[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about buying a 3DS or a PSVita, which one would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (33KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
33KB, 600x330px
I'm thinking about buying a 3DS or a PSVita, which one would you say is better? Like which one hast the better games? Is easier to hack? Has more rips out there? etc.
>>
>>389738787
It's a great time to buy either if you're interested in hacking. I only have a hacked 3DS but from what I know of the Vita scene they've totally cracked it.

>games
Depends what you like. Vita has done indie games and an excellent JRPG library. 3DS has Nintendo games and I think an overall better selection

>hardware
3DS is cheap shit with a very low res screen
Vita is nicer hw but way more expensive

Honestly it just depends what games you like. You can hack, pirate and emulate on both.
>>
>>389739171
>vita
>totally cracked it
KEK
>>
>>389738787
Vita is a weeb paradise, has Vanilaware stuff and screen good enough for movie / anime watching.
HW is ok, proper 2 sticks are great, the track point on N3DS is atrocious.
That said, as anons before me said, just look through the game library and pick one where you find more stuff you might like.
>>
They have their own unique perks. Usually there will be games on both systems that'll appeal to you but one may offer more of what you like, it depends on your taste. The Vita hardware is better and feels more premium but the 3DS dual screen design makes it easier for me to see the screen in a sitting position rather than the vita because it's a single screen and you need to hold it up higher in a sense. Both have great games I had fun with. Currently playing odin sphere on vita and mh stories on my 3ds.
>>
>>389738787
I used to own a 3ds but I sold it after I realized that I didn't really enjoy nintendo games that much. The vita has more games for you if you're into japanese games
>>
>>389739940
Like what games? I only know Atelier and Nep(shit desu)
>>
>>389740576
at the top of my head: Trails, Persona, Zero Escape, DT2, Demon Gaze, Muramasa
>>
>>389740948
So all just a remake? I played Persona and Trails already in another console.
Same with ZTD series(again shit desu)
>>
>>389738787
Vita:
+Enormous library with tons of different genres
+Home to many core franchises if you like JP stuff, loved by many JP third parties
+Native access to PSP and PS titles
+One of the best D-Pads ever conceived
+Godly battery life
+Amazing OLED screen
+Twin Sticks that are surprisingly okay
+Gets even better if you know JP
+Can stream games from your PS3/4 and PC if you use Moonlight
+Easy to hack
-Horrible proprietary memory cards
-Not a lot of 1st party support by Sony if you like their IPs
-1000 model has the better specs but the proprietary USB port is an atrocity
-2000 has no proprietary USB port but the LCD is meh, it does have even longer battery life though
-Not all that interesting if you're not into niche and more obscure games, as most of the big names are ports
-Ports performance is usually meh
-Hacking is limited to 3.60 games and there's some other problems, better console for buyfags
-Has more multiplats than exclusives

3DS
+Has Nintendo games
+You can pirate the everliving shit out of it
+No proprietary memory card bullshit
+Has more mainstream franchises than Vita, like Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter
+Less expensive than Vita
+More exclusives than Vita
+Can play DS games
-Horrible screens
-horrible analog nub and button layout
-mediocre battery life compared to Vita
-Not so varied library, mostly platformers and JRPGs
-Doesn't really have a lot of quality games outside of Nintendo games and one or two franchises
-A lot of the better non 1st party games are still JP only, much like the Vita
-Citra might make it irrelevant in the not so long run, can't say the same for the Vita
>>
3DS has unquestionably the better hacking.
Vita is split between hacking or current games and as a result most vitafags have 2 consoles. On top of that the emulation on Vita is pretty much no better than the PSPs.

Top 5 3DS games:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Kindom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Kirby Planet Robobot
Fire Emblem Awakening
Monster Hunter 4U

Top 5 Vita games:
Tearaway
Muramasa Rebirth
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Odins Sphere
Gravity Rush
>>
>>389738787
Both are easy as fuck to hack. Library depends on what you want.

Vita has the option to play PSP and PS1 games well.

N3DS has the option to play every Nintendo handheld on it well and SNES games also work pretty good.
>>
File: 3DS games.jpg (3MB, 1497x5536px) Image search: [Google]
3DS games.jpg
3MB, 1497x5536px
>>389738787
Personally I prefer the library of the 3DS, and it's easier to hack and pirate on
>>389741515 did a really good breakdown of the two consoles though, short of that I'd suggest just looking into the libraries of them
Here's the recommended 3DS games chart, probably slightly outdated. You should be able to find an updated one and the vita one on /vg/
>>
Just get both. You will be covered in the handheld department forever.
>>
>>389741515
>+Enormous library with tons of different genres
That's a blunt faced lie. Most of the games on the console are JRPGs, anything new that comes out has a 75% chance to be a JRPG.
>>
If you like weeb stuff, Vita
Vita gets increasingly more useful if you're also interested in PSP or PS1 games
If you like Nintendo games, 3DS
3DS library is kind of shit if you don't and is heavily reliant on remakes of RPGs you may or may not have played already

Both are easy to hack but you'll probably need an old DS flashcart to hack a 3DS or to buy a sealed non-Japanese Vita to make sure it's a hackable firmware
>>
>>389738787
I would say get both eventually but if you had to choose for now:

Vita
>cheap games on Amazon
>ps1 games on PSN
>can connect to your PS4 and farm mats in bed or play games in bed

3ds
>cheap third party games on Amazon
>has a great library built up already
>longest charging cord known to man

The Vita specializes in week games, so check out if any of those interest you, I'm sure this thread will produce one or two lists. 3DS has quality titles that you need to play: Fire Emblem, Fantasy Life, SoulSilver, Bravely Default. To name a few.

My Vita choices would be: Freedom Wars, Metal Gear(HD collection), Xenogears, Persona 4
>>
Don't get the shit tier 2DS no matter what you do.
>>
>>389738787
have both
vita is easier to hack
3ds has a lot more games but not that great, other than a few decent ones,vita has a few decent games but those decent ones are really good. Sadly they'e on the ps4 too. You can get both the vita tv is super cheap.
>>
The Vita has anything released before August 2016 cracked and they also seem to be able to decompile more recent games to rip the English translation and place it in the Japanese game. It does require finding a v3.60 console or lower, which is guaranteed if you buy a new one in western packaging. They stopped being shipped in April 2016 and the hack came out in July so any 100% legit retail space won't have one. It started off with mainstream support but that died out after PS4 was announced and a number of Japanese anime games doing well on the PSP were forced or ported to Vita when the PSP was discontinued in 2014.

3DS sold better and had a hardware revision in 2015 for more processing power (more than the Vita when running exclusives or enhanced games like Pokemon Sun/Moon.) It's fully hacked and all it takes is a magnet and a $20 flash cart from the DS era to crack.
>>
>>389742319
>Most of the games on the console are JRPGs
Not true at all, Vita has a great selection of action games, fightans, SHMUPs, all the good indieshit like Terraria, Rhythm games and even some decent racing games, Vita is an excellent portable arcade machine.
>anything new that comes out has a 75% chance to be a JRPG.
Well, the console is at the end of its lifetime, what do you expect? 3DS has it even worse since everything coming out on it is a JRPG, Vita's most recent announcements besides JRPGs were a UNIST port, Persona's new rhythm games, the Raildex+Virtual On games and some other stuff, the most recent titles on 3DS are literally all JRPGs, see Miitopia, Ever Oasis and even some enhanced ports of Strange Journey and Radiant Historia, all JRPGs.
Not to mention that Vita has access to many cool niche simulator games like Neo Atlas, which the 3DS almost completely lacks, among the lack of other genres like fighting games or action games, which the Vita has in spades since you have Ninja Gaiden, the vast majority of the Metal Gear franchise and even western stuff like AssCreed games.
>>
>>389738787
Nintendo Switch
>>
>>389742916
>all it takes is a magnet
The fuck?
>>
>>389738787
If you're buying for hack, get a 3ds. vita is stuck at 3.60, and the $199 tag is expensive for not having full access to every game.

ironically enough, I play my vita more, but only because I've played through all of my 3ds games.
>>
>>389743084
It was literally called magnethax
>>
>>389739171
>Vita
>excellent JRPG library
Is this actually a selling point? I was looking for stuff to play on 3DS and the entire library looked like weeb games. Genuinly asking as a non-weeb.
>>
>>389743249
It isn't. JRPGs are the shovelware of any handheld. You won't play more than 3 JRPGs a year if you are not heavily into the genre.
>>
>>389739171
>very low res screen
This is a surprising advantage if you want to play Snes, GBA and GBC injections in pixel native resolutions. Most games look like shit but those classics look nice as fuck on the 3DS XL.
>>
>>389743084
magnet if your firmware is 11.5 or higher. only required if you buy the "new" 2ds, or a recently released "new" 3ds. a lot of boxed models are at 11.2 or lower.
>>
>>389743249
3ds has far less jrpg/weeb titles, but they do exist.
>>
>>389743653
Damn. I just preordered the SNES edition N3DS which surely will need magnethax. I have the flashcart but I don't own a magnet.
>>
>>389743794
>don't own a magnet
go to office max. make sure it's a powerful one, not some cheap fridge magnet. it has to be large enough(strong enough) to put your system to stand-by or some shit. one as large as a pill bottle, if that gives you an idea of size.
>>
>>389743918
That sounds pretty dangerous. It surely won't harm the system?
>>
File: lFlgM.webm (3MB, 768x614px) Image search: [Google]
lFlgM.webm
3MB, 768x614px
Dagger
>>
>>389743918
You're so full of shit. Don't fall for this >>389743794, I bought the biggest magnet they had and it still didn't work. You will need to get a bigger more powerful magnet.
>>
>>389743249
>Is this actually a selling point?
If you like them, yes, the Vita has a really good library second only to PC when it comes to JRPGs.
>Genuinly asking as a non-weeb.
Non-"weeb" have no use for japanese handhelds.
>>
If you missed out on the DS era then the 3DS is a much better choice. If you don't have a PS3/PS4 then a Vita is a decent choice.
>>
>>389743983
totally fine. but if you have concerns, check the /hbg/ general over at /vg/. they have a guide that walks you through everything. don't watch videos unless the guide links you to one. a few thousand people bricked their system after following some south american guide.
>>389744081
you're a dumbass. stop trolling people.
>>
>>389738787
Get a 3DS, it's pretty much the best handheld ever made with the largest library of games ever on it with all of them being incredibly highly rated being the best of their respective genres.

Vita is proof that japan should stay way from touching handhelds because all they seem to be able to make are awful ugly games that are obsessively sexualise women nonstop.
>>
>>389744032
what the fugg
>>
>>389743176
I've played more games on my Vita in the last year than I did in the last five on my 3DS. The 3.60 restriction barely matters to people who are just getting into the library now.
>>
>>389744598
I can't find any games to play on my HENkaku'd Vita. I mainly just stick to PSP and PS1 games.
>>
>>389744230

He is not a dumbass. My brother didn't buy a big enough magnet and now he is dead. Apologise!
>>
It just depends what games you like.

There are people who'd buy a 3DS and be pissed about how shit the graphics are.

There are people who'd buy a Vita and be pised about the types of games it has.
>>
>>389745398
To be fair the 3DS screen resolution was absolute shit when the 3DS got released and the problem was never fixed in the countless revisions it got.
>>
File: 1493996797553.png (120KB, 270x454px) Image search: [Google]
1493996797553.png
120KB, 270x454px
>>389744490
3DS is Japanese and so are all of its good games
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.