[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, it's been 6 months since the Nintendo Switch release.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 24

File: IMG_9352.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9352.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
So, it's been 6 months since the Nintendo Switch release.

Let's be honest and share our thoughts about this current-gen Nintendo console.

1. Did you buy Nintendo Switch? What was the main reason to buy it? If you didn't -- why?
2. What games do you currently have (both physical and digital)?
3. Do you prefer physical or digital copies of games?
4. What games are you waiting for?
5. Name your top-3 Nintendo Switch games sorted by in-game time.
6. Do you like Nintendo Switch / would you recommend to buy it?

I'll start:
1. Yes. Mainly because I'm a big Nintendo fan who likes their creative way of doing things.
2. Physical (pic related):
- LEGO Worlds
- Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
- Minecraft: Story Mode
- Splatoon 2
- Monster Hunter XX
- The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
- Cave Story+
- Super Bomberman R
- 1-2-Switch
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- ARMS
- Seiken Densetsu Collection
- LEGO City Undercover
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
Digital:
- Sonic Mania
- Shephy
- Plantera DX
- Kamiko
3. As you might guess, physical.
4. Pokken Tournament DX, Super Mario Odyssey, Ultimate Chicken Horse.
- Splatoon 2 -- 210+ hours
- Zelda -- 150+ hours
- Mario+Rabbids -- ??? hours
6. Definitely YES.
>>
Go back to gamefaqs
>>
Oh, I forgot about Skyrim. Never played it before so I'm very excited to give it a try.
>>
>>389724896
no you
>>
>writes world class bait
>formats it poorly
>posts at the deadest time
sorry you wasted the effort son
>>
1. Yes, in June. There was a bundle with arms and 4 joycons and I figured it was time. I mainly bought it in anticipation for Spla2n, SMO, etc.
2. BotW, ARMS, MK8, Spla2n, Shovel Knight, MRKB, GoNNER
3. Physical.
4. SMO, Another LoZ, Animal Crossing, Super Monkey Ball, Persona 5, LA Noire, Virtual Console.
5. BotW, Spla2n, MK8
6. Yes. Probably my favorite console since the GameCube. But I'm a PC gamer mainly.
>>
>some spines have the game titles centered others don't
>some use generic text others use the game logo
>some have the publisher's logo others don't
>some have ratings others don't

The autism destroyer.
>>
Everything after the Game Cube was shit.
>>
I was going to wait, but I caved for Splatoon 2. That game is fun as fuck.

Already played BOTW on WiiU, but I am going to pick up the Switch version again eventually. Bought MK8D. Looking forward to Pokémon finally moving to a console.
>>
>>389724776
1. No, I don't have $399 to burn. Maybe if it turns out to have sustained support like the 3DS I'll buy one, but if it tanks like the Wii U it would be a waste of money.
>>
>>389724776
yeah, i got it for the eventual smash bros and botw
botw, cave story, and splatoon 2 physical, sonic mania and puyo tetris digital
physical, but digital seems to be better on switch
smt5 or whatever that was
puyo tetris, botw, spoon2
i guess; only if you don't have a wii u
>>
File: dancedy.gif (2MB, 639x361px) Image search: [Google]
dancedy.gif
2MB, 639x361px
>>389724776
1. Yes, because of BotW, SMO, and XC2

2. Physical:
-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-Cave Story+
Digital:
-FAST RMX

3. Physical

4. MHXX (localization never ), Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Travis Strikes Again, Metroid Prime 4, eventual main series Pokemon game

5. Don't know the exact playtimes off-hand but
-Zelda BotW ~150 hours
-BoI AB+ ~100 hours
-MK8D ~50 hours

6. Yeah. I also have a great gaming PC, so if it would be your only gaming machine, it might be a good idea to wait for some more stuff to release before jumping in.
>>
>>389724776
1 yeah, i dunno i just had money
2 zelda and mario kart
3 no
4 pokemans that aren't announced yet
5 n/a
6 i am really in love with the separated joycon setup, i can pedal my exercise bike, i can lounge on my side in the bed, i can scratch my back, everything just feels right like this
>>
File: SWITCH extended list.jpg (2MB, 3368x2040px) Image search: [Google]
SWITCH extended list.jpg
2MB, 3368x2040px
>>389724776
1. Did you buy Nintendo Switch? What was the main reason to buy it? If you didn't -- why?
>Yes, I like it and it has a lot of games announced for it that I want so much, like No more heroes, metroid prime 4, mario odyssey and so on.
>Zelda (limited edition) and 1,2 Switch
>Physical
>Pic related is my wishlist, I've made it before buying the switch so there are zelda and 1,2 switch on there too
>I've played the 2 games I have for about a couple hours each, I'm a novelist and I'm working on my new book, so right now I don't have much time for videogames.
>Of course I would, its future looks promising in terms of games
>>
>>389725254
oh shit I forgot about that SMT game Atlus announced in January, add that to my waiting for list >>389725263
>>
>>389724776
>1. Did you buy Nintendo Switch? What was the main reason to buy it? If
Yes, Zelda and Mario Kart, and the promise of a bunch of other games that should be good.
>2. What games do you currently have (both physical and digital)?
Too many digital, but I have Zelda, MK8D, Disgaea 5C and Splatoon 2
>3. Do you prefer physical or digital copies of games?
Getting in to digital as long as the file sizes are small
>4. What games are you waiting for?
Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Metroid, liking the prospect of WWE 2K18 on a handheld
>5. Name your top-3 Nintendo Switch games sorted by in-game time.
Zelda BotW 160
Disgaea 5C 120
Splatoon 2 90
>6. Do you like Nintendo Switch / would you recommend to buy it?
I'd recommend it if you enjoy the games on it
>>
File: SwauqZ3.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SwauqZ3.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
Why do you have such a cluster fuck of region games, it's triggering

Here's my physical collection. I also have Minecraft, Sonic Mania and Fast RMX as digital.

Physical all the way
>>
>>389724776
1) No. Nintendo has absolutely abysmal support in my country, no advertisement, the prices of everything are jacked up sky-high and none of the games it has interest me, maybe expect Breath of the Wild. Considering soon Cemu will be there to emulate only that one game smoothly, I don't see a reason to buy a Switch any time soon too.
>>
I got a switch as an impulse buy, and I like it but I wish I waited a bit longer until there was a better library. A lot of the appealing games are gonna take a while to come out.

I also wish there was a souls game on it, I want to play Darksouls while lying in my bed.

I also wish they would finally put the fucking virtual console on it like what are they waiting for?

And they should also port more of the better WiiU games to pad the library
>>
File: Switchcurrentlibrary.jpg (445KB, 1484x1082px) Image search: [Google]
Switchcurrentlibrary.jpg
445KB, 1484x1082px
>1. Did you buy Nintendo Switch? What was the main reason to buy it? If you didn't -- why?
The games announced for it.

Bomberman, Xenoblade 2, Zelda, Mario Odyssey and a new IP in Arms.

Too many to list, pic related plus a decent amount more.

Physical if the box art is cool, digital for convenience, bought a 256gb SD on the cheap.

Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey,the new Inti Creates game, the Touhou game and a few others.

1. Zelda
2. Ultra Street Fighter II
3. Arms

Considering getting the fighting stick usb adapter to use my PS3 stick for my Switch fighting games.

I really like it alot and I think it has alot of value if you like both 1st party games, indie games and neo geo games.

It seems that 3rd parties are joining the fray too and the console definitely has a future ahead of itself so I'd recommend it as a solid purchase, especially next month when Mario is out.
>>
>>389725336
that's some fucked up greentexting Anon
>>
>>389725423
>Why do you have such a cluster fuck of region games, it's triggering
Because I live in China right now and they have all the assortment of regions when it comes to videogames.
>>
I impulse bought a switch two days agoand got Mario Rabbids, played like 2 minutes and got bored then bought Mario Kart 8 yesterday and haven't stopped playing it. That's some prime fun.
>>
>>389724776
>Some game titles align in the center
>Others align left
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>389724776

No, No games
None
Prefer digital as I live where physical is overpriced and out of reach
Some
There's 2 I want to play in the whole library
>>
>>389725720
How did you come up with the thought that Mario+Rabbids is boring? It's one of the best games for Nintendo Switch atm.
>>
>>389725140
>>389725768
Yeah, I know...
>>389725718
>>
>>389725525
I wanted to maymay arrow my replies anon, instead of the questions :^)
>>
>>389725778
>Prefer digital as I live where physical is overpriced and out of reach
What is this place? Do you live in some shitty 3rd world country?
>>
>>389725792
May be using the term too harshly, more I wasn't in the mood. I'm sure I'll come around, it was kinda the reason I bought the system. Just felt like something more gamey at the time.
>>
>>389725212
>That game is fun as fuck
and youre so damn right. we play it together with my wife every day and it feels like it's even better than the original Splatoon that was my favourite game on Wii U.
>>
>>389725213
b-but Wii U was not that bad, you know...
>>
>>389726004
The funny thing is, I bought my WiiU for the first game too.

I loved the first game and played it straight for months. Then I sold my WiiU so I could play Splatoon 2 on the switch.

I haven't been so hooked on a shooter since my schooldays playing Halo.
>>
WHEN THE FUCK ARE WE GETTING BAYONETTA.
>>
>>389725302
>3 no
are you retarded?
>>
>>389724776
Still waiting for miku game before buy one.
>>
>>389725890
Nigeria
>>
>>389726194
you seem to be
>>
>>389725336
>Pic related is my wishlist
Why didn't you buy Sonic Mania then?
>>
>>389726268
read the rest of that sentence you blind dipshit
>>
>>389725432
>Nintendo has absolutely abysmal support in my country
Where do you live though?
>>
>>389726365
my money is on south america
>>
>>389725064
>posts at the deadest time
Here on /v/ threads get posted hundreds of times before we move on to something new. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Enjoy your stay, buddy.
>>
>>389725451
They are going to release their new shiny Nintendo Switch Online service with classic games available for subscribers.
>>
>>389726268
I've wrote that I'm working on a new novel, so I don't have much time for games right now.
I'll buy mania as soon as the book is ready, and with that I'll get every other game on that wishlist that is already out.
I think it will be completed for this winter.
>>
>>389726195
wut
>>
>>389726460
If that's included in the price for online that's not so bad since it's like $20 a year but if it's like Playstation Now then Nintendo could do nothing to make it worth it
>>
>>389726197
how did you come up in nigeria, lol?
>>
>>389726626
Also
>some games require an SD card
There's no way to defend this
>>
>>389726645
What does that mean?
>>
Literally no one with a Switch enjoys it. The console only has two games, one of which is also on Wii U and one of which has a near identical predecessor on Wii U. Literally the worst console release ever outside of the Ouya.
>>
File: 1489780518229.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489780518229.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>389724776
>What was the main reason to buy it?
Nintendo + Japanese games. Got PC for Western games.
>What games do you currently have
Zelda, Kingdom Battle, Splat2, MK8D
>What games are you waiting for?
Retro, SMT, SMO, XC2, Kirby, AC, Smash, DK, LG, Metroid, Pokemon. Weeb games in general
>>
File: :3.jpg (36KB, 305x551px) Image search: [Google]
:3.jpg
36KB, 305x551px
>>389727307
>>
>>389727307
>i want a switch so much but mommy doesn't want to buy me one because I already got a ps4 last christmas
>>
>>389724776
1. Yes, main reason would be because i love the gimmick for what it is and i skipped the wiiu
2. physical -
-Zelda
-Mario Kart
-Splatoon 2
digital
-Sonic Mania
-Overcooked
-Shepy
-Gonner
-Fast RMX
3. Physical
4. No more Heroes, xenoblade (if it comes out this year), Mario:o, brawl out
5. Splatoon 2, Zelda, Mario Kart
6. Yes very much so, everything about it just makes sense.
>>
File: switchrarity.jpg (138KB, 1024x590px) Image search: [Google]
switchrarity.jpg
138KB, 1024x590px
>1. Did you buy Nintendo Switch? What was the main reason to buy it? If you didn't -- why?
Yes. Hyped from the beginning and bought it out of impulse and bought one as soon as I saw one out in the wild. That and Christmas is coming real soon, so I wasn't in the mood to get stabbed in the dick by a desperate parent at a Walmart parking lot while trying to get a Switch on Black Friday.
Disagree 5, Mario Kart 8, thinking of getting Puyo Puyo Tetris digitally, because it's $30 on the eShop and $40 physically.
Physically so I can bring them at a GameStop and sell it like the cheap fuck that I am.
Xenoblade 2, 5mash, Fire Emblem Warriors, Senran Kagura
Played some BoTW with a friend's copy, that was fun
Yeah sure
>>
>>389724776
>Did you buy Nintendo Switch? What was the main reason to buy it? If you didn't -- why?
Yes, mostly impulse buy, as was my PS4, Vita, 3DS, I have a lot of money
Zelda
Seiken Densetsu
both physical
I move a lot, and physical doesn't really offer good instruction manuals anymore, so probably digital
Pokken
Xenoblade2
The pokemon game
Only had it for a month, but I like it, portability is really nice. I don't care much about graphics/power because I could just play games on PS4/PC if I wanted that.
I don't recommend any console unless you either have a lot of money to the point where buyer's remorse isn't a thing, or if there are at least 3 games you are looking forward too at the moment (not in a few months/years, now)
>>
>>389724776
1.Yes. I love handheld, and I have to go to work by train. Also, Zelda Botw of course.
2. just Zelda Botw and Kingdom Battle, both physical.
3. Physical, always.
4. Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
5.I only play two, 1st is Zelda Botw of course, I spent almost 200 hours in it, then Kingdom Battle.
6. Yes, I like it, and I would recommend it.
>>
I pretty much only wanted Zelda and can't justify buying a console for one game.
>>
>>389728509
Wait a year and it'll probably be worth it.
>>
>>389724776
This gen has been such a disappointment. Each console has maybe 1-2 games I'm really into and I am not buying a console for 1-2 games. I have a nice 4k TV just sitting in my living room begging to be used for gaming and I have no console.
>>
File: 1493801816261.gif (194KB, 267x186px) Image search: [Google]
1493801816261.gif
194KB, 267x186px
>>389724776
1. Yes, mid-July for Splatoon 2 because I wanted to play something multiplayer focused and 3DS wasn't cutting it anymore
2. Only Splatoon 2
3. Physical by far. Nintendo's games have a good resale value so there is no reason to ever buy digital.
4. Pokken DX and Mario Odyssey. Pokemon Switch in the distant future.
5. Splatoon 2 - 35+ hours. Sadly didnt play in over 2 weeks since i had to send my joy con for a repair and it's taking long.
6. By the time Pokemon Switch comes out it will probably be worth it.
>>
>>389728693
Breath of the wild.
Blood borne.
Eh...halo and gears I guess.

If a console had these games on it I'd buy it in a heart beat, but 3?
>>
>>389728693
All the good games have been done. Most games to come out since are either trying to capture what was good in old games and not really succeeding or making an interactive movie that isn't a real game
>>
>>389728845
Pc is getting good games made but unfortunately they don't have the right budgets a lot of the time. Blizz, steam, mobas, jap Pc releases, niche shit, indie, pubg is a popular shooter.

I'm not here to Pc master race. I'm here to complain I can't game in front of my sexy new TV on a console.
>>
>>389729062
Probably because making a good game that can really utilize that high resolution is very difficult without just remaking an already good old game.

Uncharted looks great but it's literally just an interactive movie.
>>
>>389724776
its stupidly overpriced might as well by a gamecube its got basically the same games
>>
>>389729237
I got a 4k Sony bravia tv online for pretty cheap. It's a sexy fucking TV but there is no 4k media out there. At least I am future proofed.
>>
File: 1500441026839.jpg (101KB, 837x719px) Image search: [Google]
1500441026839.jpg
101KB, 837x719px
>>389724776
>>1. Did you buy Nintendo Switch? What was the main reason to buy it? If you didn't -- why?
Yes. I bought it because Nintendo hardware always has good games worth playing, plus BOTW and Xenoblade 2 were big system sellers for me
Physical I have BOTW, MK8D, Splatoon 2, and Arms. Digital I have Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight, Fast RMX, Disgaea 5, mighty gunvolt burst, and some rhythm game I'm forgetting
Physical
Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Pokemon Switch, Metroid Prime 4, Kirby Switch, NMH, Travis Strikes Again, Project Octopath, and SMT 5 are the big ones.
Most played?
1. BOTW, 2. Shovel Knight, 3. Sonic Mania probably
For what I'd recommend?
1. BOTW 2. Sonic Mania 3. Splatoon 2
Yea, I'd recommend it. The handheld to home console thing is neat and helps to relax. I mostly use it handheld even at home just because I spend most my time at my desk shitposting, so it's really convenient.
>>
The Joycons are such a good idea, I just wish they weren't so fucking small and smooshed together.
I'd play the fuck out of games if I could split a Dualshock 4 or Xbox Elite controller in half.
>>
>>389729556
I don't understand why anyone would buy physical games.
>>
>>389729647
Takes up less hard drive space, albeit more physical space
Owning a physical copy feelsgoodman
You aren't subject to your distribution service suddenly deciding you can no longer own your game
You actually own it instead of agreeing to a license to be allowed to play it
>>
>>389729647
Also what often happens is
>used copy is heavily discounted, look on digital store
>still full price, if not twice as expensive as used copy.
>>
>>389729804
>>389729849
Hard drives are cheap and no different to a disc. Just less clutter.
>Game is online
Doesn't matter if you own a physical copy. When it's gone, it's gone.
>>
>>389730046
That's only for a game that uses online only though.
Also you have the option to sell a game you no longer want anymore.
You can also lend your games to friends.
If for whatever reason you buy a new switch you have to go through nintendo's arduous process to make sure you keep all your games.
>>
>>389724776
1. Bought it, hoping they would actually turn it into the all in one with old games released on it
2. Botw and MK8 both physical
3. Prefer Physical for big titles and dont mind either way for anything else
4. anything from snes era, Mario, SSB
5. Botw - easy 230+
MK8 - not sure but unlocked everything so havnt played for awhile now
6. I like it, would not recommend at this time only since major titles are lacking atm maybe once mario is out and something else that has a large single player content
>>
>>389730387
You can sell your steam account, legally.
>>
1. Yes I bought it on launch day. Zelda was kind of the main reason, even though I own a Wii U.

2. Zelda, MK8 and Sanic Mania.

3. Physical when I can, but I've got nothing against digital.

4. Mario Odyssey and Metroid Prime 4.

5. Zelda>MK8>Sanic Mania

6. Yes and no. Yes if you didn't own a Wii U. No if you do, wait for more games. But to clearify, I'm personally very happy with it.
>>
>>389730495
We're not talking about PC though, this is Switch.
Disk-based gaming is dead on PC anyway.
>>
>>389730521
That's fair enough. If Nintendo makes transferring games awkward you definitely want a physical copy.
>>
>>389730610
I have nothing against buying digital anyway, it's just purely a preference.
The day I got my switch the Target I went to was out of copies of BotW so I decided I would go to another Target to see if they had any and if not I would just buy a digital copy.
>>
>>389724776
There was a good trade-in deal with the Wii U which I wasn't going to play anymore. Figured it was better to get rid of it and get a Switch.
BOTW and Mario Kart 8.
Physical.
Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors if it gets Japanese audio.
BOTW and MK8. There's not other worthwhile Switch games.
Unless they really liked the games, no. It really only has one good game (BOTW).
>>
>>389724776
1: Got one for portability and I didnt like the 3ds 2 screen gimmick or that the resolution was meh. Having the option to go big screen is solid.
2: Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario + Rabbids.
3: For switch I like physical because there is fuck all room and even with a SD there is still fuck all room. Also I like cartridges and slotting them in is nice.
4: Fire Emblem tactic game, Fire Emblem Dynasty Warriors, new mario, new kirby, RE Revelations 1 & 2 combo pack, pretty much anything that looks good.
5: Haven't played a lot of them but I really enjoy the Zelda free roam, I like Mario Kart since ive not played one since the N64 days and the Mario Rabbids game was more fun than X-Com 2.
6: I like the switch but I would like to see a console only version or at least a console that doesn't overheat so much. Maybe they need another 3 years of tech to make it more safe but playing it for long times you notice its hot as hell in your hands.
>>
>>389724776
Yes I bought it whilst I was in Japan as it was cheaper.
Physical:
The Binding of Issac
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Monster Hunter XX
Splatoon 2
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8
Digital:
Sonic Mania
I am Setsuna
Disgaea 5
Physical
FIFA 18
WWE 2K18
Skyrim
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Rayman Legends
LA Noire
Pokken
Lego Worlds
RIME
Nights of Azure 2
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Disgaea 5
Splatoon 2
Yeah it's pretty good for people who are out an about a lot. I have a full time job so it is really nice for playing whilst on breaks and stuff.
>>
>1. Why buy?
Mario Odyssey trailer sold me.
>2. Games?
Splatoon 2 and BotW, probably gonna buy the Metal Slug games off the store as well to play with a friend.
>3. Digital/Physical?
Physical
>4. Anticipation?
Pretty much just Mario Odyssey. I'd like an Ar Tonelcio trilogy port though.
>5. Top-3
BotW > Splatoon 2 > Nil
Probably not at its current price. I bought it because I had money to burn.
>>
1. Yes, for MK8D and that Pokemon game in the future
2. MK8D, Zelda BoTW, Bomberman R, Fast RMX, Blaster Zero
3. Physical
4. Mario Oddyssey and that Pokemon game
5. MK8D, Zelda BoTW, Bomberman R
6. I have mixed feelings, I barely touch it over my PS4 other than play some races at MK8D, I don't see a point on getting third party games on it having a PS4 so im kinda waiting for Mario.
>>
>>389724776
Yes, for Zelda and for portable Disgaea.
physical: Zelda, Disgaea, MK8, Splatoon 2, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Rabbids, Bomberman, Lego City, I am Setsuna
digital: I don't buy digital, I'll wait for the console security to be broken so I can pirate all of the digital-only titles, just like I did on my Vita and 3DS
I don't buy digital, once piracy becomes available I pirate all digital-only titles
Odyssey, Sonic Mania physical, Pokken
Disgaea 5, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 DX
Yes / Yes
>>
>>389724776
Why does every Nintenbabby collection look like this? It's full of shovelware. Don't you even have a low budget PC?

>Minecraft: Story Mode
>1-2-Switch
>LEGO City Undercover

why?
>>
>>389724776

I bought the Switch so I could play newer Nintendo games, and also so Breath of the Wild. Also I was sold on the hybrid console concept. It works very nicely.

Breath of the Wild
1 2 Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Super Bomberman R
Arms
Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Splatoon 2
Sonic Mania
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
Fast RMX
Snake Pass

I don't mind really. I have both the internal memory and a 64gb SD card. I do like having physical games, but if I need to download them for some reason then I don't mind. I downloaded Splatoon 2 because I wasn't going to be home that week it launched.

Super Mario Odyssey
Metroid Prime 4
Rocket League
Sonic Forces

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Breath of the Wild

I really like the Nintendo Switch. When more games have released I'll start recommending it to friends.
>>
>>389724776
I bought it because I wanted splatoon 2 and Pokémon
MK8D
Splatoon 2
Physical
Pokémon Gen 8, whatever the next smash is(if we even get another one), mario odessy
I don't have it on me rn
I would recommend it in 2018 defenitly but not this year atleasr not before october
>>
File: 1482920012081.jpg (25KB, 448x412px) Image search: [Google]
1482920012081.jpg
25KB, 448x412px
I want to buy one but I'm not sure if they're going to come out with a different color variant for black friday / christmas sales. So I'm not sure if I should just pick one up now or wait a couple months.
>>
Yes, brought it day 1, I could see the advantage of both a portable/home console combo and the convergence of both Nintendo's development arms, Console will be the best of the gen with ease.

I wouldn't recommend anyone just go out and buy the Switch, next year will probably be a good time to start doing so, it really depends on what actually comes out next year I guess.

>1-2 switch
>minecraft story mode

Why?

>>389724914
>never played skyrim before

Holy shit get a PC.

>>389731658
>different colour variant

I don't think such a thing will ever exist, fans are making replaceable plates for the joycons and Switch though, I would buy the fuck out of a Spice Orange one.
>>
>>389725878
so you don't know how to green text. dumb nintodddler
>>
>>389724776
>Titles are not aligned
>>
1, ONE, game.

ONE! total failure of a console!
>>
File: IMG_20170904_182729.jpg (1MB, 1920x1309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170904_182729.jpg
1MB, 1920x1309px
>>389731754
If you only want to replace the back plate, you will need to buy a special y shaped screwdriver but other than that you only need to remove a few screws and you'll be good to go. It's easy to replace and put back the original back too, though you'll need to make sure you press hard enough on the screws so that they don't get fucked up.
>>
>>389732063
How do you know this, you better not be that guy doing those covers.
>>
>>389732190
What do you mean?
>>
>>389732312
Nothing much, I just want a spice Orange replacement plate.
>>
>>389732378
They have red, blue and green, I'm sure people will make orange ones at some point.
>>
File: saveas_yummy.jpg (363KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
saveas_yummy.jpg
363KB, 1200x900px
>>389732446
Not just orange, that particularly delicious shade of Orange that you could get a GC in.
>>
>>389732524
Gotta ask the chinks and see if they deliver, the green they made is aqua.
>>
>>389724776
1. I bought it because it temporarily came back into stock. Didn't even get a good deal on it.
2. I'm 100% digital. MK8D, I Am Setsuna, The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth +
3. Digital for convenience.
4. Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xeno, Pokemon
5. Setsuna-MK8-Isaac
6. It's become my favourite platform ever. Just needs more games.
>>
>>389732592
I will just have to wait I guess.
>>
Literally ONE fucking game.
>>
>>389731887
>>389732952
You seem upset
>>
>>389733101
LITERALLY ONE GAME
>>
>>389733341
I assume you can't believe how good the switch is so your awe induced aneurysm is forcing you to repeat yourself.
>>
>>389725147
t. a literal retard
>>
>>389724776
I didn't because I'm waiting for the holidays for more money
Digital, unless the physical comes with some form of swag. Also means the games eventually become super cheap on digital platforms through sales etc.
Pokemon
Looks neat, and sure, if they like nintendo or what something different.
>>
File: 1503407102392.png (219KB, 340x368px) Image search: [Google]
1503407102392.png
219KB, 340x368px
>>389724776
>all those multiplats, non-games, and kiddy trash
>>
>>389733453
One
Whole
Game
>>
>>389733689
It's depressing
The Switch looks really good on the horizon, but it's been 6 months and the closest good thing is SMO, everything else is so far away.
>>
Ask yourself this. Would anyone praise it if it wasn't Nintendo? In between the shitty controllers, no games, ridiculous markups and paid online why is anyone defending it?
>>
File: Warioloafing.png (47KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
Warioloafing.png
47KB, 250x225px
>>389724776
BoTW

Just Physical, BoTW, Street Fighter, Tetris, Mario Kart

Physical. Until consoles adopt an account system like Steam where I know support for a system won't end (they'll stop supporting PS3 soon enough then bye bye digital PS3 games and DLC) I'll keep buying physical

Mario.

Tetris, Mario Kart, Street Fighter

Not right now. It just has nothing worth owning yet.
>>
>>389734183
Ask yourself this. Would anyone hate it if it wasn't Nintendo? In between the innovative controllers, ridiculous launch year games, zero mandatory day 1 installs, and portability, why is anyone against it?
>>
>>389725147
I bet you really want to believe that.
>>
File: 1495085116155.gif (2MB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
1495085116155.gif
2MB, 250x191px
>>389727307
Pic related
>>
>>389724776
1.No, I didn't. I think price tag for this console is too high. They should lower it, they also implemented paid online feature that I was always against. I see at as anticonsumer practice that serve a purpose to see how far can they push it until people start backlash at them. Surprisingly majority of people not against it so they continue with this narrative.

2.See 1

3.I prefer digital copies. I don't view game boxes as aesthetically pleasant to look at.

4,5,6 - Skip
>>
File: 1499597456000.jpg (43KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
1499597456000.jpg
43KB, 500x331px
>>389724776
1. Yes I did. I adore the fact of it's portability and how little space it takes in decked mode.

2. Only physical:
- BotW
- Mario Kart 8
- ARMS
- Spaltoon 2

3. I'd rather have physical if there's an option.

4. Xenoblade 2, new Mario, Travis Strikes Back but mainly the new SMT title.

- BotW - 100+ hours
- Mario Kart - 20+ hours
- Spaltoon 2 - 30+ hours

6. Depends on your taste in games, but I would say that if not only for BotW, it's worth it.
>>
>>389724776
1. No I didn't buy it because I'm not rich and I don't want to get fucked by Nintendo, the first year of Wii U people were also saying the console was great (look at old youtube videos talking about it, because of Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros) But look how the Wii U turned out to be.
Imma wait and see if it flops again, apparently not but i'm carefull.
>>
>>389730924
>Rayman Legends
it is already out though
>>
>>389731118
>I don't see a point on getting third party games on it having a PS4
Portability?
>>
>>389731221
1-2-Switch was one of the first games I bought with my Switch. I did it mainly because I wanted to test those new Joy-Cons and to play with guests who dont really like games.

I prefer console games anyway 'cause I really like couch gaming.
>>
>>389724776
1. No. I have a Wii U, so to play BotW, Splatoon and MK8 I didn't need a Switch. I may get it for SMO. I'm not sure, though. Paid online is garbage. It being region free is great.
3. Physical
4. SMO
6. If you have no WiiU, sure.
>>
>>389724776
What's that Korean SEGA game?
>>
>>389737510
It's just really round Japanese
it's puyo puyo tetris
>>
>>389724776
1. I got it at launch because my thought was why wait till there is a big lineup and have to buy all these games at one time when I can buy games overtime to make less of a dent in my wallet. Also Zelda on the go sounded sweet.

2.Zelda BOTW, Fast RMX, Snake Pass, Snipperclips, Bomberman, Binding of Isaac Afterbirth, Mario Kart 8 DX, GoNNER, De Mambo, NBA Playgrounds, Overcooked, Jackbox 1 & 3, Arms, Minecraft, Infinite Minigolf, Splatoon 2, Sonic Mania, and Mario Rabbids.

3.I usually go Physical if I can, unless digital is half the price or something. Amazon and Best Buy discounts help me with getting physicals cheaper anyway.

4.All the exclusives, several indies like Golf Story, Brawlout and Hollow Knight, and some third party stuff like Skyrim, Rocket League.

5.Zelda BOTW, Mario Kart, and a tie between Binding of Isaac and Splatoon 2.

6. I'd say if you like Nintendo games, get a switch. Maybe get one after Mario Odyssey is out then you'll have around 7 or so exclusives to play at least.
>>
>>389724776
1. Yes, I bought it for the duel portability and docking, I travel around alot atm so having the switch on long coach and train journeys was the biggest appeal that and wanting to play Botw on release.
2) Physical: Botw, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2
Digital: Arms, Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania, Kamiko, Metal Slug, I am setsuna, Implosion
3) Physical but more tipping for digital due to it being easier to lug around, I just need a good sd card.
4) Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, I guess fire emblem warriors though im pissed about it, Mario Odysee.
5) Botw is on 300 hours, dont know on the other games,
6) Yes and honestly depends on who to recommend it to. Currently I'd say at least wait post mario odysee or wait for Pokemon and by then it should have plenty of games worth playing if someone was on the fence.

My question is what game should i get currently now? Is kingdom battle as good as what people say? The rabbids is what put me off.
>>
File: 1498219939210.jpg (149KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1498219939210.jpg
149KB, 1252x1252px
>>389724776

>1. Did you buy Nintendo Switch and why?
Yes I did, preordered and got it launch weekend. I've always been a big Nintendo fan and just stick with their products, no matter how they compare to the competition. I know that I'm getting quality. Also, Zelda brought me to tears. I had to have it.

>2. What games do you currently have?
Physical: Zelda, Splatoon, ARMS
Digital: Sonic Mania
I also have most of the demos downloaded. I would be buying more games, but I have a big back catalogue that stretches back even beyond the Wii U, 3DS, DS, and Wii, so....

>3. Do you prefer physical or digital?
Depends. Big titles I always buy physical. But I'm kicking myself for not doing Splatoon and ARMS digital, since I hate swapping cards constantly. Then again, I bought a few Wii U games digital and am scared they will never be available again if my Wii U breaks or something else happens (DKC:TF, Pikmin 3, and a few others)

Mario is the big one. But I'm now sold on Mario + Rabbids and may check it out. Kirby also if it's good. And Smash, whenever that comes along. Also, a lot of the indies looked great. I may repurchase Shovel Knight just to have it on my Switch, and Golf Story looked weirdly fun. A few others, like the JRPGs, looked good.

>5. Name my top 3.
Zelda, Splatoon, Sonic Mania

>6. Do you like it?
Definitely. I have my qualms with it, but I'd recommend it. It's finally getting a good enough library that middle of the road gamers and fans could get into. It's definitely not a system that's easy for kids to use, though, and I'm careful letting my children use it. Also, there are some weird things about it I still don't get. I guess I'll share them in another post.
>>
>>389724776
I did get one. I was really late with getting a Wii U since I lost interest in the Wii. But I grew to love the Wii U and its backwards compatibility with the Wii made me look up quite a few treasures of the Wii that had gone me completely by. Finally redeeming the Wii in my eyes.
So when news of the Switch were finally revealed and made clear I was immediately much more interested than I had been with their previous launch.
And there were primarily two things deciding my purchase. I knew I really, really wanted to have Splatoon 2 at launch. Splatoon 1 being my favourite Wii U game. And while it wasn't a launch game, Breath of the Wild was. Another game I really wanted to play at launch. And while I indeed had the options to get Breath of the Wild for the Wii U the Switch version simply looked and sounded like a better proposition in general. And I knew that if I got the game for the Wii U and then later got a Switch anyway, I'd most likely just wish I had the game for the Switch instead, and I love playing Breath of the Wild on the Switch so I was probably right on that point.

So in short. If I got a Switch at launch I'd be able to play both Breath of the Wild on the Switch, and Splatoon 2, on launch. Which is what I wanted and what I did. And it's been absolutely terrific.
And to add to the above. I also figured that if this thing ends up popular it might end up tough to acquire. And I deemed it extremely unlikely that there'd be any price drops or hardware revisions in time for Splatoon 2, or even Mario Odyssey. So I'd have nothing to lose by attempting to acquire it earlier. And speaking of Mario Odyssey, I dreaded the thought of trying to fight for one in the midst of the holiday season with everyone clamouring for Mario Odyssey and Zelda.
>>
>>389724776
>>389739829
I am not really that much for buying a system for games not yet available though. But truth be told, just Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2 alone would be enough for me to be happy with the Switch. Even if no other game would ever grace the system. But I also really love the other games available for the system and its future also looks really promising for what it's worth.
BotW, Splatoon 2, 1-2 Switch, Bomberman, ARMs, Disgaea 5, PuyoPuyo, Blaster Master Zero, Gunvolt 1&2, Gunvolt Burst, Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania. Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle.
Physical. But I still really wish there was an option for installing them onto the system. Though I guess that'd result in more potential exploits and I am assuming that's why they don't have any such options. Which still frustrates me but whatever. The cards are fine and the carrying case I got came with this cartridge holder that can store half a dozen games all at once.
Mario Odyssey. Xenoblade 2. Dragon Quest Builders 2. Lost Sphear. Golf Story. Fire Emblem. Dragon Marked for Death. Kirby. Pokemon. Metroid. Penny Punching Princess. The Longest Five Minutes. No More Heroes. Senrans. Wargroove. Steamworld Dig 2. Rocket League. Blade Strangers.
I think that's it.
Breath of the Wild.
Splatoon 2.
Kingdom Battle
I really do like it. I love it. Even more than I thought I would. And I would recommend it. I really wish the stick on the right joycon was above the buttons, but it's still pretty much the nicest handheld I've ever had.
>>
>>389724776
KYS fucking cuck
>>
File: 1364885170922.jpg (47KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1364885170922.jpg
47KB, 600x615px
>>389739664
>>389724776

As a longtime Nintendo fan, and my weird paranoia that OP is a Nintendo shill, I'm going to share my gripes about the Switch.

>My digital account isn't linked to my purchases on other systems
Maybe this is down the pike and connected to the plans for Virtual Console, but I sank some serious cash into my Wii and Wii U digital libraries. I also have some titles on the 3DS. The only reason I am keeping these systems around is to play some of these games. Why can't I just transfer them up to my Switch? Especially first party and legacy titles from Nintendo. I would understand games with hardware limitations or games attached to 3rd parties, but it's ridiculous that I'm expected to buy the same 25+ year old games all over again. Also, the Switch can handle by Wii U and Wii games. Let me bring them over, at least the ones I downloaded. This is the only thing holding me back from dropping more money on digital titles for the Switch. I want my old games back.

>No Virtual Console
Where the hell is it? If it's a streaming service, I understand why it's taking longer. But give us some information for fuck's sake.

>Streaming services are absent
I watched the hell out of Netflix on my Wii. Less so on my Wii U as smart devices took over that role. But I'd like the option to watch Netflix, Hulu, and all the others regardless. The Switch's screen is so much nicer than my phone, my laptop is cumbersome, and who even uses a tablet anymore? Just give me the option to use these.

>The UI is lacking
I like the simplistic look of the UI, I really do. But compared to all of the bells and whistles of the other big consoles, I feel it's lacking. I would love some more customization options, for one. Also, give me a different way to view all of my applications. I'm glad they ditched the "TVs" of the Wii and Wii U, but I miss how glorious those looked on my TV. Now it just looks like I'm staring at a dated smartphone.
>>
File: 1499433770423.gif (951KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1499433770423.gif
951KB, 500x384px
>>389724776
>>389740784

ne.

>What happened to the Miis?
I can still make one, but it's not "attached" to anything. The 3DS had a fun Mii Plaza, and I wouldn't mind seeing those games brought over to the Switch (or something like it). Give me some way to interact with my Miis and really make them feel like my digital avatar again.

>No "better" dock
I'm not a computer guru or a techie, but I feel like this is totally feasible. Give us a more updated dock that can increase the resolution of our games and make them feel even more impressive as we play. It surprised me that the dock was just a fancy HDMI and charging port, and I really expected it to do something hardware related. Give us that option, even if it's more expensive. Hackers shouldn't be the only ones playing Zelda in 1080p at 60fps. Shit, if you could, make it so we can play 4k. People really do give a shit about that stuff.

>Better online store
The eShop sucks. Make it better.
>>
File: 1466371995137.gif (2MB, 449x266px) Image search: [Google]
1466371995137.gif
2MB, 449x266px
>>389740846
>>389724776

>Make more of the Switch games "platforms" to build communities off of
I'll need to explain this one. When I bought Mario Maker on my Wii U, it was incredible. I got a lot of enjoyment out of that game. It was a "platform" game in the sense that it received regular updates, had a ton of user generated content, and felt like something I would always be coming back to. And then, out of the blue, Nintendo stopped updating it. And the Wii U was dead. And now the game sits in a drawer collecting dust.

What gives? The Switch is meant to be a hybrid console, so it's the perfect home for games like Mario Maker. Hell, Mario Maker could have been an amazing pack-in title. Regular updates, a vibrant community, user generated content.. that's what people crave these days. The Switch should be home to games like this, and Nintendo has the library for it. Not just Mario Maker, but games like Miitopia, Tomodachi Life, and Animal Crossing definitely fit this mold. And, with some imagination, it could extend to games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Kirby, Star Fox...

This is a great model that Nintendo should get behind. Splatoon sort of gets on the mark here, which is good, but there's plenty more ideas out there. How about a Balloon Fight online multiplayer game where players customize their characters and compete? Or an improved online Steel Diver? How about a Wild Gunman spinoff based on arena shooters like TF2 and Overwatch? Or an online Advance Wars where players sink hours into customizing their own army? Shit, that could even work for games like Codename Steam or Custom Robo. Or, fuck, just give us "Zelda Maker."

The possibilities are endless, but limited by the fact that Nintendo refuses to innovate where it should and insists that we repurchase or stop playing content we already own, rather than continuing the legacy onto the next system. This also saves them from making multiple games per franchise in a generation.
>>
File: 6584567367.jpg (91KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
6584567367.jpg
91KB, 554x439px
>>389724776
1. No, there are literally zero games worth getting that I can't get on a cheaper platform.
2. -
3. Physical for home console, digital for handheld and pc.
4. Metroid Prime 4 and Mario Odyssey.
5. -
6. Subjectively, I'm not too thrilled about it. I wouldn't dissuade someone who is interested in it, but I feel like it's a little half baked. It's trying to be everything at once, while attempting to be commercially affordable and of dependable quality.
Right now, I see people ranting and raving about splatoon and arms, and I really don't see the appeal. I thought they'd have a bit more of an exclusive library out by now to sway the undecided, but I guess not.
>>
>>389724776
>Did you buy a Switch?
Fuck no. I bought a Wii U, and that mistake pretty much destroyed my faith in Nintendo. That, and the choice to ride the paid online services bandwagon (Except this time you need to use a god-awful app to use any online services for no reason whatsoever) is really off-putting. Not to mention that the vast majority of its library of good games are just ports.
>What games do you have?
See above.
>Do you prefer physical or digital copies of games?
Depends. I buy a lot of games digitally on the 3DS so that I don't have to carry the cards around whenever I plan to play it for a while (although, I haven't touched the 3DS in months, ever since the failure of Sun/Moon, and the immense lack of games thereafter). I can't see myself playing the switch in public; the only situation wherein I'd play it on the go would be if I were riding a plane or something, and at that point I'd just bring the discs.
>What games are you waiting for?
I'm gonna need to see at least three good games with replayability before I buy it. Odyssey looks great, so I'll buy that, but on top of that, I just want some good unique online games (IE not just games ported over from the Wii U). Ultimately, though, I doubt I'll buy the Switch until I see Animal Crossing on it. New Leaf has gotten so fucking old after 5 years, every one of its flaws is enormously grating and makes it impossible for me to play it anymore. That being said, given that they're working on the fucking mobile game (which we still have NO info on, despite coming out in the next few months, allegedly), I doubt it'll come soon, or be any good at all if it does; it'll probably just be a port of New Leaf with no effort, just like City Folk.
>5. List your top 3 Switch games
Odyssey looks fun, I like Splatoon as a series but having to play with little kids ruins a lot of the fun, and... I can't really think of a third game I'd like. ARMS looks okay?
>6 Would you recommend it?
Not with that pathetic library.
>>
>>389725383
>and the promise of a bunch of other games that should be good.
Oh, you poor, naive fool.
>>
>>389725718
>>389726197
What's with people in shitholes having access to /v/?
>>389724776
Not buying a Switch until the inevitable revisions with better screen and improved battery life release. And games, it needs games.
>>
>>389724776
Yes. My 100% unironic reason for camping out in the freezing cold to get one at midnight was to ensure I had a console by the time Splatoon 2 game out. I didn't even give that much of a shit about Zelda; I just wanted security that I would be able to play Splatoon 2 at midnight when it came out.
Physical
>BotW
>Puyo Tetris
>ARMS
>Splatoon 2
>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
>Ultra Street Fighter II

Digital
>Splatoon 2
>Puyo Tetris
>FAST RMX
>VOEZ
>Has Been Heroes
>Shovel Knight
>KAMIKO
>Vroom in the Night Sky
>Mighty Gunvolt Burst
>Blaster Master Zero
Overall, I prefer physical copies on consoles and digital copies on handhelds. Considering the Switch is essentially both, it really depends on the game. I like to buy physical when I can, but I download games I feel I would want access to at all times
Mario Odyssey and honestly just more good games in general. I love my Switch, but it undeniably doesn't have too many great games on it at the moment
1) Splatoon 2 (90+ hours)
2) BotW (35+ hours)
3) ARMS (30+ hours)
I really like the Switch. It's underpowered as fuck compared to PS4 and Xbone, but it uses that in its favor with how versatile it is. It's great to be able to put it in a bag and play outside the house (provided you also carry around a high end portable charger and a USB-C) and even just to play on a table when you're eating a meal or just too lazy to set it up on the dock
>>
>>389741000
Mario Maker 2 (or Deluxe, whatever) for the Switch would be absolutely amazing.
I still hold out hope for them doing it. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

When/If that happens though, I hope that it'll still be compatible with and capable of accessing levels from the original Mario Maker.
Levels could always be rebuilt. But it'd be great to not have to do so.
>>
>>389724776
1. Yes. Because I missed out on two generations of Nintendo exclusives, and I'm not interested in Sony/Xbox exclusives and I can play the majority of multiplats on PC. Also I kind of wanted something portable.
2. BotW, ARMS, MK8D, Splatoon 2, and Mario +Rabbids
3. Physical
4. Mario Odyssey, Metroid Prime 4, Project Octopath, new AC title.
5. BotW, Splatoon 2, MK8D
6. Yes
>>
>>389725140
It bothers me too desu
>>
>>389741948
Cool blog
>>
>>389742419
>Mario Maker 2 (or Deluxe, whatever) for the Switch would be absolutely amazing
This. Even a remastered one should be enough for me.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.