[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

video game collector from south florida here. about to lose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

video game collector from south florida here.

about to lose all my shit thanks to hurricane irma.

shit is going down in 2 days.

its been a wild ride... wish me luck /v/ros
>>
>>389724451
why arent you putting that shit on a raft?
>>
>buying physical
lol
>>
>>389724451
Buy a bunch of boxes and bubble wrap everything niqqa, shit.
Waterproof all of it.
>>
File: 1504593697722.png (107KB, 214x348px) Image search: [Google]
1504593697722.png
107KB, 214x348px
>>389724495
>buying digital
normies get out
>>
I don't get why people hoard that garbage. If you need physical effigy of 80s gaming, collect posters.
>>
>>389724451
Shit anon. Do you have anything to protect your treasure pile?
>>
>>389724451
It is your duty to preserve that shit either by putting it into something that will keep it safe or by evacuating it. Better get to it anon. If not I hope you've got insurance.
>>
File: 1000cc-take-away-container.jpg (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1000cc-take-away-container.jpg
12KB, 500x500px
Also I don't get why you retards don't use these
>>
>>389724451
Im gonna loot that shit when they force you to evacuate.
>>
File: A Look at my shit - the file.jpg (4MB, 5000x2213px) Image search: [Google]
A Look at my shit - the file.jpg
4MB, 5000x2213px
>>389724451
nigger if you'd told me two days earlier I'dve driven down there myself, grabbed the lot for you, and held onto it for like 2 games per system

get into the midwest next time, don't fall for the memestates

>Captcha high rains
>>
File: 1504726109806.jpg (30KB, 321x482px) Image search: [Google]
1504726109806.jpg
30KB, 321x482px
>>389724451
>wish me luck /v/ros
good luck, florida

i've been flooded out before and that shit is foul but don't do anything dumb trying to save your things senpai you can't take them with you
>>
>>389724451
GET FUCKING BOXES FOR ALL OF THEM
>>
>>389724641
That's actually kinda clever anon...
Might consider that for my game cards and smaller accessories
>>
>>389724451

>all this nintenbro and not even complete in box.

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>389724849
meh

if he actually plays it who gives a fuck? i reserve CIB for games i really, really like
>>
As midwestern burgerlander that is far away from most natural disasters, I have to ask, why would ANYONE want to live near water? Even if you do not live near the beach, if a hurricane comes, you'll probably get fucked by it. I'm sure most people don't have a choice in the matter, moving is too expensive or they don't know anyone in another state and they don't want to take the chances, but I know people that willingly move to places near the ocean and unless you have a job that requires being near the ocean, I can't fathom how anyone would want to live near a large body of water.
>>
>/v/vros

I hope you lose all of it.
>>
>>389724451
well anon know your collection doesnt die in vain, the collections of your fellows will all rise in value due to the destruction of copies in circulation (and not just yours either, but others affected by the floods)
>>
>>389724451
HOW DO YOU HAVE THIS MUCH MONEY IF YOURE THAT RETARDED HOLY SHIT

ITS SO FUCKING SIMPLE JUST PUT ALL OF IT IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR
ALL OF IT
FILL IT UP

AND THEN DRIVE WITH YOUR CAR TO IOWA FOR 3 DAYS, YOU CAN SLEEP IN YOUR CAR. RETURN WHEN SHIT IS SAFE AGAIN
PROBLEM SOLVED GAMES SAVED ITS THAT SIMPLE
WHY DO I SHARE A BOARD WITH SUCH BRAINLETS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Reminds me of that one collection completely oblierated by the fukushima reactor
>>
>>389724451
You can dissassemble the carts and put stash front panels in box. PCBs are replaceable, the original plastic is not, really.
Also get paper inserts out of dvd cases and stash them somewhere, you can always find new cases for them.
>>
>>389725124
Yeah, and that guy had NeoGeo AES's and and CIB games too, ouch!
>>
good luck op
>>
>>389724451
Just don't lay them on a carpet, duh...

Though seriously, best of luck. I had a flood in my basement a few years back and was lucky it avoided all my video game stuff, though I had to pitch a shelving unit that was flood affected that held my PS2/DC games.
>>
>>389726335
Why you idiots never learn. It's fucking basement. It's below ground level. It will get flooded at some point. Use sealed containers you autistic fucks.
>>
File: DSCF3212.jpg (619KB, 1094x1254px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3212.jpg
619KB, 1094x1254px
>>389725093
1. dont have a truck
2. every highway out of here is completely packed and at a standstill
3. airports are charging 5000 for tickets or flights are cancelld
4. no gas, at all. ever. all gas is sold out

all i can do is that my home doesnt get completely destroyed or too flooded cause i dont live in a trailer park. all i can do is hope the hurricane doesnt hit me with full force since im staying at a shelter at a local college until the hurricane stops while it happens. if that happens then my shit is safe. i already put my most expensive shit on top of my bed and sealed it in garbage bags. theres too many things tho so i left like 70% of my shit on the floor in the hopes that the hurricane doesnt rip the roof off my house and completely destroy everything. even those stupid plastic boxes will fill with water.

its over bruh. it was a good run tho
>>
>>389726508
at least put that shit in some plastic cases or something maybe some will survive if your shit gets flooded
>>
>>389725134
are gamecube/vidya discs water proof?
>>
>>389726508
Don't they have those giant plastic containers in America? Put all you shit inside and seal it as best as you can and use a trolley to carry them away and store them somewhere.
>>
>>389724451

Take your games and toss them into the wind, then stick your head out of the window and be pummeled to death by video game rain.
>>
Empty out your fridge, not like the food is gonna last anyway.
Put everything inside the fridge. Fridges are sealed remember? Put tape around as a precaution.

Freezer will work too. Remember that quest in Fallout 4 where you find the kid inside the fridge? Or Indiana Jones how he survives the nuke?

Those plastic takeaway tubs don't protect shit. Whenever I have to quickly defrost meal prep, water always somehow gets in.
>>
out of curiosity, i have home insurance, would they cover a damaged video game collection?

would they be able to see the price of everything via ebay or someshit and give you what everythings worth?
>>
>>389726508
>Put handhelds in sandwich ziplocks
>Put three or so of those into gallon ziplocks
>put double-sealed bag into sealable storage tub
>>
>>389726508
Get the PCB out of you consoles, stash them in plastic box, and wrap the box with duct tape. You can always salvage new plastic, it's electronics which gets fried.

>>389726732
When flood happens your stuff will get covered in mud which is almost impossible to get rid of, so no.

3 words: sealed plastic containers
>>
>>389724451
>4
Good riddance.
>>
>>389726927
it will get priced at 50$ by insurance company
>>
>>389724451
Why not vacuum pack all that shit anon? Not like its perishable.
>>
>>389726927
you'd list the items in a claim (along with proof, i.e. pictures you take right the fuck now of your collection and any serial numbers or receipts you have stuffed into cases

you list them in such a way that they have to get an equivalent item you're satsfied with. You don't say "gamecube controller", you say "gamecubecontroller, nintendo brand, orange color, in box". There might be some fuckery where you can't specify condition other than just new or used, but even still they'd have to give you the actual price they can find quoted for it.

'Course, you have to list everything super clearly and not just go "50 videogames" or whatever, but they should be covered.
>>
>>389726967
:(
>>
seal your shit
>>
Buy a plastic box, fill it up. Put everything inside the fridge.
>>
>Living in Florishit

TOP KEK
>>
>>389727078
I'd rather let it all be destroyed in the tyranny of nature than packing it up neatly for some lowlife to loot.
>>
>>389726508
Where in florida are the highways full?

I Literally drove from miami to orlando earlier with no traffic on the turnpike.
>>
>>389724451
Fuck u and your stupid collection I hope you both get fucked up
>>
Seal them in plastic storage bins.
If they get wet, as long as you properly clean and dry them they'll still work fine.
>>
OP, 98% of your collection is common shit.

Yeah, it would be a pain to rebuy everything but if I were you I'd save all the few rarer games from the N64/SNES/GC collection and forget the rest. You can emulate what you didn't save.

Start with saving: Conker's Bad Fur Day, Snowboard Kids, Mega Man 64, Super Metroid, Kirby 3, Yoshi's Island, and most of your GC collection.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.