[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just god paid and need something new to play. PS4 only. Is Disgaea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1495584407397.jpg (588KB, 3154x2493px) Image search: [Google]
1495584407397.jpg
588KB, 3154x2493px
Just god paid and need something new to play. PS4 only.

Is Disgaea any good? Which one should a noob to the series play first?

Any and all ideas appreciated.

>inb4 bloodborne
>>
>>389732069
what is this pyramid even supposed to be for? is there anything that has this many classes?
>>
>>389732069
Is this a roll thing? If so I'm rollin
>>
>>389732117
D&D
>>
>>389732117
No idea I saved it months ago

>>389732165
Roll away brother
>>
>>389732117
D&D 3.5 with all splatbooks.
>>
>>389732258
Do you have the one with the arrows showing how it's meant to be read? I lost mine, but I remember all the fantastic autism fights on /tg/ about it.
>>
>>389732069
Any particular tastes? Since you're asking about Disgaea I assume you're not going to bitch about weeb games if they're reccomended.
>>
>>389732069
if you like turnbased srpgs and enjoy over the top 4th wall breaking humor with anime art style then you'll like disgaea

you might want to emulate the first game before buying and if at any point you say "man, this mechanic of the game SUCKS" then it was improved and streamlined in 5
>>
>>389732315
Surely they aren't all useful distinctions, right? I don't see how they possibly could be. For example, whats the point in having Ronin and Samurai be two different classes? And beastmaster/beast-rider?
>>
>>389732069
Gravity Rush 2 BAYBEEE
>>
>>389732069
Rolling for some sneaky class or a monk. No mageshit please.
>>
Knack 2 (not a meme)
>>
>>389732553
Up for pretty much anything, I'm bored. Less time for gaming now I'm employed again, so something I can dip in and out of (like an hour or so a night) would be ideal.

>>389732624
Hmm forgot this existed, thanks.
>>
>>389732069
rallin
>>
>>389732571
>Surely they aren't all useful distinctions
Not at all. Most are simply a couple of skill differences or a trait swapped at a certain level.
>whats the point in having Ronin and Samurai be two different classes?
Ronin are Dex Build, Samurai are more Strength Build and alignment locked.

A lot of splatbooks are "here's some great classes without alignment restrictions or with cheaper feats." Most are presented as "This is the sort of campaign they're meant to be used in, or the setting they're from". This translates out to players cherry-picking feats, classes and whatnot to make the ultimate mary-sue, and then blaming the GM when the game goes to shit. What most are meant to be is "here is an optional way to present classes, races, or areas, and should be limited to campaigns that they work in" but most GMs are too scared to say no because they lose a player, or too inexperience to say "fuck off with your OP bullshit."
As a long time GM I found someone who figured a way around the biggest "weakness:" of 3.5 druids by using an item that let him keep his stat boosting gear. So he would transform, keep all his gear (saving several thousand dollars on buying armour that could do that as per core" and go super sayan in bear form. All the benefits, none of the issues. This was after I let the bastard take a cloak and amulet in animal form as long as he took them off before a change and had someone put them back on. Some autistic bastards just need their power fantasies.
>>
>>389732069
Future Tone might be worth if you're alright with Vocaloid stuff. Easy to jump in and out of and there's no story stuff. Compared to the other Project Diva games and a fair deal of other rhythm games it's got quite a lot of content too.
>>
What games have a huge list of classes/jobs that you can be?
>>
>>389733310
You sound like the most boring DM on Earth

>Captcha: Toilets sukun
>>
>>389732069
Never post pictures more interresting than your threads
roll
>>
>>389732069

Yes and no. I mean, do you like srpgs?
Do you like grinding?
Do you like exploiting systems?
Do you like tonnes of customisation that takes hours upon hours to execute?
Can you COPE with lowest barrel weebshit with a horrendous script?

If so, it's a good game. I personally prefer ffta as a series, I find disgea to be just too much of everything
>>
File: shirona.jpg (45KB, 417x474px) Image search: [Google]
shirona.jpg
45KB, 417x474px
SRPG for kids.

The exaggerated high damage numbers are just like MapleStory.

also rolling
>>
>see OP image
>roll
???????
>>
File: 1496954892965.jpg (154KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1496954892965.jpg
154KB, 633x758px
>>389735389
>>
>>389735294
If you consider "no you can't run pun-pun you cheesy fuck" to be boring, then yes. D&D is a co-operative game. If you the player, and your mates want to run broken ass bullshit then I as the GM can either say No and find a new group for run with it. If you the player say "i want to break the game in half and make it about ME" while everyone else turns up with generic Tolkien inspired bland characters to run though a random module I've piked up, you are in the wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwDWx1cAqP4
Here is a writer of a "broken" splatbook telling the people who found it broken their GMs are just shit and don't understand how to use a splatbook. Triggered /tg/ something chronic, not just because this was meant to be a backer reward for a kickstarter.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.