[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sales down 80% from the first game What went right? Were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: watch_dog2.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
watch_dog2.png
3MB, 1600x900px
>sales down 80% from the first game
What went right?

Were people put off by the bugs and low quality of the first game or the le nigga hipster we mr robot nao aesthetics were the wrong choice?

I am actually glad that this flopped because I liked the setting and premise of the first game and they should focus on fixing what was wrong with the game, not change it into this abomination of cringe
>>
post in this thread faggots!
>>
>nigger
Racism, on my /v/?
*teleports behind you*
Nothing personal, kid.
>>
Buy skyrim vr
>>
i mean most of the copies the first game shipped were based on the fake as shit lie trailer released at that one e3
so hey
>>
File: wd2_ray.jpg (165KB, 643x752px) Image search: [Google]
wd2_ray.jpg
165KB, 643x752px
>>389732587
no, the marketing budget was blown on The Division instead of WD2
so The Division set the new sales records and shits
>>
>>389732587
the literally marketed the game with pro BLM and anti Trump stuff.
plus it had a black protagonist
of course it did fail
>>
>>389732587
>Were people put off by the bugs and low quality of the first game
Most likely
>hipster aesthetics
probably was a factor
>>
>>389732587
>thinking gamers want sjw anti white propaganda trash
KEK
>>
>>389733157
Nigger
>>
>>389732587
Why does the mere existence of black characters make /v/ so angry?

I feel like if FFVII were released in 2017 /v/ would call in SJW shit for having a playable black dude.
>>
The first one was marketed as GTA with hacking. The second one was marketed as some kind of ironic SJW comedy thing. I don't know if that's even how the game actually is, if it's not then that means the marketing was even worse than I thought.
>>
>>389739050
/v/ hates seeing black in shit that isn't some gangsta shit like CJ(GTASA) or 50Cent (Blood on the Sand)
>>
>>389732587
SJW piece of crap anti-white propaganda. Voted with my wallet by not buying it.
>>
>>389739050
No way dude. Japan is given a free pass with this stuff because we know they don't care about SJW shit. In the west we are very suspicious of their intentions because of poor behavior from the studios in the past. When Japan adds a black character you just think "Oh they thought it looked better/fit the character better." When a western studio adds a black character you think "guess they needed more "diversity""
>>
>>389739120
Exactly. They want a minstrel show.
I get enough shit from other black people about not being hood enough. I don't need it from white nerds as well.
>>
>>389739173
You don't see how paranoid and fucked up that is? Black people are 15% of America. It's not a "statement" to include one in a game ffs
>>
>>389739187
Forgive me for bringing up e-celeb cancer but I don't know how you can think most of /v/ genuinely hates black people when Woolie is one of the most popular e-celebs here. If /v/ was actually just the kkk don't you think that wouldn't make any sense?
>>
>>389739313
It's called trust, or in this case a lack of it. When you push SJW shit constantly for years, people will be suspicious that you might be trying to do it again. EA/Ubisoft/etc. have lost all trust in this area. It's their own fault for pushing so much SJW shit for years.
>>
>>389739339
Racism is not an absolute, all-consuming ideology and racists are not cartoon villains who lynch on sight. It's very possible for whites to like individual blacks but still uphold a fundamentally racist worldview either knowingly or unknowingly. Dylan Roof had black friends too.
>>
>>389739426
But your argument is a snake eating its own tail, because any positive depiction of a black character is "SJW shit" in itself to you.
>>
>>389739578
There's nothing wrong with being racist. 99% of the planet is racist, even most SJWs are without realizing it. The problem is when you extend your racism to hate individuals who did nothing wrong and aren't bad people. What I am saying is that "having a racist world view" and "hating all black people" are two different things. /v/ like every other community on the planet has a racist world view because that is built into our dna as humans. That does not mean /v/ hates all black people which is clearly not the case.
>>
File: Princess_Highground.png (766KB, 600x2644px) Image search: [Google]
Princess_Highground.png
766KB, 600x2644px
>>389733157
>>
>>389739689
Strawman
>>
>>389739743
Except that there's no genetic basis for race. The line of demarcation for whiteness has been fluid between societies throughout history. So if your worldview is driven by nothing more than a spook, that is a pretty big problem.
>>
>>389732587
>Were people put off by the bugs and low quality of the first game or the le nigga hipster we mr robot nao aesthetics were the wrong choice?
Both, surely. The first one wasn't a very good game from any point of view in the first place, even before getting into the downgrade debacle. Combine that with the fundamentally repulsive "hacker style" they went with in the 2nd one and the result was a game I didn't even feel like pirating.
>>
>>389739962
Time for a history lesson. There are 3 races: (not counting Australian aboriginals)
-Caucasoid: People from Europe, the middle east, northern Africa, and India
-Mongoloid: Asians, Native Americans
-Negroid: Sub-Saharan Africans

Races are absolutely a thing, though white is indeed an arbitrary distinction. You can tell races apart primarily by skull size/shape although there are many other differences including behavior.
>>
File: 1479961687184.jpg (45KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1479961687184.jpg
45KB, 600x456px
>>389732587
it's just fucking cringy as fuck. hipster hackers was never a popular archetype.

and then of course there are the mentally challenged /pol/lards who like to scream about SJWs everywhere they can.

>>389739173
japan isn't america you retard. your country actually has a sizable black population, is that hard to comprehend?

technically, even when japan adds black characters, they're doing it for """""""diversity"""""""". when female protags became more popular, it was because of """""""diversity"""""""".
there is no other reason. people like to mix things up.
>>
>>389739962
>Except that there's no genetic basis for race
Keep being in denial. reality is reality, it does not take your feeweeings into account
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15625622
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15508000
>>
>>389739050
only westernets LOVE niggers. arabs kill them, niggers kill niggers, spics kill niggers, chinks hate niggers, slavs hate niggers.
>>
>>389740141
Also I should mention that Slavs have some mongoloid DNA from when the mongols invaded and raped their women.
>>
>>389740248
/v/ is a Western board.
>>
>>389739962
>Except that there's no genetic basis for race.
Yeah there is. It's inborn group preference that has been hardwired by thousands of years of evolution.
>whiteness
A dumb concept. There is no such thing as the white race. It's an umbrella term that only has any relevance in America
>>
File: IMG_1006.jpg (310KB, 1400x814px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1006.jpg
310KB, 1400x814px
>>389732587
>Ubisoft
>nigger
>Commiefornia setting
>virtue signaling
>DIVERSE VIBRANCY

This game was destined to fail, just like Assassins Creed:WE WUZ KANGZ and Far Cry:Evil White Christians
>>
>>389739819
this is amazing
>>
>>389740348
owned by a jap, created by a jew based on a jap imageboard for the sole reason to jerk off to anime. LMAO go back to your nigger infested shithole baka gaijin.
>>
The game adds nothing new or interesting.
It's yet another GTA clone which was hyped up as a GTA killer that failed to meet expectations. Expectations that were even lowered for the sequel which was still disappointing.
>>
>>389739689
You need to place more points into logic. Then come back and try again.
>>
>>389732587
I would probably have bought it if you played as that friend with the emotes helm instead.
The protagonist fucking sucks, and yeah he is also a nigger but I loved San Andreas.
>>
>>389740390
Those two games will sell really well
>>
>>389740141
You forgot Jinn. Every culture has their own reference to them. Demons, spirits, archons, etc.
>>
>>389740697
not that guy but you should listen to your own advice, brainlet.

there is no difference between "SJW shit" and a bad game with a black MC.
>>
File: 1503620757515.jpg (72KB, 660x716px) Image search: [Google]
1503620757515.jpg
72KB, 660x716px
>Setting is shit
>Characters are shit
>Story is shit
>Stealth gameplay is great
>>
>>389732587
It's 100% because of the black MC.
He is pear shapes and has a flimsy shit beard, not to mention black. Really unpleasing to look at.
>>
>>389741178
Shaped*
>>
>>389741178
Yeah, I bet the fact that absolutely everyone hated the first one had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>389741178
Black MCs can be done right, if they're put in a stereotypical situation, but are tongue and cheek about it (ex: GTA: SA and GTA V).
>>
>>389732587
The game wasn't very good, the trailers lied about the graphics and the gameplay, the characters were obnoxious, and the social commentary was about as subtle as a hammer to the face. People don't like being preached to their entertainment.

The skin color and political leanings of the protagonist might have pissed off a handful of 4chan faggots -- many of whom would have pirated or never played the game anyway -- but it was just icing on the cake.
>>
>>389741178
i really think what he and the others are wearing is a bigger issue. most older people, the people with money, aren't into that kind of image.
the black just makes it even more hipster.
>>
>>389732587
It's because he's a nog
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.