[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>HR ends with Augs going insane and killing thousands, if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 14

File: mankind divided.jpg (48KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
mankind divided.jpg
48KB, 460x215px
>HR ends with Augs going insane and killing thousands, if not millions, of people
>players bitch that MD doesn't just ignore that there would be divisions between augs and non-augs after such a disaster
Explain yourselves
>>
>>389734898

the stakes in MD were stupidly low compared to the other games.
>>
people bitch because it was (once again) rewritten and delayed as a result, and still we got only a half of the game, which also runs like absolute shit on PC
>>
>>389734898
It's not the fact that they didn't ignore HR's ending, it's the fact that they handled it very, very poorly just to make an apartheid analogy
>>
>>389735114
>they handled it very, very poorly just to make an apartheid analogy
How did they handle it poorly?
Non-augs not trusting augs seems like a very logical step to take. Even if it wasn't the augmented peoples fault, there is no guarantee something similar couldn't happen again.
>>
>>389734898
It's inconsistent or maybe too consistent.
People should (and some do) fear augs. Yet they call every augs "Clanks". It'd be alright if they only did that to civilian grade augs. But they see this walking fucking tank and goes "Piss off, Clank!". I don't know about you but I wouldn't go and tell a heavily armed black guy "Fuck off, nigger!"
It's like they have a deathwish
>>
>>389735265
>Non-augs not trusting augs seems like a very logical step to take.

Yes. People who can afford augmentaions worth thousands of dollars livin a a ghetto is all kidns of retarded
>>
>>389734898
Story not withstanding, the exploration in this game was the best across the entire series and it's a damn shame I can't explore another city as nuanced as Prague.

Hong Kong comes very close though.
>>
>>389735323
Not defending it but most people need neuropozyne and it's expensive so they kind of ruined themselves
>>
>>389735323
You do realise that they are being moved to the ghettos by the government right? Did you forget that there is an entire level dedicated to seeing one of the ghettos?
Did you forget that augs are required to take a drug to stop rejection/side-effects? And that the drug is very expensive?
>>
>dude forced apartheid lmao
>>
>>389734898

Because the division was shown poorly and contradicted its own canon on multiple levels. Nobody's butthurt about muh sjw parallels, they're butthurt because it was a shallow, entry-level conflict in a series known for depth in its storytelling.
>>
>>389734898
if only MD was actually finished
>>
>>389735490
Neuroposine is a hardware DRM for your body

>>389735451
I loved the amount of small details in Prague. Every other game world since have looked so sterile and empty
>>
>>389734898
Augs in the original game were rich. Rich enough to afford neuropozyn for their entire lives AND insanely expensive augmentations, mind. Them living poor, in ghetto, like some kind of niggers is absurd.
>>
>>389735323
it's easy to draw similarities to the real world in people buying cars n shiet they should not be able to afford here
loads of augs in HR were poor
>>
Turning a story about mainly about the dangers of technocratic authoritarianism to one about being mean to people who cut off their arms and legs for no reason was stupid.

I'm glad the series is dead, if that's what they were going to do with it.
>>
>>389735530
>You do realise that they are being moved to the ghettos by the government right?

Yes. And one of the main points of the whole DX setting is that goverments are weak. They just shouldn't be able to force segregation on that many people. I know about Neuropozyne, but again, people who could afford augs in the first place were in a good economic position to begin with.

It's not that the idea is bad, is that the execution is piss poor. They should have take a more subtle approach.
>>
>>389735018
what? did you think bombs were the real threat in all this?
heck, thanks for making plot more subtle I guess that not everyone got it

do yourself a favor replay it more thoroughly
>>
HR and MD both have the same problem of being almost entirely focused on the aug "debate". It's pretty disappointing when you consider the original Deus Ex cover every conspiracy under the sun and then some other topics. Every one in HR and MD just wants to talk about augs one way or another. It makes for a less believable world and poor world-building in general.
>>
>>389735048
>which also runs like absolute shit on PC
no.
>>
>>389735924
what do you think will happen now if augs became real?
religious people will go haywire, and there is a shitton of religious people
>>
>>389735813
Well IIRC the lore in MD states that Prague is now being run by corporations, or else it's changed legislation to be in favour of corporations.
You don' t know why or how people got augmentations. Sure maybe they were rich, but others could have been given them by their companies, they could have got it on the black market (either shoddy augs for a discount, or for favours), something went array in their lives etc.
There is no good reason to think only the 1% got augmentations.
>>
>>389735767
and in addition, loads of poor people would've been forced to get mortgages or loans for augments in order to not be forced out of the job market by augs who would be able to work more effectively.
>>
>>389735870

He isn't wrong though. Yes, shit is getting real in the background of the setting, but (You) have no agency in that story in MD. While it's true that's the case because Squeenix wanted sequelbait, it really fucks with the sense of purpose in the narrative.
>>
>>389736080
companies often pay for their employees to get augments, especially construction companies
>>
>>389735924
You do realise HR and MD also go into areas such as the control/influence of media, right?
>>
File: 324105-bionic-hand[1].jpg (28KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
324105-bionic-hand[1].jpg
28KB, 650x366px
>>389736010
Nerve-responsive artificial limbs already exist and nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>389736139
they'll care once we put a gun in it
>>
>>389736010
I know it won't fucking be the only thing people talk about every day. The characters in HR and MD aren't believable by any stretch compared to the original.
>>
>>389736080
>Sure maybe they were rich
not always, some are just workers with augs provided by corporation to build those crazy buildings you visit

these threads happen because nobody reads the books and newspapers in-game
>>
>>389736125
Yeah, people are totally going to cut their arms off to get a job as a manual laborer.
>>
>>389736194
My point was that not everyone was rich. Maybe I didn't articulate that properly.
>>
>>389736179
they talk about it because the illuminati wants the people to talk about it, plus there was a global riot, augs going crazy and killing people all over the globe, people will talk about that shit guaranteed
>>
>couple years earlier 99% of augs go insane and kill their families and anyone nearby plus themselves
>50% of the population, including fucking hobos, have expensive augs on every limb now

Wow what impactful storytelling, what an immersive world.
>>
>>389736207
it's not manual laborer directly, they need augs to build that crazy shit it won't be built without it
>>
Story and questionable ending aside, I think the game is fantastic in terms of gameplay, exploration, level design and Artstyle/Music
>>
>>389736080
Sure, that's a good point.

But those exceptions to the "you have to have money to have expensive things" shouldn't be as fucking numerous as to create the need to big-ass ghettos to be made.

A more logical and subtle approach would be to make most of the people in the ghettos to belong to the military or private security firms or whatever. Also more lore friendly.
>>
>>389736174
They'll care when they start seeing people with augs daily.
>>
>>389736207
yeah they would
>>
>>389736282
>i have no argument but /pol/ doesn't approve, so take this abortion
Cheers!
>>
>>389736194
Even in Deus Ex's world a company would have to pay you a fucking fortune to make you an amputee. That's just an excuse, not a justification.
>>
>>389736278
yes, and i'm agreeing with you, by pointing out that nobody read in-game lore and makes assumptions from first two levels without knowing what led to all this. It's well enough explained in -game if you bother.
>>
>>389736386
>It's well enough explained in -game if you bother.

It's not. It's hand-waved in the laziest way.
>>
>>389736309
>A more logical and subtle approach would be to make most of the people in the ghettos to belong to the military or private security firms or whatever. Also more lore friendly.
Whilst I'm sure plenty don't belong to either of those, we don't know who everyone in the ghettos are.
MD also did have you see someone who worked for some security/mercenary company, and you saw how he hated how his life turned out.
>>
>>389736134
Sure, I even indicated as much in my post. But it's still almost entirely about augs and that's all that anyone really talks about. It's extremely contrived and speaks to Eidos Montreal's shitty writers. These are the same guys that brought us the 4-button ending.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad HR was made. It was a light in the dark at that time in the video game industry. But things like this are a testament to just how far behind HR is compared to the original and how the devs still don't "get it" in a few departments.
>>
>>389736371

>I have no argument so I'll reeeeee about /pol/ for no reason

Top shelf anon.
>>
>>389736379
>hey dude want to lift a ton with one hand?
>sure sign me up

this is how I would react, because it would lead to more better paid work
neuropozyne is a tiny fraction for ROI at that point because economy on the huge rise
nobody can anticipate crazy cripple ruining everyone's day right?
>>
>>389736473
>But things like this are a testament to just how far behind HR is compared to the original and how the devs still don't "get it" in a few departments.
Well, I'll still absolutely take the new Deus Ex games. There are no games quite like the Deus Ex series and VTMB.
>>
>>389736279
It's all they talk about. That's the problem. There was the grey death killing people en masse in the original, did all the NPCs just act like JRPG npcs repeating the same shit over and over about "greydeath this" or "greydeath that"? Hell no. The world was way more fleshed out.
>>
>>389735265
Yeah, they just didn't do anything interesting with the setting they created. All the game says is discrimination against augs is like racism and racism is bad. There are no interesting questions asked of the player. They should either have put in situations where the view of Aug racism being unreasonable was challenged or if that was too controversial for 2016 make the main focus of the game about something else.
>>
>>389735870

I knew what the underlying threat was with the bombs and the poisoned wine and all that, but compared to the possibilities you hold in your hands at the end of any other Deus Ex game, it doesn't come close to measuring up.
>>
>>389736473
>These are the same guys that brought us the 4-button ending.
compared to 3 corridors ending in original game?
>>
File: clank.jpg (175KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
clank.jpg
175KB, 1600x900px
Can we just agree MD is essentially a simulation of what canadians think being a nigger in modern america is like?
>you break and enter into apartments
>you attack people even when you have a peaceful option availeable
>police randomly frisk you calling you names
>>
>>389736645
hm, I guess, depends on your outlook
personally I am tired of EPIC story lines, something more grounded seems like a better story
>>
>>389736532
Lawyers exist. No company worth of surviving in a cyberpunk setting would risk huge lawsuits for forcing somebody to lose a limb without proper compensation
>>
>>389736740
there is this thing called " free will" or "of your own accord"
if you agree to something legally you agreed to it.
>>
>>389736667
The 4-button situation was several orders of magnitude lazier than 3 corridors. The latter at least gives an illusion of your actions affecting the ending by giving you different tasks to perform.
>>
>>389736740
nobody forced anybody, but a company will prioritize hiring guys with augments, so if Billy wants to stay employed he better get augmented cause Tom is around the corner and his augmented arms and legs makes him 100% more effective than Billy
>>
>>389736801
That's not how things work when we're discussing employment but whatever
>>
>you're the world's savior and insanely accomplished operator in HR
>in MD you're treated like some random fag in interpol and your bosses don't respect your abilities

this pisses me off so much
>>
>>389736889
That's another argument all together
>>
>>389736608
>where the view of Aug racism being unreasonable was challenged
But it is - people don't want to be near ticking time bombs. Admittely the devs were a bit biased, but it absolutely doesn't show that everyone is terrible for being afraid of the augmented.
Jensen himself even has dialogue options with the psychiatrist to say he doesn't support the augmented fight.
>>
>>389736801
Not him but there are things in contracts that are not enforcable because they violate your rights or well-being or some shit. So no, you can't literally agree to anything and have it legally binding.
>>
>>389736892
It absolutely is. Companies can force you to get degrees/PhD's just to keep you employed - not even to get promoted.
Companies prefer people who have a car to those who don't, so why wouldn't it be the same for augs?
>>
>>389736879
are you sure? I was really annoyed at that point they made me run in circles so much
4 buttons seems like a better idea, both are bad don't take me wrong
>>
>>389736974
anything that isn't against the law directly - goes
that's how contracts are built, if you can make a loophole you do it, any corporations does it
they didn't cut their augs back after firing them right? all is legal, they just don't have money to buy drugs to keep yourself alive anymore
>>
>>389737030
>so why wouldn't it be the same for augs?
Because you have to chop your own limbs to do it? Because it has serious health consequences?

An employer can demand PhD's or car licenses or whatever, but they can't ask you to chop your own dick. And if you did and later it was discovered that you need an expensive treatment for the rest of your life that wasn't agreed upon, well, that employer better hire the best lawyers in the world because they are going to be hit hard.
>>
>>389737181
nobody forced you to do it
>>
>>389737164
That's... that's not how things works. Not even in the most stinky of third world shitholes
>>
>>389734898
the problem with it is going from augmented people being rising to near-prominence (over a fifth of the population, nearly all the 'elite') to universally reviled and in ghetto/death-camps within just a few years. the logistics of that transition, especially under general public awareness of the Aug Incident as a terror attack that the augmented were all innocent in. it's supposed to be 'illuminati is forcing the meme to make augs scapegoats', but its still stressing plausibility.

>>389735018
>>389736098
>>389736645
It's entirely because MD was supposed to be the first entry in a trilogy of games. IOW it's entirely because of squeenix being totally incompetent retards who are choosing to burn all their known-profitable franchises in order to keep propping up the completely failed Final Fantasy.
>>
>>389737243
Video game industry example - AC creator got a boot without anything.
People in DeusEx at least got their augs left.
You are making argument that if someone willingly cuts his arm off to work for corporation its a no with the law?
>>
>>389737438
>general public awareness of the Aug Incident as a terror attack that the augmented were all innocent in.
But that doesn't matter - there is nothing to stop something like that from happening again.
>>
>>389737546
the fear doesn't just go away
so government had to either segregate or expect riots everyday
>>
>>389737514
>You are making argument that if someone willingly cuts his arm off to work for corporation its a no with the law?
Yes. If the corporation was the one who offered the aug to the employee like we are discussing, yes. One hundred times yes.
>>
File: 1329177566191.jpg (197KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1329177566191.jpg
197KB, 500x500px
Unlike OP, I found 4chan before 2017, here's what /v/ had a problem with:

>rpg elements dumbed down to nearly invisible war levels
>malek replaced by sassy negro
>pritchard replaced by sassy negress
>sarif voice actor inexplicably replaced
>franchise about anti-globalism now promoting globalist agendas with blacklivesmatter/aug lives matter
>"hurrr we're gonna tackle the evils of apartheid" (more globalist crap peddling)
>every hub and dialog in the game designed to make you think "wtf, i love blacks/muslims now!" (more globalist crap peddling)
>game abruptly ends to make room for dlc jewing and adam jensen trilogy

The amazing part is that despite the studio and the head writer Mary DeMarle being a libtard and promoting libtard globalist agendas in the game, they were attacked by their political fellow travelers the black lives matter retards. BLM being largely managed by blacks were too stupid to understand that the game was race baiting in their favor and began attacking the studio over culturally appropriating their movement.

http://www.businessinsider.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-controversy-over-black-lives-matter-imagery-2016-8

The biggest fall from grace was the libtard studio using a franchise that has always been anti-globalist and cultural strife,and using it as a vehicle to promote Soros-funded subversion and cultural strife. Being staffed mostly by left-wing nutjobs, I doubt they even got the irony of that.
>>
>>389734898

when did anyone do that
>>
>>389737656
>I found 4chan before 2017
So, 2016?
>>
>>389734898
Game was great but ended too early.

Will never not be fucking mad that squenix has dropped this franchise.
>>
>>389737787
Read the thread
>>
>>389737656
Sounds like you went out of your way to find things that you think have an agenda and disregard whether or not they fit the world of the game. And my favorite
>Deus Ex panders to /pol/'s conspiracy theories (Jews control the world)
>GOTY greatest story ever written
>Mankind Divided panders to /pol/'s conspiracy theories (White genocide)
>Fuck this libtard bullshit
>>
>>389737961

no, defend your position
>>
>>389737623
so, corporation giving you a car is forbidden?
you are way constricted into contemporary way of thinking since the tech is not here
but i'd imagine augs would be no different from a car
they are identical to your hands but better, you can even feel a touch with them no problem
>>
File: RacistPajeet.jpg (298KB, 1645x605px) Image search: [Google]
RacistPajeet.jpg
298KB, 1645x605px
>>389737656

Everybody's favorite racist BioWare employee attacking the Deus Ex team.
>>
>>389737656

It's because he went off the deep end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4
>>
>>389737656
>inexplicably

the dude is a fucking nutcase who makes vlogs about the bugs in his walls
>>
>>389738358
>>389738368

EXACTLY the mad man that we needed voicing Sarif.
>>
>>389738037
>so, corporation giving you a car is forbidden?
If said car caused you to lose limbs and be dependent of a expensive drug all your life in a way that's not your fault (i.e not a car crash), then yes.

It's apples to oranges anyway.
>>
>>389734898
The issue was the stupid way the whole incident was treated in-universe. It was clearly mass sabotage since everyone who replaced their chip went ape at the same time, and Darrow incriminated himself on live tv by saying he was sorry and pressing a switch. Anyone with half a brain could put two and two together without necessarily finding Tai Yong at fault, but somehow everyone in the Deus Ex universe is quarter-brained and "doesn't know how the incident happened", with a good percentage of them being even stupider and thinking the whole thing was deliberate on the part of the augs. The premise's foundation is mud, and that's not even touching the false equivalencies to racial divide.
>>
>>389734898
The games take themselves too seriously now. Deus Ex was like X-Files with outlandish conspiracy theories being the main point of the game, but now it takes a back seat to whatever current event that the writers turn into their agenda that they want to shove down players throats.

When the conspiracy stuff actually came up in MD it seemed so out of place because the tone was completely different from the aug lives matter shit.
>>
>>389737656
>using a franchise that has always been anti-globalist
no it wasn't, game gives you the choice what you want it to be
all 3 of them do(IW didn't happen)
but you cling to what you think is right
Warren Spector told a story how in a bar after a fan meet or something two people were arguing: one said DX is liberal crap the other blamed it to be ultra right or something along those lines. That's the whole freaking point of these games.
>>
>>389738358

If this piece of shit >>389738129 can go on countless rants against whites on a twitter account linked to his professional job with a game studio and still keep his job, David Sarif should not be fired because he thinks there are bugs in his walls.

Heir was actively alienating consumers from Bioware products by denouncing an entire race with his idiotic tweets. Which idos consumer was Shellen hurting by thinking there were rats or bugs in his walls?
>>
>>389738747

One of them is an insufferable faggot, the other probably carries a boxcutter to work because he thinks you're looking at him funny.
>>
>>389738747
He wasn't fired, he's been arrested a bunch of times for taking drugs and going out in public all crazy like.
>>
>>389734898
HR worldbuilding is nonsensical to begin with, so MD would be a lost cause no matter what it did.
>>
>>389738484
you seem to miss the point - company gives you money
it is you who decides to take the money or not
they do not give you augs directly
>>
They shouldnt have made a direct sequel to HR anyways
Didn't they learn with Deus Ex and Invisible War?
>>
>>389739513
That's a different case. We were talking about a company offering you an aug ('cause you wouldn't be able to afford one otherwise). If a person got and aug on their own accord, well, the company has no fault at all (but a company which only employed augs would probably get some legal repercusions too)
´
But there's a lot of examples in DX's universe where the employers were the ones that gave out the augs. Jensen, for one. Navarre and Gunther in the original.

Also, according to the original Deus Ex, most of the aug people were soldiers, private security and elite employees, not random fuckos. That would have made more sense, but then they couldn't have made their 2deep4u apartheid analogy
>>
Human Revolution had a really interesting conflict that we will probably see in the future. Mankind Divided had a generic oppression story line that we've seen many times in the past.
>>
>>389739308

God forbid someone in the entertainment industry act like that! Why, we should have that person swept out immediately!
>>
File: Adam deals with degenerates.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
Adam deals with degenerates.webm
3MB, 800x448px
Sidequests and Hub exploration were fanatstic.
I replayed it right after finishing.
>>
>>389736207
>>389736297
>>389736339
I don't think they would. For the more far out shit you see you would just need more people.
>>389736339
I don't think that's going to happen.
>>389736532
You would also need some manner of spinal/chest reinforcement. Don't want to throw your back out or rip out your prosthetic. So that's even more expensive and invasive.
>>389736889
Well, how? He can work longer I suppose? I mean even If I had a full conversion, a never tiring shell of servos and wiring I would still get bored. Still got things I wanna do. Heck I would love for the pain I get from working to stop. But I'm not going to chop my feet off, I don't think many people would.
>>
>>389740324
From my understanding the whole reason the "aug panic" started was that wounded people got prosthesis and somehow outpaced those without them. So people started suing for the right to get "augmented". I don't think that'll be the reason we see people doing it. More so being wounded or personal choice. I can't say you would find many people cutting limbs off because "I felt like it" though.
>>
>>389734898
It's because HR's aug fascination was shit and one of the worst things to take from the first game, and so doubling down on it is boring.
>>
>>389740679
>gun has no recoil

I hate these games
>>
>>389743040
>heavily audmented arms
>recoil

There's literally an upgrade which reduces it you dipshit.
>>
>>389740324
No HR's conflict was also pretty contrived.
>>
>>389741759
Sarif's company definitely wasn't aiming at poor people. Also, I think conceptually the idea of mechanical augmentation can stand in for any kind of technological human enhancement. That was the interesting part of HR: the conflict between remaining 100% human or artificially enhancing yourself.
>>
>>389737656
>rpg elements dumbed down to nearly invisible war levels
it's been the same level in all games
>malek replaced by sassy negro
he's alright
>pritchard replaced by sassy negress
she's hispanic
sarif's voice actor is an idiot who thinks he's too good for the game
>franchise about anti-globalism now promoting globalist agendas with blacklivesmatter/aug lives matter
no it isn't
>"hurrr we're gonna tackle the evils of apartheid" (more globalist crap peddling)
no
>every hub and dialog in the game designed to make you think "wtf, i love blacks/muslims now!" (more globalist crap peddling)
no
>game abruptly ends to make room for dlc jewing and adam jensen trilogy
blame square enix for this
>>
>>389743170
who cares it's not realistic
>>
>>389743819
Then don't go for augs that decrease recoil
>>
>>389737656
>cares about sarif's actor
>doesn't care about manderley, everett or debeers
wow
>>
>>389743819
>modern guns
>recoil
>muh realsim

Neck yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJs9sBBjLls
>>
File: helios ending.gif (2MB, 350x228px) Image search: [Google]
helios ending.gif
2MB, 350x228px
>>389737656
>Deus Ex is anti-globalist
>only good ending is the world being run by an integrated AI consciousness
>>
File: 1498687343164.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498687343164.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>389740689
>I don't think many people would.
they will when chopping your feet off becomes "hot stuff".
>>
File: 1329589782513.jpg (75KB, 900x727px) Image search: [Google]
1329589782513.jpg
75KB, 900x727px
>>389738358

Fuck.

Literally /ourguy/ and the industry fired him but that racist loo-dodger at Bioware doesn't get fired for going on racist rants about whites daily? I'm more offended that this guy isn't David Sarif anymore than any of the other white guilt shit they pulled with Mankind Divided. Seriously, how was this guy not playing Lazarus the radio DJ?!
>>
>>389744284
>what the FUCK do you think you are doing?
>>
File: 1445679682250.gif (3MB, 267x298px) Image search: [Google]
1445679682250.gif
3MB, 267x298px
>>389738358
and instead of helping out that guy they fire him and leave him to his devices
>>
>>389737438
The idea behind is that even if the truth is publically available, there are those that can obfuscate it through the media. This happens in real life.
>>
>>389743314
Well I can see augmentation being a stand in overall, I feel the topic isn't really given all that much depth. I mean nano-augmentation is basically magic, at least the idea of a prosthetic being on-par with a normal limb is something plausible and explorable. Ross said it best. The game goes on and on about how the "unaugmented" are in danger of being replaced or that It's the future of humanity while coasting over the finer details. I feel a game about this would be interesting. But It being a Deus Ex game got in the way of the topic. Cyberpunk 2077 may go into it but the same thing applies. It has a style and story with it already.
>>
>>389743646

Most of what you said is completely wrong but since you put this much effort into it, have a (you). Don't bother responding, I don't want a conversation with (you) and this is the only (you) that (you'll) be getting from me.

http://gameranx.com/features/id/28719/article/deus-ex-mankind-divided-director-speaks-out-about-mechanical-apartheid-complaints/

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/26/deus-ex-mankind-divided-mechanical-apartheid-trailer/
>>
>>389744714
fuck off
>>
File: 1478813251055.png (229KB, 566x432px) Image search: [Google]
1478813251055.png
229KB, 566x432px
>>389737656
>opening scene has Bob Page talking with Illuminati characters who now sound completely different from how they sound in the first game
>people only notice Sarif's new VA, who at least tries to sound similar
what a shame
>>
>>389734898
How come such a massive event was not mentioned once in Deus Ex? Given that there's two characters that are mechanical augs worried about obsolescence, this seems like something worth mentioning.
This is the problem with prequels. It's either unimportant, a retread or unfitting.
>>
>>389744462
I like the topic of augmentation being a style thing, or a status symbol. Like having a gold plated arm or an engraved one like Sarif. But I just can't see people subjecting themselves to invasive surgery to be hip or trendy. A gauge or grill is one thing but cutting off your arm is another. Cyberpunk 2020 even had phony cyberware. Like non-functioning movie prosthesis you could wear, for the poor or scared. Which I find amusing.
>>
>>389745116

>deus ex the conspiracy
>deus ex human revolution

One of these was made in the last 5 years.
>>
>>389745283
>deus ex the conspiracy
ew
>>
>>389736207
if I could get mega fucking robot arms free of charge id truthfully do it anon
>>
>>389737656

Deus Ex is an insanely left wing leaning series since the first game. Conservatives are the antagonistic figures.

The red pilling was against shitty government and business practices for the elite.
>>
Has anyone played the DLCs?
I loved MD and planned on getting them, but uni got in the way.
Are they like The Missing Link? (You play them from the menu, rather than having an option for them during the main game)
>>
>>389745748
Yeah they're self-contained. A Criminal Past is the only one worth playing though, and isn't set during MD's story.
>>
>>389744038
b-but muh csgo
>>
>>389745963
What about System Rift? It's the one with Pritchard, isn't it?
>>
>>389744284
man that was an unpleasant surprise when I first did that
>>
>>389746241
It feels like a sidequest cut from the main game with a gimmick tacked on. It's playable but nothing worth paying for.
>>
>>389734898
The mechanical apartheid stuff being the main focus of everything in the reboot-prequel was bad enough. It being the main focus of everything again in the reboot-prequel-sequel was criminal.

It's not that it wouldn't have made for a good background theme, like DX had so many of. It's that there just isn't all that much good writing and questing to be had with it in the first place and much less base a trilogy around. It would've made for a great theme to subtly put here and there, it makes for a terrible theme to shove in the player's face at every opportunity. Because of this one-note theme both games feel flat and one dimensional, unlike the original.

The fact it feels so artificially conjured up when there aren't even that many mechanically augmented people in the original game set 25 years later and the ones that are literally either some agent spec-ops types or criminals or something, rather than people who just wanted to compete in their industrial jobs (an idea which also falls apart the moment you start thinking about it) also doesn't help.

And then there's the bizarre notion that people with simple prosthetics can be counted as "mechanically augmented" just because they have a cyberleg and take neuropozyne and we're to believe a "simple" connection and interface between the nerve endings in their legs and the prosthetic could and would somehow turn them into a killing machine at the end of HR, because lolcybermagics.

I enjoyed both games for what they were, not as much as I enjoyed the original, but come on. If they ever manage to continue the reboot-prequels, I really hope they don't double down AGAIN and actually manage to produce an interesting background for what is not entirely terrible gameplay.
>>
>>389746452
>there just isn't all that much good writing and questing to be had with it in the first place
MD has the best side quests of any game released this decade, if not further back.
>>
>we got half a game
>the average playthrough is between 35-40 hours

explain yourself
>>
The story of these games went to shit at the end of Human Revolution. Things were just getting interesting when you met up with your whore ex-gf and found out there was some giant conspiracy. Then Mr Evil Genius makes all augs go crazy to end the game.

If they had developed a better conclusion for HR, then Mankind Divided wouldn't have been so shit.
>>
>>389746757
It has one truly interesting sidequest, which incidentally is the writers and designers either really trying or really scraping the barrel of the theme, I can't tell which. The rest are fun, but nothing special or memorable.
>>
>>389746907
10 hours are just Adam riding/walking in metro though.
>>
>>389746452
Basically this. The writers barely seem to register that Deus Ex is not primarily about augmentation, I wish it would just go back to a background/gameplay element rather than being some contrived centerpeice that NPCs will not shut the fuck up about.
>>
>>389746452
>that people with simple prosthetics

I can understand people "augmenting" themselves with the more advanced pieces but the fact you see people that assumingly got those running blades instead is simply absurd. I mean it's a piece of bent metal and nothing else. Job market can't be that bloody bad.
>>
>>389747501
>2017
>not having 16 GB ram and a SSD

Poorfags shouldn't be allowed to post.
>>
The whole clone subplot fucks me up anons
>>
>>389747789
>he must be poor hur
>not the game's fault drrr

Was installed on SSD moron. Every shill was saying this on Steam forums, meaning that even devs knew how unoptimized this piece shit was on release. It still manages to drop frames and stutter somehow with all that loading.
>>
>>389748229
Works on my machine, then again I run the pirated copy, maybe it's Denuvo fucking up everything.
>>
>>389743819
have you seen how gun shoots from fixed position? that's what augmented arms give you
>>
>>389747969
How would a clone take finding out they're a clone?
>>
>>389735745

Bullshit

A lot of Aug users were users who got them from accidents or while serving in the military. And once they got discharged from the military, suddenly they have all these expensive Augmentations that they have to maintain themselves with no help from the government
>>
>>389748752
If they are just a clone in body not mind, hopefully well. I mean sure you look almost exactly like somebody else and were assumingly made for a purpose. But your still a different person. Now a near perfect clone of somebody, memories and all would be far more strange but nothing to over the top. Would be a pain to get all the legal stuff sorted out, that's loads of paperwork.
>>
>>389735745
Not all of them like >>389749139 says. It's also ridiculous that people would start treating those people differently when they could end up like them if they were in an accident.
>>
>>389750459
Well if they were in an accident, they may not be able to afford the drug after a while. So obviously they wouldn't want to be augmented.
If the people who are augmented weren't in an accident, then they may have known whether they could afford the drug (at the time anyway) so would therefore be much more competitive than a non-aug.
If this is after the events of HR, people would be afraid of the augs in case something similar happens again. In that situation, you'd likely not want to end up an aug.
>>
>>389743170
muh arms = the gun doesn't kick at all

kys
>>
The idea that augs were poor is stupid. Sure, chopping off your arm to get it replaced with a metal one isn't super logical - but it makes for a more interesting world. I want to see characters who choose to get super limbs and mega brains argue with normal people about the ethics of it. That's a genuinely interesting argument that reflects contemporary views on designer babies etc.

Poor people struggling to pay for their drugs isn't remotely interesting to me.
>>
Are the sequels canceled? Won't there be another sequel?
>>
>>389746907
my full play-through on GMDE or whatever the hardest setting is took me ~20 hours and I goofed around a lot, I basically explored 100% of the bank before the mission that sent me there, and I found the secret room of the boss of the agency before having to go there as well.
The fact that I couldn't pick up the quest related information/objects before the quests really rustled me.
>>
>>389751267
Cancelled. The handling of the game ruined any chance for a more. We'll never get our true bad ending that ties up things where Paige activates Jensen's killswitch as Megan and "Janus" sit watching by Bob's side.
>>
>>389751861
>The fact that I couldn't pick up the quest related information/objects before the quests really rustled me.
I don't understand since the game lets us get the item that Václav Koller asks us to get before we meet up with him.
>>
>>389737656
>here's what /v/ had a problem with
>Over half the complaints are /pol/ bullshit

PS anti-globalism was a left-wing anti-corporate position before "globalism" became a dogwhistle for "Jews"
>>
>>389751267
>Square-Enix
It's dead
>>
File: 1473547508367.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473547508367.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>389738358

>this lunatic will never voice a david sarif having been red pilled by the end game of human revolution and now working from a corporate stronghold to aid jensen's fight against the globalists

What the actual fuck were the devs thinking when they refused to hire him again?! Who is the retarded pear-shaped numale trash or pink haired cunt in human resources who made this decision?! The guy is a living, breathing Deus Ex plot!
>>
>>389745283
both were made before 2012
>>
>>389752375
you can't get the compromising information about the not-CIA bossdude from his secret room before you are tasked with investigating him and you can't get the bank stuff before the bank missions.
>>
>>389746452

>And then there's the bizarre notion that people with simple prosthetics can be counted as "mechanically augmented" just because they have a cyberleg and take neuropozyne and we're to believe a "simple" connection and interface between the nerve endings in their legs and the prosthetic could and would somehow turn them into a killing machine at the end of HR, because lolcybermagics.

I actually really enjoyed this game, despite its massive flaws, but yeah. This is stupid. I think the in-game explanation for is that augments that actually interface with your CNS actually require a chip in your brain, and that chip is what they were fucking with.

But that doesn't really make any sense to anyone with a high school level or above understanding of biology.

The leg thing isnt even the worst of it though. IIRC some email in the game tells you about a guy who works for the Blackwater-esque merc group who has nothing more than an artificial pancreas and he STILL has to hide that fact to avoid being fired.

That's the sort of thing that really broke it for me.

Well, that and the idea that a company could secretly put mind-controlling technology into what is, at the end of the day, consumer grade medical implants and not be found out and subsequently hammered into the ground is totally retarded.

It relies on us believing that the Illuminati are not just powerful, but *so* all-powerful they can have every single expert, medical professional, scientist or engineer with knowledge of the relevant fields to ntoice something like that cowed into submission. And it has to be cowed into submission, because a lot of people do not go into their fields because it will make them rich and thus cant really be bought off.

And that's just not the case. Hell, MD shows them trying and failing to influence a senator who is basically integral to their plans and this world spanning masterminding conspiracy still can't do anything but try to have him unsucessfully murdered.
>>
>>389734898
As many people have already discussed ITT, they handled the aug problem in a very hamfisted way.

Also, making it the main focus of the game in a universe as full of interesting background shit as deus ex was another mistake.

And if you ask me, having Jensen as the MC again was another bad idea. They had no idea how to tie him in the story and it shows. A random aug caught in the events of the apartheid would have made a much better story.
>>
>>389753853
>Well, that and the idea that a company could secretly put mind-controlling technology into what is, at the end of the day, consumer grade medical implants and not be found out and subsequently hammered into the ground is totally retarded.
It's just the idea that the chip works both ways, innit. You control it with your brain, but that requires it to connect to your brain, and in turn allows people who can connect to the chip to mess with your brain. It's not special tech, it's a specific application of it.
>>
>>389755302
That's still pretty dumb
>>
>>389753853
>But that doesn't really make any sense to anyone with a high school level or above understanding of biology.
This is Deus Ex here. The first game set the bar for ridiculous explanations.
>>
What parts are the best in serie?
>>
>>389754080
Clearly they were banking on making Adam the face of the franchise because he was so well-received.
>>
>Human Revolution makes it obvious that the Illuminati isn't just those three dudes you killed on Panchea and that they also control the world's media and business
>That's why your choices don't affect anything
>Jensen literally says this the opening of Mankind Divided
>/v/ still complains that their dream ending didn't happen
I swear you guys are downright retarded. Even the original had JC abandoning all his notions of democracy and powerful bureaucracies that he defended throughout.
>>
>>389736451
>It's hand-waved in the laziest way
How? Companies in real life will pay for all sorts of training and extra shit. Gunther in Deus Ex has the same problem of being tossed aside when he becomes too much of a liability to keep around.

If you think its bad then you're literally not a Deus Ex fan.
>>
>>389757571
Of all the things that people complain about in MD, retconning the endings is pretty stupid. They even have the post-credits scene where Page tells Everett it meant jack shit.
>>
>>389736923
>you're the world's savior and insanely accomplished operator in HR
That's because Jensen is known about in Detroit, where he was a SWAT officer. Why would anyone half way across the world know him? All the cool shit he did was clandestine. If people knew he did it, then he wouldn't have done a good job.
>>
File: garbo.jpg (12KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
garbo.jpg
12KB, 256x197px
>>389736010
>religious people will go haywire, and there is a shitton of religious people

Yeah which is why the story of HR and MD is shit compared to the original games. They tried to make the whole thing about augs but are too scared to put religions in the game. In the real world religious groups would be the biggest forces in the debate. 90% of people saying augmentation is 'unnatural' would be religious.

In HR and MD you just have a bunch of people saying it's 'unnatural' with nothing backing it up and a big gap in the story where realistic things like religion should be
>>
>>389735048
It doesn't run badly on PC, it's just that the graphics are better than modern graphics cards can handle at max settings. You can easily get 60fps by just turning it down a little
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.