think everybody agrees that the plot and characters in Persona 5 were extremely weak.

I don't know if you've been in a Zelda thread. It's nonstop dickwaving about which games were better.
>>
>>389751307
eh, Dancer was OK but she has the same problem that so many DaS 3 bosses have, she's just another big human with fast sweeping attacks. DaS 3 probably does have the most consistently decent bosses but they were too samey. Vordt just felt like a Bloodborne beast holding a mace and Abyss Watchers were just a bunch of mediocre piss-easy NPCs and then Lady Maria. Forgot about the princes though, they were awesome.
>>
>People bringing up Zelda games
I don't think there is a more picked apart game series. The fan-base themselves can't even come close to an agreement on which one is the best.
>>
>>389751581
Eh I don't agree with the samey statement and Vordt. Vordt has less wild flailing and was easier to read and dodge. Abyss watchers weren't that challenging but their gimmick was great
>>
>>389750623
No point in criticizing something everyone knows is garbage by the devs alone.
>>
>>389749065
Unironically true, and I haven't owned a Nintendo since GameCube.
>>
>>389749235
/v/ beats it's dick entirely too hard to that game. They won't take their shit to /vg/ and the do it for free-ers don't do shit as usual.
>>
File: Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg (102KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg
102KB, 256x360px
>>
>>389750693
I have to say I don't play much bloodsouls, but my brother does. And for the 15% of the time PvP looks awesome, my God does the other 85% seem tedious as hell and cheesed to death.
>>
>>389751167
But the durability system in BotW is shit.
>>
>>389748057
Anything with an anime aesthetic.
>>
File: 1477392336652.gif (2MB, 380x254px) Image search: [Google]
1477392336652.gif
2MB, 380x254px
>>389751467
I accept any opinion except for SSfags

Fuck them and their game
>>
>>389752627
Why boner
>>
Anyone who's called xenoblade chronicles bad and asked to state their reasons why has sounded like a blubbering idiot
>>
>botw is good

It falls for all the trappings of a medicore open worldgame

Terrible balance (even on hard things get piss easy)

Shit enemy vareity

Shit enviroments

Cringey Voice acting

Boring copy pasted interior "dungeons"

Bad bosses

Bad weapon variety

It ties HzD as the most inconsequential release this year
>>
>>389750951
>backtracking
>64 is better in everyway minus combat system
>>
>>389752750
The most I've seen is "feels like a F2P MMORPG"
But it takes some time until the game opens up
>>
>>389752936
And boring quests
>>
>>389748057

Bloodborne is easy to criticize. Blood vials are fucking stupid, and the customization is lacking.
>>
>>389752936
>>389753052
>it's shit and boring because I said so!
Damn /v/
>>
>>389752936
>copy pasted
And everything is gone in the wind
>>
>>389753382
It is look at the combat fucking shrines

Its the same fucking shrine

Same withthe fucking chest in the middle shrine

The 4 big beasts or whatever have the same enmies and core puzzles, heck even the bosses feel mostly the fucking same

Get Stabbed
>>
>>389749065
>Overrated of (all) Time
top kek
>>
bloodborne is too easy.
>>
>>389753647
Wow, you have found 1 (one) type of shirne that is the same, therefore the whole game is full of copy pasted dungeons. Okay pal, surely you will be taken seriously.
>>
>>389753647
>combat shrines
20 of them, 15 repeats
>core puzzles
useless word, the core can be used in different ways.
>chest in the middle shrine
Forgot about the puzzle outside eh?
>bosses feel the same
Look the same, maybe. Their movesets are completely different, as are their gimmicks
>get stabbed
U first
>>
Botw has a gears of war 2 tier endboss

That final form ganon boss is an embarassment to gaming. What a laugh!

Even on hard, rofl
>>
>>389749231
Every time you try to say something good about botw you get the same few images as replies and how you are a "Nintent0dller" and Le korok shit dungeons nothing to do ugly graphics, shrines xD
>>
>>389754216
Yup, spider ganon was good tho. Pig boss was awful
>>
>>389754298
not true, though there are some obnoxious dedicated shitposters
>>
>>389748738
Spoiler: One has a 97, the other one doesn't.
>>
>>389754934
That means fuck all, look @ skyward turd

Zelda games are always overated since gamecube era
>>
>>389749506
The kids ignored this post. It hit them too hard.
>>
>>389755154
No, they are just interested in shitposting, like 90% of this dogshit board
>>
>>389755082
You said Bloodborne was better which is factually wrong since BOTW is rated higher. If BB was better, it would have a better score but it doesn't. 97 wins and Breath of the Wild is game of the generation still.
>>
>>389752336
Does this game really have anything seriously noteworthy deserving of critique? I'm drawing a blank. The combat is just fine, the camera issue for multiplayer can easily be solved with Player 1 just being Raine/Genis and moving back, the VA's aren't TERRIBLE, the graphics are pretty charming, the music is serviceable, and the puzzles are never too much of a hassle. What are some serious criticisms that this game receives?
>>
>>389751356
>any Zelda game
Im pretty sure people wouldnt give mind if you made daily threads about how SS is terrible
>>
>>389755601
Second half is weaker than the first. ToS is a solid game and is the most consistent tales game, worst I could say is the cookie cutter combat could have encouraged more variation. Still better than the piece of shit berseria or whatever else that uses button mashing
>>
>>389753108
Why are vials fucking stupid? Genuinely asking, I've only played Bloodborne out of the Souls games.
>>
>>389748057
Literally the last 2 games I beat, and honestly there both fucking magnificent, albeit for extremely different reasons. It'll be pretty hard for the next game I play to top those two, that's for sure. However, you have to be a blind fanboy to not notice any flaws with either game, even though they both make up for them in spades.
>>
>>389755962
>introduces a pointless, easy grind that just wastes time
>instant healing, no downtime, making it too easy to heal
>can carry 20 at the start, making game too easy

Das1 estus remains the best healing in dark souls
>>
>>389755895
>Second half is weaker than the first.
I would wholeheartedly disagree. Moving around the world is a fucking chore until you get Rheairds, and the amount of earlygame backtracking is really annoying. It's tolerable to a certain degree is that the fighting is at least decent for practice before a boss encounter happens, but replaying the game shows me every time how much better the latter portion is. So many more skills/attacks, so many more means of getting around, so much less of a barrier to access what you want. I especially liked the more interesting bosses that show up towards the endgame, because some like Undine/Abyssion demand speedier lockdown strategies, where titans like the dragon fights demand heavier damage output and sufficient healing. I'd personally criticize the intro of the game for being so fucking SLOW, and everything until Tethealla is just a drag.
>>
>>389756214
Different anon who hasn't played any other souls either, I agree with pointless grinding part, more often than not I would be farming vials whenever I would lose to a boss which after a while felt unnecessarily annoying. Playing Bloodborne as a newcomer to the series though, I felt that the game was pretty damn hard even with all the blood vials in the world thanks to all the 1 hit KOs and combos that several bosses and enemies have, and I've definitely seen tons of anons on /v/ call BB the hardest souls game. Then again I'm just a scrub, so what do I know.
>>
>>389756214
>Das1 estus remains the best healing in dark souls
I really don't get this meme. None of the bosses in Dark Souls are fast enough to warrant a faster healing option, and upgrading your flask is simple to the point of lunacy. No enemy engagement in the game should ever really press you to constantly chug Estus one way or the other, considering it's always either bullshit like Bed of Chaos or it's simplicity like Nito. Even if you find yourself limited in healing "options", one Humanity restores you to full, and you are capable of stockpiling 99 of them. Divine Blessings in 2 cannot be farmed indefinitely, and Lifegems heal slowly. Blood Vials cap out at 20 and while they are fast, the enemies in BB are dramatically faster to boot. The only shittier thing than retarded Humanity farming is Demon's Souls' grass, considering you could have 198 full-heal items on your person that you could walk while healing with.
>>
>>389756221
Havnt played it in a while but I guess I should have been more specific in saying the pacing/story were weaker in the second half for me. The focus on Sheena along with mithos being a retard took away from the mystique of the world
>>
>>389756569
Original anon who hasn't played any other Souls before. I just got to the Forbidden Woods, and I've only had to actually farm for vials once so far. I died to Gascoigne and the BSB plenty, and a few times to Amelia, but I always have around 30 in storage just from killing enemies around the zones.
>>
File: 1504898772585.jpg (15KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1504898772585.jpg
15KB, 500x333px
>>389748637
>Constructive discussion
>Implying it wasn't just entire wojak posting and namecalling mayhem
>>
>>389757153
Yeah that makes sense, but I was literally retarded and forgot I had a storage until I reached the end of the game, at which point I didn't need to farm anymore. Also, Forbidden Woods is probably the most annoying area of the game so good luck so with that.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.