[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all know that AMD drivers are trash and game optimization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

So we all know that AMD drivers are trash and game optimization on AMD hardware is almost as trash.
But what if developers were forced to optimize their games for AMD GPUs and there was no driver issues at all?
Literally the scenario that AMD has with PS4 and Xbox One.

Based on the Vega 20 leaks what do you think we could expect to see in the PS5 specs set to release at around a 2019-2020?
>>
Used an amd 280x for a few years before upgrading to a 1070, idk what you're talking about, driver support and game optimization was just fine except in gamework games of course, go figure why.
>>
>>389747484
AMD gpus are almost always better on paper than nvidia gpus when you look at tflops etc. This is due to fucked optimization. D44m is one of the only games that actually was optimized and it runs like a dream on AMD hardware.

Regardless. Imagine a world where deep opimization and driver support was available for high end AMD hardware like it most likely will be for PS5. I really think we can expect to see truely high quality graphics next generation the likes of which we can barely imagine now.
>>
>>389746538
>Based on the Vega 20 leaks what do you think we could expect to see in the PS5 specs set to release at around a 2019-2020?
Upclocked Vega 680 paired with Upclocked Jaguar. Zen SOC won't be in an affordable mass production range for a home console till 2021-22
>>
>>389747484
Same experience here op is a liar or a shill
>>
Why are ponyvidya still spouting their marketing
It's been so long and they keep repeating the same nonsense their ponyvidya marketing team feeds them
>>
>>389746538
>But what if developers were forced to optimize their games for AMD GPUs and there was no driver issues at all?
You have Forza 7 with real time lighting, better AA than PC, 4k textures, dynamic weather, running at 4k native 60fps.
>>
File: 1363719559928.jpg (4KB, 134x118px) Image search: [Google]
1363719559928.jpg
4KB, 134x118px
>AMD has better consumer friendliness
>Nvidia will tank the performance in my games on an AMD card wherever they can
>Therefore I have to go with Nvidia because I never know what games they're gonna effect
Oh, I hate this
>>
>>389749173

stop buying AAA shit. this is literally your fault.
>>
File: 1362726666405.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1362726666405.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>389749309
>Buy a gaming PC and then zero games that can push its limits
Sure thing kid
>>
>>389749173
Same.
Things like hairworks or gsync are the ultimate proof that nvidia are the worst.
They are so lucky that vega can't compete to gtx1080.
>>
>>389749364
>AAA
>push limits
I miss Crysis.
>>
>>389748305
>Jaguar in PS5
This is an impossibility. You will at best see a CPU that is backwards compatible with jaguar but not an upclocked jaguar.
>>
>>389749429
Funny since Crysis 3 is one of those few games optimized for AMD cpu.
>>
>>389749364

>hey i know im going to buy this unoptimized game
>wow wtf why does this game run like shit thanks nvidia!!!

you enable this kind of thing. again, you're part of the problem.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.